Even Scars Are Beautiful Ch. 05

Story Info
Love sometimes means sacrifice...
1.6k words
4.6
15.1k
21

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/26/2022
Created 02/12/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This will be a short chapter to kind of fish whether you guys are still interested in this story and to give others time to catch up before I close this chapter of my life. I will be updating on what has happened to me in the past year but with no further ado...

*****

"Jade, there's a customer that's here to ask about an event he wants us to cater Saturday night. Can you talk to him?" A waitress poked her head in the doors.

Jade went to get her paper work and walked to the customer. "Hi my name is Jade, sir! How may I help you?"

As the man turned around, he extended his hand. "Hi baby. Miss me?"

Jade almost dropped her stuff in shock.

Paxton had tracked her down.

*****

The echo of the voice of her ever present nightmares now stood before her in all his cocky glory.

Digging deep inside to find a voice, she found one, though shaky at best.

"So, what brings you into my life this time?" She hoped she sounded at least as brave as she was trying to be.

The demon smirked before her. He could sense her unease.

"Baby, I was just wondering why you ran away from me like that. Do you know how much I had to search for you?"

Closing the gap to mere inches, he gazed upon her, striking through to her core.

Digging even deeper, she summoned her strength. Turning her deep brown eyes to his black ones, she murmured, 'Maybe it was because I didn't want to be found? Maybe I was trying to fathom life without looking over my shoulder for a psychopath."

Trying to keep her fear laced anger in check, Jade clasped the pen. As it pierced her hand, the pain helped her focus.

"I told you we were forever baby. No one, not even your momma could stand before us. All you have to do is get off your high horse and come home." Reaching out to glide his hands across her braids, Jade took a quick step back, never keeping her eyes off this maniac.

Chef Myron watched with caution. The minute he sensed Jade's fear pick up, he knew it was time to step in. Striding quickly to Jade's side, he calmly whispered in Jade's ear,

"Hey Jade, we still need to talk to the investors about that new program they wanted us to cater this Friday! The meeting started five minutes ago and we are late!"

As Jade turned without hesitation, Paxton grabbed her upper arm, trying to drag her away. "We have much to discuss, old man."

Myron proceeded to pull her by the waist as she dug her heels in.

"Sorry sir, but it seems the young lady doesn't want to go with you. Now if you will!"

The restaurant had come to a standstill until they saw Paxton trying to drag Jade against her will. Then there were screams of her fellow coworkers joining in. Waiters and dish washers, pushed and punched all over Paxton, hauling him out of the door and tossing him on his ass. His nice suit now full of blood and snot angered him.

'YOU CAN'T KEEP US APART JADE! WE WERE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER!" Paxton jumped into his car and sped off down the street, kicking up rocks and dust.

Walking like a zombie, Jade slowly sat in the chair in Myron's office as her boss contacted Mitch. One breath became another, as one sob became two. As the adrenaline slowly wore off, the fear jumped down into her stomach causing her to heave sobs deep from her soul. The demon had her scent.

Mitch pushed his way through to the office and gathered his treasure in his arms. Holding her close, Jade finally found the strength to let go of all she had been holding in. As Myron began to explain what had just happened, Mitch's arms held Jade tighter. She could sense his fury. She had enjoyed the happiness and light that Mitch had brought into her life. He had treated her like a goddess. She knew he loved her. She would not let him lose his humanity. She loved him way too much for that.

Sitting in Mitch's living room that evening, Chase was furious. John couldn't even keep him in check.

"THAT SONOFABITCH! WHAT FUCKIN RIGHT DID HE HAVE FUCKIN WITH HER LIFE? THIS IS BULLSHIT!!" Chase paced back and forth with the purpose of a lion. All that he was missing was a prey he so wanted to beat into submission.

John had just given up and watched, with a bottle of water in hand. Once Chase calmed down, he would need it. He had been on a full rant for about 30 minutes straight.

Jade was outside, staring at the moon. Staring into the beauty, searching for an answer, the beast began to speak.

"We can't keep running like this, little one. I had figured it was time for me to rest finally, but we must put an end to this pathetic fool who dares to call himself your master. You must allow me full control. Without that, he will come to destroy all you hold dear."

Jade shivered. "I'm not ready to die though. Maybe if we leave and not tell anyone where we are going, maybe we can keep everyone safe."

"I am tired of running dear. It is now time to fight. I am hungry and I must feed. Can't you see? We will go out in a beautiful blaze of glory. Your friends will mourn but they will understand your sacrifice."

Mitch walked onto his back porch, wanting to ask Jade a question, but as he looked at her back, it was almost like he could see a shadow standing beside her.

"You know who I am...don't you Mitch."

"Are you the beast she speaks of so much?" Mitch had never spoken to someone in this situation so he treaded easy. All he knew was that this wasn't his woman.

"I grow weary of this Paxton. Jade is not conscious of the conversation that you and I are having, so do not be afraid. I will not harm you. I know you have many questions to ask, so ask away."

"What are you guys planning to do?"

"Now, I can't tell you that. You should know, young one, that the relationship we share is more personal than yours will ever be."

"Bullshit! I love Jade! Everything about her! I just want her to know...I will not leave her alone." Mitch felt this need grow inside of him. He had to let this 'other side of Jade' know that how desperate he was for her.

"Were you there when she was abandoned by her family? Were you there when she was beaten to the point of unconsciousness by her sisters as they proclaimed over and over that she was just an orphan her parents picked up because of sympathy? As the scars grew, were you there to back her up, when her so called friends threw her away? No, young one. The relationship that Jade and I share is soul deep. I don't care how much you say you love her, you will never comprehend this."

"No. I wasn't there. I want her to heal. I want to love her like no one has. She can see my scars and I am not afraid of what I have shown her. She has seen the damage this war has brought to me and she sees the truth of who i am. I want to spend the rest of my life with her, if she will have me." Mitch wanted to hold Jade so close but every time he approached, this zing burned into his head. For now, he just kept a safe distance.

"Wanting is a beautiful thing to have, young one. Ask yourself this though. Now that you know she isn't completely crazy and that I truly exist, will your wants disappear like so many others?"

Mitch watched as the shadow faded away. Jade's mental condition had never been a problem to him till he had to meet it head on. Now that he had, he needed to take a breather.

Jade stood still, focused on the moon. "I'm sorry, Mitch."

Mitch watched as she turned her body towards him, as her brown eyes shone with tears still unshed. Holding him close, all that could be heard in that one life changing moment were the chirps of crickets as they sung the sounds of night time. As Jade released him, she took one more deep breath. Nothing was spoken as she slowly walked away. Walking past a still furious Chase, she strode to her car and drove away, working on a plan to save anyone else from being infected by her own private nightmare.

She could not let Mitch lose his humanity like she at one time had lost hers.

It was the time for the beast to come back and destroy her enemies.

Even at the cost of her life.

*****

Again, this is me seeing if there is interest in this story. After the death of my godson, I had lost many motivations for living. My computer was destroyed, and all of my files on my jump drive became corrupted, I lost all of my back ups and back notes to my stories. 2014 has not been a good year but I am not going down without a fight. It took over a year to find the strength to write again. I want to finish this not just for myself, but for my fans who thought I would not finish this so your comments, good and bad are much appreciated.

-

I can't let the system control me...

There's no choice but to master the system...