Ever After

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I think they need a bigger toy." Kat laughed and leaned into Trace's side more fully.

True and Domino both had their teeth on a side of the ball and were running sideways, while Boss jumped up at it from the bottom. Kat ran in and got the tug-of-war rope they had bought. Back in the yard she wiggled it enticingly, and all three dogs charged her. She yelped and threw it up in the air, and they all made a jump for it.

Kat went back to Trace and wrapped her arms around his waist, hugging him.

"Today is a beautiful day."

"That it is." Trace kissed the top of her head.

The couple moved to the porch swing and sat while they watched the dogs. One by one they broke away from the play and ran for a drink. Trace used his foot to push the swing, and Kat rested her hand on his thigh.

"Tell me about you."

"What do ya wanna know?"

"Everything."

Trace laughed. "That's a lot of ground to cover."

"Well, it doesn't all have to be right now." Kat smiled coaxingly.

"Okay. I grew up down the road. My dad was a farmer, and I have followed in his footsteps. Some days I want to do something different, other days I'm happy as I am. I actually lease out most of my land, so I'm not the one farming it. In my spare time I come visit Gram, work on my little garden and play with the dogs."

"That sounds wonderful."

"It's not bad. The past few days I have been neglecting my work though. Your company is much too appealing." He smiled.

"It's hard to resist, isn't it?" Kat laughed. "Have you ever been married?"

A shadow crossed his eyes. "Yes."

"It didn't end well." Kat made it a statement.

"No."

Kat didn't speak, just watched him expectantly. Trace finally sighed.

"She cheated on me with one of the farmers that leased work from me. She was pregnant, and wasn't sure who the father was. I filed for divorce, we fought, I kicked her out. Had her child been mine, I would have taken care of it, but I'd be damned if I was going to be married to a cheater."

"The baby wasn't yours?"

"She was killed in a car accident when she was six months pregnant."

Kat felt like she had been kicked in the gut. "Oh, Trace.."

"The divorce was final, and I didn't want any part of anything. Her family made my life hell for months. Finally, her mom convinced me to meet her at the cemetery." A far away look came to his eyes, like he was reliving the moment.

"She said she had some papers for me. She didn't. She just wanted me to see the headstone. I swear Kat, I've never seen anything so morbid. There was her name.. Jennifer Marie McBride. My last name still." He swallowed hard.

"Trace, that's not that morbid." Kat rubbed squeeze his hand.

"No. It's not." His voice seemed thick.

"Then what..."

"Under her name, it said, 'and Baby Boy McBride'."

"Oh my god." Kat shut her eyes.

"Yeah." Trace laughed humorlessly. "The baby was mine."

Kat had no clue what to say. Her job was to write stories about people, events, she had to write conversations, but for the life of her, she couldn't come up with a single thing to say to him. Finally she moved, releasing his hand. She cupped his face in her hands, and kissed him gently on the lips.

"No one should have to go through any of that, and I'm sorry you had to. But you have big shoulders, and I think someone knew you could handle it. You're a great guy Trace. When things like that happen, they mold us into who we are. For better or worse, the circumstances make us strong, or they make us weak. You're a fighter Trace. That helped mold you into who you are today. And I don't see anything wrong with you." Kat gave him a small smile, then leaned in and kissed his forehead.

Trace's hands moved up and curved around her wrists. His eyes shut, and the corners of his mouth turned up slightly.

"Thanks Kat. No one has ever put it that way before. Some days I thought it would kill me, some days I blamed no one but myself. But I think things happen for a reason. What the reason was, I'm still not sure, but you're absolutely right." Trace opened his eyes and stared at her.

Kat gave him a small smile. "You're welcome. Thank you for sharing with me. I know that couldn't have been easy."

Trace tipped his head and gave her a kiss. "I had an easier time telling you than anyone else."

"Aw, that's cause you're sweet on me." Kat exaggerated her country accent.

"You're absolutely right."

The couple stared at each other, feeling all the warm, wonderful feelings of attraction, and if they would admit it, new love. There were a thousand butterflies doing cartwheels in Kat's stomach, and Trace couldn't tear his gaze from hers. Sharing the pain of his past linked them; he felt her sympathy, and her desire to make things good for him.

Just then the dogs all came clamoring up onto the porch then took turns getting drinks. They were all panting, tongues lolling out the sides of their mouths dropping droplets of water onto the old wood. One, two, three clunks as they laid down in various places in the shade.

It broke the spell, and Kat reluctantly released Trace. She settled back against the swing and he grabbed for her hand. His big booted feet pushed off, and they swung in silence, enjoying the beauty of the day and the joy of each other's company.

Saturday dawned hot and stuffy. True preferred to spend her time at Gram's feet in the air conditioning, and Kat didn't blame her. She had set her laptop up at the island in the kitchen and got some writing done early. After sending it to her editor, she looked up the local Humane Society online, and made a very generous donation. Then she sent an email to her 'friends' asking them to help the animals in their areas. She got Gram's breakfast ready, and had just sat back down to write some more when Trace showed up.

"Morning darlin'." He dropped a light kiss on her lips. He smelled like earth.

"Good morning... you've been in the garden."

"Am I that obvious?" Trace poured himself a cup of coffee and sat down next to her.

"Yep. You smell like dirt."

"Gee, that's sexy." He reached over and laid his hand on her thigh, his thumb brushing lazy circles on her skin.

"It is. It means you work for a living. The guys where I live all have manicures." Kat smiled and rested her hand on top of his.

He smiled. "Are ya getting anything accomplished?"

"Yep. I'm even a little ahead of schedule. Gram's been fed and her and True are napping."

"That's interesting." Trace grinned, his white teeth flashing in stark comparison to his bronzed face.

"Oh ya think so?"

"Yep. So are ya really gonna write a book about me?" His smiled quirked into a smirk.

"Maybe." Kat leaned back and stretched, lifting her hair off of her neck.

"Are you the other main character?"

"Maybe." She smiled.

"You better be. Or I don't want to be in it."

With a quick glance to make sure they couldn't be seen, Trace reached out and plucked at her nipple through her tank top. The lack of a bra came in handy, and it was instantly hard, pressing against the thin material.

"Excuse me, Mr. McBride." Kat lowered her arms and jokingly crossed them over her chest.

"No excuse for you. Move your arms. I liked the view before." Trace lounged back in his chair.

"Why are ya over here pestering me? Don't you have a farm to run?"

"Nope. That's why I have people that work for me. In fact, I hired an extra one since I have much more interesting things to do with my time." He smiled again.

Reaching out once more, he hooked two fingers in the curve of her elbow and gently exerted pressure down, making her uncross her arms. Both nipples seemed to harden under his stare. His hand shifted up, and he brushed them both in turn with his thumb.

"You're really something, Kat." Heat gathered in his eyes. His lids half closed over his grass green eyes, and Kat felt her stomach lurch.

Since that first time, they had been letting the anticipation build. They hadn't discussed anything, but Trace knew Kat had struggled with herself after they had been together. He wanted her more than anything, but he wasn't going to push. But damn, she looked so adorable and sexy in her gray shorts and a red tank top, her hair wild and untamed. He was having more and more trouble keeping his hands to himself.

Kat was having much the same issue. She wanted him again, and she thought she wanted him for always. She was just trying to get to know him better before she fell head over heels. It wasn't working; she was already there.

"I'm going to call and have my things shipped. Today."

Trace's eyes widened, and he sat up a little straighter.

"I'm not sure where I will live, but I guess I can stay here til I figure things out." Kat gave a small smile.

"You're gonna stay here with Gram until she's better, then you're moving in with me." Trace spoke before he thought, and they both looked shocked at his announcement.

"W-what?"

"Well.. I mean.. it's just.. Aw, hell." Trace moved quickly, catching Kat around her waist and hauling her up against him.

"I think I am in love with you, I'm glad you're stayin', and I want to be with you, Kat. I don't know how far we can go, but damn I'm willing to see." Trace spoke by her ear, his breath hot against her neck.

Kat wrapped her arms around him, and shut her eyes. Tears had filled them and spilled over, splashing onto his shirt.

"Trace, I know I love you. I want to be with you too. It's crazy- we hardly know each other. But I have never felt this strongly about anyone, ever." Kat sniffled.

He pushed away from her slightly. Staring at her tear drenched eyes, he felt a clench in his gut. He hadn't felt like this about Michelle, no woman before, and no woman after. For some reason, in his heart he knew Kat was the One. He couldn't live without her. He pressed his lips to hers, and tasted the salt of her tears. Her bottom lip trembled, and he cupped her face with his palm. Trace moved his thumb and pulled down on her chin, his tongue dipping into her mouth at the same time. Kat moaned, and wrapped her arms more tightly around him.

Trace growled and jerked her half off her chair, half onto him. Kat could feel his heart pounding against her chest, and all urge to cry vanished. She was on fire. This man was hers, and hers alone, and she didn't care how long she had known him, she was going to sleep with him over and over, and no one could say a word. Trace's hands held her tightly against him, his fingers biting into her skin. Hs tongue plunged in and out of her mouth, exploring her, claiming her as his own.

"If you guys aren't too busy, True needs to go outside."

Gram's voice exploded in their ears, and they jerked away from each other like two guilty teenagers. She hadn't moved from her chair in the living room, and couldn't see anything, but True stood there in the doorway, waiting patiently to be let out. Kat could hear Gram stifling her laughter. Trace groaned.

Kat stood and adjusted herself, then dutifully opened the door so True could go do her business.

"Great timing, mutt." Kat smiled as she closed the door.

"It probably was. I think things were about to get out of hand." Trace was watching her, trying to slow his breathing.

"Yeah, with Gram in the other room and all.." Kat leaned her back against the door, and looked at Trace.

"Yep." His voice trailed off as his eyes traveled up and down her body, stopping occasionally on some interesting curves.

Kat ran her hands down her stomach and over her hips, sliding them down the fronts of her thighs. Her thumbs brushed together in the center as she brought them back up, and let her palms cup her breasts from underneath. She lifted them out slightly as she pressed them together, her nipples budding into peaks instantly. Kat let her fingertips graze across them as she lifted her arms, letting the backs of her hands brush over her neck. They met in the back, lifting her hair up. Holding it with one hand, the other moved to the door, palm flat against it. As if to some song in her head, she began swaying her hips.

Her other hand came down, and palmed against the door behind her also. She worked her ass back against the door, moving her hips all the while. Two bumps to each side. Then she bent her knees, and swooped down, first to one side then the other, rolling her ass against the door the whole time. Kat's head fell back, exposing the arch of her throat, and Trace watched her heartbeat in the delicate skin. Her eyes were shut, and when she rolled her head back around they opened, meeting his gaze head on. Her lips parted and his saw a flash of her pink tongue before the corner of her mouth tilted up into a smirk.

She pushed herself off the door and twirled around, pressing her chest against it. Her arms went straight up above her head, palms flat on the wood, her hips still bumping out the rhythm in her mind. They started moving more in a figure eight pattern, and as they did she slid her hands down the door slowly. Once they were at waist level, she braced herself on the door frame and pressed her pelvis into the wood, letting her head fall back, and swayed side to side. She moved her knees and thrust her hips against the door, finally turning to the side slightly and their eyes again clashed.

Kat caught her bottom lip between her teeth and finally her hips stilled as she turned back to face him. She stood with her legs spread wider than shoulder width and her shoulder blades pressed into the door. It tipped her pelvis out in a most inviting way.

Trace had watched the show from his chair, and it took every ounce of restraint not to run to her, jerk her shorts down and wrap her legs around his waist while he fucked her against the door. A couple times he actually wanted to shut his eyes because he was sure he would pass out. All the blood in his body had definitely been redirected.

Kat was breathless and aroused. She had never done anything like that before, and she wasn't sure what had come over her. But by the look in Trace's eye, he had completely enjoyed it. She could see the bulge in his jeans, and had seen his muscles tense, as if he was holding himself back. God, she wanted him. Kat curved her finger and beckoned him. Trace was on his feet in record time. He stopped in front of her, and she spun so her back was to him.

Trace leaned down and kissed her shoulder, his hands lightly bracketing her waist. She backed up against him and again started moving her hips. The rough denim of his jeans scraped against her upper thighs and the lower part of her ass cheeks. Kat leaned forward, and his hands moved to her back, his fingers grazing down either side of her spine. His thumbs pressed in gently, feeling each vertebrae, going all the way down to her tailbone, then back up. He rocked his hips forward, not being able to help himself. Kat dipped her knees and then straightened them, rubbing her ass up and down along the front of him, feeling his cock strain under the material.

Trace reached a hand around the front of her, his fingers splaying her lower stomach. The tips just barely reached the top of her pussy. He left it there like that to tease for a moment as she kept up her swaying. His other hand grasped her hip and he slowed her down, then started thrusting against her. She was bent over just far enough she could almost feel him where she needed him.

His hand dipped lower, and he pushed his middle finger up. It slid easily between her lips. The thin material of her shorts didn't dull the sensation much. She was wet, so so wet.. His finger started a slow rhythm, rubbing up and down along her clit. Kat gasped; the first noise other than their breathing for several minutes. Trace closed his eyes and enjoyed all the sensations at once. His free hand moved from her hip, down along her thigh, then up under her shorts from the back. Kat jerked slightly at the feeling of skin on skin.

Trace let his fingertips slide up and down her slit, then finally he pressed in, again slipping easily. Kat bit her lip to keep from moaning. She tilted her hips, allowing him better access. One finger dipped into her sleek passage, and Kat's knees almost buckled. She was so sensitized she wondered if she was going to make it. Trace's fingers never changed pace, just gently stroking, seeking, exploring. He felt her juices covering his palm, and it was his turn to smother a moan. Kat's muscles clenched around his finger, trying to draw him deeper. When she was to the point of no return, he pulled away from her. She lost his fingers, and he stepped away from her. Kat almost stumbled and hit her head on the door. She didn't realize how much he was been supporting her.

When she straightened and turned, he was across the kitchen, leaning against the island, his chest heaving. There was a wet spot on the front of his jeans, but Kat honestly didn't know if it was from him or her. She panted, and unconsciously pressed her thighs together.

"That was a dirty trick." She gave him a half grin.

"No, yours was. Let the dog in. Go get ready. Be at my place in a half hour." Trace straightened and strode past her, walked through the door, and clomped down the porch steps. She watched as he hopped into his truck and practically threw gravel pulling down the driveway. Kat barely noticed that True nosed her way in.

She ran upstairs and started the shower.

Trace pulled into his driveway and ran up into the house. He stripped out of his clothes and took a cold shower. It didn't help. He was rock hard, and it wasn't going away. He was going to teach Kat a lesson about teasing a man. It was one she would probably like. He smiled, and felt his cock twitch again. He rolled his eyes and stepped out of the shower, wrapping a towel around his waist.

He debated on getting dressed, then thought better of it. Smiling to himself he laid down on the bed and grabbed the phone.

"Hey Gram, is Kat still there? Oh good. I need her help for a little bit, will you be okay by yourself? Are ya sure? Okay, thanks honey. Could I talk to her real quick? Just holler for her, ya hear?"

"Hello?" Kat was breathless.

"I told Gram I needed your help for a little bit. That's the story, okay?"

"All right." He could hear her fumbling for something.

"What are you wearing?" Trace grinned into the receiver.

"Nothing yet. I'm looking."

"Don't put on make up, or dry your hair, okay?"

"I don't have time for that anyway. But okay."

She was out of breath. Talk about being in a hurry. Trace again smiled.

"When ya get here, just come on in. There isn't anyone around."

"All right."

"Don't wear panties."

"I wasn't going to."

"I'm laying in my bed, naked. Come in the front door, up the stairs, third door on the right."

Kat hesitated for a split second. "Okay."

"I took a cold shower, and I am still rock hard. I cant wait for you to get here."

"I cant wait to get there either."

They listened to each other breathe for a moment.

"I'm still wet. I can't stop it. I'm not sure how not wearing panties is going to go."

"It's going to go fine. You're going to need that when you get here. I have something that likes it." Trace smiled again, and glanced down, watching beads of moisture drip off of the tip of his cock. He absently wiped it off of his stomach.

"Let me go, so I can get there."

"See ya in a few."

Trace clicked the phone off, and set it on the nightstand. And counted the minutes.

Three minutes late, Kat threw the door open. She stood framed in the early afternoon sun, wearing a sundress.

"I made Gram's lunch, that's why I'm late."

"You're forgiven." Trace smiled at her.

She had her make up bag in one hand, and she threw it onto the floor as she shut the bedroom door.

"Your house is nice."

"Thanks."

She stripped off her dress as she walked towards the bed. Flinging it to the floor, she climbed up beside him. Trace assumed she would want some preliminary playtime, so he started to roll towards her. Her hands caught his shoulders and pushed him down.