Every Rose Has Its Thorn

Story Info
Superhero Wildrose battles sinister hypnotist Mistressmind.
4.1k words
4.49
70.7k
38
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JukeboxEMCSA
JukeboxEMCSA
3,720 Followers

(With the deepest of gratitude to Flibinite, whose wonderful story 'If At First You Do Succeed' inspired this.)

WildRose moved with the grace of a panther through the darkened corridors of the museum. Even when she spoke, it was in a sotto voce tone that carried none of the sibilant hisses of a whisper. She knew how to be stealthy when needed...even if she preferred to cause a little mayhem now and again. "I've got a visual on our would-be thief," she said, crouching down behind a display of Egyptian burial rituals. "African-American, 6'0", can't see the eye color but she's got black hair in a tight bun, and she's wearing a black leather outfit. She's got the guard kneeling down in front of the case, and she's whispering something in his ear...and..." She let out a tiny laugh, as much from embarassment as amusement. "He's got his fly unzipped, and he's jerking off."

"Well," said the computer-disguised voice in her ear, "at least now we know why the police haven't been forthcoming with details on the crimes."

WildRose shrugged. "The police never tell me anything, Sharpe."

"That's because you totaled a police car your first week on the job."

WildRose struggled to keep her voice low, despite the obvious indignation in her tone. "I 'totaled' the police car ramming it into the side of an armored juggernaut that was crushing half the city. I didn't hear anyone complaining when I took it."

"That's because you put the cop in a sleeper hold before you took his keys. Which brings us neatly back to my initial point: Cops don't like you. They like me, and they never mentioned any of this. They must be worried it'll make them look bad. Three burglaries, no clues, cops at the scene can't remember anything...and now we know why." WildRose heard the sound of keys rattling, and knew her ace information gatherer was on the prowl. "Hold on, I'm rooting through some of the Department of Justice files. Ooh, that's a new firewall!"

"Careful," WildRose said. She sometimes wished she knew more about Sharpe, and just how much risk she put herself through in helping WildRose get the information she needed to fight crime. She'd let slip enough to help WildRose figure out that she was female--WildRose preferred the direct approach to vigilantism, but she had an agile mind when she needed it. But who she was, where she lived, why she'd decided to contact WildRose instead of Adventure Girl or one of the more famous super-heroes out there, it had always been a mystery to WildRose. Maybe it always would be.

"Careful is my middle name. I had hippie parents." There was another sound of speedy typing. "Bingo. Beryl Wanderly, alias Beryl Woods, alias Bonnie McQueen, aka Mistressmind. Pretty thin file, to be honest. She's under suspicion for a lot, but she hasn't been nailed for anything. The file notes something about 'possible hypnotic abilities', but it doesn't go into detail. Listen, I'm not sure it's a good idea to--"

"You're never sure it's a good idea to. Don't worry. I'll make sure she eats floor before she has a chance to turn my mind into cream cheese, OK?"

"Rose, don't. This is a situation where back-up is--"

"--going to take twenty minutes to get here, by which time she'll have gotten away with the goods. Besides, if I have to crouch here and watch Mister Three-Inch there whack it for another minute more, I'm going to go nuts. I'm in the mood for quality violence, and Mistressmind just volunteered. Over and out." Knowing that Sharpe would just continue to yammer 'caution, caution, caution', WildRose broke the connection before moving into a long, loping sprint.

Time to go to work.

*****

Mistressmind had her back to the hallway as she delicately disconnected the alarm sensors in the case containing Akhmeton's death mask, but that was the advantage of turning the guard into a hypnotized sex slave instead of knocking him out. She'd given him instructions to warn her if anyone approached. Sure enough, he shouted, "Mistress, watch out!" She turned, and her swift reactions just barely managed to give her the time to dodge the flying kick aimed at her head. She rolled out of the way, tumbling clear as her opponent practically demolished the alarm system she'd been trying to disarm, and pulled herself up into a fighting stance.

Her opponent was a lithe, athletic woman in a dark green catsuit with a utility belt around the waist, with a single red rose stenciled directly over her heart. The red in the rose matched the red of her hair, cut in a short pageboy style so as not to give opponents anything to grab. She wore a scarf over her mouth to conceal her identity, but it only served to emphasize her radiant blue eyes. Mistressmind took one look at her and thought, Mine.

"So, you must be this 'WildRose' I've heard about, Samson City's defender and paragon of virtue. It's a pleasure to meet you, my dear. I am Mistressmind. I think I'll enjoy you."

WildRose launched herself forward in a flurry of kicks. "I've heard of you already. I have to say, I wasn't--" She launched a spinning kick, only to see Mistressmind step sinuously back out of the way. "Expecting someone--" Another kick missed its target by inches. "Who could fight!" She feinted with the left fist, then swung in with the right, but Mistressmind again managed to dodge.

"Few people do." That much was fact. Mistressmind had trained in Serpent Style Kung Fu for many years as part of her studies, and just the surprise factor had enabled her to hold her own with many opponents whose skill outmatched hers. Such as WildRose herself, she realized. In any prolonged battle, this girl would gain the upper hand. But, Mistressmind thought, she had no intention of turning this into a prolonged battle. "You probably heard more about my hypnotic powers."

WildRose launched another flurry of attacks, but Mistressmind had plenty of open ground to retreat through. "Actually, they were kind of vague on that. I'm sure they'll have plenty of time to update your file once you're in jail, though."

Mistressmind grinned. The girl didn't realize it, but she'd already begun the process that would leave her begging to obey. Simple social interaction was how it always started; she was engaging with Mistressmind, listening to her words and processing them. Mistressmind was an expert at taking any social dynamic and turning it to her advantage, and she'd already seen how she would mold this young crime-fighter to her will. "Yes, I imagine that's already making you a little nervous. Not knowing exactly how I could enslave your mind, not being entirely sure of what to avoid. Do you dare to look into my eyes?" She saw WildRose look away from her, just a little at that. Just flinching ever so slightly. "Oh, but that would be too easy, my wild girl. Any hypnotist can capture you with her eyes, can ensnare your will and leave you dizzy, and dazed, and aroused, and deep in an obedient trance. No, Mistressmind works her will upon you in far more...interesting ways." And by the time you've guessed what those are, she thought, you'll already be mine.

*****

WildRose was already beginning to get a little frustrated. The museum's 'Treasures of the Middle Kingdom' exhibit was designed to accommodate large numbers of guests, but when it was just two people, that gave one of them a lot of room to retreat. Mistressmind was keeping one step out of reach, constantly shifting her stance to avoid giving her an opening. Which wouldn't be that bad, since the cops were probably on their way, Sharpe had probably alerted the entire Liberty Squad, and given enough time, WildRose was going to find a weak spot in this bitch's fighting style and make her eat her teeth, but WildRose didn't like all this talk about hypnosis. Whatever this girl's mojo was, WildRose had to be ready for it, or by the time the cops got there, she'd be on her knees right next to the security guard.

She launched another series of attacks against Mistressmind, but the other woman just dodged and blocked them again. "Getting tired, WildRose?" Mistressmind said tauntingly. "Perhaps you're inhaling my perfume while you exert yourself with these fruitless attempts to break through my defenses. Smell that subtle scent, WildRose, that delicate fragrance on the air. Almost imperceptible, but just perhaps..." She laughed. "Wouldn't that be amusing--a rose, captured by a scent?"

WildRose couldn't smell anything, but that only worried her more. She began to slow her breathing down, a meditative technique taught to her by a Tibetan priest. It was supposed to center her mind and allow her to release her negative emotions without the need for violence, but WildRose had never been very good at that part. Still, it should help to keep toxins out of her bloodstream. "Lady," she said, "you better know that I plan on putting you in jail just for that smug little laugh alone."

Mistressmind laughed again. "You find it smug now, my fiery little girl, but I think that as time goes by, you'll find it...entrancing. Perhaps even arousing. Perhaps..." She laughed again. WildRose gritted her teeth, trying to block out the sound. "Oh, but this is so much fun! A young, helpless superheroine, soon to be mine. You'll never see it coming, my dear. I have so many ways to take you, so many ways to make you mine. And when I do...oh, such things I'll make you feel."

WildRose continued to advance, watching her enemy's stance, waiting for the chance to strike. But Mistressmind's guard was just a little too good, her footwork and hand position moving fluidly to block any potential attack. "What, like that guard back there? Gee, like I've never masturbated before." OK, that was probably a little more information than she'd intended to give the sinister supervillainess, but she was starting to get seriously annoyed with this whole bargain-basement dominatrix schtick.

"Yes, I imagine you have masturbated before. You've pictured a tall, sexy, athletic woman, and it's gotten you aroused..." WildRose was suddenly very glad of her mask, because she was sure her cheeks were bright red. She was glad Sharpe couldn't hear any of what was going on, either, because Mistressmind had gaydar beyond any girl's wildest dreams, and she wasn't sure she wanted her disembodied partner to know she was a lesbian. It was the one thing WildRose could reasonably expect wasn't on a database somewhere for her to find.

"Oh, yes, I can see it in your eyes. Strong, sexy women get you hot, my wild rose. I'm a strong, sexy woman, one who's your match physically and your superior mentally. That has to be arousing you, just a little. I know it's arousing me."

WildRose really wanted to end this now. It was starting to get embarrassingly personal. But the more she watched her opponent's stance, the more impenetrable it seemed.

*****

Mistressmind couldn't suppress the rush of arousal between her thighs, and didn't want to try. She'd definitely scored a hit with that last statement, judging by the way WildRose's whole face had turned as crimson as her hair. Her being a lesbian would make things a little easier for Mistressmind, but it really didn't matter. She could already see the slightly confused, slightly helpless look in her prey's eyes, and that was better than any blush could possibly be. WildRose was falling right into Mistressmind's trap.

"And you're probably picturing my arousal now, the warmth between my thighs...it wouldn't surprise me if you started to undress me with your mind." Mistressmind kept talking, letting her warm, seductive words paint a picture she knew the young heroine was finding it harder and harder to deny. "Perhaps that's how I'll hypnotize you, my hot, wild girl. Your own pussy will do the work for me, your sexual desires slowly overwhelming your will to think, to resist, washing it all away into sweet, hazy arousal."

That wasn't it either, honestly, but by this point, her actual induction had already progressed deeply enough that every time she suggested a way that WildRose could sink deeper into hypnosis, she would. "That doesn't sound so bad, does it? That guard, he's masturbating, he's picturing me naked, and he seems to be enjoying it. But I'll let you in on a little secret, my beautiful girl. You wouldn't have to imagine."

WildRose was blinking now, and Mistressmind imagined her trying to clear her head of the insistent mental images of Mistressmind's ebon skin against her own. Even now, WildRose was keeping her breathing slow and even, avoiding Mistressmind's gaze...not understanding that none of it was helping, that Mistressmind continued to deepen her trance with every moment.

"That's right, my darling. I like Samson City. Its treasures are so undefended, its protector so sweet and beautiful...and submissive...and aroused... I plan to stick around for quite some time. You can keep chasing me down, keep finding me as I plunder the city, as I plunder your treasure again and again...I can speak a single word, and entrance you utterly, ravish your body and leave you aching in bliss. You can't stop me, you know that now. You're sinking deeper and deeper into trance, I've already hypnotized you and you never even noticed how, but your will is sinking into mine..."

WildRose's eyes were now totally glazed over, fluttering with the effort of keeping them open. The crotch of her catsuit was practically soaked through with her arousal, and she swayed gently in time to Mistressmind's motions without even understanding why. Mistressmind had only studied Serpent kung fu as part of the foundation for her hypnotic abilities; its shifting, fluid stance attracted the eye, and Mistressmind used that as a hypnotic focus. She had learned to channel her every motion into a seductive, sinuous dance that lulled her enemies into a vulnerable state where she could slip her suggestions into their pliant minds.

A martial artist like WildRose, trained to watch her opponent's every move with precise attention, only went under that much easier, that much faster. And every time they fought, she would slip away that much quicker. Soon, Mistressmind would control her utterly. She wished that WildRose hadn't smashed that alarm at the beginning of the fight. With an hour or two of effort, she was certain she could break the younger girl to her will permanently. Oh, well. She'd have time for that later.

Time to end this.

*****

WildRose had forgotten exactly how to control her breathing somewhere along the way. She kept finding herself panting with arousal, desperately wishing that Mistressmind would touch her the way she wanted to be touched, the way she needed to be touched. The other woman was saying something about her arousal controlling her now, about losing her will to resist and needing to give into that warm, sexual pleasure, and WildRose knew it was true. It had to be true. She'd never been this hot. She'd never imagined she could be this hot.

Mistressmind was so sexy, so powerful, so erotic, and every time WildRose's eyes slipped shut for a moment it was like her clothes just vanished because the Mistressmind in her mind's eye was naked and commanding and powerful, and it just seemed so much better to close her eyes because she could see Mistressmind naked when she closed her eyes, and she wanted that so much. Mistressmind was explaining how she'd see her naked for real later on, and WildRose looked forward to that so much. But for now, it was just easier to close her eyes and let those hot, sexy thoughts take over her mind, let her pussy take over and do the thinking for her, just like Mistressmind had said it would. Mistressmind had been right about everything. Mistressmind was always right about everything.

She felt Mistressmind take her hand now, leading her over to one of the support pillars, and it felt so right to tell her where the compact handcuffs were located on her utility belt. It felt so perfect to feel those handcuffs snapping around her wrists, leaving her locked to the pillar with her hands behind her back, because that meant that she was helpless and vulnerable before Mistressmind, and she understood now that that was the best thing, that was the hottest thing, that was the sexiest thing.

Mistressmind told her to open her eyes, and it felt so good to obey, and it felt even better to stare into Mistressmind's own eyes, just inches away from her own. They hypnotized her, just like Mistressmind had said they would. They captured her, ensnared her will and left her dizzy and dazed and aroused and deep in an obedient trance. Mistressmind was speaking, but WildRose was so horny now, and Mistressmind was so close, and she could finally smell that thick, musky, mind-enslaving perfume, and it was making her so hot that she couldn't consciously focus on the words. She just responded to them, gasping out, "feels so good to be helpless before Mistressmind, feels so hot to be helpless before Mistressmind..."

Mistressmind was touching her now, through the catsuit, pinching and fondling her breasts, and it was setting off fireworks of pleasure in her body. She knew that when Mistressmind touched her between her thighs, when Mistressmind rubbed her hot pussy, that she would cum so hard, cum and then sleep deep and warm in the bliss of obedience. She heard her own voice begging to cum, high and quiet like a little girl's. She'd never thought she would hear so much arousal in her own tones, but it all spilled out in a mindless babble of need and lust, and she could feel Mistressmind's hand trailing down her stomach, and she was moaning now, a high, keening wail of arousal, and...

Mistressmind touched her pussy, and WildRose came harder than she'd ever cum in her life. The pleasure just went on and on and on, hitting her every erogenous zone on levels she'd never believed possible, a multiple orgasm that just kept riding on wave after wave of pleasure until she couldn't stand it any more, and then it just kept on fucking going after that.

Finally, she slumped down against the pillar, her mind beginning to spiral into deeper trance.

*****

As Mistressmind headed back towards the case with Akhmeton's death mask, she sniffed the heady musk of WildRose's arousal on her fingers. A fine, gorgeous vintage, she thought, looking forward to all the times she would sample it in the days to come. She briefly considered turning back and pulling down the girl's mask, but with the alarm running, she was on a timetable. There'd be time enough for that in the days to come; within a week or so, WildRose would be begging to reveal all her secrets. No point in pulling off the mask to reveal a face she wouldn't recognize anyway. Besides, thought Mistressmind, the mask isn't the part of the costume that I want to remove right now.

At first, of course, she would simply ravish the girl and disappear with the goods. But she could already tell that WildRose was primed to be her willing thrall. She'd never had a pet, but this girl's talents, her skills, would undoubtedly take Mistressmind to even greater heights of villainy. And, she thought as she opened the case and reached for the mask, it didn't hurt that the girl was absolutely fucking gorgeous to boot.

In fact--

WHAM

*****

WildRose was actually happy to see that the spinning roundhouse hadn't quite put MistressMind down for the count. It had left her seeing about three of any given superheroine you'd care to name, and had certainly discouraged her from grabbing any Egyptian treasures that might be lying around, but she was still conscious. She was going to know who hit her. And that was going to feel wonderful.

"Wha..." Mistressmind tried to refocus her eyes, and clearly couldn't believe what she was seeing with them. "But...you were..."

WildRose dangled the handcuffs from one finger. "Rule Number Three Of Solo Super-Heroing: Never carry a pair of handcuffs you can't get out of." She stepped in for an easy leg whip on the dazed supervillainess, then flipped her over after bearing her down to the ground. "I wouldn't struggle," she said, grabbing Mistressmind's arm in a joint hold and twisting it up behind her back. "This particular hold can--" There was a loud popping sound. "I did say, 'Don't struggle'," she finished in a disappointed tone.

JukeboxEMCSA
JukeboxEMCSA
3,720 Followers
12