Everything Looks Better Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"If you marry me, you have to take me to Spira with you."

"We don't have to be married to cross the portal."

"I know. But it's the only way you'll bring me."

Not true. He was supposed to bring her as a Summoner; it was what Tidus wanted. While marrying Raine would cement her accompaniment into Spira with him, how much different was it really from marrying a high priest's daughter? They were both very high-profile, very political unions and the only difference he could see was that a marriage to a future Summoner would benefit all of Spira when it was time to call the Final Aeon, not just the Yevonite priests of Bevelle. Raine was hoping for discreet with Auron and he was touched her intensions to him were modest and pure, but marrying him would not be that much different than Jory once they reached Spira. A union between the Legendary Guardian and Tidus' sister from...Zanarkand would be scandalous indeed.

"Put your hand up," Auron ordered.

"What? Why?"

"Your hand. Put it up."

Blinking in comprehension, she tucked her hand possessively behind her back. "No," she said, shaking her head in refusal.

Auron put up his hand, holding out his fingers in a frozen wave, waiting passive for her to comply.

She rolled her eyes. "Auron, I'm never going to be as big as you. It's a genetic impossibility.

But she dragged her hand off the patio and grudgingly mirrored him. He touched her hand, pretending to be very deliberate as he measured them up, hers falling short of his by a good inch. She saw it, too, and her face crumpled tearlessly, signaling he had let the charade go a moment too far.

"Close enough," he said and quickly interlaced his fingers with hers.

She shoved him with both hands, smiling impishly, but then snatched him back for a fierce hug, hiding her face in his cloak. Auron's face hardened as he absently returned the embrace, contemplating another marriage that would benefit others more than it would him.

Just get her to Spira, he thought. The rest, he'd have to worry about later.