Everything You Want Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nerd4music
nerd4music
1,624 Followers

Charlie nodded. "Yeah, he's a standup guy from what I've seen." "Heard anything about Stern lately?"

"Not much. He's doing about 3 years. Still squawking about getting lawyers involved about his broken nose. Roxie clipped him good. The boys and I still laugh about that one."

Angie grinned. "Well, my girl was always tough. She learned from the best."

"That she did."

Her whole body was warm now, but it had nothing to do with the cappuccino. The looks he gave her still made her brain shoot tingles all over her body.

"How's the love life, Charles?" she asked, trying to keep her voice casual.

"Can't complain, although all my exes will. Work keeps me busy, so having some sort of concrete relationship is kind of difficult." He held her gaze. "My mother always said no other girl ever came close to you."

Shaking his head, he stood up. "Well, we have officially been sitting here for over two hours. Do you want me to drop you at your house?"

"Yeah that would be nice." Shrugging on her jacket, her mind was still reeling with his words. What exactly was all this supposed to mean, she thought.

She waited on the corner of the block while Charlie retrieved his car from the precinct parking garage. She smiled as he pulled up in a sleek black Lexus. When he got out and jogged to the other side to open the car door for her, she laughed. "Mercado, you are so smooth," she said, easing into the warm interior of the car. The supple camel-colored leather caressed her body.

Charlie laughed. "Don't you forget that, girl." Closing the door behind her, he got in on his side. After giving him directions to her place, she settled back and enjoyed the smoothness of the car.

"Charlie I know you aren't thinking about taking this nice ass car to your grandma's house. As I recall she still lives in the Bronx, right?"

"You mean that house in Parkchester? No. She moved to Yorktown Heights, just outside the city. She lives with my cousin Donnie and his family."

"Oh, well nice to see you've kept me informed."

"Nice to see you're still a bossy pain in the ass, too."

"Yeah well some things never change." Turning to her, his grey eyes darkened. "I hope not."

************************

"Angie, when did you move in?" Charlie looked around at the sparse décor in the apartment. With the exception of a comfortable leather sofa and two plushy leather club chairs, the living room didn't offer much furniture. There was a spectacular 52-inch plasma screen television mounted on the wall, but not much else.

"Why the hell does everyone always ask that?"

"Because it looks like a cheap frat house."

Angie laughed. "I'll decorate sometime soon."

Taking off her coat, she led him to the living room, sitting on the couch.

"Charlie, I need to know something."

"Sure," he said, placing his coat on the arm of the sofa. "What's up?"

"Seriously, why are you here? Not that I don't enjoy seeing you. It's just since you left almost eight years ago, you never bothered to come back until now."

Charlie stared at her. She shivered slightly although the heat was on. There was always something about his gaze that made her do that. She never could tell what he was thinking. When they were dating it unnerved and thrilled her at the same time.

"I'm going to be honest. I can't stop thinking about you, Ange. After seeing your sister in L.A. and helping her and Dex out, I realized how much I've missed you." He hands covered hers and Angie felt her heartbeat quicken.

"You were my first love, Angela. You were my first. We have a history together. I know things can't be the way they were in high school, but I want us to give it another go-around."

Angela was stunned. This wasn't what she was expecting. "Charlie, I..."

He put up a hand to silence her. "You don't have to say anything right now. I don't even know if there's another man in your life right now. To be honest I don't care. I just want this." He leaned in close, his lips nearly touching hers. "I want us," he whispered, covering her mouth with his own.

Angie felt her mind turn to mush as her body succumbed to his kiss. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she gave herself over to him.

************************

Connor flipped through the television channels at breakneck speed. He wasn't looking for anything in particular. The television was background noise.

He needed something to take his mind off what it was concocting. Right now it was lewd fantasies of Charlie and Angie together and it was enough to make him sick.

He threw the remote down angrily, nearly smashing the thing into pieces.

Fucking Mercado. Had to come back, with his swooping words and gestures. Connor couldn't blame him. If he had lost Angie, he'd fight hell and all her minions to get her back.

But seeing as how he never had her to begin with, hating Charlie for trying to ruin his chances seemed like the best option.

Connor was still brooding when a small but powerful knock boomed on the door. Grudgingly, he rose from the couch to answer. He was about to tell whoever it was to go fuck themselves, when he saw the person on the other end.

"Hey Jess," he said gloomily.

Jessica Flanagan smiled. "Hey yourself, cousin. What's wrong, expecting someone else?" She pushed past him into the apartment.

Connor groaned. Not now, he thought. "No, Jess I wasn't but I really want to be alone right now."

Jess grinned. "No can do, cuz. Your mother sent me over here with a pot of beef stew because she's convinced that you're starving yourself."

He noticed the large brown paper shopping bag in her clutches. "What else is in there?"

Jess shrugged. "A bunch of other foodly items she thought you'd like. Now be a good boy, take my coat and I'll show you what I've brought."

Connor smiled in spite of his dour mood. He could always count on Jessica to cheer him up. She was his mother's sister's only girl, the Irish Rose amidst in the sea of chaos that was her house. She was the baby girl with three older brothers. Jimmy, Timo, Mikey, and Connor watched out for her since the day puberty hit.

He admired her beauty as she took off her forest green tweed pea coat and matching tweed hat and gloves. Her thick green sweater was the color of Ireland and matched her fiery red hair which fell in loose waves down to the middle of her back. Green eyes completed her look and a sprinkling of freckles she owned since birth dotted her nose.

"Jess who are you dressed up for?" he asked, noticing the form-fitting sweater and grey denim jeans.

"Not for you, punk" she said. "I was having dinner with my folks and yours when they ambushed me."

Connor laughed as they went into the kitchen. "Ahh, so who was it this time?" Since turning twenty-four this past summer, it seemed all the family wanted to do was marry Jess off before what they called "old maid-hood" settled in.

"You remember Patrick Maguire, right?" she placed the brown bag on the countertop and began pulling out various items.

"Yeah, that kid we grew up with. He was such a jerk-off."

"He still is," she replied. "I don't know what the hell is wrong with our family. You, Mikey, and Timo are still single and they don't give you guys crap about it."

"Don't remind me about being single," he said.

"Well maybe you'd have some prospects if you cleaned up once in awhile. You look like hell, Vinny" she said, using the nickname she gave him all those years ago.

"It's been a long day, Jess."

"Really? Well, your dad sent you something that might make it all better." She reached into the bag and pulled out a large bottle of Irish whiskey. "Ta-da!" she exclaimed.

Connor smiled. It wasn't her fault he was in such a bad mood.

She served them both hot, steaming bowls of Mrs. Gavin's thick beef stew. Connor felt his mood changing with every sip.

"Jess, have you heard from Roxie yet?" he asked.

"Actually I have," she replied, taking a sip of red wine. "She's back stateside, just got in last night. She's supposed to be coming out for Christmas."

"That's awesome. I know you and the girls will be glad to see her."

"Yeah, we will. Now why don't you tell me what's bothering you?"

"Jess," he started.

"Vinny, you were always so secretive. Sometimes you gotta let people in, you know?" Connor sighed. It was no use keeping it all in. "Charlie Mercado is back in town."

Jess was silent for a minute as she drained her wine glass. Holding the glass up to the light, she sighed. "Hell, it might be time for the whiskey."

She rose from the table, taking the empty soup bowls with her, returning with the whiskey and two shot glasses. Setting down the glasses, she poured to the brim for each.

"So, where does this leave you and Ange?"

"What do you mean?"

Jess shot him a 'no bullshit' look. "Vinny," she started.

"God Jess, what do you want me to say? That I love her? That I can't stop thinking about her? That all I want to do is be near her?" He felt his chest constrict and he reached for the shot and downed the whiskey clean.

Jess smiled knowingly at him. "Well, that would be a start." She offered the other glass to him, which he quickly drank.

"Jess, what am I supposed to do? I can't say all these things without looking like an ass."

"Vinny what are you afraid of?"

Connor sighed. He took a large swig from the bottle. "I don't want to hurt her. I don't want things to be awkward. But most of all, I'm just afraid that she won't feel the same way as I do."

"Vinny, I understand all that. But you can't possibly know what's going to happen unless you man up and make a damn move."

"Maybe it's too late. Charlie's back now. She's supposed to be with him, I guess."

"Oh come on, Gavin," Jess snorted. "Stop being a fucking pussy and do the damn thing."

Connor was bolted out of his funk by her words. He turned to look at his cousin with something akin to admiration. Jess never cursed, unless she was extremely drunk or extremely irritated. She hadn't touched the whiskey at all.

He laughed. "Damn, I think that's what I needed."

She smiled. "I know." Rising, she grabbed her coat from one of the hooks by the door. "Now, I have to go meet Nina and Carrie downtown. We've got tickets to see Wicked on Broadway." She shrugged on her coat and kissed his cheek.

"I'll tell your Ma you say hello." Opening the door, she turned back around, smiling. "See to it that whiskey gets put to good use."

************************

Angie was reluctant to see Charlie go, but he had dinner plans with his family. She knew that he was just as hesitant to leave her.

She sighed as she remembered the taste of him on her lips. It went no further than a heavy make-out session on her leather sofa, but she knew that he was hoping for more.

It didn't surprise her that she opted to stop. No, what bothered her was the reason.

She couldn't stop thinking about Connor.

She saw his face when she walked back into the coffee shop to join Charlie. He looked confused and a little jealous, but that was the norm. No, what was bothering her was something else.

He had looked so lonely, like he lost the most important thing to him.

She tried to shake it off, but the feeling wouldn't budge.

Angie was jarred from her thoughts by the sound of the telephone.

"Hello?"

"Is that my gorgeous big sister I hear?"

"Kiddo!"

"That's Mrs. Kiddo to you."

Angie laughed. "So it seems. How was it Down Under?"

"Oh, it was beyond fabulous. Australia was nice too."

"Ah, I see we've gotten sassy on our honeymoon."

"What can I say, my husband is quite insatiable."

"That might have been TMI, Rox."

"Listen, you wanted to know. Anyway, I talked to The Parents already, but I wanted to drop you a line. How's everyone?"

"Everyone's good. Charlie's in town."

Roxie paused. "Really? Well, how's Connor taking it?"

Angie snorted. "Why would Connor have to take it any kind of way?"

"You know why, Ange."

Angie felt her heart throb. "Roxie, you've been saying that shit for years..."

"...and I'll keep saying it. Talk to him, Angie. You know he's not the type to admit to anything. Remember when you guys were thirteen and went hiking and he fell down that incline? He didn't let anyone know his arm was broken until you were in the car halfway back to the house."

They laughed. "It's not my fault he's an idiot, Rox."

"Yeah, but that doesn't change the present situation either. Although the addition of Charlie makes it a helluva lot more interesting. Christmas is going to be quite the adventure."

"I can't believe I have to wait three weeks to see you."

"Yeah, I know it sucks. Dex says hey."

"I thought you'd be tying him up by now."

"How do you know I'm not doing it at this very moment?"

"Oh, eww. And on that note, I'm hanging up."

Roxie laughed. "Bye, big sister. Talk to Connor. You'll see."

"Bye, Kiddo."

Roxie hung up the phone and shook her head. She sat in the middle of the bed in her and Dex's room and stretched her arms above her head.

"Hello there, Mrs. Ryan." She glanced up and saw her husband emerging from the bathroom. His onyx hair was wet and slicked back from his shower. He was naked, save for the dark green towel wrapped around his waist.

"Hey yourself, handsome. Angie says hey."

"How's everything on East Coast going?" Dex sat down on the edge of the bed, his back facing her. Grabbing the bottle of lotion on the nightstand next to the bed, she squirted some in her hand and massaged it all over his broad back.

Working out the kinks on his shoulders, she said, "Not bad. Everyone misses us. Charlie is back in town for a visit."

Dex groaned. Her fingers were like magic. "So, gone to swoop Angie off her feet, has he?"

Roxie leaned down and kissed the nape of his neck. "Mmm, seems that way. I told her to talk to Connor."

Dex reached behind him and started to stroke her thigh. "It's about time. Those two really need to get together already."

Turning to his wife, he admired her beauty. She was naked, the black bed sheet wrapped around her brown body. Standing up, he removed the towel from around his waist, his arousal obvious.

Roxie licked her lips. It had been nearly four months and she still couldn't get enough of him. "Do you have to go on set tomorrow?" she asked, her eyes never leaving his erection. She slid to the top of the bed, resting her back on the pillows. Sliding the sheet down, she exposed her mocha-hued beauty to him.

"Not until four," he managed to gasp out. Dex crawled up the bed, coming to rest between her thighs. His mouth covered hers and they both groaned softly. "I love you," he growled.

"Do you?" she teased.

"Of course."

"Good." She lifted her hips to meet his, connecting their bodies and making both of them gasp. Grabbing his ass, she pushed him in deeper.

"Now show your Kitten just how much you love her."

************************

Angie rapped softly on the door of Connor's apartment. She could hear faint sounds coming from the other side, but nothing more.

Grabbing the door handle, she turned it and was surprised that the door was unlocked. Connor never did that. Instinctively her hand went to her side as if to reach for her gun. She realized her off-duty weapon wasn't there. Calm down, Hartley she thought. He probably did just forget to lock it.

Opening the door, she wandered in silently. The sound wasn't coming from the television, but rather the stereo system.

Walking into the living room, she found Connor lying on the floor. His eyes were closed, his fingers clasped behind his head.

Kneeling down, she touched him. "Conny, are you alright?"

Connor's eyes flew open. Angie noticed that they were bloodshot. "Ange? What are you doing here?" She wrinkled her nose. He smelled like straight booze and he was slurring slightly.

"We were supposed to hang out together. Are you drunk?"

He smiled lazily. "Yep. And on a Thursday, too. I haven't done this in years."

She grinned, in spite of his stupidity. Drunk Connor rarely made appearances, but when he did, it was always exciting.

"And what, pray tell, were we imbibing tonight?"

Connor struggled to sit up, settling for propping himself unsteadily on his elbows. "Whiskey, of course. What else?"

He turned to the stereo. "How the hell did I get on the floor?"

"Dunno. That's where I found you." She rose, offering him a hand up. He came up easily, stumbling only a little. He wrapped his arms around her waist in an attempt to steady himself.

"Whoa," he said softly. "Sorry Ange."

"It's okay, Connor."

"No, not just that. I mean for everything. I'm sorry for being such a dumbass. It comes natural."

Angie smiled. "I know. It's one of your most endearing qualities. I have to say, this side of you is so rare to see."

"Yeah, I don't like you to see me like this."

"I do. Not the falling down drunk part, but I like you vulnerable. You're always so reserved. Lets me know you're still feeling."

Angie noticed that he still had his arms wrapped around her waist, and he was stroking the middle of her back softly. She wasn't going to admit it, but his movements were spreading a fire line down to the apex of her thighs.

Connor began to sway involuntarily when the song changed. "Hey, I remember this one," he said quietly. The sounds of the acoustic version of "Everlong" filled the room.

"Do you remember when I played this for you?" he asked.

"Yeah," she said, drawing closer to his chest. She enjoyed the feel of her 5'6 frame being dwarfed by his 6'3 bulk. He was so strong.

"You know, that summer when you left, it was so hard for me."

"I know." Her arm went out to prevent him from falling. "Okay, cowboy. It's time for you to hit the hay." She used the remote to power down the stereo.

Placing his arm around her shoulder, she helped him walk down the hallway to his bedroom. Sitting him on the bed, Angie looked around the room. As much as Connor was over at her apartment, she'd only been to his maybe a half dozen times and almost never went into his room.

It was decidedly masculine, with dark woods and rich colors. The walls were painted a deep navy blue and matched the navy and celery-colored bedspread on the large sleigh bed.

Connor swayed dangerously on the bed, falling back softly. Angie smiled. He could normally handle his alcohol pretty well. "Conny how much did you drink?"

"Dunno. Maybe's there's a corner left," he slurred. His eyes were closed.

She removed his shoes. Sitting next to him on the bed, she unzipped his jeans and slid them down, tossing them aside. Lifting his torso up, she took off his t-shirt.

Angie admired his body for the briefest of moments. He wasn't ridiculously ripped, which was good. He had a swimmer's build and the beginnings of abs, but not that much.

Unconsciously, Angie traced the outline of his appendix scar and heard his slight intake of breath. She stopped when she heard the soft whisper of her name.

Clad only in his boxers, she laid his head on the pillows and covered him with his blankets.

Turning off the lights, she was about to leave when she heard his voice cut through the darkness.

"I wish you knew."

She turned around. "What?" she asked.

He was quiet for a minute or two. Angie was sure she had imagined it when he spoke again.

"How much I love you."

"I know, Conny. I love you too."

"No," he said. She could hear him moving, like he was turning on his side.

"Not that kind. I mean real love. I think about it all the time. What it would be like if you loved me like that. How you'd look at me. How it'd feel being inside you, waking up next to you every morning knowing that you were in love with me. Ever since that day you left for college I've been addicted to you. Kissing your lips that night, I fell hook, line, and sinker. This is why I wish you knew. So saying all this wouldn't be so awkward for me. But I can't help it. I love you, Ange. You're my chuisle."

nerd4music
nerd4music
1,624 Followers