Evil Benni Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They were in their Sunday best but would look rather out of place at the golf club. Bess worked on Gladys, who stubbornly refused to have a new dress bought for her whereas Ross had said yep, providing the new suit was free; he was aware he should have replaced his suit years ago.

Bess knew she was beaten – they'd stop and get Ross into a new suit and perhaps people wouldn't notice Gladys – yeah not notice a six foot woman built like a barrel? Oh dear.

The words just slipped out: "Benni will be disappointed."

"What? Benni wants us dress in new clothes?"

"Yes Gladys, he does – he really does."

"He's paying for the clothes, not your motor shop?"

"Yes Gladys," sighed Bess. She hated lying.

"Right then, a new dress it is if they can find one that fits."

Bess knew not to go to the mall, which caters mainly for the young and the fashionable – slender fashionable. She went down MainStreet to 'Smithers and Son, outfitters to the nation.'

The shop was just closing. Bess pressed to toot the horn but the blasted thing was wired to an air horn. She saw old Mr Smithers who was closing the door jump a foot into the air.

Old Mr Smithers took one look at Gladys and then looked at Ross through narrowed eyes. The suit he chose for Ross fitted almost perfectly – actually a little room for growth. The dress for Gladys, however, wouldn't quite go.

"You'll have to buy a corset."

"I don't wear corsets, never have, and never will. What folk see is me – all of me, and I don't want my insides squashed as I might yet have another baby."

"Huh?" went Ross is astonishment.

"Do you wear a corset, young lady?" asked Old Mr Smither.

"Only when wearing a ball gown when I wish to look young and sleek."

"Is that the truth, Bess?" challenged Gladys, who was surprised how rapidly Bess moved over to feel the texture of Ross's suit.

"Well, you better wrap me up in one of those confounded things. I've no idea of how to do it."

"Madam, I'm a man."

"I can see that – I suppose your female staff have gone. Just do it, otherwise you'll be making us late to be with our son."

"Very well, madam, I'll try not to look. I can't see why the young lady can't help you."

"Because she's never been near a corset in her life – with a body like that why would she need to?"

"Exactly madam; well said I should think. A beautiful body."

"Listen buster, watch your mouth. That lady is going to become my daughter-in-law."

"Yes, madam, let us remove these top clothes of yours."

"All right, but just watch where your hands are going. One slip and it's goodnight nurse for you."

"Of course, madam. What else could I rightfully expect?"

They were the last to arrive.

"Hi Benni," said his mother, trying to sound very modern.

"Are you okay mom, you've lost weight?"

"Just for tonight, dear. Now introduce me to the big boss and his filly."

"His wife, mom. They've been married for years and are Bess's parents.

The introductions were made. Barron greeted Ross warmly, as they knew each other from Tuesday night snooker. Barron then made the mistake of giving Gladys a hearty handshake but received back a power grip that made his eyes water.

Marlene trembled as she placed her dainty hand into the Ross's huge paw and was amazed how delicate the handshake was.

"Omigawd, omigawd," boomed the voice of Gladys as she was introduced to Bert Wheeler. "Albert Wheeler, one of the greatest sporting heroes of this region."

Everyone in the clubhouse stood and clapped.

Bert acknowledged the attention gracefully and said loudly, "Gladys was my greatest fan."

She received a handclap and looked ever so pleased.

An hour later when everyone in the party was seated in the dinning room Barron made the simple announcement: "Ladies and gentlemen, we are here tonight as guests of the company to celebrate the appointment this afternoon of Benni James as deputy sales manager, brackets, non-commercial – a new position in this company. Congratulations Benni."

Everyone clapped and Barron then invited the deputy-chairman of the company to say a few words.

Kevin Saunders delivered a witty speech, explaining how earlier that day he'd been convinced by Benni that he needed to upgrade his car.

He recited the story poker-faced, added exactly how he felt coming under pressure yet it didn't seem like pressure.

People were still laughing when Kevin finished. He called for order.

"Benni is becoming a stockholder in the company. At a brief meeting of directors a few minutes ago it was agreed that Benni be appointed a director of the company, filling the vacancy caused by the recently resignation of Dr Lewis who has left the country to live in Hawaii."

Benni, his parents and Bess along with most present, sat with their mouths open momentarily.

"You're going up in the world son," boomed his mother proudly.

"Speech, speech," the gathering chanted and Barron called on him to say a few words.

"Barron my confidante, your lovely wife Marlene, endearing daughter Bess, the dark horse Kevin Saunders who you all should know is always in the market for a new car (laughter), my tough but loveable mom and my steadfast dad – that takes care of the brass, so thanks everyone for being here to enjoy this moment with me. I'll not let you down.

"I had no idea of the directorship and suppose I must accept it, so I guess the champagne is on me. Could you please organize it Bess while I give my thanks personally to your mom and dad and Kevin. Thank you."

Kevin stood, flicking at his eyes, as the assembly sang 'For He's A Jolly Good Fellow'.

Five hours later, when in bed with Bess, he lay slumped with an arm over his eyes.

"I can't believe this, Bess. It's never happened to me before. I always get a stiffy including when I don't want it to show."

"Hush, darling – wait till the morning. You've had an awfully big day with a hugely emotional ending this evening. It's all been a little too much for you. Evil Benni indeed; you are my little angel."

Benni managed a grin: "Thank goodness you said angel. For a moment I thought you were going to say bunny."

TO BE CONTINUED...

12