Evil Bitch Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,792 Followers

"Excuse me for a moment gentlemen," I said turning to face her. "I hate to interrupt so rudely."

"Oh your Grace," the woman said and lowered her head slightly, rank did have its privileges. "You are not intruding at all. You have an interesting in Mr. Sterling?"

"If it is the same Roger Sterling I am thinking of. American. Violet Eyes. Archaeologist?"

"Yes," she said with an upward lilt in her voice. "Are you here to see his latest discovery?"

"Discovery," I said raising an eyebrow. "Where did he make this amazing find?"

"He is keeping that very hush-hush, but he is displaying his artifacts here aboard this very train! Isn't that wonderful?"

"I can't find the words to describe my emotions dear lady," I said as I bent to kiss her hand. "Thank you for you kindness."

She blushed like a schoolgirl as I turned to leave and cursed under my breath. Bloody hell isn't one catastrophe enough for one man in his lifetime?

'Umbra, find my Roger Sterling's car on this train. Storm, get ready for combat! If he is responsible for a single death I swear I will rip his soul from his body!'

I was striding through the corridors of the train and anyone who saw me took one look and got the hell out of my way. I was knocking on the door marked with the royal seal and William answered the door.

"Jon what brings you here," he asked.

"Where the hell is he," I asked in a not so nice tone.

"Where is who Jon," Kate spoke up.

"Sterling, Roger Sterling," I said in a voice just shy of a snarl.

"He is in the next car but..." William started but I was already pushing passed him. "Now see here he is under protection of the Crown!"

"No he isn't," I said glancing over my shoulder. "If you care for that beautiful young lady over there you will walk away and turn a blind eye to what comes next William."

"Why Jon, just tell me why."

"Fair enough," I said and stopped. "If I am correct, he has brought something on board that makes a nuclear warhead look like a pipe bomb. It was buried a very long time ago for a damn good reason. Some things are better left alone. There are believe or not forces men and gods cannot control, this happens to be one of them."

"How do you know so much about it," Kate asked.

"I am the Sublime Master," I told her without blinking. "Ancient Sciences and Magics are my specialty. Most of them are bull shit but a few like this one are very real and very dangerous. They not only endanger the people on this train but those outside of it as well. So what say you William?"

He looked at me and then at Kate and I could feel him weighing the matter. There was duty to the Crown and then there was the very near and very dear duty to the woman he cared about.

"Kate I believe we have a previous appointment. Jon I hope you are wrong, dead wrong."

"For what it is worth, me too," I said.

I turned to face the next door. I took a few steps and reached out for the door knob. I turned it slowly not knowing what was on the other side. I pushed open the door and slid into the darkened room beyond. My eyes instantly adjusted and my noise was assaulted by the stench of stale sweat and alcohol. I could hear the regular sound of breathing, Roger Sterling was asleep! I flicked on the light and saw him in all his drunken glory passed out at his work table. A puddle of drool pooled around his cheek gluing it to the wooden surface of the desktop. His clothing was wrinkled and in a word he was a total wreck.

I reached out to see if I could sense any artifact activity and felt nothing. Thank God! He had not opened whatever it was that he had unearthed yet. Perhaps he was waiting to do that at the grand display on the train. I pulled up a chair opposite him and watched him sleep. It was a troubled and fitful thing to observe. No wonder the man drank. I imagined it had to do with that disaster in South Africa. If I remembered right forty five lives were snuffed out in an instant one of those being the love of his life. What a waste of human life. I slammed my fist down on the table.

"Roger!"

"WHAT! FUCKING WHAT!"

"Good you're awake, now we can have a little chat."

Roger looked over at me and blinked, yawned and then stood up. Ignoring me for the moment he poured himself three glasses of water and drank them back to back. Only then did he turn to me. He looked me over trying to figure me out I assumed. He returned to his chair, sat down and leaned close.

"I am guess since you are here that William or Henry let you in so you must be someone of great importance. You are either here to kill me or to take my find from me or perhaps both. So am I right?"

"You are partially correct," I told him. "I am here to remove your find from you if it is what I suspect it is. If it is something else entirely you may keep it and I will leave you in peace. Does the artifact you possess bear the markings of a hand or an eye?"

The look of shock on Roger's face was clear and evident.

"How could you possibly know?"

"That is not important but this is. Have you disturbed the artifact in any way?"

"No, they need to be confirmed by an independent authority. There are two of them by the way."

"Ah, so the other has the mark of the hand on it," I said.

"Yes it does! I don't know how you know but I suspect they are dangerous, like South Africa."

"Much worse than South Africa," I told him. "But in return for the two artifacts you now possess I will give you something that will make you wealthy and world famous."

"Really, what would that be," he asked his eyes narrowing.

"Why don't you take a nice long shower, make yourself presentable and meet me in William's car. Then we can go to my room. There I will show you what I have to offer. If you want to bring someone else feel free but only one other, for obvious reasons."

"I agree, I will be out shortly."

"Take your time Roger, you need it," I told him.

"Funny," he replied.

I left the room and found William and Kate still in their room.

"He is still alive. He does have the artifacts I feared he has. I am going to take possession of them. In return I will give him something else for him to display for the public."

"That is very kind of you," Kate said.

"Yes it is," William said suspiciously. "Why?"

"He lost the woman he loved in South Africa. The poor guy deserves a break, don't you think?"

"I suppose," William said. "As long as the danger has been removed, that is all I care about."

"I promise I will take care of it. But I do need a volunteer. I am trading Roger two for one but he needs someone he trusts to come with him back to my car. Do I have any volunteers," I asked.

William and Kate looked at each other.

"He might feel more comfortable with a woman," Kate offered.

"He might at that," William said. "This other item is safe right?"

"Oh yes perfectly."

"So to change the subject, when do you think this new weapon system will be available for full production," William asked with a wicked grin on his face.

"You mean the Gauss Rifle," I said.

"Uh huh," he said.

"What's a Gauss Rifle," Kate asked.

"Instead of using gun powder to propel a projectile it uses electromagnetism," I said.

"You mean magnets," she said.

"Yep."

The door opened and a freshly groomed Roger Sterling stepped out. He handed me a heavy duty tool box.

"They are in there. If they trust you I don't see why I shouldn't," Roger said.

I took the box from him and shook his hand.

"You won't be sorry. Kate has volunteered to accompany us if you want."

"That would be nice," he said and then turned to her. "If you are sure?"

"It would be my honor."

"Okay let's go," Roger said.

"This won't take long. I'll have her home before midnight dad," I said to William and he just smiled.

"Just don't do anything I wouldn't do."

Kate took Robert's arm and followed me out of the car. I led them to my car with barely a glance back. I am sure Kate understood. There was no reason to pass on any hint of anything between the two of us. I could hear small talk behind me. I guessed they were speaking about his travels and his various digs. He was a well-known archaeologist after all. Well infamous was closer to the mark after the dig in South Africa. But he could hardly be blamed considering the conditions he was working on. There were several prominent governments involved as well as a diamond cartel that owned the land. The secrecy and security was equal to that of any black op mission or the movement of the President of the United States. So was it any surprise that it ended in disaster?

We arrived at my car and I knocked a few times just to give everyone inside a heads up.

"Is everyone decent," I asked.

"Is that a rhetorical question or do you have company," my mom replied.

"I have company."

"We are all dressed come on in," Carol said.

I opened the door slowly and peered in just to make sure. When I saw that they were indeed dressed I stepped aside and let Kate and Roger in.

"Oh that is so Jon," Colleen said. "You didn't believe us! My feelings are so hurt!"

"Cut it out you are not," I said. "Everyone this is Kate and Roger. Kate and Roger this is my mother, my twin sisters Carol and Colleen."

"Sisters," Kate exclaimed. "I wasn't aware they were your siblings."

"Surprise," Colleen said. "I believe we've already shaken hands."

"Yes after a fashion," Kate said with a wicked smile.

Roger was staring at my mom and blinking.

"Surely this gorgeous young thing isn't your mother," he said.

"Ooh isn't he the flatterer," mom replied biting her lip.

"Later mother he and I have business to conduct."

"Well conduct away," she said. "We have girl talk to exchange, now off with you."

I lead Roger into what passed as my private study and closed the door behind us.

"Have a seat," I told him. "I would offer you a drink but I think you've had quite enough for now. How about a bottle of water?"

"Yes, thank you," he replied.

I handed him a chilled bottle of water and settled into my seat. Then I put the tool box onto the surface of my work bench. I opened it up and looked at the contents. Much to my surprise there were three items in the box. Two of them I expected the third was a bit of a surprise.

"So you managed to hold onto the disc from South Africa," I said.

"It wasn't easy but I managed to convince them I was the only one who could possibly decipher the characters on it."

"Excellent bluff," I said. "Have you made any progress?"

"No it is completely alien," he said his shoulders slumping.

I looked at the other two artifacts and shivered. They were what I feared them to be. I took out the disc and closed the box. I got up and went to a steamer trunk set on the back wall of the room. I knelt down, lifted the lid and fumbled around for a little while until I found what I was looking for. I closed the lid, stood up and walked over holding a largish wooden cube. I pushed the tool box to the side and set the cube down between us. Then I sat down and leaned back in my comfy chair.

"Open it Roger," I said.

"Okay," he said as he pulled the cube closer to his side of the desk.

He found the metal latch and lifted it up. Then he lifted up the top of the cube. His face was illuminated by a clean clear blue light from the object inside. Roger reached inside and raised up the crystalline pyramid. The radiance came from the very heart of the thing.

"What, what is it," Roger asked his voice stammering.

"That my dear man is cold fusion," I said.

"No really what is it," he said.

"The object you are holding in your hand is an ancient relic that dates back to the time of Ramses II. The hieroglyphs on its surface will prove that along with the other artifacts found along with it. The carbon dating proves it without a shadow of a doubt."

"Wait, you are saying the ancient Egyptians had cold fusion? What other artifacts were found? Where were they found? What testing was done?"

I held up my hand and he grew silent. I pulled open one of the drawers to my desk and retrieved the necessary documentation. I passed it to him and let him review it. His eyes darted over the photos of the other items and his mouth hung open for quite a long time. Finally he looked up at me and he had that 'what is that going to cost me look'.

"You are right to be skeptical, I do need your professional help on a pet project of mine."

"What kind of project," he asked.

"A translation project," I said.

"What makes you think I can be of any help on the matter? I haven't been able to make any headway on the disc."

"I can give you resources that you don't have access to and you have a unique way of looking at things."

He turned to pyramid in his hands staring at it.

"What do you want me to do with this thing?"

"I want you to start your own company; providing cheap and inexpensive energy worldwide."

"I see," Roger said. "What makes you think I will live long enough to see it through?"

"You will be under my protection. It is time to break the hold that oil has on the world. It's either that or leak the plans to the internet and see what happens."

"You would do that?"

"In a heartbeat," I said. "I have no love for the way the world is run at the moment. A little shake up would be a very good thing. So it's up to you."

"So how much will this translation gig pay?"

"Hehe," I laughed. "I see where this is going. I can guarantee you a six figure salary for oh say the next ten years or so."

"You sir have a deal. Let me make my presentation in Berlin for my find then we let ér rip."

"I like your style Roger."

I picked up the disc absently and looked at the configuration of the settings. Then turned it over in my hands and examined it carefully.

"Who put this together," I asked.

"Why I did."

"Ah," I said as I began to disassemble it.

Roger stared on in disbelief. Soon the incredibly ancient device once more lay scattered in its skeletal remains. I looked at the power source and saw that it was functioning properly. Then piece by piece the relic was reassembled but this time in the proper pattern. The device hummed softly and I set it down on the desk top.

"Before you ask it doesn't matter. What does matter is that there appears to be a single person caught up in the dimensional buffer."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"It means the last person to be drawn into the device may still be alive."

"What about the others?"

"There is nothing that can be done for them I am afraid. Do you want me to attempt to retrieve that survivor?"

"Yes for god's sake YES!"

It must be her. His reaction is so strong. Well here goes no nothing. I pressed the recall sequence and crossed my fingers. The device grew quiet at first then a vibration aside from the steady motion of the train took hold of the room and a keening wail sounded. The noise was dim as if it came from very far away but quickly grew to a long loud scream. Lastly there came a gust of wind that blew through the room and as if by magic I was looking up between the cutest pair of legs I had ever seen. She was facing away from me and damn what an ass she had on her. The next thing I know she is falling backwards and I catch her before she hits the floor.

The door flies open and the girls pile in and even as Roger wisely puts away the glowing pyramid all eyes are on me and the naked girl in my arms. My mother strides forward, followed closely by the twins and Kate.

"Did you wish real hard or something," my mother asked.

"Or something," I said.

"She doesn't look so good," Carol said as she moved closer.

"Yeah I just noticed that. Is the table clear Roger?"

"Yep all clear. Is Akira going to be alright?"

"So you know this girl," my mom asked Roger.

"Yes, I thought she was lost but Jon found her somehow."

"That's our Jon..." Colleen said. "...our little miracle worker."

I laid Akira on the desk gently.

"Iyaden," I said and my medical avatar appeared instantly.

"Yes Jon what appears to be the emergency?"

"Please scan the patient thoroughly and get me a diagnosis as soon as you can."

"Of course sir, right away," she said.

The image of the long dead woman moved around the table slowly. She extended her hand over Akira's body and a soft violet light bathed her.

"What is that, who is she?" Kate asked.

"That is a medical hologram," I explained. "She is programed to scan for life threatening injuries or diseases."

"Oh," Kate said. "That is what Numenor created?"

"Yep, she is top of the line. Of course she is a prototype of my own design. But you get the idea."

"I didn't know you were a programmer Jon."

"I'm not but one of the guys in London is. I had some ideas and he did all the work. He deserves all the credit really."

"I have finished my diagnosis," Iyaden said. "Does the patient have any family available?"

"I am afraid not," Roger said. "Her father passed away two years ago."

"I am unsure how to proceed then," she said.

"Is the prognosis grim," I asked and she nodded. "Okay everyone but Roger please leave the room."

Everyone nodded and when the door closed behind my mom I turned to Roger.

"Do you love this woman Roger?"

"What the hell kind of question is that?"

"I have to know. Would you die for her?"

"In a heartbeat," he said and his conviction was clear.

"Jon, are you sure about this," Iyaden said turning to face me.

"Before we do this I want a complete scan down to the molecular level. I want to make sure there is no sign of contamination. You understand?"

"Yes Jon," Iyaden said with a grim smile.

"What are you going to do," Roger asked.

"I am going to work a miracle."

We converted my study into another bedroom for Akira. She was too weak to move and it was too awkward to move her from one end of the train to the other right now. I left her and Roger together so I could play bartender. I changed into the white tux jacket my mother had set out. My mother accompanied me to the dining car wearing a stunning black velvet dress.

The bar was well stocked and it only took a few minutes to get myself familiar with its layout. Soon I was mixing drinks and making small talk with all the people I had met the night before. As we entered France I was juggling liquor bottles and pouring specialty drinks of my own creation. I took a piss break at ten p.m. and checked up on Akira. She was looking much better considering it had only been a few hours into her treatment. Roger had never left her side.

"Take a break old man," I said giving his a slap on the back.

"I could use a bathroom break," he said.

"Go, I will keep an eye on her."

Her eyes opened and she looked at me and smiled.

"You saw me naked," she said.

"Yes I did," I said with a smile.

"Well I am glad we got that over with," she said and laughed. "Now we can get down to the serious business I suppose."

"You are a bright young lady," I told her.

"I don't get that very often. My father wanted me to be a dancer and learn the traditional ways."

"What did your mother want?"

"I never learned that, she died when I was very young."

"What do you think she would have wanted?"

"From the letters my father showed me, she was a fiercely independent woman. I want to be that kind of person. But I also want to be a loyal and loving partner."

"No reason you can't have both with the right person," I said.

"I believe you are right. Go ahead ask me."

"Alright, Akira what do you remember?"

"It happened so fast... Roger activated the disc and the air came apart. It was like all hell broke loose. Then there was this pull and no matter where you were... they were all dragged into the rift! I was the last. Robert tried to hold onto me but the force was too much for him."

"What happened next?"

Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,792 Followers