Exploring Anita Pt. 01

Story Info
Office Romance & lusty colleagues for erotic fun.
9.9k words
4.47
16.6k
11

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 03/24/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I would like to thank Kimberly, my VE for her apt editing; without her help my story would not have seen light of the day.

*****

Chapter One

The first meetings

While walking through a not-so-busy street in the semi-darkness of evening, Anita wrapped herself tighter in her sari as cold gusts from the hills made her shiver. She grew up in small town located in the foothills of the Himalayas, in a peaceful hamlet, where the weather is cold throughout the year. The change in weather can be felt in early October at the onset of winter. As they walked together on their way back home, Anita was feeling unnerved by the odd silence and wry smile that lingered on Ushadi's face.

Last night, she could not sleep much and today, at the office, she tried to look normal. She tried to act spontaneous by clearing office files, talking to others and smiling, while remaining cautious and careful to watch for anyone who might have noticed that something was amiss.

The people of this town came from different parts of the country, searching for jobs or for business and brought along with them different languages, customs and cultures; changing to its present cosmopolitan character, in the last leg of eighties.

Ushadi is one of Anita's colleagues, forty-five or forty-six years, married and mom of a cute ten year old girl. The word, 'di' denotes elder sister. It is customary here to address a lady, elder by age and acquainted for some time, by putting 'di' after her name.

Anita met her about a year back, when she was a brand new employee. It was her first job, and at that time, she felt like a fish out of water. It was her first move from home, leaving behind family and friends from a small town to an unknown big town, where she would be working and living on her own.

Fortunately, on the very first day of her arrival into town, she found a room to rent with an attached bath and small kitchen. It was located in a good residential area, not far from office, on the ground floor of an L-shaped, two storied, roadside building. Anita's one room flat was in the front side of the plot. There was a big courtyard in front of the building, on right side of the entrance and in opposite to the courtyard, on left side of the entrance was her flat door. There was no floor on top of her flat and it was on the horizontal part of L. Three other tenants with their families and the landlord with his wife were living in the same building, but their flats were at the backside of the plot, on the vertical part of L.

Two tenants were on two ground floor flats and flats of the third tenant and the landlord were just above their flats on the first floor. It provided some seclusion in spite of living with so many in the same building. Rent was affordable and she did not have to think twice for taking the flat, as it was arranged by an acquaintance of her father.

It is not easy to get into a government job with thousands vying for the same position, especially with the competitive exam that is difficult to crack. She was studious and got the job within just a few months of graduation, but it was quite different from her college days. When she came to join the office, she did not know anyone in the town and tried to befriend her colleagues, but the responses were disheartening. The excitement of getting into her first job did not last long with the monotonous work, long hours and indifferent colleagues.

Her father accompanied her on the first day. She introduced herself to her colleagues but they did not show much interest. But Ushadi came to her, asking for her credentials, about her family and home. During her introduction, she interacted with her father and pacified him. He was worried to leave Anita alone in a new place but she told him not to worry and assured him she would take care of her. She did take care of her, talked to her, asked about her problems and in a few months, they were like the best of friends.

The other colleagues were mostly middle-aged men and few women. They knew that she got into the job straight from college, and was new in this town and living alone. Some of them had taken it as an opportunity, thinking of her as easy prey. When she tried to have little conversations they asked for dinner together or lift in a car and on her polite refusal, they started back-biting and turned rude. Repeated offensive incidents were wrecking her nerves, and at that time, Ushadi came to her support.

She knew them and suggested to Anita who to mingle with and whom to shun. She advised how to avoid some of those canny guys and Anita could adjust in the office atmosphere due to her guidance. In no time, Ushadi turned to be the only person, whom she could trust completely and became her close friend in spite of her seniority by age and service.

Ushadi was born and raised up in hills; she was the only woman from the hills who worked in the office. She came down to the plains to join the office when she was younger and single, like Anita. She fell for a colleague and got married but her husband was from the plains. Differences between hills people and plains people are plenty; languages they speak are different, clothes they wear are different, foods they eat are different. Men and women from the hills are different even by look. People from the hills have Mongolian features; like short height, whitish complexion, small eyes, and flat nose. People from the plains are tall and dark with sharp nose and wide eyes. Weather in the hills is cold throughout the year but in the plains it is very hot except, in the winter for four months. With such varied differences, even in fashions, custom and cultures; marriage between the two communities of hills and plains is very rare.

Maybe due to common origin and seniority by age, Ushadi treated her like a younger sister. She took it upon herself to protect and help her. Anita depended on her judgment about others and scrupulously followed her advices. Ushadi taught her new things, which were common in the plains, but uncommon in the hills.

Anita used to wear skirts and shirts or pants with tops, like her friends in the hills, but those dresses were not common in the plains. Women in the plains wear a sari or Kurta-Churidar. A sari is a six yard colorful drape, traditionally worn by women from the plains. Blouses and petticoats are to be worn underneath a sari. A petticoat is like a full length skirt and the blouse that is to be worn with a sari is different from the conventional blouse, worn with a skirt. The blouse for a sari is much shorter in length and it exposes the tummy. On the neck of the blouse, cuts are much deeper both in front and at the back and it results in showing wide cleavage and bare backs, unless covered properly with the pallu of a sari. The loose end of a sari is thrown over the chest and it is called pallu; for a new sari wearer, the pallu of a sari has to be safely pinned with the blouse on the shoulder. Unless it is pinned properly with a safety pin, it may drop, exposing the boobs in the blouse, which is considered inappropriate in the plains. Incidents of such pallu drops happen more when the sari material is slippery, like silk or chiffon.

Anita had never worn a sari in the past. She was eager to learn and try a sari but for a first timer like her, it could not be worn without assistance, consequently, Ushadi taught her how to wear a sari. They went together for sari shopping and in fact, her first sari was a gift from Ushadi. But for a naive like her, wearing and managing a sari all day long was very difficult for the initial few months.

Ushadi had taught her all the nitty-gritty of wearing a sari. She had also bought some Kurta-Churidar. It was another traditional set of women's wear, but much easier to wear and manage in comparison to a sari. Kurta is like a frilly top and a Churidar is like a loose leggings. In a few months, due to constant naggings and nudges from Ushadi, she stopped wearing skirts or pants and started wearing a sari or a Kurta-Churidar at office. She was always plump, after few months, her old skirt-pants did not fit and she conveniently switched over to a sari and or a Kurta-Churidar, discarding her old cloths.

She was feeling nervous for the whole day, since Ushadi had seen the writings on a small piece of paper. Paul, one of the colleagues had written and cleverly handed it over by keeping the piece of paper inside an office file on the previous day. Paul was young, maybe twenty-five years, senior to her by one year on the job and a local from the plains. He handed over the file and she took it, unsuspectingly, without knowing about the piece of paper, but it was meant for her. He might have thought that she would open the file then and there and see the writings but after taking the file from him, she left for the wash room, keeping the file on her desk.

The office room was big and was meant for mid-level executives, like her. Several sets of desks and chairs were placed face to face, in two parallel rows with an aisle in between. Visitors' chairs were placed in front of each staff desk. Ushadi's desk was next to Anita's, on the left, and Paul's desk was in the opposite row, at the far left.

She was in the washroom for maybe five to ten minutes and when she returned to her desk, she opened the file and found the piece of paper with an artistically handwritten note; you look sexy in a sari!

Upon reading the note, she looked at Paul and found him pretentiously reading something at his desk. Then she glanced left and found Ushadi busy with office files and with a sigh of relief, she presumed no one else had noticed the note.

Ushadi did warn her about Paul that he was a flirt with lots of girlfriends and he stared at women lustily. She told Anita that he stared at her frequently but she never found him staring at her. He was always courteous and decent.

But when she told that to Ushadi, she retorted, "Silly you! He stares when you're busy with the files. I'm sure he's trying to flirt with you. I've known him for long time."

Anita avoided him, considering her strong views. Though staring at someone could not be treated as an offence, but in a way, she thought, the piece of paper did confirm, how correct Ushadi was! But the note lingered in her head, it was an honest appreciation and instead of complaining, she should feel flattered but she did not want any trouble for him, and kept the piece of paper inside her purse.

Ushadi was stubborn about her views and Anita did not want to infuriate her. She thought to tell her about the piece of paper, on the way back home, but on the previous day, she left early. Ushadi did not tell her, nor did she notice when she left the office. She waited for her, not knowing about her early departure till 6:10 p.m.

Anita was walking alone and might have walked for five minutes, when she heard the sound of Paul's bike. He always roamed with his bike, a Royal Enfield, and with its distinct sound, she was sure that it was Paul, even without looking back. He came across and slowed down his bike.

"Hey, pretty, going home? Mind riding with me? I can drop you and you'll reach home early."

She replied with a smile, "Thanks for your offer, Paul, but I enjoy walking."

He looked disappointed. "Ok, as you like!" he said with a pause. "Since that oldie is not with you, thought you may like to ride!"

He was referring to Ushadi. He laughed loudly. It would not be wise to ride his bike, she thought, Ushadi may come to know and she would be angry.

She smiled again. "Thanks, Paul maybe some other day!"

He smiled, "OK, pretty, some other day, just let me know," he said before speeding off.

He was maybe five-ten or six feet, dark, and handsome and his dimple on left cheek made him cute. His dimple used to be more prominent when he smiled. He was jovial and mischievous like a child and it might be natural for women to fall for him. Anita liked him, since he was unpretentious, cheerful and what she came to know from Ushadi about his popularity among women, made him more attractive.

She saw him once with two young women, while she was roaming in shopping areas with Ushadi. She told her that one was his current and the other one was his ex- girlfriend. It was unbelievable, how he could be walking with his current and ex together. Ushadi might have been exaggerating or wrong, but they had a hearty laugh, wondering about his skill of managing two women at the same time.

Maybe she had walked for another five minutes and he crossed her again and stopped his bike. "Hey! Are you angry for my comment? You really look great in a sari! You do not want to ride my bike for that?"

Those are so typical about Paul and she laughed it off, "You are so silly! Thanks for your compliments and no, I am not angry with you. I have no problem with riding your bike but your girlfriends may get angry!"

His smile was discerning. "Do not worry; they are my problem, besides I do not have any steady girlfriend. Now get on my bike."

At least he was honest enough to admit that he had girlfriends. She thought for a while, unless someone, who knew her, did notice her on his bike and reported it to Ushadi; she would not come to know. She was not that known in the town and by riding his bike, she would not have to walk alone. She accepted his offer.

"Ok, thanks. I hope I do not cause you any problems."

It was a short ride since her place was not that far. On dropping her, he might have expected that she would invite him in, but she did not.

"Thanks, Paul. Good night and see you tomorrow."

He may be disappointed but left, waving his hand. She was about to go into her room, when the land lady called her to attend the phone.

There was no mobile phone in those days and she used to get call from her parents on the landlord's landline phone. Without unlocking the door to her room, she rushed upstairs thinking it would be a call from her parents.

"Hello!"

It was Ushadi at the other end.

"Have you seen what Paul wrote for you?"

Anita was in shocked silence for a moment but managed a feigned surprise, "No, what's it?"

The call got disconnected. How did she come to know about the note was her first thought and second, she thought that she had to tell her the truth. She would call her again. She decided to wait for the call in their drawing room and the landlady, whom she called 'Auntie', was in the room and asked her something, which she answered absent mindedly but even after waiting for five minutes, she did not call back. She had Ushadi's number, but she never used the landlord's phone for making calls. After chatting with Auntie for some time, she came down to her room, feeling awkward and guilty.

Ushadi cared for her so much, but she lied to her. She asked her to avoid Paul but she did not listen and accepted his offer for a lift on his bike. She never gave it a thought that Ushadi might have seen the piece of paper. But at the same time, there were resenting thoughts. Paul complimented her looks in a sari and it was not an offence. Maybe he was trying to flirt, but how did Ushadi came to know about the note and its contents? Neither Paul nor she shared anything about the note! Did she read the note before she did? It was not fair; she was making her defenses in her mind. Would Ushadi come to know that she rode on the seat of his bike? Her worries kept her up, prevented her from having any sleep last night.

Ushadi was walking with her on way back home. She did not ask her anything about the office, or about the note, or about Paul. Her silence was making Anita more nervous. She was thinking of ways to tell her the truth; that she had seen the note and she could not tell her that last night since the call got disconnected. But by then Ushadi stopped walking and looked at her with a wide smile.

"Hey, do you like Paul?"

She was perplexed to answer and shook her head, no. Blushing in the darkness, she wondered whether it was obvious to read on her face. Did Ushadi know that she dreamt of Paul last night?

Chapter Two

Knowing her better

I was never good with judging people, but that never prevented me from making big decisions. I fell in love with my colleague and we had nothing in common except the job. He was from the plains and his differences could be the main reason for my attraction. My parents had no objection but they were apprehensive and the reaction from his parent's side was also similar. We got married within a year of courtship and before our second anniversary, I got pregnant.

Motherhood was the biggest turning point in my life but it soured our marital relations. He was not caring, and due to his aloofness, I had a hard time managing both, my baby and my job. He moved away, taking a convenient transfer and eventually I had to raise my baby almost single handedly, who had just turned ten. He had to be reminded to come home for his weekend visits once or twice a month even then he behaved like a guest.

I did not want anyone else to fall in the same trap! Except me, Anita was the only woman from the hills, working in our office, and she was much younger than me, maybe twenty-two or twenty-three. She was fresh from college and was vulnerable. She did not know anyone here or about office work and I taught her all the nitty-gritty. I knew all about our colleagues and introduced them selectively with warnings that some may try to take advantage of her. I had introduced her even to my friends and family, I tried to solve her problems and treated her like my younger sister.

I taught her how to wear a sari and churidar-kurta since those were more suitable than skirts or pants at the office and even gave her saris as gifts. I assured her worried father that I would take care of her and I always protected her. I took her home and cooked her meals. We are both from hills, speak the same language and we have lots in common, though by age and looks, we were different.

I look more like a woman from the plains rather than from the hills. I am tall, 5'-8", I have wide eyes and a sharp nose, unlike woman from the hills. But she has got her distinct Mongolian look of a hills woman. She is short, maybe 5'-5", plump and fairer than me. I like her long, black, silky hair and it is much thicker than mine. She keeps it loose and it reaches her waist. Although the color of our hair is the same, my hair is shorter and thin. I wish I could have long, shiny hair. While I am very slim, she is a full-figured woman and in spite of her plumpness, she has got all the right curves in all the right places and she looks perfect and hot. The first thing anyone would notice in her must be her perky breasts, surely a C cup, maybe 34C and very big in comparison to my 32A. She used to wear tight tops earlier, making them look more prominent.

Earlier, she used to wear skirts or pants with tight tees or shirts and wearing such tight tops was punishing in the summer. It used to reveal the clear outline of her breasts and as she gasped for air, in the scorching heat, her low-cut tops used to reveal her deep cleavage. She wore short skirts that showed her thunder thighs, and most used to watch her with glee. I had seen how others in the office ogled her. Once, a one lady colleague asked me to speak to Anita about dressing properly. Since she did not want to offend or sound mean, considering mine and Anita's closeness, she thought I would be the right person to tell her. I personally had no problem with her dresses but she had to be careful about her dress and attitude in the office, especially when she was living alone, in an unknown town. I did not say her anything but I taught her how to wear and made her to switch over to a sari and Kurta-Churidar.

Most men in the office thought it would be easy to get laid by such a petite and hot young woman but I protected her and cared for her, as my sister. And then she started lying to me, for Paul! God knows how many girlfriends he had and she had chosen him! She was repaying me for my care by lying to me for a flirt like Paul! If she liked Paul so much, she should have told me and I would have helped her. I had seen him with many young women and I cajoled him to admit the truth that he had two girlfriends at the same time. And she had chosen Paul! Ok, let it be!