Eye of the Beholder Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She turned around and looked at Barrett, completely caught off-guard. "Wow," she whispered.

"Like it?"

"Of course, I love it," she nodded. "You didn't have to do all this."

He took her by the hand and led her to the picnic area. "I didn't," he chuckled. "Most of it was Eden." He retrieved a corkscrew from the basket and opened the bottle of red wine, poured it into both of their glasses.

Renee took in her surroundings and felt her heart swell. She couldn't believe he'd gone through so much trouble just for one little date.

"This little area was my safe haven as a kid," he explained, rested an arm on his bent knee. "Whenever I was pissed or confused -- pretty much all the time," he smiled, "I'd come here and try to make some sense of things."

"What were you like?" Renee sipped from the wine glass.

Barrett tucked his hair behind his ear and shrugged. "An arrogant little fucker. Got in trouble a lot. Smart and stupid at the same time, as my Ma would say," he grinned. "Spent half of my time angry at the world for no reason and the other half thinkin' I was in love with my girlfriend at the time. I got away with a lot," he sighed. "Kinda took advantage of Ma workin' all the time. Brandi just had Eden. There was a lot goin' on." Barrett got lost in memory lane, stared without blinking as he spoke.

"Was your father around?"

Renee could tell she hit a sore spot when Barrett's face contorted in anger.

"Sorry... I didn't—"

"When I was younger, yeah," he cut her off. "From birth 'till around eight." He took a swig of wine and tilted the glass in his hand, watched the liquid swirl around. "He was only a father and husband by name. Motherfucker ruined our lives." He looked at Renee and sighed. "He was abusive and... Ma was on the receivin' end. She got tired after a while, left Arizona for Texas empty-handed with two brats and built her life from the ground up in Quentin. Thank God for Thelma and the rest."

It was starting to make sense to Renee. Why he was so willing to help her even though he'd never met her a day in his life before. "Sounds familiar," she said.

Barrett frowned and reached forward to hold her palm, rubbed his thumb against the back of her hand. "Sorry 'bout that. Not really appropriate date conversation, huh?"

Renee scooted closer to him and caressed his hair. They listened to the acoustics around them; chirping crickets, the faint sounds of the animals on the farm and the soft crackling of the candles burning.

"My parents died when I was ten," she said. "Car accident. Stayed with a family friend until I graduated from high school. Went to college and... met Terrell. I'm an only child and my parents weren't close to their sisters and brothers so after they passed I never really felt like I had a family." She looked at Barrett and smiled. "You're blessed to have so many people around you that love you -- Eden, Wesley, Thelma, your sister. I wish I could say I knew what it's like."

Barrett nuzzled against Renee's cheek. "You will," he said with certainty, his lips grazing against her skin. Their lips met and Barrett hovered over her as she went backwards into the grass, hands trailing down his back. He dotted kisses on her cheek and neck, down her shoulder and arm to her hand. He pulled her up and against his chest. "You're makin' it hard for me to be a gentleman," he smiled.

"I never said you had to be," Renee declared.

"Don't tempt me," he said, nipped at her ear. "One step at a time."

Renee decided her next words carefully. It was complete and utter torture this morning when he found his way between her legs and walked away but he was right. Her body may have been primed and ready for making love but she wasn't. But there was more to intimacy than just intercourse.

"We don't have to go straight for the home run." Renee slid her hand against his exposed arm. "I can't say I know all the steps but I'd like you to show me."

"I don't know if that's such a good idea, love."

Butterflies flared in her at his term of endearment. "I do. "Take your time. One step at a time, right?"

Barrett licked his lips and cocked a brow. "Only if it'll make you happy. Well," he sighed. "Of course, there's first base."

"Which is?" Renee teased.

Barrett pecked at her lips lightly; once, twice, three times. Each kiss harder and deeper than the previous one. He took her lower lip between his teeth, pulled on it gently then let it go. Their tongues met and struggled for control in a passionate French kiss.

"That," he puffed when he pulled away. "That's first base."

"Show me second."

"Renee," he hesitated.

"Please."

He positioned himself on top of her and trailed his tongue along her collarbone. He nibbled on her soft skin, wiggled his thumbs underneath her dress straps and pulled them down, revealed her full breasts. His fingers pinched, caressed and tweaked her sensitive nipples. Each pluck heightened her arousal. He grabbed hold of both cups and massaged them under his hands, squeezed them lovingly and peppered kisses around her dark areolae.

"I think we should stop...."

"Just one more. One more, I promise."

He bunched the end of her sundress in his hand and pulled it above her waist. He picked up where he left off earlier; his thumbs slid under the band of her panties and pulled them down to her ankles, leaving them there. He spread her legs and cursed under his breath when he saw her wetness. He locked eyes with her and she moaned as his fingertips travelled across her slit, rubbing against her labia and coating her swollen clit with her juices.

"Oh god," she gasped.

"I'm only doin' this because you want me to, Renee." His digit slowly worked his way into her. "At this point I'd do just about anything to make you happy. Even if it's drivin' me up a fuckin' wall." He grunted and palmed his erection pressed against his jeans with his free hand. He sped up and gauged her reaction, took her whimpers as a sign of approval. "Take as long as you need. I'm not goin' anywhere. I won't stop until you tell me to."

"Barrett," she whined. "I need you."

"I'm here."

Their fingers laced together and she yelled when he pressed another finger in her.

"Harder," she demanded.

The sound of his fingers sliding into her pussy almost drowned out her moans. He was thrusting with such force that her breasts jiggled. She scratched lightly at his arm and arched her back, warned him of her impending orgasm. When she came her hips bucked against his hand wildly and he kept going, only stopping when she settled down. He held her close and she was so comfortable that she ended up falling asleep.

~

When she came to, she was in her bed. Her sundress and panties were on the floor. She pulled the blanket back and saw that she was wearing one of Barrett's shirts and another pair of panties. He'd carried her all the way to the house and dressed her.

She ambled out of bed and headed for the hallway. She walked next door, knocked briefly and then opened.

Barrett looked up at her. He was wearing a pair of reading glasses and had a photo album on his lap.

"Sorry for falling asleep," she apologized. "I just..."

He reached out his hand to her. "Come here."

She took his hand and he pulled her close. He tapped at one of the pictures in the album.

"That was my Ma." The blonde haired, blue eyed woman in the photo grinned from ear to ear. "About a year before she passed."

"She was beautiful," Renee said. "Eden looks just like her."

"Yeah," he smiled. "She does. I miss her everyday Renee," he sighed. "All I have left are these and memories." He turned the page and snorted at a photo of himself and his mother. He was holding up some sort of trophy. "Won the fifth grade spellin' bee. She was so proud of me, I'd felt like I'd done somethin' incredible. At least, she thought it was."

With each photo Barrett showed her, she felt a sickness in the pit of her stomach.

She didn't own a single photo of her parents, grandparents or the rest of her family. All of her academic awards, trophies and knick-knacks were back in Detroit.

"I have to go back," she said aloud.

Barrett looked at her. "What?"

"To Detroit. I have to go and get my things. My pictures, everything. I left it with him. I hope it's okay if I miss work for a couple days." She slid towards the edge of the bed but he grabbed her wrist.

"Take all the time you need. But you're not going by yourself."

"I'll be fine," she assured. "You can't leave too."

"I'm not letting you go alone," he persisted. "I'll call in some favors and have things taken care of. When do you want to go?"

"Tomorrow."

"Then get some rest. I'll book a flight for tomorrow evenin'." He kissed her on the temple and let her go.

For the first time in her life Renee felt protected, cared for and loved.