Failing Upward Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
el_wing
el_wing
203 Followers

"Yes, in a sense I am. And no I am not." He answered. "Quantum theory contains many paradoxes."

"That sounds more like a politician answering than a scientist," I whispered to Sid. Lancaster stared at me. I didn't know how, but I thought he knew what I'd said.

We sat talking a few moments, waiting for the crowd to thin. A well dressed little man with green tennis shoes limped up to us.

"Professor Lancaster would like to meet you. Would you mind following me back stage?" he asked.

Everyone eyed me. I nodded, curious as to what Lancaster might want.

"Sure," Sid answered, following the odd man back. We all fell behind. Igor, yeah, in Young Frankenstein, that was who this odd fellow reminded my of-- no hump on his back though.

Then he turned around and said to us: 'Walk this way!' I started to laugh and limp like Igor.

"Stop Wes," Lynn hissed. "That's not very nice."

I stopped.

We followed.

Sid did a slow burn. I wasn't sure if he was mad at me or thinking about Lancaster.

I spotted Lancaster in a group of college students, who were captivated. Lancaster excused himself, and strolled up to us, warmly shaking Sid's hand.

"Interesting question you asked," Lancaster said, assessing Sid. "Although one I've heard many times before, but interesting. Do we rule our fate or is it manipulated for us? The age old question."

"We make it," Sid said.

"You seem pretty sure," Lancaster said, raising an eyebrow.

"I am."

"Good to meet someone who knows. But the real reason I called you all back here is to see how you're doing, Wes. I must say that you look much better than the last time I saw you. I hear that my nephew is in a band with you. He's pretty talented. We have numerous musicians and mathematicians in our family. The two fields are interrelated you know."

"Yeah, I've heard that you use the same part of your brain for music and math calculations," I commented.

"Simplistically put, but yes," he said. "Les tells me you are very gifted musically. I'd like to hear you play sometime."

"We're playing near here this weekend. Les can tell you how to get there if you want," Sid jabbed me in the side, clearing his throat.

"Ah, we have dinner reservations," Sid said. "Sorry to cut this short, but we really need to be going."

"Nice speaking to you. Maybe I will see you this weekend. And by the way Wes, I've never thought of going into politics."

He did hear me!

Sid pulled me away. As soon as we were out of earshot he said, "Are you crazy? Why did you invite him to see you play?"

"I couldn't believe you said that," Alan said. "He's a pervert. A complex one, but a pervert."

"Now I'm going to have to worry about you even more," said Sid.

"It's not like he can't find out where we're playing," I said. "His nephew's in the band."

"Yeah, that's weird," said Alan. "This Les guy appears from nowhere." He looks at Sid. "And 'we have reservations'? Come on! Fuck. You want to be more obvious? There's no place within forty miles of here that you need a reservation for, dick head."

"I don't care what he thinks," Sid said.

"No, shit," said Lynn.

"Well, where do we want to go to eat? I was thinking the Jade Imperial Dragon," I suggested. "Best Chinese restaurant in the tri-state area."

"Chinese," Lynn said, kissing Alan on the chin. "I love Chinese food."

-------------------------

As my foot hit the threshold, I whiffed the sweet, floral aroma of the special house herbal tea. I loved the Dragon with its huge saltwater aquarium partition swimming with colorful clown, butterfly, and damsel fish. And I loved how the water from the tank reflected on the walls. The best buffet. Service great. Clean. The same couple running it for over twenty years, making the best sesame chicken I'd ever eaten. We sat in a booth farthest from the kitchen. I slid in first, and Sid beside me, his thigh brushing against mine. Alan kissed Lynn on the cheek as she excused herself to the little girls' room.

We made small talk while Lynn was gone. Alan stared at me the whole while, but I ignored him. The waitress brought ice water and place settings. She poured the house tea, leaving a small pot on the table. I reached across Sid for the sugar, intentionally pressing my body into his.

When Lynn got back, we ordered; I got my usual sesame chicken, and Sid got Kung Po.

Conversation. Make conversation. I hated Alan's staring.

"What'd you think of Lancaster?" I asked.

"Most of what he said was, 'wah, wahhhh, whah, whah, waaaahh.' You know, the way the adults all talk on the old Charlie Brown specials on TV?" Lynn complained.

"I thought he was interesting," I said, nabbing a bite of pork fried rice off Sid's plate.

"Reality is an algorithm," said Alan. "I knew the Universe was fucked up."

"Watch your language," Lynn slapped Alan's thigh. "We're in a public place."

"There's something about him I don't like," Sid said. "He's shifty. Like he's hiding something. And what was that 'the real reason I called you back here is to talk to you, Wes'? Maybe he is behind all that's been happening-- It was his way of saying, 'I'm watching you.' I don't like him."

"I've read that while many geniuses relate well in their academic world, they have serious problems with intimate relationships," Lynn said.

"Did you get that information from one of those tests in Cosmo magazine?" I asked. "You know, 'Are you in love with a psychopathic killer? Take this test and see...' Now that's some stimulating reading."

"Reading's not important in Cosmo," Alan said. "It's the pictures that are stimulating. Lots of nipples. But you three probably aren't interested in women's nipples."

"Sometimes you're such as ass hole, Alan. Guys," Lynn said, leaning over the table to us, "didn't you think that Lancaster guy was hot? He reminds me of Harrison Ford like he is now, not during Raiders of the Lost Ark. Yum."

"He's ok looking," I said.

We eat, taking bites off each other's plates and laugh. We're avoiding the main topic-- last night's stabbing. I don't really want to talk about it. I'm having a good time except Alan's pissing me off-- treating me so nicey, nice.

"Listen, I'm sorry about that comment. I can be an ass hole," Alan said, pushing his sweet and sour chicken around his plate.

"No problem, Alan," Sid said.

Being nice-- it wasn't normal for Alan. Might as well bring up my brush with death last night. Alan was going to dance around it all night unless I did.

"Alright," I said, turning my water glass in circles and staring down Alan. "I know what this is all about, Sid told me, so stop being so damned polite."

"I'm so glad Sid told you," Lynn said. "There really shouldn't be secrets between lovers. I know being too truthful about partners you've slept with can be a problem in some relationships, but in Sid and Alan's case, as close as they are, I think it's wise that Sid told you the truth."

It was like being slammed at 60 mph into a dash board. Lynn immediately knew she'd fucked up mega size. Sid paled. Alan just squirmed in his seat like the snake he was.

"You slept with Alan?" I asked Sid under my breath. "Is there anyone left alive but me on this entire continent who hasn't fucked you, Alan?" My voice was rising. I was pissed. Hurt.

Sid grabbed my arm and scooted me outside. I rationalized; I hypothesized, then I began to hyperventilate.

"Oh, damn Wes, it's not what you think," Sid tried to explain, but he knew I was close to hitting him and backed up a little. I couldn't believe I was that jealous.

"We only did it twice," he said lamely.

"Twice?" I said. "YOU fucked him twice?"

"Once that night and then again the next morning," he said matter of fact like. I don't know if I was pissed because he slept with Alan, or if I was pissed because he hadn't slept with me.

Alan and Lynn walked out of the Dragon and both stood sheepishly by the door.

"Fuck this," I said to Alan. "Let's go." We all raced to Alan's Olds and got in. He put the car in drive and sped off.

I didn't notice where we were going; I looked listlessly out the window, pressed tightly against the car door. Instead of street lights and head lamps, my mind projected images of Sid and Alan together. Now I understood. Why Alan always messed with me, and why he never picked at Sid. Shit. I was anxious-- all because I began to wonder if Sid wanted someone else. I felt him grasp my hand, and he squeezed it hard once. I finally looked over at him; it was dark, but I could see he was crying. I squeezed his hand once back, my hand shaking.

Sid slid in next to me.

"Please," I said, leaning into him, wanting more, waiting for more.

We decided at the same time. We met, mouths open, hungry. I kissed his face, tasting his damp salty tears on my lips. One of his hands twisted my hair, tugging my scalp while his other sloped up my thigh, making pin pricks of light heat dance before my eyes. I couldn't see. I groped blindly, my arms reaching. I didn't care that Alan's listening-- maybe I wanted him to hear.

"Sid," I groaned, my back sliding down the seat away from the door. I clung to Sid, bringing him down with me, pulling his shirt out of his jeans. I undid each button and pushed it off his shoulders, curling one hand against his chest. I reached my other hand and stroked the moist freckled skin of his back. His tongue practiced those amazing gymnastics on the roof of my mouth, sending delicious sensations into every inch of me.

Then I felt the first contact of Sid's hand on my crotch, and I twitched up in his hand. I cried out too loudly, but Sid filled my mouth with his tongue, quieting me.

I heard Alan and Lynn murmur in the front seat. The car stopped. Sid's hand fumbled to unbutton my jeans, and my breath came in jagged gasps as he undid each one. I waited for his touch, his strong square palm on me.

Lynn's blouse flew over seat, next her bra, which landed on top of my head. And Pop, I sling shot her bra back into the front seat (they really do snap). I hiccupped a laugh as Sid's body slipped down mine, lower, then lower still.

"Shit, don't stop," I begged. That was Sid's hand on me. His mouth moved down my chest, and without his lips to still me, I couldn't shut up. I bit my own lip-- I moaned and mumbled his name.

His tongue licked my belly, trailing down slowly. I lifted my hips, shaking. His hands pulled my jeans and underwear in one sweep over my hips and down. I wanted his mouth on me.

I heard Alan and Lynn whispering again in the front seat.

Biting my lip, I tried to keep quiet. I tasted blood in my mouth from suppressing my heat. I couldn't stand this torture. My hands clutched vinyl; my backside stuck to the seat. I didn't care that I was parking in Alan's car like some horny teenager. All I cared about was the feel of Sid's hot slick tongue as he licked my inner thighs. All I cared about was his mouth. I became light headed. Gasping. He ground hard into my leg, dry fucking it. His tongue biting and nipping. I whimpered and squirmed. Then suddenly, his mouth gulped me.

"Help me," I cried, slapping my hand over my mouth. My other hand burrowed into Sid's sandy hair. I couldn't believe it was happening. I thought, I'm gonna cry, he feels and sounds so good.

"What are you doing to him Sid? Killing him?" Lynn giggled. I've muffled my sobs behind my hand, but not well enough. Then I saw her head peek over the seat. "Holy Shit!" she said, then ducked back down.

I didn't care.

Fuck. I couldn't hold back. I shuddered. He swallowed me.

Me.

Now I was sobbing.

Sid pulled himself up. He kissed my chin, then my mouth. I tasted myself on his lips, musk and salt. He opened his mouth and moaned. I wanted to do to him what he just did for me, and I reached down to unbutton his jeans.

Alan started the car, and we began to move.

Sid moved my hand away. He sat up, pulling me with him and whispered hoarsely into my ear, "I'll finish you off at home."

el_wing
el_wing
203 Followers