Failing Upward Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
el_wing
el_wing
203 Followers

"That's crazy," I laughed. "Are you serious? Next thing you'll be saying Paul McCartney's really dead, and you replaced him."

"Who told him?" the tall one joked.

"What else can you do?" the big dumb one asked.

"Can you disappear Mr. Grant?"

"I don't know, Donald." He was too stupid to realize I knew his name without him telling me, but it wasn't lost on his other two buddies.

"Telepathic, too. Interesting."

"Sure, Alfred."

"Smart ass. Let's see if you're clairvoyant too," he said, hitting me in the face. "Guess not..." I spat the blood out on Alfred's nice white shirt.

"Shit, that hurt," I swore.

"Feels pain," the tallest one with the palm pilot noted. I noticed the video camera following the action in the room.

"Smart observation," I said sarcastically. Then I made the lamp fly off the table and bust against the back of Alfred's head. That was messy. Also scared him. And pissed Alfred off. Really pissed him off-- so Alfred decided to see how much pain I really felt. He kicked the chair out from under me and stomped on my hand with the end of his boot heal then kicked me in the face. Damn stupid jerks who think they're urban cowboys with their steel tipped boots. The blood spurting from under my eye stopped immediately. I think the speed of how quickly I healed scared them the most.

It still fucking hurt though.

"You really need to be more cooperative," the one with the palm pilot said. "You need to do better than that, or we'll experiment on your friend." For some reason, I couldn't get this third guy's name-- I couldn't read him like the other two. He was either a lot smarter or a lot dumber. Either way, he was the one I knew I had to worry about most. Him and whoever else was watching through that camera.

"You need to do a lot better than that if you want to keep your friend safe," the tall one said.

"Alright, what do you want me to do next?"

"Tell me what Albert is thinking."

"Easy, he wants to stomp my head. Can I sit up? The floor is cramping my style."

"Stand," he said, giving me his hand and pulling me to my feet. That was all it took. Frank. His name was Frank. Seems he didn't know much more than the other two. I guess they were on a need to know basis.

"Can we cut off his head next?" asked Donald.

Christ, he was serious!

"I don't think that's the best idea," I said. "It might limit how much information you can get out of me."

Donald looked at me stupidly.

"I'd be dead, Donald." Well, maybe not, but I didn't really want to find out...

"Well, if we can't do that, then at least do that injection thingy..." Donald suggested.

"Thingy?" I laughed, staring at Frank. "Thingy? The Community really scraped the bottom of the barrel to find this blind follower.

Frank laughed along with me. Then he pulled the syringe from his white lab coat as dumb and dumber stepped up on either side of me.

I stopped laughing just before Donald hit me in the face again. He was getting too good at that. Big and dumb can come in handy.

I wasn't in a hurry to find out what was in the syringe. I was reading from them it wasn't the serum, although it was a clear fluid, like the serum. Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dee seemed to believe it was lethal. I couldn't read any indication from my good friend Frank. I still had a nasty headache from whatever they knocked me out at the house. I didn't look forward to being their guinea pig one more time.

"We've noticed that toxins given intravenously are difficult, if not impossible, for many immortals to reverse," Frank said. "You revived from the sedative quickly. You should have been out a good day not a couple hours. We wanted to see what this would do..."

I figured, why make it easy for them? I started struggling against Alfred and Donald, elbowing Alfred hard in the nose. The crunch was satisfying even after Donald twisted my arm, wrenching me to the floor on my knees.

"What is it?" I asked. "Drano?"

"No," Frank answered. "Strychnine."

"Are you crazy?" Talking to these three wasn't working. I looked right into the fucking video camera. "What if it kills me?" I asked it. "That's a bit counterproductive, don't you think?"

Frank came closer, jabbing it in my arm. That stung.

"Missed lab the day your instructor went over injections, right Frank?"

"I'm not a fucking nurse... I'm a doctor." He tossed the syringe in the waste basket. A long shot and right in. Not bad. I took another close look at him. He didn't know shit about why they were doing this. Neither did his buddies.

"What about that Hippocratic oath?" I asked.

Frank planted his foot in the middle of my back and shoved me face first into the floor.

"Well, your bedside manner sucks big, Frank."

I tried pushing myself up with my arms and his foot came down in the middle of my back-- my chin bit the floor.

"Floor's good," I mumbled. "I'll stay on the floor..."

He stepped back next to the other two, leaning against the stainless steel cart and watched. I recalled the effects of strychnine poisoning, remembering that it was pretty painful. Something about muscle spasms so severe you suffocate. Not that I could suffocate. Even if I didn't die, it would hurt like a bitch. I started getting anxious, recalling that was the first sign. Actually, I was already anxious. More like twitchy. Not good.

As my stomach began to bunch up, I thought aloud, "This is bull shit." I expected the Community to do the same thing as they did the last time-- drain my blood, analyze it, run some kind of mad scientist experiment. I just didn't see the logic in trying to kill me.

"Why?" I asked, looking into the fucking camera. Whoever was watching knew exactly what they were doing.

I reached to figure out the purpose only to have it slam me in the face. "If I could just get out of here..." I mumbled under my breath. That's what they wanted! Jump. Leave. Change. I almost laughed. Almost. Joke was on them, I couldn't depart this universe. Not without Sid or the sand. Especially not in front of them. Unfortunately, the joke was on me too.

I knew nervous agitation was another symptom-- but I had that long before Frank gave me that injection. How long had it been? My muscles in my arms and legs were tightening. That and I was sweating buckets. Odd... I didn't remember profuse sweating being part of the symptoms. The fact that I was coherent didn't make sense either. Actually, the floor was starting to feel nice-- so cool, so smooth against my cheek. Thick wax, high gloss, I ran my hand across it. Fuck, the floor was getting me aroused. I could smell their sweat in the room, and I had a familiar taste in the back of my mouth.

Lights sparked in my brain. The smell of my own blood and Mica from my pores. This wasn't strychnine poisoning.

Fool the fools to fool me. Nice trick.

Then Peter Deal walked in.

I didn't know if I should feel relief or apprehension. I couldn't help but feel hope. Peter got me out of this place once before.

By now my heart was pounding and blood was rushing to my groin. Thank you God I'm on my stomach.

Peter kneeled down my head and whispered in my ear, "I guess by now you know what we gave you..."

"Yeah, I do."

"It was my idea to give you serum instead-- make you think it was strychnine. I didn't think it would work, and you're far too handsome to die."

"Fuck you Peter."

"Well now, since we've never been formally introduced, you either read my mind or you've known me before... which is it?" he whispered.

"You're so smart-- you guess."

"How well did you know me?" he said licking my ear. That was bad. I started scooting away from temptation. "Not that well? Maybe we could get acquainted?" He pushed me over onto my back. "Is that growing exponentially or are you just happy to see me?"

"Get away."

"What? You don't want me to talk nerdy to you?"

I couldn't focus my eyes.

"You don't sound so sure..." he said, I strained my head to look into his face. It looked jumbled, like some cubist Picasso painting.

"I'm sure. Fuck, what else was in that?"

"Well an interesting concoction-- we added etorphine-- used to knock out elephants, you should have been out by now. Amazing..."

--------------------

I woke up. Life was fuzzy but I could see Sid clearly enough, sitting next to me, legs crossed. Back in the same white room. I wondered why anyone would want an all white room. What the hell was John Lennon thinking? Too bright. It felt like my brain was trying to push its way out of my skull while my cock was trying to push its way out of my pants.

Being injected with that shit is like being in heat. And Sid was right next to me just realizing I was conscious.

"I was worried. You've been out for so long," he said, leaning toward me.

"Not as long as you think."

"What?"

"I woke before you and had the pleasure of meeting some of our gracious hosts."

I know he was just rubbing my back innocently, but it felt like the most erotic back rub I ever had.

"We gotta get out of here," he said, fingers moving up under my shirt. I turned over. It was easy to pull him down on top of me. I had my tongue down his throat before he knew what hit him.

He pulled away, breathing hard. "Christ Wes, did you forget the video camera?"

I looked into it. Shit.

"I can smell it," he said, gasping. "What did they do?"

I grabbed him and pulled him on top of me again, his ear pressed against my mouth. "They shot me full of serum and tranquillizer," I whispered. "Made me believe it was poison. They were trying to force me to do it."

"Have sex?"

"No, well yes maybe. I don't know. But their main intent was to get me to switch..."

It was all I could do not to rock my hips and thrust up into him. I could feel his cock through my jeans, pressed against mine. He was almost as hard as I was.

"They want to find out how you jump universes?" he whispered back.

"Yes," I whispered. I couldn't help myself-- I nipped his earlobe. "Peter is here."

"Christ," he moaned. "Stop talking dirty."

"Peter Deal is here."

"That Peter?" His eyes widened. "Maybe he can get us out of here."

"I wouldn't count on it. He's not the same person he was in our universe." I closed my eyes and put my arms around him. He felt so warm, so good. "I want you..."

I mashed my mouth into his. God, he started sucking my tongue. I went from semi-hard to rigid in one second.

Sid pulled back. "I want you too, but I don't think that's such a good idea..." his breathing ragged-- "Besides the camera... you see I forgot to tell you something..." I ground my crotch into his. "I've got it... it's in my pocket..."

"God," I moaned into his ear, "you're such a tease. I've got something in my pocket too..." I squirmed harder against him-- his cock rolled over mine and butterflies danced in my stomach. Wanted more-- so I started reaching inside his front pocket...almost there... What's this?

Then my mind shorted out.

"No," he rasped, grabbing my wrist. "I don't mean my dick, you idiot... The sand. I have it."

My hand flew back like a child burned by a hot stove. He rolled off me.

"You're just telling me this now?" was all I could say.

"They have to know," he said. "I mean, that I have the sand. They must have searched us. They must have wondered."

"Yeah," I said stupidly.

"They probably haven't connected it completely or else they wouldn't have done that to you earlier," he whispered. "Wes? Are you ok?"

"Yeah," I tried focusing in on his eyes. Such beautiful eyes. Why couldn't I see them? Just a few moments before, I was fine.

"Are you sure?"

"No."

"What's wrong?"

"Everything's blurry, jumbled. I can't think... must have put something else in that hypo."

Sid went quiet. His hand brushed my forehead.

"I don't think that's it..." he said. "It's the sand. You almost touched it. It was like you were leaving me for a second there. Like you were fading. Do me a favor, try to sit up."

"Ok." I was dizzy, but I managed.

"Listen," he said, sitting up close next to me, "what if you did it? I mean, got us out of here?"

"To where? I can't help but think we'd still be in the Community in the other universe-- we might be worse off than here."

"Are you sure?"

"No, but then there's them," I said lamely.

"You mean the other Sid and Wes?"

I nodded.

"Chances are the Sid and Wes in our universe are having the same conversation right now," he whispered. "But you're right, we can't-- at least not now. The camera. We can't let them know. They can't see."

Sid tensed. Shoes clicking against tile in other hallway echoed into our room. The door slowly opened. Dr. Peter Deal, Frank and a young woman came into the room. Her face was down, and I held my breath as I watched her chin slowly rise. I looked into her eyes, and I knew we would have a way out.

"Angela," I whispered.

I believed our salvation stood in the doorway. I whispered her name again: "Angela..."

"Angela?" Sid whispered back.

I saw her stare turn from spark to glass as she looked into Sid's eyes.

"How do they know my name?" she asked, turning to Deal. He didn't answer. Instead her mouth set firm as she fixed her eyes on Sid, then cast her eyes to mine. I searched her face to find the same good-hearted soul I knew. She looked into me. I saw confusion, horror, pity.

"You're the one, aren't you?" she asked.

Deal ignored her and stepped between us.

"He knows a lot more than he's telling us," he said. "From what we saw on the video cam a moment ago, he has a remarkable ability."

"Am I that transparent?"

"Can I hit the smart ass?" Frank asked.

Deal shook his head no, and Frank unclenched his fists.

"Enough with the jokes. How did you do it? How did you disappear?" Deal demanded.

"It's magic," I shot back. "I don't know how-- it just happens."

"You're a smart fellow," Deal said, leaning back against the wall. "You know exactly how. Are you going to tell us or do we have to hurt your friend here?"

"Can't we all just get along?" Sid asked.

Frank grabbed the front of Sid's shirt and went to slam him against the wall next to Deal, but Sid was quicker. Frank ended up face first with his arm twisted behind his back in his place. Frank threw all his weight into Sid and they stumbled back and onto the floor. Sid grabbed his hair and proceeded to pound Frank's face into tile.

Peter yanked him off Frank, who was howling and cursing, just as two steroid filled goons rushed in. Frank staggered to his feet, blood gushing from his nose. Most likely broken.

"Teach you to touch what doesn't fucking belong to you..." Sid spat.

Peter Deal pushed Sid up against the door, his hand caressing Sid's cheek and turned away from his touch like it was poison. Deal grabbed his hair, forcing Sid to meet his eyes.

My heart pounded. I'd been scared shitless before, but this...

I stepped forward only to have one of their strong men pull me back. I struggled, squirming away didn't break the hold. I tried pushing my weight against the biggest one, but he was like a tree. Fuck, and he smelled like home-baked bread. The least he could do is smell the part, like his pal did-- whiskey and cigars.

"Get your hands off me," Sid hissed.

"Sid, Sid, Sid. What no please?" Deal said, as rolled his hips into Sid's. I thought I'd be sick. Mr. Pop-n-Fresh Dough jerked me back. "You still haven't learned manners I see. I know we had a parting of ways, but no need to be so rude. I have friends here who will teach you to be more respectful. Or better, I could give you a lesson. I remember when you used to like my lessons."

"That was somebody else. The Peter I knew would never treat me like this."

"Yes, well that is part of it, isn't it? You're not exactly the same are you? How did you both do it? Tell me."

"Like Wes said-- we don't know."

I elbowed the guy's chest, then tried to spin around. Instead he caught both my arms and locked them tight behind my back.

"Stop squirming you little queer."

"At least I don't smell like the Pillsbury Dough Boy."

"Shut up!" Deal yelled at us. "Angela, give me the serum."

Her head jerked up as he said her name. She reached inside her lab coat.

"Don't do it," I begged. Angela's hand hesitated as our eyes met. "Please."

Her eye twitched, then she handed the syringe to Deal. One shot of that and Sid wouldn't care who was squeezing his ass.

"Don't," I said, stomping the man's foot. His buddy slapped the side of head.

"Then tell me what I want to know," Deal demanded.

"I'm not going to tell you a thing," Sid said, flinching as Deal stuck him in the shoulder. "Neither is he."

Sid's head turned to me as he choked out the word, "no." His eyes were black.

"Leave him alone," I choked.

God, the serum was working already. I couldn't watch. I couldn't let this happen.

"We have to be together for it to work," I blurted out. "And I need the sand that's in his pocket."

"Here?" Deal asked, and he took his time rubbing the front of Sid's jeans, feeling for the sand.

Sid moaned, "Wes, no." What could Deal or Shackleton do with the sand anyway, I reasoned. Besides, they had to know it was already there. All I knew was that I needed it to get us out of here, and I needed to know how much they knew. If I gave them a taste of what I could do, maybe they'd go away long enough for us to get ourselves out of this mess.

Deal dug inside Sid's front pocket and drew out the plastic bag.

"Take this to get it analyzed."

"No!" I said as he dropped the baggy of white sand into Angela's hand. She held it like it was radioactive. Sid looked at me. I was puzzled. What game were they playing? Deal had to already know that Sid had the sand in his pocket. They'd searched us. They must have already analyzed it and found it was just ordinary sand. Why this production? The only answer I could reason was they must not be certain. They obviously didn't understand its purpose. Two could play this game...

"Give it to me."

Angela's eyes locked with mine. I thought for a moment she might just give it to me. But Deal grabbed her wrist, twisting it.

I felt bad when I saw her wince. Still, I could have used that sand.

"Take it, now," he hissed. I watched as Angela left, her eyes glassy as she took one last look at me over her shoulder.

I let my knees go weak as I watched Sid trying his best to push Deal away. Dough boy's grip loosened, and I saw my chance. I kicked with every ounce of strength I had at the fucker's kneecap with my heal. He screamed like a girl.

I was satisfied with myself for all of one second, then he hit me in the jaw so hard I saw all my previous lives flash before my eyes.

"Come on," said Deal, "you can have fun some other time."

I think the guy wanted to pound me, but instead he limped out of the room with the others.

I was confused. Why did they leave? I turned to Sid. "How are you feeling?"

I didn't need to ask. He gasped for breath, squeezing his crotch.

He stepped next to me then leaned in and pinned me to the wall with a predatory smile.

"Very horny," he whispered in my ear.

"You know they are watching." I looked up at the camera. My breath hitched as he bumped his cock into mine. It could smell the roses in his breath and through his skin. Every point of contact, I tingled. My body chemically reacted.

"Let them," he said, unzipping my jeans. He reached in and began fondling me. My mind blurred, my chest pounded. I thought I'd come apart when he brushed his thumb against my jeans. I jerked helpless into his hand.

"God, yes," I whimpered, biting my lip to keep from calling out his name as he grasped me tighter. The room reeked of roses.

"I'm going to come just listening to you moan," Sid said, licking my ear.

I was trapped with him in that desperate place-- feeling him, hearing him, made me all the more desperate. The drive to be him, inside and out was almost irresistible. I could smell the want coming on me too.

el_wing
el_wing
203 Followers