Fairy Ring

Story Info
I make a libation in my fairy ring on Valentine's Day.
4.2k words
4.65
24.9k
19
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
oggbashan
oggbashan
1,527 Followers

*************************************************

Copyright Oggbashan January 2015

The author asserts the moral right to be identified as the author of this work.

This is a work of fiction. The events described here are imaginary; the settings and characters are fictitious and are not intended to represent specific places or living persons.

Note: Although this story was written in January 2015 the events are assumed to happen starting on the evening of Valentine's Day Saturday 14th February 2015.

*************************************************

My front garden has a fairy ring. It is a darker area in the grass about twelve feet in diameter. In the summer it grows mushrooms. I suppose I should have done something about it to make it look like the rest of the lawn but I rather like the idea of my own fairy ring.

That Valentine's Day I was alone and feeling lonely. I had come back from an evening out with friends yet I was dissatisfied. I had been the only single person in the group. Mary had organised the dinner party because she considered going out to a restaurant on Valentine's Day meant poor service in an overcrowded restaurant.

There were five married couples and me. Mary had invited me to be the dinner partner for an unnamed woman friend who was returning from Australia, and would be staying with Mary for a few days. I knew Mary was matchmaking, but I'd forgive Mary anything. I still loved her even though she had chosen and married Alan.

I trusted Mary's judgement. If she thought the unknown woman was a suitable partner for the evening, I'm sure she would have been, but she didn't arrive. She had sent a text message from Heathrow. Her flight had been delayed. She might arrive before the evening ended, or might not, depending on the traffic on the M25.

Mary's previous attempts at matchmaking for me had produced delightful women who enjoyed my company but none had led anywhere after a few weeks. Was that my fault, or theirs? I didn't know. I suspected that it was my dedication to my business. Although I had a manager, I couldn't relax until the business was more settled financially.

At the dinner party I had been drinking a bottle of French red wine. Mary had told me to take it with me, with a plastic wine glass, not to drown my sorrows but to round off the evening. I walked home slowly. I opened my front door and hung my coat up in the hall. As I went to shut the door I could see the outline of the fairy ring in the grass. I had already drunk five glasses of the wine. I decided to do something about the fairy ring. I didn't know what.

I poured the final glass of a very good Bordeaux into that plastic glass and walked out into my garden just before midnight, a few minutes before the date changed to February 15th. I raised the glass and said:

"To the fairies, wherever you are. May you enjoy your existence and visit this fairy ring."

I poured the whole glassful to the ground as close as I could estimate in the dim light to the centre of the ring. I put the empty glass in my jacket pocket.

I stood there feeling slightly embarrassed with myself. I was about to turn away and go back to the house when a pair of arms slid around my arms pinning them to my sides. An obviously female body pressed against my back. Soft silky hair tickled my cheek as a voice whispered in my ear.

"Thank you, Malcolm," it said. "I appreciate your good wishes."

"Who are you?" I asked, attempting to free myself.

The arms held me firmly.

"A fairy, of course," She replied. "Who else would you expect in the middle of a fairy ring at the very end of Valentine's Day?"

"A fairy? Do I get my three wishes?"

"Humans only get three wishes if they catch a fairy. I think this fairy has caught you. Perhaps you could give me three wishes instead."

"Perhaps I should. But how? I don't have a fairy's powers."

"No. You don't. But whether you can grant my wishes depends on what I ask for. If I ask for things you can do, will you let me have three wishes?"

"And what if I refuse?"

"Then I don't let you go."

Her arms tightened slightly. I thought I would humour her. Her body against mine seemed very attractive. Her perfume was enticing. Her voice was soothing and almost seductive.

"OK," I said, "I'll try. What is your first wish?"

She sighed gently as if she had been tensed for a refusal. Her arms relaxed their grip.

"A kiss."

I turned, still held in her arms. Her face was on a level with mine. Her long light hair flowed down over her shoulders. Our lips met, lightly at first and then the kiss became stronger as I began to enjoy her taste. Our mouths opened to let our tongues meet. This kiss was more intoxicating than the wine.

Several minutes passed while my heartbeat raced. At last she withdrew her lips from mine. She stepped back slightly with her hands still holding my elbows. I saw that she was wearing a heavy floor length dress that swung around her.

"Thank you Malcolm," she said. "It is a long time since I kissed a human."

"Did you enjoy it as much as I did?"

"I don't know. How do I know how much you enjoyed it?"

"I'd like to kiss you again -- soon."

"Perhaps you will. Are you ready for my second wish?"

"I'm not sure. I'm still recovering from the first one."

"You might like the second one as much..."

"What is your second wish?"

"This will be a long one, like the wishes humans ask fairies for. Here goes. Will you invite me into your house, carry me across the threshold, upstairs to your bedroom and when there strip yourself naked for me?"

I gulped. She had almost identified the wish I might have made now that I had kissed her.

"Yes," I said. "I will. I would like to know your name first, if you can tell me."

"My name? That is a serious matter, Malcolm. Will you grant my second wish if I tell you my name?"

"I have said that I would grant it. I would like to know who I am inviting into my house but if you won't tell me I'll invite you anyway."

"Malcolm, my name is Iolanthe. Will you invite Iolanthe into your house?"

"Yes. Iolanthe, will you condescend to enter my house as my guest and let me carry you across the threshold and up the stairs to my bedroom?"

"Yes Malcolm."

She swung herself into my arms as I held them out to her. She snuggled her head against my shoulder as I staggered back to the house through the back door and towards the stairs. Iolanthe was a substantial fairy. By the time I had reached the top of the stairs I was panting from the effort.

I pushed the bedroom door open with a knee. I lowered Iolanthe to the bed and straightened myself up, feeling the relief as the strain of carrying her was gone. Iolanthe was smiling at me.

"Well done, Malcolm. You're not as unfit as you think you are."

"And I thought fairies were small and as light as a feather..."

"That's not very polite, and anyway it's a myth. Fairies come in all shapes and sizes. The tiny ones are a fiction. Would you like a lighter fairy than Iolanthe?"

"No, Iolanthe. I'm delighted with the fairy I have. I didn't expect any fairy at all, but..."

"...but you haven't finished with delivering my second wish. You still have to strip."

"If I'm going to strip," I said, "I think I should shave too. Would you wait for me, Iolanthe?"

"As long as you don't take too long, Malcolm."

I took that as a yes and went into my ensuite shower room. I didn't take long to shave. When I returned, Iolanthe's dress was folded over a chair and she was in bed under the duvet. I stripped and put my folded clothes on my chest of drawers. Iolanthe flipped the duvet to the other side of the bed as an invitation. I could see bikini tan lines on a golden body and a trimmed bush matching her fair hair.

"Time for my third wish, Malcolm," she said as I climbed in beside her.

"And that is?"

"A kiss -- down there." Iolanthe said, pointing at her bush.

"My pleasure, Iolanthe," I said, moving down the bed.

Her legs splayed to give me access. I lowered my head to a clean female-scented cleft. As I kissed, Iolanthe's legs spread further until my tongue was buried between her lips. Despite the alcohol I was becoming aroused.

It had been a long time since I had done anything like this. I was remembering how I used to arouse Mary when she was my girlfriend. Mary always wanted worship before anything else, and I enjoyed giving her as long as she wanted.

Iolanthe seemed satisfied with my efforts. Her hands cradled my head, moving it to direct where she wanted me to stimulate next. She was writhing on the bed, moaning gently above me, and her movement became more frantic as she reached a peak again and again. Her legs clamped around me, her hands grew more insistent, and her moans became squeals as I continued to arouse her more and more.

I was appreciating Iolanthe's enjoyment. I hadn't lost the ability to arouse a woman to ecstasy and Iolanthe certainly seemed delighted with my performance. Fairy or not, her wish was being granted.

Eventually she tired. Her legs relaxed and her hands began to stroke my head. I slowed to a stop, raising my head to look up the length of her body at her face. She was smiling at me.

"Thank you, Malcolm. That was wonderful. But now..."

"Now, Iolanthe?"

"I need rest. Sleep. Perhaps I'll grant you three wishes but not tonight. Is that OK?"

"Yes, Iolanthe, as long as you are here to grant them."

"I think I will be. But could you put something on? I'll wear my long slip as a nightdress, if that's OK?"

"Whatever you want, Iolanthe."

We both used the shower room to freshen up before climbing back into bed, partially dressed. Iolanthe snuggled up against my back, a warm comfortable feeling. I had to use the bathroom during the night. As soon as I was back in bed, Iolanthe was pressed against me again.

She was still there in the morning, snoring softly, a gentle sound almost like a cat's purr.

I showered, shaved and dressed before going to the kitchen to make coffee. When I returned to the bedroom Iolanthe was awake and smiling again.

"Good morning, Iolanthe," I said.

"Good morning, Malcolm," She replied. "I'd like to get up but I need a change of clothes."

She looked at her formal gown still folded across the chair.

"I might have a t-shirt and some jogging bottoms..."

"Malcolm, if you could get my suitcase?"

"Fairies have suitcases?"

"This one does."

"And where is that suitcase?"

"At Mary's house of course."

"So Iolanthe was supposed to be my partner at dinner last night?"

"Yes -- unless you believe in fairies. You do, don't you?"

"I believe in Iolanthe, a substantial and delightful fairy. That do?"

Iolanthe's answer was to extend her arms towards me for a hug and a kiss.

When we had stopped for breath, Iolanthe looked at me.

"Want an explanation, Malcolm?"

"Perhaps while you have breakfast, Iolanthe? Any requests?"

"Just cereal and coffee will do, and perhaps the t-shirt and jogging bottoms?"

"Your wishes will be met..."

Iolanthe laughed. So did I. I had granted her wishes last night.

Minutes later, dressed in a baggy t-shirt, Iolanthe was eating breakfast. After two bowls of cereal and several cups of coffee she patted the kitchen stool beside her.

"Sit here, please, Malcolm, and give me a hug."

I was delighted to do that.

"Where do I start? OK. My flight from Sydney was delayed by ten hours so I didn't arrive early enough for last night's dinner. You had reached the cheese and biscuits when I got to Mary and Alan's house. I wanted a quick shower. I peeked through the hatch from the kitchen. You looked tired and unhappy. Mary and I decided that was not the time for you to meet me again..."

I raised my eyebrows. Again? I didn't remember meeting Iolanthe before, and certainly not her lips and bush.

"Again," Iolanthe repeated. "I'll tell you about that in minute. I dashed upstairs, showered and changed into my formal dress, before peeking through the hatch again. You still looked shattered, so when Mary came back into the kitchen we decided that she would invite you to meet me tomorrow -- that's today now. Shortly after that the party broke up and you all left.

Mary and Alan were worried that you had drunk too much and the cold air might affect you. Alan said he would follow you the couple of hundred yards to make sure you got home safely. I asked to go with him. We were standing just outside your front garden wall when you made your libation to the fairies. You know the rest. Oh, yes, as you picked me up I winked at Alan and he crept away."

"And I'm very pleased to have met Iolanthe..."

"And Iolanthe was delighted with your response to her wishes. Thank you. I have never enjoyed being a fairy so much."

"Have you been a fairy before?"

"Yes, Malcolm. I blame my parents. My name IS Iolanthe. I usually use my second name of... But I won't tell you that yet. As a real Iolanthe I was always considered for the fairy parts in school plays. I've only been Iolanthe in Gilbert and Sullivan's operetta once. My singing voice isn't good enough for such a major role. But I have been Tinker Belle many times."

"Tinker Belle? Doesn't she have red hair?"

I was beginning to suspect how I might have met Iolanthe before, not fair haired, not tanned...

"You're getting there, Malcolm. I had red hair. Remember a gawky girl, red-haired, with glasses?"

"Mary's cousin?"

"Yes, I'm Mary's cousin. You met me a couple of times when you were Mary's boyfriend. You were polite and kind, but only had eyes for Mary, not for her unattractive cousin."

"Unattractive, Iolanthe? No. I don't remember you as unattractive but as lacking in confidence in yourself. Weren't you getting over someone?"

"Yes. The first time we met I'd just been dumped by Paul. Mary had invited me to come to stay, and to cry all over her if that's what I wanted to do. You two wouldn't let me. You took me out to local historic buildings, to dances, to the pub. I thought I'd be playing gooseberry to you two, but both of you treated me as a friend who needed help to recover. I appreciated that, particularly from you. After all I was Mary's cousin, not yours. But you listened to me as if I had something worthwhile to say, asked me to help decide what we three should do, and behaved as if I was important to you."

I started to respond. Iolanthe's lips stopped me.

"The second time I came with my then boyfriend. You didn't see so much of me, nor I of you. I was using Mary's flat as a base while David and I were house-hunting. Again you talked to me as an equal. Eventually David and I bought a house twenty-five miles away and married, but by that time you and Mary were no longer together."

That last statement hurt. I still regretted the break-up with Mary. The reason was my dedication to starting my own business. I was broke, deeply in debt and working seven days a week. Mary became annoyed that I was neglecting her and met Alan. Within a month she had chosen Alan as my replacement and Malcolm was history.

Iolanthe noticed my reaction.

"You still love Mary, don't you?"

"Yes."

"And she knows you do. So does Alan. But you would never do anything to hurt either of them, would you?"

"Of course not. I love her. She's happy with Alan and he's the husband she chose. She's never regretted that choice. He's good for her."

"And I know Mary still loves you, but..."

"...is happy with Alan."

"Yes, Malcolm. She is. She knows you're her friend. Yet when you saw me at that time, even though you were hurting, you smiled, talked to me again as if I meant something to you, and behaved impeccably."

"Iolanthe, although I might have done all that, I still can't remember what your name was then. I'm sorry. I ought to know even though you look very different."

Iolanthe giggled.

"I thought you didn't remember. I was redheaded, wearing glasses and scrawny. My hair is now its natural colour, much shorter. I don't wear glasses because I've had laser treatment in the poor eye, and I've filled out. On the outside I'm very different. On the inside I'm someone who remembers Malcolm as someone I liked."

She paused.

"Even if he can't remember my name."

She was laughing at me. She leant forward and kissed me again.

"I don't mind. What you did for me last night makes up for any lapse of memory. I have never been worshipped so effectively. You granted all of fairy Iolanthe's three wishes. But Iolanthe's second name is..."

She paused again with a mischievous grin on her face. I could imagine her playing Tinker Belle, red hair and all.

"...Mary."

"Mary?" I spluttered. "The same as your cousin Mary?"

Iolanthe Mary nodded, grinning.

"We had the same grandmother but different surnames. Whenever we were together she was Mary, and I was Marie, but really we are both Mary."

"Thank you, Iolanthe Mary," I said. "Do you mind if I keep calling you Iolanthe? I have enjoyed Iolanthe's company..."

"...and she has enjoyed yours. But, please could you get my suitcase from the other Mary's house? I'd like to get dressed."

"Of course, Iolanthe. I'll be back in a couple of minutes."

"You won't. Mary will want an update. She gave me a key so that I could let myself back in last night. Since I didn't use it she knows I've been with Malcolm. She loves you. She'll want to know how we got on."

Iolanthe kissed me again.

"Go! I'll make myself some more coffee while I wait."

Iolanthe was right. The other Mary greeted me enthusiastically, hugging and kissing me with her husband Alan's tacit consent. She wanted to be sure that Iolanthe had been happy with me, but not the details. Iolanthe sending me for her suitcase had really been enough of a message. Alan went upstairs to fetch Iolanthe's suitcase. Mary sat me down in the living room.

"Malcolm," Mary said, "the other Mary is hurting -- again."

"I thought she was," I answered.

"She went back to Australia to finalise the sale of her house after divorce from David. They were married for seven years but he turned out to be a liability. He wouldn't or couldn't keep a job for long. Mary had to be the major earner and she really wanted to start a family. She couldn't consider that because there was no way David could help to support a family.

They went to Australia because David was offered a better job there, but he failed again. That was the final straw for Mary. She had a job in Australia, earning decent money, enough for a deposit and a mortgage on a house. When David lost his second job she threw him out and started divorce proceedings. He tried to claim part of the house but the court rejected that.

David's lies in court hurt Mary. He claimed she couldn't or wouldn't make love; that she was frigid; that the marriage hadn't been consummated. She had had a miscarriage soon after arriving in Australia. The medical records disproved David's account but the case attracted unpleasant publicity. Mary felt she couldn't remain in Sydney after her name had been in several scandal rags. She put her house on the market and applied to her employers for a transfer to the UK, which she got. She starts in a week's time and will be house-hunting again. In the meantime she's staying here, with Alan and me. OK?"

"Thank you, Mary. I'll try to help Iolanthe..."

"Iolanthe?" Mary laughed. "Alan and I had a giggle last night about your libation in the fairy ring on Valentine's Day. Your wish was answered promptly, wasn't it?"

"By a very substantial fairy."

"She is, isn't she? That's the result of ditching David. She was a wreck while they were together. Since she's been single she's recovered her health, but is still hurting inside."

"She seems to be feeling a little better this morning," I suggested.

"After a night with Malcolm? I'm not surprised. You were and are great for a woman's morale."

oggbashan
oggbashan
1,527 Followers
12