Faith, Hope and Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,335 Followers

The humor disappeared from her expression as Faith worked through something in her head before sharing it with me. "It was finally accepting what my father spent my whole life trying to make me understand. That God had a plan for me if I was patient and wise enough to let it come to pass. It was knowing life could still be good despite dad being gone. It was accepting that I could be joyful again. Can you understand what that meant to me?"

"Yes," I smiled. "More than you realize."

"That's why I got the tattoo," she continued. "Or at least that's what I thought at the time. I told myself that even if you and I never got back together that night would still be special to me, and I guess it would have, but I think I was missing the whole point."

"And what was that?" I asked, honestly curious. I was pretty sure I knew the answer, but I wanted her to say it.

"That you were what made that moment special." She leaned in and kissed me once more, this one with far more passion, though it didn't last long. "You coming into my life made everything right. Can you understand what that means to me? What you mean to me?"

I knew exactly what she was trying to say. It was the same thing I'd been trying to explain to her ever since we met. It was the mantra I used to get passed the times when I was afraid I'd lose her. I'd just used different words.

"Are you asking me if I can understand how much you coming into my life helped me renew my faith in God? How it helps me understand that all my hopes are actually possible? That I could truly love someone more than myself?"

I leaned toward her and kissed her briefly before she could answer, cupping her cheeks once more with my hands and then turning her head so I could kiss the tattoo behind her right ear and then the one behind her left. "Faith, hope and love. Get it now?" Faith looked at me momentarily startled, but then smiled in understanding.

"I got it this time."

"It's about time!" I teased melodramatically. She arched an eyebrow and suddenly we were both laughing. I pulled Faith to me and we kissed again. This time we didn't rush it.

"Come on you two! It's time to eat!" I groaned as I heard Eli from the other side of the bedroom door. I didn't want to lose the moment, but Eli being Eli, he followed up his cry by banging on the door loudly three times. "If you're not out in two minutes I'm coming in after you!" I knew he was serious.

"You do and Colin will have to find a new best friend!" I was a little taken aback by Faith's reply. She wasn't quite as loud as Eli, but it was a lot closer than I would have expected. "I'm not done with him yet this morning!" There was silence from the other side of the door for a second before Eli burst out laughing.

"Yep, I'm definitely going to like you!" he called in a more normal voice as I heard his footsteps move down the hall. "Just remember, he needs to eat to keep his energy up." Faith didn't look remotely embarrassed. I on the other hand turned a bit red and laughed, not that I minded.

"Now, where were we?" Faith asked, turning back to me. The desire in her expression made it obvious that breakfast would have to wait.

I stopped laughing and rolled on top of Faith. She looked up at me with a sexy and content smile. Her soulful eyes were telling me exactly what I wanted to hear. Having Faith in my arms was an incredible feeling that I was certain I'd never get over. Having her in my life even more so.

JoeDreamer
JoeDreamer
6,335 Followers
1...67891011