Fake It to Make It Ch. 01

Story Info
College professor abandons his wimpy ways.
4.3k words
4.6
32.8k
30

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 11/11/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JLCC
JLCC
203 Followers

Before the story begins, I'd like to thank my volunteer editor, adelante39, for her assistance. Aside from some glaring mistakes, she helped me breathe some life into the story as well as providing some direction for where it goes next, if it does.

*****

Looking beyond the narrative came easily to Dave Hunter. As an associate professor, he had researched many topics. His papers were somewhat provocative but well received and largely irrefutable. He was lucky to work in a school that actually embraced freedom of thought and speech. Despite the occasional controversy, he was well-respected amongst the administration and his peers.

He prided himself on knowledge and wisdom had a well-established career and was making a good life for himself, but he was still frustrated by his personal life. He had not had a decent relationship in two years and no dates in the last three months.

It bothered him that despite his good and caring attitude towards women, he was generally dismissed. He was just being himself and trying to give women what they said they wanted but often after the first date, the responses would stop.

Research was a part of his toolbox so he decided to act. It was summer vacation and he had time to dally in this.

At the school library, all the relationship books said the same things.

"Compliment her."

"Be yourself."

"Treat her with respect."

He knew all that. What had it yielded? Nothing. It really hadn't said anything more than what every woman's profile on Match.com said.

Google was his next stop. He typed in "what do women want from men" which returned twenty million results. He ignored The Huffington Post, sure it would be the same old crap over again. Semi-scientific websites were offering advice based on monkeys but that just seemed wrong, though discussions of evolutionary psychology piqued his interest.

Several pages in, he started seeing a lot of blogs on WordPress and BlogSpot. He almost didn't bother since just anyone could be writing these but one attracted his eye: "How to Get and Keep Your Next Girlfriend".

In some ways, it seemed the same. He was admonished to dress well, look after himself, be in shape. All of that stuff made sense. But he was horrified at some of the other suggestions as he read further. Ignore her, tease her, don't let her think you're all into her, be direct and direct the relationship, tell her what to do; don't ask.

All this went against everything he had been taught by his mom, his girl-friends, and magazines. One little snippet stuck out though: women know what they want from a man to whom they are already attracted, but are not willing to admit what they are attracted to.

"That kind of makes sense," he thought as he continued reading. He knew very well that much of this could be made up, but a lot of it was corroborated by some of the less practical scientific articles he read, not to mention his own observations of women he knew. How many complained about their recent acquisitions, despite the fact that they got in with them in the first place, virtually ignoring Dave or men like Dave?

Over the next few weeks, he devoured this plebeian advice, unable to turn from it. Heartiste was his favourite. The guy seemed like a self-absorbed dick but was shockingly entertaining in his evisceration of contemporary ideologies.

And the ideas worked. Being the scientist he liked to think he was, Dave put some of the concepts to the test.

The girl at the grocery checkout.

She was very pretty, if a little young for him. She had dismissed his compliments before, but now he turned it around a bit. Instead of telling her she was pretty, he commented on the brooch she wore on her apron. She actually engaged him, telling the story of how she got it from her grandmother.

The woman at the gym

Trying to maintain disinterest was hard when Dave found himself staring at a luscious blonde working out on the nautilus. She stopped and commented, "Funny. I thought you were gay."

"Me? Yeah. You remind me of a former boyfriend."

Her indignation faded when he followed with, "Actually, your biceps look remarkably soft for the weight you're pulling."

They were baby steps to be sure, but he found himself getting progressively more confident with women. In some circumstances, he noticed them moving closer to him as they talked.

Despite his moderate success, Dave was still unsure. It was near the end of summer and he would have a little less time for his new studies in just a couple of weeks. Deciding to go all out, he and a buddy went to a busy pub on a Friday night. The place was packed with a touring bar band finishing the last two songs of their first set. Dave and Jim hadn't been served by the time of the break so they headed to the bar.

Three girls were standing at a table, nursing drinks and laughing a bit.

He approached them. "You girls seem like the life of the party." He surveyed the group as he made the statement. All of them were cute but the blonde seemed a little too made-up. Of the two brunettes, one seemed just right if only because she'd be shorter than him.

"Really?" they beamed.

"I'm just kidding. You all look bored. It's a good band. You should loosen up."

"Aren't you a little old for this place?" sniped the blonde.

"Not as old as that purse, but it still looks good on you," he winked.

"Hey! This is brand new!" she pouted.

"It's okay sweetie. You and your mom have good taste." A quick glance showed the brunettes were amused at both the teasing and the blonde's manufactured affront, hinting that it was working for him. By that time, Jim had come back with their beers.

"You didn't bring us any?" Dave's target lamented.

Dave took a swig of his beer, then offered, "Have some of mine."

And so it went for the next hour or so. Despite his occasional reservations, Dave kept up with this new concept. He took his favoured brunette to the dance floor and things got pretty hot, ending with them making out in the corner for a while. This girl was hot, grinding into him while they fucked each other's mouths, welcoming his hand up her skirt and revealing very skimpy panties. He imagined her in some slutty get up, worshipping his cock and giving herself up to him for a wild fuck.

Ultimate success still eluded him. Two of the girls worked in the morning and they decided to call it a night at about 11:00. Dave did get Cheryl's phone number and he figured he'd call her sometime next week. For the rest of the evening, the newly-dynamic duo worked their developing prowess, finding it easier to engage with hotties who just a few months ago seemed untouchable.

There were just three weeks to go before the semester started when Dave got a call from the program head at the College. Jerry Williams and Dave got along pretty well and it wasn't a big surprise, but his reason for calling didn't please Dave at first.

"Hey Dave! How are you enjoying summer?" Jerry led with small talk.

"It's been great. Got away for a bit and have been working on some personal research. How about you?" Dave replied.

"Well, doing some work around the house for the first while and looking forward to getting away with the family for a couple weeks before school starts. Which brings me to a request. I need your help."

This wasn't out of the ordinary so Dave played along. "What's up?"

"You know Fulton Academy, right?"

"Of course, the private prep school affiliated with our college," Dave affirmed, now a little wary.

"Well, one of the science instructors there just had a car accident. She's going to be alright but will be out of commission for the semester while she recuperates. I know this is irregular, but the dean there asked us for help with a substitute and I thought of you. This would go a long way towards securing your tenure when the time comes, and I wanted to give you first crack," Jerry pitched. "I need to clear this up before I go away and it would mean a lot to me if you'd consider it. We can easily cover your responsibilities at the college."

Dave hesitated and Jerry continued. "You'll still be on our staff, just loaned out. No changes to your compensation or anything. I've already got the dean on board to ensure a glowing recommendation."

To be fair to Jerry, Dave was already on the other side of the fence. The college had been a bit boring and he felt like a little change might be inspiring.

"What the hell. Sure, I'll do it," Dave gave in, making it clear that this was a BIG favour.

"Oh man. You're a lifesaver! I'll send over some info, the syllabus and timetable, and some forms you'll need to fill out. My assistant will be able to give you some background you'll find helpful. You should schedule an appointment with her. I'll be in touch to see how things are going for you," Jerry concluded.

"Yeah, sounds good Jerry. Have a great vacation."

"Enjoy the rest of the summer. And, uh, enjoy the scenery at Fulton. Ciao!" Jerry hung up.

Scenery. That sounded promising.

Cheryl was indeed hot for Dave. It was easy getting a date and Dave moved things along to the satisfactory conclusion of getting her back to his house. But despite her early enthusiasm, she was very reserved in bed. When she balked at sucking his cock after eating her to an orgasm, Dave was annoyed. They had what turned into a bland, disinterested fuck on his part, at which point Dave resolved not to call her again.

After getting the package from Jerry, Dave spent a lot of time over the next two weeks prepping. Looking the syllabus and curriculum over, he knew it would be a cakewalk but he wanted to be comfortable with the lines he would be colouring between. And yes, the crayon analogy was a perfect fit, he chuckled.

"Damned good thing this is a favour that I can call in," he muttered to himself.

On the first day of school in September, Dave was well-prepared. A little anxiety made it a bit hard to sleep and he was up early. After getting ready, he decided to stop at the coffee shop near campus. He certainly wasn't the only one; the place was busy. He recognized the uniform that Fulton students wore on about 10 people in the shop. But one made him stop short. She caught his gaze upon her, locked appraising eyes with him, and licked her lips.

Steve was shocked out of his daydream. She hadn't licked her lips. She stuck her tongue out at him, and turned back to her friend at the table and giggled.

Despite her impudence, Sonia Chase was very pleasantly attractive. Her long, dark hair hung smoothly over her shoulders. She had a youthful exuberance with her friend who seemed to be a couple of years younger. Even in flat shoes, her shapely calves provided some of the inspiration he was looking for at Fulton, albeit non-academic. Her breasts pressed against her blouse, not too tightly but enough to suggest the deep cleavage he hoped she'd reveal.

It took a moment for Dave to recover from the insult - was it an insult? - and think a bit about how he should deal with it. His mind was completely immersed in his predicament as he ordered and paid for his coffee. This was a test and he wasn't going to let his summer research go to waste. Going through an inventory of his strategies, he first attempted to size up his adversary. "Adversary" was the right word, as opposed to "prey"; as far as he was concerned, she was just one student among many.

Right or wrong, the assessment came in a flash. She looked a little older than most, probably finally cajoled into "doing something with her life" by her parents. That meant she'd maybe been running a little wild and aimlessly since high school. She might be a bit spoiled then, since the school wasn't cheap and her parents would need some means. She hadn't made too many modifications to her uniform so either she was new or not overly rebellious. But then again, there was the childish tongue greeting she gave him.

Dave decided on his approach, a little authority game. "Good morning, girls. I'm Dave Hunter, science faculty. All ready for the school year?"

Sonia's face dropped. She had just insulted an instructor.

"Ummm, hello Mr. Hunter. I'm Sonia Chase and this is Carol Miller," Sonia reluctantly revealed.

"Miss Miller, Miss Chase." Turning to stare directly at Sonia he said, "I am new at the school. I don't even know if they offer refreshers in manners there," he said with a boyish smirk. Sonia blushed and turned slightly.

"It's okay, I'm just kidding," he continued, still smiling. "I hope you both have a good school year. I don't want to see you in the dean's office too much."

Dave left the two girls just a bit flustered at his forthrightness. As he walked out the door, the two girls erupted in giggles.

"Oh my god! He's a teacher, you bonehead! Be careful who you stick your tongue out at around here! I hope he doesn't make life difficult," Carol chided her friend.

"I don't think he took it too seriously. Plus, really, what could he do?" Sonia responded.

"Maybe spank your little ass if you're not careful, chicklet! You like older guys anyway, dontcha, huh?"

"Shut! Up! What do you know?" Sonia taunted indignantly.

"He is kinda hot, though. And I haven't been spanked in a long time. SONIA! Shut up!" Sonia's inner dialog prodded her.

"Hey, we gotta go Miss Spankypants," Carol encouraged her friend.

Sonia tossed her head back in mock ignorance, stood up with her purse and gave herself a light slap on the butt to tease her friend.

"Attagirl," Carol winked back.

Two days into the semester, Sonia had a physics class. Having forgotten all about the details of the earlier encounter, she stopped dead in her tracks when she walked into the lecture room. There, with a bemused smirk on his face, was Mr. Hunter. She fumbled a bit as her books slipped in her hands.

"Perhaps you should take a seat. Miss Chase, was it?"

Did she detect mockery in his voice?

"Yes, Mr. Hunter. Sir." She had no choice but to retort somehow.

"Good god. What an ass!" Dave thought as she turned to walk from him.

She made her way to her seat, removing her light coat and maintaining Mr. Hunter's eye contact. It felt as though her psyche was being playfully examined.

Mr. Hunter was a remarkably engaging instructor. Sonia wondered if Fulton was just a pit stop for him because his knowledge seemed way beyond the course curriculum. In fact, she deliberately tested the limits of his knowledge with her own. Sonia was almost an honor student, but the sciences were her absolute best subjects. Even though she had been out of high school for two years, she kept up on current scientific events. By the time class ended that day, they were mutually impressed with each other academically.

Over the next few classes, Sonia started becoming more excited about the physics lectures. She was learning a good deal, for one. Second, she had come to like Mr. Hunter a lot, and on top of that, started having vague fantasies about him. He had an amazing way of almost dismissing her, which was infuriating, but still conveying attraction that seemed to envelop her, keeping her on the hook.

She found herself wanting to conduct her own experiments to determine the depths of this attraction. She kept it simple at first, wearing higher heeled shoes and leaving an extra button undone on her blouse. Then, she shortened her skirt. She was enjoying the success of these subtle changes, catching his glance lingering. He was amazingly candid about it. When she would coyly turn her head to try and catch him ogling her in the hall, his eyes would lift at the movement and their gaze would simply lock, a very slight grin on his face. One time, in a twist on their first meeting, he stuck his tongue out at her when their eyes met. She immediately walked in his direction.

"The Manners class is after school. I hope you signed up, Mr. Hunter," she declared as she sailed past, leaving Dave almost laughing.

The change in Sonia was not lost on other students. Some of the male students started orbiting her almost pathetically. Sonia recognized, maybe subconsciously, that the overt attention meant nothing to her. She let it carry on because sometimes it felt good, but Mr. Hunter's aloofness was driving her nuts.

Because Dave was enjoying this cakewalk assignment, the professorial equivalent of basket-weaving, he had continued delving into his personal research. It was paying off for him with greater confidence and a growing understanding of his own sexual expression. He had met a lot of women and had some bedroom success with two. The first one never responded to him afterward, so he wrote her off. The second one, however, was the one who raised his own awareness and showed him another weakness in how he went about relating to the opposite sex.

He met Vanessa in a coffee lineup. Dave chatted her up while they stood in line and they sat and talked for a bit after ordering. He got her number and told her to meet him at the Cat and Skinner Pub that night at 8:00. He was inspired and emboldened.

"Dress hot," he texted her.

Did she ever. Vanessa was waiting in the lobby of the pub wearing a form-fitting deep purple tube dress, and her curves were heart-stopping. She finished the look with sheer, almost black hose and 4" patent pumps. It seemed like shooting fish in a barrel, Dave thought.

They had some good laughs and Dave maintained his cool, but kept things moving forward with humour, innuendo, and some strategic touching. He invited her to his place and she readily accepted.

They sat, enjoying some wine, and were soon casually making out on the couch. But Dave's friend for the evening started pulling back.

She looked in his eyes and playfully asked, "Where's the guy who picked me up this afternoon?"

Dave didn't understand and gave her a confused look.

"Honey, you came on like a fireball, at least compared to most guys. I thought you knew what you wanted and that continued at the pub. But now you have me, and you're behaving like a schlub. An attractive one, to be sure, but a schlub nonetheless.

"I hate doing this, because when a girl wants to be taken, she doesn't want to have to say so.

"Take me," she directed.

"Aaaahhhh fuck! How do I recover from something like that?" he thought. Thinking quickly, he got up and stood between her legs. First, he pulled down the top of her dress, taking her strapless bra with it and revealing her tits. She giggled. Then, pulling her to him in tightly, he reached his hands under her ass and lifted her up to his waist, where she wrapped her legs around him.

"Thank GOD she's not big," Dave muttered to himself as he hefted her up.

He walked her over to the nearest wall, pressing her up against it, which freed his hands. He began hungrily kissing her while he his hands roamed what he could reach of her body, eventually sliding his hands up her legs to find her hosiery was stay-up stockings.

"Now lover, is it clear I wanted and planned to be taken?" she teased as she noted his pleasure at the discovery of her stockings.

Burying his fingers deep in her ass cheeks, he found a whisper of panties on her. He could just tease her pussy lips as he devoured her mouth, mashing her against the wall. She began grinding against him, feeling her arousal begin to blossom.

He pulled back a bit and whispered, "Let's go to my bedroom."

Punctuating her statement with a couple of grinds, Vanessa responded, "That sounds too much like a question. Just DO!"

He carried her like that, wrapped around his waist, and dropped her on the bed. Leaning into her, he pulled her dress down further to hungrily assault her very sweet tits. She hooked her heels behind him, pulling him in tighter. He first teased her nipples with his tongue, then sucked deeply, finally grazing them with his teeth. Vanessa was writhing beneath him, releasing an occasional gasp.

JLCC
JLCC
203 Followers
12