Falling Back

Story Info
A Joseph Jonas fanfiction.
8.4k words
4.75
10.6k
3
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Em. What u up to 2nght? –J

I stared at my phone for a while after opening the text. J, also known as Joe or Joseph on occasion. The real question here was 'why are you texting me?' You see, Joe is my ex. We've been broken up for about 8 or so months now. But the thing with us, we always go running back to one another. And guess who just broke up with his most recent victim. Oh I mean, girlfriend. Yep, that would be him. Now, don't get me wrong, Joe is amazing. I could go on and on about how amazing he was, really I could. But who has that kind of time?

The thing with Joe Jonas is, well, he just can't make up his mind. He doesn't want a commitment, but he doesn't want to be without a girl. And the second it becomes serious, he bails. Which, I know, some people are like that, yes. But it's so hard not to fall for this boy. His looks alone will kill you. His caramel color eyes, the perfect curve of his lips, the way his hair used to fall in his face, till he cut it off. And that's just his face. Don't even get me started on the rest of him. I've always been in love with his voice, especially when he sings. Not that he'd ever admit that he has sung.

But he's more than just another pretty face; he's got the personality to back it up. The adorable awkward-ness too. Plus, he's a good listener and he's got great advice. So what happened with us, you may ask. Ha. Maybe I can shorten it up a bit.

When I was 18, I had gone out with a friend of mine, Amanda. She had just recently met a couple of people and they had asked her to hang out. And since she didn't want to go alone, she took me along with her. Well, basically, it was just a random gathering of people getting drunk, oh and swimming. Yeah, we were out at a lake. I later found out that the place was called 'The Berryfarm', I still don't know why.

Well, Joe had been one of the guys Amanda had met. And she actually had a crush on him first, and wanted me to approve, so to say. Yeah, I approved alright. I don't exactly remember what happened after we got there. I mean, I know that sounds bad, but I may or may not have had one or five drinks. :) Don't judge me. But, what I do know is that Joseph and I ended up in the back of Amanda's car, talking. You pervs. We talked about everything, from school; we were both seniors, to the stars and the moon. We talked past boyfriends and current girlfriends. Oh yeah, I stole him from another girl. Well, not literally stole, but you know what I mean.

Joe had been dating this girl, whose name isn't important anymore. She was a year or two younger than us, and he wound up cutting her lose the next day. Which, I did feel really bad about it. But she was a bitch to me, so I don't care anymore. (more about that later) Within the next few weeks, graduation had happened and it was officially summer. Every weekend was spent out there with him and his friends. It was the best summer of my life. Eventually Joe and I started dating, after much teasing from our friends. He had finally got the courage to ask me out. Of course, I said yes. I mean, who wouldn't? He was my best friend, and honestly, I couldn't wait to kiss him and hold his hand. Just call him mine.

I fell completely head over heels for him. I was a hopeless romantic that didn't know any better. Our first date consisted of him cooking me dinner at my house. My parents had gone out of town, so we had the house to ourselves. Then we cuddled up and watched Fly Away Home. I'm not even sure why we watched that movie, but we did. Kind of a weird first date, but we had already spent so much time together, we basically knew each other inside and out.

Our first kiss had happened before that though. It's kind of funny though. I wouldn't let him kiss me till we dated. We'd be sitting down by the water at The Berryfarm, and he'd lean real close to me. I knew exactly what he was doing, so I'd just smile at him and simply say, nope. He hated it, but I wasn't about to give out my kisses. Let alone my FIRST kiss. So our first kiss happened, the day before we started dating. It was electrifying. Ever nerve lit up, and I can't even explain it. I was just tingly all over. It was amazing.

We didn't date for very long though. Maybe a month. A lot of drama happened between us, that I'll spare the details about. (it wasn't pretty, and I regret it) I didn't cheat on him or anything like that. Nor did he cheat on me. Just this girl tried to mess things up, and well, it worked. Jen, the girl, liked Joe and had liked him for some time. Well, Joe didn't return those feelings for her, but she was in denial about it. Anyway, the second we broke up, she was after him.

But, hehe, a month or so after we broke up, Joe and I started talking again. Jen had told me he'd been with some chick the night before and that I needed to watch my back. I didn't care what she said, or did. Well, that night Joe and I made up, and decided just to talk for the time being. We talked for about 3 months, and never got to hang out. Because by now, it was winter. We both had a million things to do, with college, and work. Along with personal things. So we wound up not getting back together.

It wasn't until March of 2010, just last year that we started talking again. We instantly fell back into our friendship, and started hanging out all the time. I was spending at least two days out of the week over at his house. We'd just sit out in his backyard, talking. Filling in each other about what had happened over the past year. A lot had changed since then, just like a lot has changed now since then. Anyway, we wound up texting one night, and I asked him.

"Ya know, I kind of miss it. –E"

"What do you mean? –J"

"I mean, the whole, couple part of it. –E"

"Would you maybe want to try dating again? I mean, we have a stronger relationship now, and I think we're kind of stupid not being together right now. –E"

So naturally he fell asleep, in the middle of this. I woke up the next morning in a panic, like always. Thinking maybe I had just messed everything up. I usually did, so it just came naturally. So, in an attempt to save myself.

"I have no idea what I was thinking last night, I mean, that's just crazy. I don't want to mess up our friendship. –E"

Well, I had been wrong, because he had been thinking about it too. We wound up dating for about 4 or so months before he randomly broke it off one day. I still don't know what actually happened. I had just been out to see him the weekend before that. And when I was leaving I had joked around with him.

"Oh come on, ya know ya love me." I teased him.

"I don't know, maybe." Joe replied, his face getting serious. I didn't know what to say, so I just hugged him, and gave him a kiss. That night he told me he loved me. I had been asleep, so I didn't text him back. Of course, I did that morning. I knew I loved him, so there was no if and or buts about it.

So, it broke me pretty bad. I laid in bed for days, just crying. Then I blamed myself for it. I had realized that I shouldn't have gotten attached, because I knew exactly how he was. Then I went through the phase of not caring anymore, and that's when my friends stepped in. They made it all better, of course. That's what friends are for, right?

I hadn't even talked to him since we broke up. Sure, he had text and even called me since, but I just couldn't talk to him. I couldn't hear that voice that I loved so much. But of all things I didn't block or delete him out of, I left him on my facebook. I was curious. And that would be my downfall. So I knew he had been with some chick for the past few months. And I also knew that they had just broken up about a month ago.

So, here I sit, staring at my phone. 'What am I up to tonight?' Well, if he must know, I'm doing absolutely nothing. Because well, I have no life. I'm 20 years old, and I'm sitting at home on my computer. I have no life anymore. All of my friends have boyfriends, who they spend ALL...and I mean, all of their time with. College friends? Nope, I've very shy and I can't ever make new friends. If I have to talk, I will, but otherwise I don't.

Not much. U? –E

I patiently sat at my computer, gripping my phone tightly. A little too tightly. Trying to keep my nerves calm. I don't know why, but he always had a way of making my heart speed up, whether he was around me or just simply texting me.

Drinking beer. Lol –J

Of course he is. Because that's all he ever does. Rolling my eyes, I texted back quickly.

Naturally. By yourself? –E

No, I got my buddies out here, just need some booty. ;) –J

Wow...so now he wanted what? A booty call? This could get fun. Ahem, I mean, is he kidding me right now? I'm his ex/ex best friend. We never even did that. And for all he knows I still haven't lost that card. (I have, but like I said, he doesn't know that) Also, on a side note, I just recently broke up with my boyfriend of 5 months. He was just...too clingy. But this isn't about him.

Aww, you poor thing. :( :P –E

Lol. You should come out. –J

I had a feeling that was coming. Now, the question is, do I go or not? A reason not to go would be because this would simple be a bootycall. But a reason to go, is because well, it could get fun. And I kind of want to see him. I know that's a down side to it, but I do want to see how well he is. And that might be a reason not to go. Let's say I didn't go, I would sit here, and be bored for the rest of the night, wondering what would have happened had I gone. Let's say I do go, I have a ton of fun. Do a little teasing. Show Joe what he's missing out on. Have a random hook up. Yep, I think I'll go. What's the worst that could happen anyway? He smacks my ass? Truth be told, I like that. So.....awkward...

Well, where are you at? –E

Berryfarm...of course –J

Ah. I should have known. –E

Yep. Lol. So you should come out here. –J

Ah now, Joe you seem a bit desperate. Maybe I should play with this for a bit. Is that mean? Ah, who cares the fucker broke my heart.

A little desperate are we Joey? –E

No, I just want you out here. –J

Why? –E

I just do. –J

Well can you meet me somewhere; I don't want to drive down there by myself. –E

Let me know, when you head this way, I'll get Nick to drive me up there. –J

Nick as in, your brother? You're letting Nick drink with you now? –E

I'll tell you about it when you get out here. –J

Interesting. Now, I have to get pretty. I quickly looked around my room. Remembering that it would be a little cool out, I slipped into a pair of skinny jeans. I sifted through a pile of shirts, finding my purple tank top I had been hunting. I pulled it over my head, and grabbed my hoodie off the chair. I slipped my feet into my favorite pair of flats. Then I stopped in the bathroom to freshen up my make-up. Adding some eye shadow and eye liner to my eyes. I pulled my hair into a low ponytail on the left side of my head. Sweeping my bangs to the same side.

Joe hadn't seen me in almost a year, I had to look perfect. I had to remind him of what he was missing out on. I added some lip gloss, touching the sides of my mouth to get the extra off. Winking to myself in the mirror, I grabbed my purse and headed for the door. It was about 11 o'clock, yeah, my mom would mind me leaving, but she isn't here. And what mommy doesn't know won't hurt her. And with that I walked out of the house and towards my car.

Alright headed your way. –E

I'll have Nick bring me up the road. That okay? –J

That's fine, see you soon. –E

K babe. –J

Babe? Well then. I drove down the highway and turned the corner, seeing a body standing near the road I was about to take. I smiled to myself as he slowly came into focus. He turned towards my car and I could make out his smile. I turned down the road and put my car in park. He opened my door as I looked up at him. My heart fluttered and for a second I couldn't breathe. All he did was smile down at me.

I stood up and he quickly wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close to him. I hugged him back squeezing him tightly. He let go and laughed as I walked over to the passenger side without a word.

"Ya know, you better be glad I know you." Joe smiled over at me, putting the car in drive.

"Whys that?" I looked over at him.

"Because who else would know that you wouldn't want to drive, without you saying a word?" I laughed.

"Well, I kind of figured you'd get it by me walking over to the other side of the car." I said sticking my tongue out at him.

"And I did know, I'm just saying is all." He said.

"Okay Joe." I smiled, turning away from him.

My heart was pounding, my mind was racing and I could hardly breathe. Butterflies were slamming against the walls of my stomach. I have no idea what is happening. I've never acted like this around him, not even the first night I met him. Or even after we started dating. What the fuck?! I took a deep breath and looked up at the full moon that was shining down on us. Joe didn't say a word the whole ride back towards the lake. It wasn't an awkward silence or anything, there was music playing in the background.

We finally pulled up to the boat ramp. Yes, that is what the Berryfarm is. It's just the lake, and a boat ramp. We just sit out on the ramp most of the time. There is usually a truck backed down onto it. And Nick's truck was backed down in that spot. I laughed, it was so weird with Nick being down here. Joe and Nick didn't get along; they never had for as long as I'd known Joe. The night Joe and I met, Nick had called me Joe's girl. I remember getting so mad at him. I had gone and sat up on the ramp by myself, everyone else was out in the water. Nick had come up there messing with me, and pulled me back into the water. Joe hadn't been there at the time, but came back shortly after. No one ever told him about that. And I never mentioned that Nick had called me his girl.

I never asked Joe why he and Nick didn't get along; it was just a common knowledge thing. I just figured it was because they were brothers, and that's how brothers were. I wasn't a guy, so I didn't know. I mean, they always fought. They're friends had to keep them apart from time to time. And let's just say, it isn't pretty when they get into a fight. A fist fight, at that. Joe put the car in park and looked over at me.

"So, you ready?" He asked me.

"For...what?" I smiled.

"Just...to hang out..maybe?" I tilted my head to the side.

"I guess?" I laughed. He was being odd. "Wait," I said, grabbing his arm.

"What?" He asked, looking down at my hand and back up at me.

"Why is Nick here?" I had to know. It was literally going to bug me for the rest of the night.

"I don't know, we're chill now. He's a pretty cool kid." My mouth fell open, to which he laughed and put his hand to my chin, closing it. "You don't want flies to get in there." He laughed.

"I just..i can't believe you just said that. He's 'a cool kid'?" I asked. "Joe, you guys used to hate..and I mean hate each other."

"Lot of things have changed Em. As I'm sure things have changed with you too." He said shrugging.

"I guess that makes sense. It's just..odd." I said looking over at him.

"I think that's pretty well the reaction out of everyone one these days." He laughed, opening the door and getting out. I followed, getting out and walking with him over to the rest of the group. I noticed there were about 4 guys and 5 chairs in circle down by the water. I laughed. Yep, just like old times.

Everyone turned to look at us as we walked up. Joe put his hand on my lower back, leading me closer to the group. That one small gesture made me shiver. His touch was so warm and comforting. His hand slide to my hips and he placed his other hand on the other side of my hip. Walking behind me. I stopped, walking, causing him to smack into me, and almost knocking me over in the process.

"Why'd you stop?" He asked, his breath tickling my ear.

"Well, I don't know anyone other than Nick, I just need a minute." I said taking a deep breath.

"So, you still get nervous and shy, huh?" He smiled.

"Well yeah, that isn't exactly something someone can get over very easily." I said turning slightly towards him.

"Ok ok, how about this." He said, stepping out from behind me. "Hey guys, this is Emily." He announced to the group. Fuck. I really dislike him. He knew exactly how to get me out of my shell. He turned and smiled at me, before walking and sitting in the empty chair.

"Hey Emily."

"Hey"

"Sup?"

"Emily! Hey!" I knew that voice.

"Hey Nick." I smiled over at him, walking up behind Joe's chair. He jumped up and hugged me. Well..this is very weird. What do they have this kid on? "Wow, Nick, you look all grown up." I said as he let me go.

"Hey, I was grown up back then too." He said, causing the group to start laughing, including myself.

"Sure, Nicky." I winked over at him. I stepped around Joe's chair and was now standing in the middle of the circle. "Alright," I said turning around to the 3 guys who I didn't know. "Names...go" I pointed to the first one.

"Cory." He replied.

"Nice to meet ya." I smiled, and pointed to the next guy.

"Jeremy"

"Nice to meet you too." I said, turning and pointing to the last guy.

"Skylar, but you can call me Sky." He smiled up at me.

"Nice to meet you Sky." I smiled back at him. "So, you guys know my name is Emily, Joe is the only one that can call me Emmy or Em, its Emily to the rest of you. I'm 20 years old, Cancer, I like long walks and romance novels. Fishing and camping. And the stars." I finished with a smile. "Oh and I'm in college, and have two tattoos. But you have to be extra special to get to see them." I winked. Now, I was getting into this.

"You have a tattoo, Em?" Joe's said, I turned and looked at him, as he looked me up and down. Did he really just check me out, right in front of me?

"Yes I do." I smiled.

"Where?" He knit his brows in confusion.

"Joe, if I tell you, I'll have to kill you." I said simply.

"They can't be that bad." He smirked.

"I guess you will never know, will you?" I teased him. Truth be told, he could see one, if he tried hard enough. I have a shooting star across my right foot. My other tattoo is on my hip. It's a small outline of Tinkerbell, with the worlds "Fly With Me" underneath. Peter Pan is one of my favorite movies. And this tattoo was completely spontaneous. The words 'Fly With Me' are from a song Joe had written once, and sang to me. My favorite line was 'Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine, so won't you fly with me?' Since the whole line was kind of long, I just got the last three words. No, Joe didn't know about it, and still doesn't know.

"Aw, come on Em." He said pulling my hips down, causing me to fall on top of him.

"Well, hello Joseph." I said looking over at him. "I can't tell you, you'll just have to find out." I smirked. "If you're lucky that is." He smiled.

"I'm always lucky, baby." He squeezed my hips, causing me to laugh. I stood up from his lap; it was hard to think being that close to him. Plus, I needed to keep my cool.

Just as I stood up, Tim McGraw's It's Your Love came on through the speakers in Nick's truck. I laughed, it was one of my favorite songs. I looked around and smiled. Perfect.

"Hey Sky, will you dance with me?" I cocked my head to the side. Sky looked from me, to Joe and then back up at me. Finally smiling.

"I'd love to." He said standing up and sliding his hands around my waist, as mine wrapped around his neck. We slow danced to the song, as everyone else just sat and watched. It was kind of amusing. Especially seeing Joe's face when we'd finally turned so I could see him. He was pissed. Which, just made me laugh. He didn't say I needed to be only his entertainment. :)