Family

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Giles suddenly reeled backward as the unseen demon punched him.

Buffy stood looking around.

Anya retreated behind the counter and lifted her weapon cautiously.

"It's over there!" Xander called.

"How many are there?" Giles asked.

"I'VE ALREADY BEEN INJURED ONCE THIS MONTH!" Anya shouted.

"Shut up!" Buffy said.

There was complete silence as Buffy looked around her.

The front door of the shop opened and Tara entered. She walked forward a few steps, looking anxious.

"Buffy, behind you!" Tara called.

A demon was standing immediately behind Buffy, she turned just as it grabbed her and threw her onto the table, she rolled off the other side of the table onto the floor.

Back in the workout room Spike was still fighting the second Lei-Ach. The demon punched Spike in the face several times; he flew backward and hit the wall. He noticed a rack full of weapons hanging on the wall and grabbed one. It looked a bit like a scythe, only with a short handle. The demon rushed at Spike but he kicked it and it fell to the floor. Spike lifted the weapon and chopped downward, making a complete mess of the demon.

In the main shop Buffy stood up.

"Tara, where is it?" Buffy asked looking around. "Can you see it?"

"Oh, God." Tara exclaimed realising her spell had prevented them seeing the demons that were attacking them.

Tara came forward as the demon punched Buffy in the face. The demon continued to attack as Tara rushed into the middle of the room and stopped, looking down to concentrate.

Panting, Tara said, "Blind Cadria, lift your veil. Give evil form..."

The demon turned away from Buffy to glare at Tara.

"... and break my spell."

There was a light flash in Buffy's eyes and suddenly she could see the demon, which was rushing at Tara. It hit her in the face; she went down. The demon turned back to Buffy, she punched it, and then it grabbed her arm and threw her to the floor, she rolled over several times.

Tara's father entered the shop, followed by Donny and Beth. The demon stood over Tara, who was still lying on the floor.

"Tara!" He said.

The demon looked up, rushed toward Mr. Maclay, he fell backward onto the floor. Then the shop door opened again and three more Lei-ach demons in came, Michael soon followed.

"Michael." Buffy called.

Michael drew one of his swords and advanced on a Lei-Ach. Michael grabbed the demon by the head and drew his sword across its throat, Michael cut deep and blood spurted out, as Michael finished his slice, a blood jetted out and hit him in the face. Michael turned to the other Lei-Achs, grinning insanely; his face was spattered with blood.

Michael knocked Donny out of the way as a Lei-Ach came up behind him, Michael raised his sword and stabbed the Lei-Ach in the face. He pulled the sword out and lunged at another, stabbing it in the shoulder. Michael pulled out the sword and proceeded to eviscerate the demon. Meanwhile Buffy was fighting with the last demon and not having much success.

"Michael." Buffy called again.

Michael yanked his sword out of the Lei-Ach and turned to the last demon, looking pissed off. He grabbed it with both hands, lunging at the final Lei-Ach. Michael droved the blade sideways through the Lei-Ach's neck, cutting its head off. Blood jetted out of its neck and hit Michael straight in the face, he spat out a mouthful of blood, and he then grabbed a handful of the Lei-Ach's clothes and wiped the blade and his face clean, before putting the sword away.

Dawn was peeking out from under the desk; Giles gave her his hand and helped her up.

"What in God's name are those?" Mr. Maclay asked indicating one of the demons.

Spike entered the main shop from the training room.

"Lei-Ach demons." Spike said.

Everyone looked at him.

"Fun little buggers. Big with the marrow-sucking."

Mr. Maclay got up; Tara was sitting on the floor, looking guilty.

"I don't understand." Mr. Maclay said.

Buffy folded her arms and looked down at Tara, "I'm not sure I do either."

"I'm sorry. I'm s-s-so sorry." Tara said sniffling. "I was, I was trying to hide."

Willow came forward and knelt by Tara.

"I didn't want you to see... what I am."

"Tara, what?" Willow asked.

"What do you mean, what you are?" Buffy asked.

Tara tried to speak but couldn't.

"Demon. The women in our family..." Mr. Maclay began.

Everyone looked up at him.

"Have demon in them. Her mother had it. That's where the magic comes from."

Tara looked down, and then looked up at Willow, who stared at her.

"We came to take her home before..." Mr. Maclay sighed. "Well, before things like..." he pointed at the dead demons, "this started happening."

"You cast a spell on us, to keep us from seeing your... demon side." Giles said, and then to Buffy, "That's why we couldn't see our attackers."

Buffy looked behind her at Dawn, "Nearly got us killed."

"I'll go." Tara said and scrambled to her feet. Then to Buffy. "I'm very sorry."

"The camper's outside." Mr. Maclay told her.

"Wait! Go?" Willow said and grabbed Tara's elbow. "I... she just did a spell that went wrong. It-it was just a mistake."

"That's not the point and it's not your concern. She belongs with us. We know how to control her... problem." Mr. Maclay said.

Willow looked at Tara in distress.

"Tara... look at me." Willow said and Tara did. "I, I trusted you more than anyone in my life. Was all that just a lie?"

"No!" Tara said tearfully.

"Well, do you wanna leave?" Willow asked.

"It's not your decision, young lady." Mr. Maclay said.

"I know that!" Willow said sharply to him, she had tears in her eyes. Then more softly, to Tara, "Do you wanna leave?"

Tara shook her head, crying.

"You're going to do what's right, Tara. Now, I'm taking you out of here before somebody does get killed."

Tara wiped her face on her sleeve.

"The girl belongs with her family. I hope that's clear to the rest of you."

Willow looked anxiously at Tara.

"It is." Buffy said and narrowed her eyes at Tara. "You want her, Mr. Maclay? You can go ahead and take her."

Tara was looking sad, as if that's what she expected. Michael was about to say something; he couldn't believe Buffy wouldn't help Tara. Mr. Maclay nodded in satisfaction.

Buffy whirled around to face Mr. Maclay, putting her hands on her hips.

"You just gotta go through me."

Tara looked up in amazement as hope began to grow. Michael thought this was more like the Buffy he knew.

"What?" Mr. Maclay said incredulously.

"You heard me." Buffy said.

Buffy stood there staring him down, looking very tough.

"You wanna take Tara out of here against her will? You gotta come through me." Buffy said evenly.

"And me!" Dawn said.

Tara smiled. Dawn walked up to stand beside Buffy. They both gave Mr. Maclay the same steely glare.

"Is this a joke?" Mr. Maclay asked and stepped down one of the stairs. "I'm not gonna be threatened by two little girls."

"You don't wanna mess with us." Dawn said.

"She's a hair-puller." Buffy said.

Dawn raised her eyebrows at Mr. Maclay. Giles walked up behind Buffy and Dawn.

"And..." he put on his glasses. "You're not just dealing with, uh, two little girls."

Tara smiled even more, everyone was rally round to help her out when she needed it most, it was more than she could have hoped for.

"You're dealing with a whole lot more." Michael said and crossed his arms across his chest.

"You're dealing with all of us." Xander added.

"'Cept me." Spike said.

"'Cept Spike." Xander said.

"I don't care what happens." Spike added.

"This is insane. You people have no right to interfere with Tara's affairs. We... are her blood kin!"

Tara looked at the floor almost ashamed of her family.

"Who the hell are you?" Mr. Maclay asked.

Giles, Dawn, Buffy, Michael, Willow, Tara, Xander, and Anya all stood together in a group, with Spike in the background.

"We're family." Buffy said.

Tara smiled through her tears; she looked at Willow, who smiled back. Tara was proud to call this small group of people her family.

Mr. Maclay looked angry.

"Dad. You... you gonna let 'em just..." Donny stomped forward. "Tara, if you don't get in that car, I swear by God I will beat you down."

"And I swear by your full and manly beard, you're gonna break something trying." Michael said confidently.

Donny looked cowed; he hadn't been expecting to be talked to in that way.

"Well. I hope you'll all be happy hanging out with a disgusting demon." Beth said.

Anya, from behind the counter, raised her hand, "E-excuse me. What kind?" Anya asked.

"What?" Beth asked.

"What kind of demon is she? There's a lot of different kinds. Some are very, very evil. And some have been considered to be useful members of society." Anya said and smiled proudly, Xander turned to smile back at her.

"Well, I-I... what does it matter?" Beth asked.

"Evil is evil." Mr. Maclay said.

"Well, let's just narrow it down." Anya said and Xander nodded.

"Ohhh." Spike said and looked around. "Why don't I make this simple?"

Spike walked forward and tapped Tara on the shoulder. When she turned, he punched her in the face.

Both Tara and Spike reeled backwards in pain. Tara grabbed her nose and Spike his head.

"Oww!!" Spike exclaimed.

"Hey!" Willow said angrily, then suddenly realizing. "Hey..."

"He hit my nose!" Tara said both hands over her face.

"And it hurt! Uh, him, I mean." Willow said.

Tara looked at Willow in surprise, she just realised what Spike had proved by hitting her in the face.

"And that only works on humans." Buffy said to Mr. Maclay.

Willow smiled at Tara.

"There's no demon in there. That's just a family legend, am I right?" Spike asked.

Mr. Maclay looked angry.

"Just a bit of spin to keep the ladies in line." Spike smirked. "You're a piece of work... I like you."

"I'm not a demon. Tara said softly, to Willow.

"You're not a demon." Willow said smiling.

"He hurt my nose." Tara said.

"Aw." Willow said in sympathy.

Still rubbing his forehead Spike said, "Yeah, you're welcome."

Spike stalked off and out the back of the shop, Tara and Willow smiled hugely at each other.

Buffy and Dawn stood in identical poses side-by-side, with their arms crossed, their heads cocked at the same angle, and the same steely glare on both their faces, Giles stood behind them, Michael just to their left.

"Mr. Maclay, I would say your business here is finished." Giles said.

"Tara." Mr. Maclay said.

Tara just looked at him.

"For eighteen years your family has taken care of you and supported you. If you wanna turn your back..."

Tara walked forward, "Dad... just go."

Mr. Maclay scowled, turned and headed for the door. Donny followed; Mr. Maclay paused at the door.

"Magic." He said disgusted.

Beth gave Tara a very dirty look.

"Are you happy now?" She asked.

Tara said nothing but a slow smile spread across her face.

The following day the Bronze they held a large party for Tara's birthday.

Xander wandered over to Tara, Willow and Kaz and handed Tara a drink, somewhere else Buffy was talking to Michael and Dawn.

Willow was laughing at one of Xander's jokes, judging by her expression it appeared to be simultaneously funny and disgusting.

Dawn went racing through the crowd and ran past Buffy, Giles and Michael; Buffy stopped her by grabbing her arm and shaking her head.

Willow sat blowing bubbles while Tara opened her presents, she admired the crystal ball from Giles. Dawn ran up to Tara, holding a broom with a bow tied around it, she stood so it was directly in front of Giles' face.

Willow and Tara took on Anya and Xander at pool.

Buffy stood leaning against a pole, watching the action with a smile; Michael came up behind her.

"Well, what a fun couple of days this has been, huh?" Michael asked.

"Yeah! I kinda feel sorry for Tara though, her Dad tried to trick her into staying at home to look after him by telling her she was a demon."

"It was kind of selfish."

They kissed.

A little while later Tara sat talking to Anya, who wore a party hat.

"No, see, cuz your insect reflection represents your insignificance..." Tara was explaining.

Anya nodded.

"In terms of the karmic cycle."

Anya nodded to show that she understood, and then pondered it for a moment.

"But it's still not funny."

Kaz, Xander, Buffy, Dawn and Giles were all round one table talking together. Michael went over with three blue plastic cups; he gave one to Buffy and one to Giles. Xander and Kaz already had cups.

Dawn sat with her back to the others, watching the crowd.

"This place is so cool." She looked at her hand. "'Cept I have to wear this stupid stamp on my hand."

"That's to keep you from boozing it up." Xander said.

"Oh please. Only losers drink alcohol." Dawn said.

There was a pause as the others took this in; all of them were standing there drinking alcohol. Dawn was cheerfully oblivious.

Tara and Anya still sat at the table talking.

"So what's an eagle reflection?" Anya asked.

"Umm..." Tara said not knowing how to answer.

Willow approached and came to Tara's rescue.

"My dance?" Willow asked.

She took Tara's hand and led her onto the floor as a slow song started. They began to dance. Willow had her hands on Tara's waist; Tara's hands were round Willow's shoulders.

"Good birthday?" Willow asked.

"Best birthday." Tara told her.

"I still can't believe you didn't tell me about your family and all that."

"I was just afraid if you saw the kind of people I came from, you wouldn't wanna be anywhere near me."

"See... that's where you're a dummy." Willow said kindly. "I think about... what you grew up with, and... then I look at what you are... it makes me proud. It makes me love you more."

"Every time I..." Tara took a deep breath, "even when I'm at my worst... you always make me feel special."

Willow smiled.

"How do you do that?" Tara asked.

"Magic."

They embrace and kissed, then put their heads on each other's shoulders, swaying to the music.

I can't take my eyes off you....

I can't take my eyes off you....

Can't take my eyes off you....

Can't take my eyes off you....

Can't take my eyes off you....

Willow and Tara were revolving on the spot, surrounded by other couples that are also dancing, but Willow and Tara are floating several feet above the floor.

At the end of the song someone spoke through a microphone.

"Can I have your attention please... YO CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE?"

It was Michael; he had gotten up onto the stage.

Once he was satisfied he had their attention he said, "Thank you. Now it's time for some live music.

Zim Zum, Kitty and Zodiac were the only three members of Zimkitty on stage; they were going to play a selection of cover songs by. They started with Sunburn, Zim Zum played the keyboard, Kitty played bass and of course Zodiac played drums.

Come waste your millions here

Secretly she sneers

Another corporate show

A guilty conscience grows

I feel a guilty conscience grows

She burns like the sun

And I can't look away

And she'll burn our horizons make no mistake

Come let the truth be shared

No-one ever dared

To break these endless lies

Secretly she cries

She burns like the sun

And I can't look away

And she'll burn our horizons make no mistake

And I'll hide from the world

Behind a broken frame

And I'll burn forever

I can't face the shame

And I'll hide from the world

Behind a broken frame

And I'll burn forever

I can't face the shame

In the middle of the song Zim Zum showed off his excellent piano skills with something different to the original.

After the song finished Zim Zum said, "I'd just like to say happy birthday to the cunt loving, woman fucking Tara, and this is Feeling Good."

Zim Zum started playing on the piano again, but he messed it up and stopped.

"Fuckitfuckitfuckitfuckitfuckit." Michael said annoyed.

He started playing again and got it right the second time.

Birds flying high you know how I feel

Sun in the sky you know how I feel

Reeds driftin' on by you know how I feel

It's a new dawn

It's a new day

It's a new life

For me

And I'm feeling good

Fish in the sea you know how I feel

River running free you know how I feel

Blossom in the tree you know how I feel

It's a new dawn

It's a new day

It's a new life

For me

And I'm feeling good

Zim Zum picked up a handset that was attached to a bullhorn and began singing into it.

Dragonflies out in the sun you know what I mean, don't you know

Butterflies all having fun you know what I mean

Sleep in peace when day is done

As Zim Zum sung he repeatedly hit the handset against his mouth.

And this old world is a new world

And a bold world

Zim Zum tossed the handset aside and sung into the normal microphone

For me

Stars when you shine you know how I feel

Scent of the pine you know how I feel

Oh freedom is mine

And I know how I feel

It's a new dawn

It's a new day

It's a new life

For me

And I'm feeling good

Zim Zum then went and got his guitar, he then went and bent down in front of the amp and started making a strange humming sound on his guitar. Zim Zum then showed off his guitar skills by making some fancy noises on his guitar and then they started playing In Your World

I'm hurting you again

Too lonely to pretend

Like everything is new

I promise you to

Blow it all away

In your world

No one is crying alone

In your world

No one is dying alone

Too broken to be loved

Too weak to sing along

I'll comfort you my friend

Helping you to

Blow it all away

In your world

No one is crying alone

In your world

No one is dying alone

During the song Zim Zum showed off more of his guitar skills by playing his guitar with one hand, on the neck.

After they played In Your World Zim Zum went back to his keyboard and they began to play Space Dementia

Height is the one for me

It gives me all I need

And helps me co-exist with the chill

You make me sick because I adore you so

I love all the dirty tricks

And twisted games you play on me

Space dementia in your eyes

Peace will arise and tear us apart

And make us meaningless again

You'll make us want to die

I'd cut your name in my heart

We'll destroy this world for you

I know you want me to feel your pain

Space dementia in your eyes

Peace will arise and tear us apart

And make us meaningless again

At the end of the song Zim Zum just went all out on showing off on the keyboard, his fingers flew across the keys, moving rapidly up and down the scale, then Zim Zum just hammered down the keyboard with the flat of his palms, then dragged his hands up the keyboard. He repeated this several times and then just continued hammering the bottom end of the keyboard for a few seconds before completely stopping. The people who were watching, nearly everyone in the Bronze, went wild.

"Thank you very much, cheers."

Zim Zum then went back to using his guitar; he used it to make an unbelievable high-pitched screeching noise. It was the introduction to Ashamed.

I know there's something I could tell you or tell me

I hope this matter private whose you're loving

We can blow up this now

It's all because of mine

Don't people change things

Cause I can't pray for

I never needed your cry

But I love your cry

Don't you want me? Cause I need you so

I know that you're ashamed

So romantic that accuse you

Don't you know that you're ashamed?

So romantic that you cry

There's always something that will makes you kiss me

There's also something that I would tell you or tell me