Far From Ordinary

Story Info
Being Odette is not always easy.
2k words
4.49
19.9k
13
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/26/2022
Created 07/12/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She ran down the stairs and barrelled through the heavy iron door, then halted to a stop.

Fuck! I'm late again, she thought. Quickly looking at her cell phone, which read that she was in fact a little bit more than late, she cursed loudly. Well better late than never, she snorted.

Odette was late for a meeting with her sister Claire, again. Claire is the younger sibling of Odette, different fathers, is in the midst of planning a mating ceremony to the leader of a smaller pack. Odette is still trying to grasp the fact her younger sister, by 2 years, has already found the love of her life before she herself even got the chance to start looking.

When first meeting them, the two could pass for twins, with their mannerisms and personality. When actually taking a look at the pair, you would say they couldn't be more opposite in physical appearance. Odette is taller, about 5'8, and has got long straight black hair, with a lithe, but toned body, here eye's are an unusual and rare colour of violet, a colour she shared with her mother. In contrast, Claire with her oh-so intimidating height of 5'3, light blonde hair with blue eyes the shade of faded jeans, and a body with a little bit more curve to it then Odette's. Together, they are a force to be reckoned with.

Inseparable since the birth of Claire, the two have endured quite a lot. Their mother died only but two years before. A terrible car accident, even with her healing abilities gifted to her by the were race, her neck had snapped and she died instantly. Although the wounds are still fresh, Odette & Claire have helped each other heal emotionally, & have become stronger sisters along the way.

Well here goes, Odette sighed.

She pushed the wide white doors open, her palms face up and arms spread out.

"I've finally arrived!" She exclaimed, a little bit too enthusiastic, for the people in the room did not appreciate it seeing as she was already 30 minutes late.

"It's about damn time, and my god couldn't you have dressed up a little for the evening?" Claire asked, as her eye brows rose. Odette had on a pair of sweatpants and a white tank top that plastered on her body, hair loose and flowing.

"Sorry, everything was a blur on my rush to get over here on time." She laughed at her own joke.

Even though she was mad at her sister for being so late, Claire laughed too. They embraced each other for a moment and got down to business. For the next couple hours, Odette helped Claire out with family to invite and friends as well etc. By the time they were finished Odette realized she was late for something else, a meeting with HER pack & their leader, Christian.

"Shit shit, I got to go NOW. I'm late again, big surprise there. I've got a pack meeting, and Christian is going to be so pissed that I'm late!" She spoke quickly, while gathering her bag and almost bursting out the door, yet again. For someone so tardy and almost clumsy, she was quite a good fighter and had unique abilities that could match some of the best men in their pack, even Christian.

She threw on the sweater she had in her bag, then bolted to the elevator and jumped in. While the door was closing a woman slipped through. One she was too familiar with already, Natalie. Great, this will be fun, she thought sarcastically. Natalie belonged to the same pack as Odette, but was of lesser rank. Natalie was drop dead gorgeous, and a total bitch to boot. She believed Christian was her toy, and she could play with him like a dog with a bone. But she was sadly mistaken. Natalie has been rejected publically by Christian more times than Odette would care to count, but she just kept going back for more. Even though her prissy behaviour was unattractive, she still managed to get the guys drooling over her like a big sack of meat. Odette had a higher rank because not only could she fight, she had some other special abilities too that was an extreme benefit to the pack, and Christian knew this, but that didn't stop him from taunting her with Natalie more often than necessary.

As Natalie slipped in through the doors so gracefully, Odette could've sworn she heard her make a disgusted scoffing sound in the back of her throat.

Well takes on to know one, Odette yelled in the back of her mind. Sometimes she envied Natalie, but then she remembered how much of a bitch she was and shook it off as a moment of hysteria.

"I see you're late for the pack meeting, what a shock." Natalie simply stated.

"I was busy, what does it matter to you, you're not there either." In fact why wasn't Natalie there?

"I'm not there because I choose not to be there, it's always boring anyways. If Christian gets mad because I missed the stupid meeting he can just teach me a lesson later." Natalie winked at the end of the sentence.

Ugh, Odette thought, you wish he would touch you.

In the back of her mind though, Odette knew that it was time Christian did find a mate, in fact it was a bit late for him, he'd have to do it shortly or pack would have something to say about it. Odette had always thought of Christian as gorgeous, but all the bickering got in the way of what might become a future mating. He loved to taunt her, and more times than once he'd gone a little too far, and so had she. They've also gotten to the point where pack members have had to step in because they would actually start a fight over something small and insignificant like coffee beans.

Even though Christian had rejected Natalie many times, she still saw the look of lust in his eyes when Natalie walked into a room, and that feeling struck a chord in her. She wanted that, she wanted to be the cause of that look in his eyes. But she knew it wasn't possible, she wasn't like Natalie, she couldn't catch men's attention like that, or so she thought.

When the elevator door opened Natalie brushed past Odette in an almost rude manor, and glanced back at Odette's clothing and did another one of those disgruntled scoffs and added to it a wicked smile.

Whatever. Odette stepped out into the cold night and started walking & thinking about her sisters mating. Then while she was walking, she just turned a corner, and then she was suddenly knocked to the ground brutally. Her back hit the ground with an ugly thud, which shot pain right up to her head.

What the fuck, she thought.

As she was being helped up with the hand of her bulldozer, she met the cold eyes of a young man. She knew that he was were by catching his scent, but she still felt an unfamiliar chill creep up on her while in his presence.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to crash into you like that, I should've watched where I was going." She said, while idly rubbing her lower back. Her head was throbbing for it lightly bounced off the cement ground.

"No, no it was completely my fault, are you alright?" He trailed off while looking her up and down, with a strange look in his eyes. Could it have been hunger?

"Nah, I'm fine, but I must run I'm late as it is, good-bye!" She yelled the last word as she started walking in the direction of her home.

When she arrived at the gates to the house, she leaned up against the wall and pulled herself together.

"Fuck, my head hurts", she hissed at herself.

She was beginning to slump against the wall, but she bolted upright and walked in the gates of the house and started trudging it up the driveway.

I can't let Christian see me, he'll tear me a new one for being late, she swore loudly as the pain in her head kept throbbing.

She finally got to the door, and walked inside. She had to walk right past the huge board room in which the meeting was being held, and of course the door was open. Although it wasn't really a door, just two huge pieces of wood, hung to the wall that were never really open or shut.

As she started walking slowly towards the stairs that were steps away, when a loud voice yelled and scared her so much she jumped, but she caught herself.

The voice was Christian.

"Where the fuck have you BEEN?!" He roared.

"I depend on you Odette, and you can't even show up on time for a meeting, get your ass in here and explain!"

She turned around and tightened the hood around her shoulders so it didn't show the tears that had slid down earlier, making her eyes a little red and puffy. She walked in the room and saw all of the disapproving looks of her fellow pack members.

As she went to go sit down, her head started spinning again and she wobbled a little bit, everyone in the room noticed.

"Are you kidding me? You show up late for a meeting and you're halfway hammered? Please sit down and tell us this evenings events." Christian said in a dangerously low voice, but everyone could hear.

"I-I'm not hammered, but-" she started, but didn't get the chance to finish, Natalie, the stupid bitch, cut her off.

"Right, that's why I saw you stumbling up the driveway, and talking to yourself" she stated, with just a hint of smile to her face.

"My god Odette, I'm starting to rethink your position, maybe I should take you down a peg or two for lack of obedience" Christian said, his anger still clear.

Even though it was almost inaudible, Odette still heard it. Under her breath Natalie had said "She doesn't deserve her rank anyways."

At this, Odette stood up, ripped off her hood and shouted, "I happened to hit my head off cement ground as a matter of fact, maybe that explains my wobbling because I can't fucking see straight!" Just as she finished the sentence she stepped back a little, wobbled then plunked down in the chair. She let out a painful noise as her vision blurred some more.

Christian's eyes softened and he came around the table to look at her head, but when he put his hand near her, she slapped it away viciously.

"Don't touch me" she spat. That's when the tears started leaking again. She rubbed her back, but the pain didn't ease

"Odette, I'm sorry to have yelled at you, I was angry you didn't show up on time. Again." He sighed

"It doesn't matter; I'll be fine in a couple hours. Just please stop yelling, my head is killing me and I think I have a concussion." She stated simply.

She let out a sigh and turned around to start walking up the stairs to her room.

When she arrived she stripped down to just her under garments, and the second her body hit the bed she was out like a light.

*********************

Christian dismissed all the pack members and headed to his own bedroom. When he sat down on his bed he started undressing.

How could I have been such an asshole? he thought to himself.

"She was late AGAIN! Damn it, god what is wrong with me, I just yelled at a damaged woman!" he said out loud to himself. He had noticed the bump on her head, and the small trickle of blood that had leaked into her hair.

Why had it hurt so much to see her in pain, and why was my wolf whining too? I hated seeing her upset, that's so strange. He thought.

Although it should have, it never occurred to him why exactly he cares so much for her.

I hope she's okay, I'll check on her in the morning, & just as that last thought entered his brain he laid his head on the pillow and passed out.

That night both Odette and Christian shared the same dreams. Dreams involving both of them, sans clothes, in-between the sheets.

Neither of them realising yet that they were meant to be mated, they just needed a little guidance.