Far Pangaea 87 : Phantom Limb

Story Info
Plant of attack. Flower plot. Venus Flytrap. Grave mistake.
14k words
4.75
9.5k
3
0

Part 87 of the 96 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/06/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,874 Followers

How long had the Ganthorian Scientist Harpea stared at the wall waiting on the dimension hoppers to return? Her constant flickering inner eyelids ceased function. In her tired state even her telepathy fell silent. Having used it recently to monitor her crew members. For some reason their thoughts were gradually fading away. In silence Harpea nearly dozed off. If not for a lone rabbit joining her in the X'Hal's corridor and placing its front paws on the wall as if expectant she might have missed it.

"Do you sense something Creature?"

Before even a very low squeal the wall coalesces a vibrant blue. Rabbits pour out by the dozens. Harpea was forced to step aside to give them room. Astonished she hears barking. Following the rabbits came the German Shepard Xander. Reacting to it Harpea winced. She had never met the dog before. Was it going to attack her? Instead the pooch collides with the wall on the other side of the hallway. Shaking its head with a whimper it peers at Harpea.

"Hello. Xander senses you are a friend."

His thoughts in her head made her stand up straight. Before she could reply to him another arrival. In leaps the primitive Moe who instantly begins rolling around on the floor happy to be home.

"Madness." Harpea whispers.

Seconds later Greta Winston steps through hugging the wall. She too glad to be home. She was followed by James Ian. Then, Ruby Goddard. Seeing them Harpea held her chest. A smile contained yet feeling relief.

"We're home." Ruby huffs holding James tightly from behind.

James pats her arms and carries her away with his shuffle, "We better step aside. Sophia might fall into us and her Tyrants might hurt anything in their way."

"Right."

Seconds later Sophia Ridge marches through pretty as you please, "Last call. Goodbye Avalon. Hello Pangaea." The portal dims behind her forcing her to turn toward the once blue wall caressing it, "See you soon Lover." Kissing the wall burns the print of her lips into it. A lasting impression.

"For the last time I'm right here." James had to rub it in.

"Oh yeah! Kiss me you fool." Sophia jests moving in to kiss James only to have Ruby defensively pull her son behind her, "Oh come on I was only kidding." She wags her tongue at James who swallows dryly.

"Enough! Harpea? Is everything okay?" The Colonel narrows her eyes.

"I regret to inform you that it is not."

"Harpea? Fill me in."

"Your friend Malcolm was returned to us from the hybrid Animahni. He has lost his body to an Osirian God. The effects of the fruit he ate has nearly left his system. He will surely die if Madigan Ridge does not successfully return with another apple."

"Dear God. Is he on the X'Hal or the X'Orr?"

"X'Orr." James answers for her, "I can hear his thoughts. So much pain Mom."

"Maddy went to the indoor Eden?" Ruby looks for confirmation.

"Yes."

"Wait! Guys?" James frets, "Remember the last time we went there something was alive. We never bothered to go back and check it out."

"Rabbits maybe?" Ruby eyed the furry friends still lingering around them.

"I don't think so." James holds his temples as if attempting a probe of thoughts in the area of the greenery site to the far end of their location. He heard nothing. Not even Madigan Ridge.

"How could Malcolm's body be stolen from him if he's here now?" Greta points out.

"It appears the Osirian God known as Atum has escaped his prison. He is a God that was turned into a gaseous state centuries ago. I myself did a study on Osirian mythology while in school. Somehow your friend was purged from his own body. Without further examination we cannot know how he can be in two places at once. I would say it is the apples assertion over his body. In its massive state I would educate that like an apple having its core so did Malcolm. He himself the core to the larger body."

"Oh that's deep." Ruby huffs looking at James, "Anything Brain Boy?"

"Nothing. The only thoughts I am picking up are Gaicazar's and a few Ganthorian's. Everyone else sleeping?"

"I had lost contact with my associates waiting here. Perhaps we should check on them." Harpea nods.

Ruby agrees, "Greta go hug your Man. Find out anything you can from him. James go check on your older self. Something doesn't feel right to me. Sophia find your Mom. Harpea? Let's go check out your crew and Malcolm's condition. I need to speak with Animahni. Wait! If they're here where is Cam and Elle? Ugh! No rest for the weary."

Deep within the exposed Osirian starship revealed amid the rubble of a concealing pyramid...

"Cameron? Are you here?" Sabbath Black and her companion the dwarf sized Werewolf Bogart Ross ease through the shadows, careful not to misstep and bury themselves under massive stones.

"My schnoz is picking up scents leading this way." Bogart sniffs at the ground.

"I too smell them. Yet, I sense death here as well. A very old death. Come Bogg let us track them."

"Right behind ya Hotstuff." Even a dwarf couldn't help but admire her curves. The Vampire living in the light of day was stunning. In a shimmering almost moist appearance to her lovely white flesh.

"Quit drooling Bogart."

"Hey! I'm a canine right now. Panting and drooling is a given."

"Dogs! I swear."

"At least I'm not humping your leg."

"Yet."

"Thanks for having faith in me." He growls. Lord knows he wanted to hump her leg. Dammit!

As they found their way through the stone corridors once locked away they discover a wall of glyphs. Searching it Sabbath senses certain glyphs having been touched by others. With nostrils ever so closely to each glyph she discerns who had recently entered. Discovering a moon she is drawn to it. Bogart standing upright also investigates the sign of the Jackal.

"Anubis I think." He wheezes, the dust making him sneeze. Placing an awkward looking hand upon the marking it gives way to a wall. Slipping open he looks up at Sabbath, "We going in?"

"Do we have a choice? We must help our friends."

"Your friends. I don't even know them. They good people? Not gonna scream and yell, WEREWOLF! are they?"

"Only if you hike your leg on them."

"Funny lady. Bite me! Not literally." Having already been bitten by another Werewolf years ago...okay time was irrelevant in Pangaea you get the idea. He worried what might happen should a Vampire also bite him. Would he become both? Bogg Ross was not the smartest fella in the desert.

Slithering through the narrow passage they enter the tombs. Immediately both of them felt a static in the air. Bogart's fur riling up and feeling strange. Sabbath's own hair the same. Her flesh gathering goosebumps for the first time that she could remember in her Vampire state. Uncommon to the living dead. She chalked it up to her ever evolving body due to Cameron Scott. The winged one that is. Maybe she was in a state of flux between life and death now. It was hard to tell. Occasionally she did feel her pulse flutter. Gone as fast as she examined her wrist.

"What's causing me to go all fuzzy?" Bogg whines.

"Energy. It pulses all around us. It is likely the corrupted machinery of this flying pyramid."

"We gonna get radiation poisoning?"

"I am deceased already. Does it matter? You however might want to dig a hole for your bones."

"HA! HA! You're on a roll. And, no I'm not going to roll over for you. Let alone play dead. Let's just find these friends of yours and get out of here."

"Doorways with markings. Cameron touched the Sun. Cameron touched the Falcon..."

"He likes touching everything don't he?"

Sabbath shivers not from a sudden chill but at the thought of his touch nearly ruining her, "His touch...while seductive is something I never want to happen again."

"So why are we here to help the guy if you're not that fond of him?"

"I am fond of him. Just not HIM."

"Huh?"

"Cameron Scott is two separate people. I will explain another day should we survive."

"Survive? Only I can do that. You're dead already."

"Please stop talking Bogart."

"I would if any of this made sense."

"Fine! The true Cameron Scott is a loving caring soul. Under the Fallen Angel Verago corrupted him . Assuming his body. Verago then courted the Vampire Queen Lilith and she gave birth to his child. Cameron was reborn as a cross between Vampire and Angel. While the real Cam somehow returned to life as well. Now both exist. Both charming but in different ways. One more concerned in his own desires however." Along their walk she discovers the Moon door. Touching it the door opens. A bright light forces Bogart to escape to the other side of the door and shake his head at the punishment to his eyes. Sabbath Black however chose to explore. Her own evolved eyes adapting well to darkness and light without strain.

Entering the room she locates a throbbing sarcophagus that was domed with a shielding of pure white. Drawn to it she peers inside to find a Mummified woman. Her eyes wide and looking horrified. As if she were buried alive. Almost pleading. Sabbath however could not decide if it was to be released or to be set free in another manner.

"CHOOSE DAUGHTER." Sabbath hears in her thoughts.

"Choose what? Who am I speaking to?"

"YOUR FATHER. OSIRIS."

"Not my Father's name. Where are my friends?"

"YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTER AWAIT YOU. CLAIM YOUR PLACE IN THE PANTHEON."

"My brothers and sister? What kind of game are you playing? This place is coming down around our ears and you want to toy with us?"

"NO GAMES DAUGHTER. SURVIVAL."

"For you or for they?"

"CHOOSE. THE TWIN MOONS WILL JOIN VERY SOON. WE MUST BE READY."

"You know of the two moons appearing these last few weeks? What is the meaning of them? Only one moon appeared for so very long."

"DIMENSIONS UNITE CHILD. TO SURVIVE THEM WE MUST WORK AS ONE. YOUR ENTIRE FAMILY."

"I think you're mistaken. This woman in the burial chamber here must be your daughter."

"INDEED. YOU ARE HER INHERITOR."

"Inheritor? What am I too inherit?"

"LIFE ANEW."

"You do know I'm dead already right?"

"YOU ARE NOT DECEASED CHILD. I CAN HEAR YOUR SOUL IF NOT YOUR HEART."

"Right. I share a soul with my sister. Gaea."

"THE EARTHEN GODDESS, YES. ARE YOU NOT NIGHT AND DAY? SHE AND YOURSELF."

"We...get along quite well. She was chosen to embody the true Goddess. I was chosen..."

"AS WHAT? SHE POSSESSES FAR GREATER POWER THAN YOU CHILD. SHE IS LIFE. YOU HOWEVER EMBODY DEATH."

"Yes. My sister was...is a Vampire too. She more purged than I. More in control over her dark side."

"DOES NOT THE SUN NURTURE HER GROWTH?"

"Yes."

"ALLOW THE MOON TO NURTURE YOUR OWN GROWTH."

"How would that be?"

"THE MOON CONTROLS THE TIDES. WITHOUT THE TIDES LIFE CANNOT BE."

"Tides? Have you not noticed we live in a desert? Water is hundreds of miles away. Save for minor holes. Miles beneath our feet."

"THE TIDES ARE NOT MERELY CONFINED TO WATER CHILD. TIDES CAN BE ALL MOVEMENT. EVEN TIME ITSELF. THIS IS WHY TWIN MOONS ARE SO VERY POWERFUL. WE MUST WORK TOGETHER TO SURVIVE WHAT THE TIDES WILL OFFER. IF NOT WE OTHERS SHALL USE IT UNWISELY."

"Others?"

"BEYOND OUR DESERT PRISON LIES MUCH. THINGS FEW OF YOU HAVE SEEN. MANY GREAT EVILS RESIDE HERE ON THE HEAVENLY PLAIN."

"Heavenly? Are we getting all biblical now? Surely, you Egyptians would not want a righteous outcome after the Exodus. Of course the Exodus I suppose has not happened yet."

"OSIRIAN NOT EGYPTIAN. OUR FUTURE GENERATIONS WOULD LIKELY ADOPT SUCH LANDS AND FULFILL DESTINIES AS THEY MAY. WE MUST BE MORE CONCERNED OF OUR OWN DESTINY. NOT ONLY OF THE TWIN MOONS BUT OF YOUR GRANDFATHER ATUM. HE WHO DESTROYS WORLDS AND CREATES ANEW. HE WHO INHABITS THE COLOSSUS."

"Malcolm's body. How was your Grandfather able to do that to him? He might die because of that."

"WE WILL ALL DIE IF ATUM IS NOT STOPPED. EVEN I AS POWERFUL AS I AM. TIME HAS WEAKENED ALL OF US I FEAR. STRENGTH IS NEEDED. LIFE ANEW. BY BRINGING OUR FAMILY TOGETHER ONCE MORE WE CAN STOP ATUM AND RISE ONCE MORE AS THE TRUE RULERS OF THIS ROCK."

"How can you be the true rulers of something you do not own? God created the Earth. I have faith in that. In him. Even though I am cursed in this abused body."

"NOW YOU UNDERSTAND. THE TRUE CURSE IS IN THOSE THAT HAVE USED EACH OF US. EVEN I. YES ANOTHER CREATED THIS PLANET. LEFT TO FESTER ON ITS OWN WITHOUT A RULING CLASS TO UNITE ITS PEOPLE. TO ASSIST IN MAKING THEIR LIVES WORTH MORE THAN MERE SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST."

"If that were the case why are you imprisoned here to die? Where is the respect the people gave you?"

"MY FATHER DESTROYED THEIR FAITH IN TRYING TO RECREATE WHAT WAS ALREADY DESIGN. WHEN WE CAME UPON THIS WORLD I HAD NO IDEA MY FATHER HAD STOWAWAYED ON MY VESSEL. HE REMAINED HIDDEN UNTIL THE TIME WAS RIGHT. YOU MENTIONED AN EXODUS. UNLIKE THE ONE CALLED UPON BY THE GOD OF CREATION MY FATHER RELEASED HIMSELF CONSUMING MUCH AROUND HIM. A LEECH UPON THE FLESH OF MAN IF YOU WILL. A TRAIT ALL OSIRIANS POSSESS IF TAUGHT HOW TO USE SUCH POWER. AS YOU USE BLOOD TO CONTINUE YOUR...LIFE EVEN UNTO DEATH, OSIRIANS TAP INTO THE LIFE FORCES OF ALL THAT IS. USING ONLY ENOUGH TO SUSTAIN. UNLIKE MY FATHER. YOUR GRANDFATHER. WE MUST UNIFY AND STOP ATUM."

"Is this woman in the sarcophagus your daughter? I always thought Khonsu was male."

"HISTORIANS ARE NOT ALWAYS ACCURATE. KHONSU IS INDEED MY BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER. TRAPPED DORMANT LIKE I BY THE ENEMY."

"Who is the enemy? Atum?"

"ONE ENEMY YES. THERE IS ANOTHER. ONE WHOSE NAME EVEN I MAY NOT SPEAK. ONE EVEN ATUM FEARS."

"Can this other enemy be used to stop Atum?"

"THAT ENEMY IS NOT ON EARTH. HE IS ON MY HOMEWORLD. HE THE REASON I CHOSE TO COME TO THIS PLANET DURING THE EARLY DAYS OF MANKIND. FAR LATER THAN THE TIME PERIOD WE RESIDE IN NOW. TIME...HAS MADE US ALL PRISONERS HERE. PERHAPS A THIRD ENEMY OF MAN."

Sabbath Black ponders his words as she looks down at Khonsu within her bed. Watching her eyes she sees the fear within her. What was it she feared? Atum? Her Father? Herself standing here who could easily kill her? The girl alters her expression to give enlightenment. Somehow, in an almost mesmerizing way the girls eyes go milky white and phase between one and the other as if the moons themselves. Darker, crescent moon, half moon, full moon, darker once more, eclipse. Back and forth. If not for Sabbath's ability to ignore hypnosis she might have gone under.

"What are you trying to tell me Khonsu?"

"SHE IS ATTEMPTING TO SHOW YOU WHAT WILL OCCUR VERY SOON UPON THIS WORLD. A CYCLE OF POWER COMES. MY FATHER SENSED IT AS WELL. HE WILL DO HIS BEST TO CONTAIN THE POWER FOR HIMSELF AND UTILIZE IT. LIFE ON THIS WORLD WILL THEN CEASE TO EXIST. THE FUTURE WILL NOT ARRIVE FOR MANKIND. ALL WILL BE FORFEIT."

"How can that even be possible? All of us come from different points in time. We know life carried onward from this point regardless of Atum. Regardless of any interference."

"THERE ARE FORCES AT WORK HERE WHICH WILL CHANGE THAT FUTURE. TIME IS THE ENEMY OF MAN. IT CAN BE CHANGED IN A HEARTBEAT. FOR MANY THE BEST WAY TO ALTER HISTORY IS TO COME TO THE BEGINNING. RESHAPE IT TO THEIR NEEDS."

"And, like the moon directing each tide, the ripples can move the beach in a way that changes its current look. Like a chess board. Grains of sand moved into a new position."

"LIFE IS A BATTLEFIELD. FORGIVE ME CHILD. WE MUST NOT TARY. ATUM GROWS STRONGER WITH EACH STEP HE TAKES. JOIN MY FAMILY."

"How? I'm not your blood."

"NO. HOWEVER, I FIND YOU WORTHY TO POSSESS THE SOUL OF KHONSU. AS I FIND YOUR FRIENDS TO BE ACCEPTABLE TO HOUSE THE SOULS OF ALL OF MY FAMILY."

"So, you're trying to steal our bodies so that you can live again. We all die for you to survive."

"YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD CHILD. I OFFER YOU LIFE. KHONSU OFFERS YOU LIFE."

"But, my thoughts and identity go away. I like who I am."

"NO CHILD. YOU WILL NOT GO AWAY. OUR SOULS WILL ONLY INHABIT YOU UNTIL WE CAN FIND A WAY TO SAVE OURSELVES. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. WE MUST JOIN TO COMBAT ATUM. TOGETHER. I OFFER YOU MY WORD AS KING THAT YOU WILL ALL BE RETURNED TO YOUR OWN LIVES. I HAVE EXPLAINED THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS."

"Let me see my friends before I decide anything. This cannot be my decision alone."

"OF COURSE."

Before she could turn away Khonsu ever so weakly raises her withered hand and reaches out to Sabbath. Sabbath hesitates touching her. Instead Khonsu poises a finger. Her exposed fingertip glows brightly like the moon itself. In revealing her other fingers the earlier effect within her eyes reroutes to her fingertips. A tiny orb on her tip moves from finger to finger. Again mesmerizing.

"What are you trying to tell me Khonsu?"

"SHE IS REVEALING THE MULTIVERSE TO YOU. GODS WE ARE. SCIENTISTS AND SEARCHERS. THE MOON PHASING WITH EARTHS SOLE MOON IS FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION. OTHER MOONS WILL ARRIVE VERY SOON TO JOIN THEM. ONCE THE ALLIGNMENT OF ALL DIMENSIONS OCCURS EARTH WILL BE NO MORE. A DECISION WILL BE MADE. IT IS THE ORDER OF ALL EXISTANCE. EVEN THE CREATOR MUST FOLLOW RULES."

"Creator? God? Atum?"

"ALL DEITIES. YOU MUST KNOW THAT IF GOD CREATED ALL. WHAT CREATED GOD HIMSELF?"

"Do you know the answer to that?"

"NONE MAY KNOW THE TRUTH. YET, IT IS OUT THERE FOR THOSE WHO SEEK ANSWERS. SHOULD THEY BE WORTHY AND SURVIVE THE KNOWLEDGE."

Sabbath hears a howl behind her and turns away. In the doorway she finds Bogart Ross still in his wolf form. Something was different about him.

"Bogart? What are you wearing?"

"While you were busy I checked out the tomb of Anubis. I believe in this guy Osiris. He gave me a new collar. I feel so alive."

She winces at the golden collar that flowed not just about his neck but down to his upper shoulders. It gleamed brightly. His eyes flaked in gold as well. Yet, he seemed to be the same old Bogart she was gradually getting to know. Turning her attention back to Khonsu she decides to take a risk. Even without her friends present to make her choice. Stepping closer Sabbath carefully takes Khonsu's hand. The weakened girl touches Sabbath's forehead while she leans in as if expecting a whisper. In the second sensation of a fingertip Sabbath's eyes turn white as Khonsu's had done. In her minds eye Sabbath Black saw the universe unfold before her thoughts. The beauty. The destruction. The inevitability. In the blink of an eyelid Khonsu turned to dust. A coalescing ball of penlight floats where her body had been. It enters Sabbath Black and resides. Sabbath stood erect and lifts her palms up before her eyes. She too felt...

"Alive. I can feel. Truly feel. The death inside is gone. Yet, I am still a Vampire. I crave."

"YES CHILD. KHONSU WILL FEED YOU. THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER NEED FOR INNOCENT BLOOD TO BE SHARED WITH YOUR PALATE. WELCOME HOME."

"I'm still Sabbath. Not Khonsu."

"YOU ARE BOTH. AS I PROMISED YOU WILL ATTAIN YOUR TRUE SELF. KHONSU ONLY RESIDES WITHIN YOU TO SURVIVE. WE MUST ALL WORK TOGETHER."

"Take me to my friends."

"RETURN TO THE CORRIDOR."

Leaving the tomb the door seals behind her. Once closed she lowers her gaze to Bogart who sat at her feet in a crouch. He looks excited. Panting wildly.

"Don't even think about it."

Bogart Ross pouted toward the floor with a whine. Sure enough he really wanted to jump on her and lick her all over. A dogs life. He would obey her though. Even if the true Anubis would take what he wanted. The issue simple. They were now related. Sort of. Hearing Osiris guide them the two made the journey through the labyrinth and discovered the great Hall. As a wall reveals a beautiful palace setting even they knew it was illusion. Once realization sets in she heard people talking. Voices she knew very well.

"SABBATH BABY?" Came two voices at once. Her brain cringed. Hands fly up in front of her defensively.

"STOP! I am no man's Baby. Cameron? Cameron? I care for you both but now is not the time."

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,874 Followers