Far Pangaea 88 : Celestial Assignment

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,875 Followers

"So it's beginning here. All of these Time Paradoxes I'm creating it seems a bit off schedule. Listen Evelyn. You cannot tell Lucas about our link. I've seen him kill my past selves. He's not who you think. For your own safety."

"I can't hide things from Lucas. We have adopted children to raise."

"Right. Okay, Evelyn? This might come as a shock to you but your husband is immortal I think. I've seen him in Nazi Germany as a member of the SS. I know I've seen him elsewhere further back. I'm just not connecting the dots. Every time I leap from Reflection to Reflection my thoughts get a bit cloudy. But, I know what I've seen. How else do you explain my entering your brain?"

"The Russians using mind control?"

"No. We can't blame them for this one. This is really happening Evelyn. Is Lucas on base right this minute?"

"Yes."

"Let's take a walk then."

"I don't have clearance where he is right this minute."

"We will have."

"How?"

Her body controlled James led the way. After scribbling something on the back of the manila folder James leaves her office carrying the gathered up files. He leads her toward a hangar where she is stopped by the appointed Guard.

"Relax Soldier. I'm only here to get my Husband's signatures on some important documents that can't wait."

"I'm afraid they will need to wait Mrs. Dorsey. I'm under strict orders not to allow anyone near that hangar."

James growls in thoughts shared, "Of course. No way would there only be one guard. He's not in the hangar. The X'Hal would never fit inside there. It must be cloaked."

Returning her gaze to the Guard she smiles and bats her eyes, "I know you're doing your job. So am I." A swift kick to the Guard's balls and an upper cut knocks the Man out. Retrieving his hand gun James forces Evelyn to hold it ready with her free hand. "You are going to get me killed. I will disgrace myself. My Husband's reputation..."

"Won't matter if this ship leaves here today."

"What ship? Why are we heading away from the Hangar? There's nothing out there but tarmac."

"Ye of little faith."

Headlong James guides her further and further out until more guards arrive. Fires shot into the air they order her to stop. Not wanting to shoot Major Dorsey's wife they gave chase to bring her down. Evelyn whined as James took her body into a run. With a shocking revelation the cloaking device deactivates around a massive starship. It was then that Evelyn Dorsey and the three running guards stopped cold in their tracks to behold the spectacle.

"It's true." Evelyn cringes within.

As a ramp lowers to offer up Lucas Dorsey on his way down in full military uniform James notices high up in a window the one person he needed at the moment. Using Evelyn to raise the folder to reveal a hand written message he shares it with the observer. Instantly read by uncanny vision and understood. The folder read, "PRINCESS KYM'ANI IT'S A TRAP. RUN."

Dorsey intercepts his wife and snatches the folder hiding it from his troops. All stunned by what was seen. They would never leave this base alive. A swift call to REGION made certain of that. Evelyn was forcibly returned to her office. She will have been found dead with the hand gun at her feet. Presumed suicide. None but Kym'Ani herself knew the truth. She took it to heart and discussed it with an Uncle on board. Of lesser Royalty. He however had no proof not having seen it himself. She would take measures into her own hands. While on board secretly Dorsey would never know of her existence there. Of course, he had read the file message and burnt it. Even before Evelyn Dorsey died she pleaded with her Husband to not go. Dorsey nodded at her with the kiss of a bullet to her temple.

"See you again soon Kid."

James had seen multiple Reflections die at this maniac's hands. Now that it was confirmed that someone within bodies of those near him were spying Dorsey offered insight to REGION. Orin Ridge would investigate further. Knowledge. Great Knowledge would circulate over the next few years.

James hoped what he did helped. Possibly. Probably not.

Pangaea. On board the X'Hal.

"Mom?"

"Over here Sophia." Madigan Ridge acknowledged her daughter. Sophia in turn following the voice into her private Meditation room.

"I'm sorry I took what you did so badly. You did the right thing saving Malcolm. James helped me understand that."

"Young James or Older?"

"Older. Why would I talk to the moron?"

"Are you really my daughter Piper Sophia? You certainly don't act like her. That boy will become the Man you pine for. Stop being so naïve."

"I'm not. I know he will. But, you have to understand that he changed a lot from what he is now. He's really immature right now. I like his older more confident swagger."

"Swagger? Sophia listen to yourself. I died. So did James. How either of us is still alive I have no clue. Yet we are. He is not himself. Undoubtedly his travel through time must have effected him badly."

"At least he came back to me."

"I came back to you."

"I know you did. Mom I love you. Ghost or living breathing Mother. That won't change because you gave up your life again."

"Could it truly be called a life? I switched places with my deceased corpse. Now that is not even an option." Madigan conceals Malcolm's rune theory not wanting to get her daughter's hopes up.

"I don't care. As long as I have some form of you to talk to. The same goes for James. Mom? I love James."

Madigan hesitates, "We need to set aside our feelings for anyone right now Sophia. With everything going on around us our world might be ending. Lucas Dorsey. Atum in Malcolm's body. The Pyramid situation. Now Briar tells us God himself is here in Eden."

"Really? THE God?"

"I would presume. Ruby and Gaicazar are headed there as we speak. Mal and Greta to the Pyramid. Our allies are dwindling and I'm still not certain if I trust the Ganthorians. I want to but they did come here with Orin Ridge. Whether she assisted or not Harpea allowed your Great Great Grandfather to murder the man you love. All for a taste of immortality? Godhood? Who knows."

"Wow! You're so right. Harpea did know what Gramps intended to do. I think I'll go pick a fight with her."

"It appears she is trying to redeem herself. Tread carefully Sophia. We do need the Ganthorians at the moment."

"Fine. I'll lay low. I'll just spend time with James."

"Sophia? Please keep your emotions in check. Do it for me."

Troubled Sophia wanted to choke up but couldn't, "I love you." She then turned and walked away. Madigan Ridge could only hope for the best.

Inside the X'Orr, Orin Ridge's suite to be precise.

"So what did you learn going up the Family Tree?" Young James dryly questions his older self.

Orin Ridge offers a confused expression, "What does that mean?"

"You sent our spirit up through all of our generations to warn people. To change our futures."

"I did?" Orin listened well.

"Yep. Last time you appeared yourself you were inside our Ancestor Merlin the Magician in Camelot. You gave me an incantation that might save Dad."

"Dad?"

"Yea Dad. As in Jack Ramse."

"Who?" Orin played dumb but relished in the new information offered up.

"Man what happened to you? Me. I can't even read your thoughts. It's like a dull white noise."

Orin shrugs and lowers his gaze carefully blocking his younger self's probing. He played it off as being shy and reluctant to relate.

"You showed me how to advance my telepathy. We used to be able to communicate with ease. Now nothing. Stranger still I'm not hearing the thoughts of anybody around me. The Ganthorians are numb in the head. Not even Harpea. We shared a link too. I don't think she realizes anything is wrong because it hurts her to use her telepathy."

"Good to know." Orin collects data within his own thoughts.

Young James sighs heavily, "Hey Me?" He pauses to close his eyes, "Let's both try not to hurt the girl we love. Okay?"

Orin in the elder James merely offers a clueless emotion. Sophia Ridge meant nothing to him. She was just a plaything. A very deadly plaything but he always did live dangerously. In this new body he opted to explore the potential. Maybe he had actually achieved immortality. If a dead body can be designated as immortal that is. For now Orin breathed through another's resuscitated lungs. Pumped his blood. The perfect vessel to sail.

With another fidgeting sigh Young James took his leave. What else could be said? Orin would say it for him.

"Loser."

Just outside Young James bulges his eyes, "How come I can telepathically talk to the babies and hear them? Why not...Oh crap."

Maybe not a loser after all.

Celestial City. Home to Lucas Dorsey. Ruler of Pangaea. Close enough to reaching the title of God. His throne room massive and laden in gold and precious gems. Before him dozens of concerned citizens from various worlds. All trembling in fear of his wrath.

"The colossus still looms Lord Dorsey." mutters the alien Oracle beneath his shadow, "He grows ever closer in his mighty stride. He will be here in time for the alignment. All may be lost to you."

"Then, we send an offensive." Dorsey looked bored, "High Counselor Y'Meer see to it that this giant is eradicated." The large bearded Pleidian departs instantly to set an assault in motion. Lord Lucas Dorsey without moving his gaze from the Oracle narrows his eyes, "As an Oracle you must know well the penalty for fearing that I may lose to anything. Anyone. What have you seen concerning this Oracle?"

"I shall take my life for being outspoken of your failure My Lord." The Oracle with three eyes reveals a large dagger and slits his wrists before an uncaring gathering.

"Insightful. Next?"

"Commander S'Lopp of the Hordakian Warship has again reported in. He has captured the human known as Jack Ramse and exterminated his followers. He will return to Celestial City at once." Offers a Hordakian Messenger.

"Well now! That is good news. A nuke was not even necessary. What of...the old one?"

"Forgive me Lord Dorsey, but I am unclear as to whom this Old One is?"

"Nothing. I'll speak with Commander S'Lope myself."

"S'Lopp...e will be informed My Lord."

"Good. Next?"

"The coronation festivities are as extravagant as you requested." Informs a Priestess of the world G'Raffti, a jungle world teaming with some of the fiercest warriors in the Universe, "The wedding dress is coming along with perfection. The future Queen shall be stunning."

"I expect none the less Longneck...I mean Ladronna. I am certain the Queen will love your cultural dances."

"Indeed. Gifts are also arriving from across this world."

"More slaves to finish off my tower in three days time?"

"Yes Lord Dorsey. Thousands have been hoarded on to slave ships and brought here. Put to work instantly. The Tower I am told is ahead of schedule."

"Perfect. Have a trough of wine on Me. You deserve it. Next?"

As the next in line steps forward a gong rings attracting everyone's attention. Dorsey looks around him then notes his Advisor pointing from the balcony behind him. Rising to join the Advisor Lucas Dorsey peers out over the dense jungle he had earlier surveyed in the blackness of night. A strange purple glow on the outer rim of the jungle amid mountain peaks catches their eye.

"Ahhh! My personal wedding gift has arrived. Nothing but the best for my Bride."

His Advisor notes a secondary purple hue lighting up miles from the larger one, "Yet another gift from My Lord?"

Dorsey winces, "Have some soldiers investigate that one. For some reason I do not believe it is as...colorful." Unconcerned further Lucas Dorsey returns to his throne, "Next?"

In a further part of the high rise palace Princess Kym'Ani is held captive to her stunning quarters via magnetic cuffs that allow her limited mobility. At least there were no dangling chains. Able to obtain fresh air from her own balcony she could only step to its threshold before the cuffs made her halt further advances. This to keep her from jumping to her death. Dorsey was quite protective of her. Mother of his only child to be in three days. Spotting the purple hues of both anomalies she wondered what it could mean. Had help arrived? She had long given up hope. As the lights faded so did her excitement. Her future was preordained.

Touching her belly she senses a sudden kick then peacefulness. It made her smile. Then, her belly lit up a pale blue which made her gasp.

"What is happening to me?"

Peace yet again. "You wish to meet your Mother?"

Kym'Ani had no idea how right she was.

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,875 Followers