Faro Summer

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Emily stopped her horse short and turned it to block Deerhorn's path. He expertly stopped his mount. Quinn rested her chin on her linked fingers as she watched. Gage turned his horse till he was facing Emily. The boss's eyes widened as he leaned across the gap to kiss Emily. Quinn stiffened as Emily appeared to return the kiss. She came to her feet, her hands pressed against the window as the kiss continued.

Quinn couldn't remember the last time she had felt the white hot jealousy that was racing through her veins as she watched the lovers kiss. She had conditioned herself to not become emotionally attached enough to be envious. She had lost count of the lovers that had filtered in and out of her life, but she had not become emotionally involved with any of them in many years. The sensation of jealousy made Quinn angry. Somehow, Emily Wilder had gotten under her skin.

Deerhorn's hand crept inside Emily's signature flannel shirt. Emily leaned into him. Quinn's fingers curled against her palms. Her body jerked in two directions as she watched. She trembled with anger. She felt possessive of Emily and hated the thought of anyone else touching the girl. At the same time, her mind imagined what the cowboy's hand felt. Emily's breast would be soft and pliable. The nipple would burn against the center of the palm. She felt anticipation thrumming through her body. Her body's excitement increased with every pulse beat. Her desire wrestled with her fury for dominance.

Her trimmed nails dug into the meaty part of her palm as Deerhorn moved his mouth along Emily's neck. The girl lifted her chin, tilting her head to give the boy more access. Quinn concentrated on the pain in her hands as she watched the drama unfold, wanting the rage to defeat the yearning, but before one of the emotions could win the battle, Emily changed the course of events. As Quinn watched, Emily pushed Deerhorn away. She backed away as she shoved his hands aside. Quinn relaxed her hands as Emily spurred her horse and began racing away from the boy.

Deerhorn did not give immediate chase. His mount danced in a circle and Quinn saw the puzzled look on his face. Quinn smiled. Obviously, Emily had given Deerhorn liberties before but now did not want his touch. Quinn felt a victory because she knew that she had made an impact on the girl. Deerhorn finally took off in the direction Emily had disappeared. Quinn shifted, wanting to see the outcome.

Emily had disappeared into the barn and Deerhorn followed. In a moment, Emily came out of the barn. Deerhorn was on her heels, talking as quickly as he could. He got in front of her, put his hands on her slim shoulders, and stopped her retreat. Quinn tensed again, not out of jealousy but because a feeling of protectiveness washed over her. Her gut told her that Deerhorn would not intentionally hurt Emily, but Quinn wanted to erase any possibility of emotional pain from the girl's life.

The realization hit Quinn with so much force that she sank back into the rocking chair. She didn't need to see the rest of the drama to know what would happen. Emily would brush Deerhorn away. Deerhorn would watch her like a lost puppy then run home with his tail between his legs. Had Quinn not been so dumbfounded by the depth of her emotion for Emily Wilder, she would have wandered if Deerhorn would follow her own example and find another girl to relieve the tension created by Emily.

Quinn rubbed her face and rose from the rocker. The view had changed. Both Emily and Deerhorn were gone and Quinn was relieved. She walked down the steps, trailing her fingertips over the wooden banister. As her eyes swept over the sparse living room, she pictured the changes that Emily could make to the house. Emily could make it feel like a home.

The rancher caught sight of her reflection in a mirror and paused to study her features. For a second she did not recognize the familiar eyes staring back at her. They seemed lighter and warmer than the last time she had taken the time to look. She shook her head in frustration. "You've got it bad," she said to herself.

There was no one there to disagree with her.

~

The big trailer made the gentle turn at the end of the drive and began rumbling toward the barn. Emily stopped repairing the fence and watched as Quinn's red truck rolled closer. Ike emerged from the office door, his hands on his hips, and waited patiently for his boss to circle the trailer around the yard and carefully back it into the fenced yard. Emily took a few steps forward, but stopped herself from intruding. Quinn climbed out of the cab of her truck and waited while Ike secured the gate on the yard. He crossed to the boss with a confident stride.

Emily allowed her eyes to study the duo as they talked. Her father had on cowboy boots, faded jeans, a plaid shirt, and a baseball cap. Emily reflected that it was obvious she had been raised by the man. He had certainly given her his fashion sense. Quinn had on her trademark black jeans, white blouse, and silver-tipped boots. Emily pushed her straw Stetson style hat back as Quinn entered the trailer. Ike went to the rear to open the double doors and lower the ramp to the ground.

Stomping and snorting echoed against the metallic walls. Emily leaned forward eagerly. Quinn had been gone for a week on a buying trip. Emily had missed seeing the sexy, intriguing woman over the last few days. She hated to admit to herself that she was growing attached to the new owner of Faro Ranch. She refused to acknowledge that her attachment had anything to do with sexual attraction.

Quinn backed down the ramp, giving Emily a full posterior view. Emily's eyes only lingered on the tight bottom for a moment before moving to the large black horse at the end of the lead rope Quinn gripped in her hand. The horse tossed its head from side-to-side and snorted, struggling against the guide. Ike came up on the ramp to help Quinn pull the magnificent creature from the trailer. Emily stood on the lowest rung of the fence and leaned forward to drink in the strong muscles and silken color of the stallion.

A few other cowboys joined the boss and the ranch manager in the exercise yard. Once Ike and his boys had control of the animal, Quinn climbed back into the cab of her truck and drove out of the yard. For once, Emily's eyes did not follow Quinn's every move. Instead, she was focused on the new acquisition. The animal was beautiful. It wasn't a Walker. Emily could tell by the way the animal fought against the restraints that it possessed a free spirit.

Emily watched until the cowboys and her father had the horse settled. The cowboys returned to their normal chores as Ike sauntered across the yard to his daughter. He removed his baseball cap and mopped his brow with a faded bandana. "I see that glint in your eye, Emmy," he growled. "You have plans for your future, and I hope they don't involve sweating over horses every day for the rest of your life."

She climbed up on the second rail and bent forward to kiss her father's cheek. "Don't worry, Poppa. I have no plans of letting horse or man keep me from vet school. I'll be Doctor Wilder." She folded her arms over the top of the fence and stared at the horse. "He is splendid."

"Faro Ranch is not in your future," Ike insisted. "You may spend the rest of your life doctoring horses, but not here."

"Here's not a bad place," she answered. "You've made me a strong woman here."

He carefully tucked the bandana into the back pocket of his jeans and replaced his hat, pulling the bill low over his eyes so Emily could not see the emotion burning there. "Strong, yes, but your mother would have seen to a better life than crawling in the saw dust."

"You did just fine, Poppa," she assured.

She saw a smile touch his face as he mumbled what she knew was a word of thanks before he walked away from her. He shuffled into the barn, leaving Emily alone with the stallion. She clucked her tongue softly, holding out her hand toward the black horse.

Sensing her, the animal shambled toward the fence. Emily allowed the creature to sniff her outstretched fingers, then gently turned and stroked the smooth muzzle. "There you go, old man, that's the way. Easy. Easy, fella."

She was bent far over the top railing and gave a little yelp of surprise when hands touched her hips. "Easy, yourself," a soft voice whispered, fingertips gripping tight enough to prevent the girl from falling. Emily looked over her shoulder as Quinn's hands drifted from her hips to caress the round curves of her rear. Two fingers rubbed against a spot worn thin, then slipped into the hole in the denim. Emily held her breath as the fingers touched her bare skin. "What do you think of my new acquisition?" Quinn quizzed as her hands continued to roam.

"He's beautiful, spirited, and strong," the girl answered, shifting her hips slightly. Quinn placed her hands about Emily's waist, holding her steady as she climbed until her feet were touching the ground. "He's not a Walker."

Quinn stepped closer as soon as Emily was settled, pinning the girl against the fence. She pushed her hips forward and Emily felt the hard bulge pressing against her bottom. For a moment, Emily's body betrayed her. She pushed back, settling the rod against her intimate parts. She heard Quinn grunt in satisfaction. "Your father suggested the ranch would be more successful financially if I took in some different animals. He's a race horse."

"I can tell," Emily answered. Quinn began moving her hips in a slow back and forth motion that took Emily's breath. "Does he have a good lineage?"

Quinn's breath was short as she answered. "I didn't pay attention. The horse trader rambled about something, but it was meaningless to me. I've never followed horse racing. I just looked at the animal. He looks fast and smart."

"You are an excellent judge of flesh," Emily faltered at her wording and quickly corrected herself. "Horse flesh, I mean."

Quinn chuckled lightly, her fingertips flexing against Emily's sides as the rancher continued the teasing thrusts. "He likes you. Do you have any suggestions for breaking and training him?"

Emily opened her mouth but quickly clamped it close as a low moan escaped from her throat. Quinn laughed again, the sound low in Emily's ear. A shudder raced through the girl's body. "I think to properly break an animal you must be gentle and firm simultaneously. The whip and crop should only be used for guidance." Emily turned her head toward the warm breath tickling across her cheek. Only inches separated her from Quinn's lips. Her eyes touched them and then dropped as she continued her answer. "Breaking is about control, not about quenching the spirit."

Quinn's voice was low as she responded. Emily thought her boss was struggling for control. "I agree." She suddenly backed away. Emily felt the absence as she turned her eyes back to the stallion. "Let's go for a ride."

Emily bowed her head and allowed her shoulders to slump as Quinn walked toward the barn with purpose. Once alone, she struggled to catch her breath, panting softly. Her muscles were tense and her stomach tight. Between her legs, her lips tingled and throbbed, begging for attention. Only Quinn's attention would satisfy the needs drumming in her body.

Certain she could walk, Emily pushed away from the fence and followed Quinn into the barn. Her boss had already pulled two horses from their stalls. She had saddled one, a handsome chestnut that Quinn used to inspect the ranch and exercise. The other horse, Emily's red mare, had a harness and reigns but no saddle.

Emily stood beside her horse, rubbing the animal's velvet nose and whispering softly. She bit her lip when she felt something touch the inside of her knee. The object glided up her thigh and then down the other. The object glided up again and rested against her sensitive lips. Emily hung her head. "Why do you always come to me from behind?" she demanded softly.

The crop continued its steady, teasing path. "Because you run from me when you see me coming."

Emily spun to face Quinn, but did not have any words to defend her actions. She had run from her boss. She stared up into Quinn's dark eyes, unable to form any lies or excuses. Wordlessly, she swung onto the back of her horse, breaking the powerful gaze that Quinn held.

Quinn lifted herself onto the chestnut and spurred it forward. Emily followed and the duo raced from the barn. They galloped over the gently rolling landscape of Faro Ranch, away from the barn and the house and the dormitories where the cowboys stayed.

Emily felt the powerful muscles of her mount rippling beneath her thighs. The rolling motion of the animal's spine against the juncture of her legs only heightened her desire. She forgot about Quinn as she forced the mare to go faster. Her breasts felt heavy and her cheeks flushed as she rode harder. She was grateful the pounding hooves of the two horses drowned all sound as she moaned in sweet pleasure. She finally slowed as her body crested and exploded.

The girl slumped astride the horse as the animal came to a stop. Hands wrapped around her waist, pulling her from the mare. Quinn held Emily upright with one strong arm. The boss's free hand came up to touch the fevered cheek. "Are you all right?"

Emily nodded weakly, leaning against Quinn's body. Together, they slumped to the ground. Quinn knelt, keeping her arm about the girl. The sat in silence for a few long moments and the quiet was peaceful. Emily was the one to break the stillness. "I'm so embarrassed."

"Don't be," Quinn assured as the girl struggled to sit up under her own power. Emily's hand slipped and fell against the hard rod that Quinn wore beneath her jeans. Emily jerked her hand away, but Quinn grabbed it and pulled it back. "Are you curious?" she asked as she pressed the girl's palm against the shaft.

Quinn held Emily's hand in place, her palm curled around the thick package. Emily did not relax but she did not pull away as Quinn started talking. "I think I will build another stable here."

"It's very far away from the present stable and the hands," Emily mused. "Is it for the race horses? There's space near the exercise yard for a separate stable."

"It's for a different kind of animal," Quinn answered quietly and vaguely. "Your father and his cowboys will not be required."

"I don't know that Poppa will like that," Emily chuckled. "He likes to know what is going on in every aspect of this ranch."

"Your father is an excellent manager. He understands the animals and the business, but Walkers are not my only business. It'll be a small stable. It will only require four stalls and a training room." Quinn grunted softly and shifted her hips. She released Emily's hand, but the girl did not pull away. Instead, the small hand began rubbing up and down against the long shaft.

Quinn reached down to lower the zipper of her tight jeans, pushing Emily's hand far enough aside to pull the dildo free. Emily hesitated a moment before returning her hand, surprised at the soft material that covered the rod.

The sound of a motor forced the intimate moment to end. Emily jerked her hand away and sat up quickly, allowed her long hair to hide the blush in her cheeks. As the motor grew louder, Quinn tucked the piece back into her pants. She lounged on her elbows as an ATV topped the nearest hill and sped toward them. She quickly masked the fury she felt as she made out Gage Deerhorn astride the four-wheeler.

Gage skidded to a stop, surveying the scene. "Emily, are you all right?" he asked urgently, putting on the brake and hurrying to Emily's side. He knelt beside her, taking her hand and lifting her face.

"She got a little tired while we were riding," Quinn growled, rising to check on the chestnut so she would not have to look at the intruder.

"I'm all right, Gage," Emily assured, allowing him to pull her to her feet.

He looked at her doubtfully. "I think you should ride back to your apartment with me. Miss Quinn, you don't mind to bring back Sally, do you?" he asked, indicating Emily's mare.

"Of course not," Quinn answered through clenched teeth.

"Don't be ridiculous," Emily inserted. "I can ride Sally back. Go on, Gage. We'll be in on our way shortly."

"I'll wait and ride with you."

Quinn swung into the chestnut's saddle, her eyes cutting to Emily. Emily gave the boss a helpless look, but allowed Gage to help her remount. Quinn took her crop and slapped it against her mount's hindquarters, speeding toward the barn and leaving Emily to watch the dust rise and fall behind her.

"What was that about?" Gage questioned as he made sure Emily was secure on the horse. He looked into her face, cocking his head to one side with a quizzical expression.

Emily knocked her heels against Sally's side and rode away from Gage before he could recognize the look of satisfaction in her eyes.

~

Charley Quinn was in a foul mood. She'd lost count of the number of weeks her anger and frustration had been building. She could feel it coursing through her body with every beat of her pulse. Her blood carried her fury. Her muscles were tense. She'd tried to work the irritation from her system, but it only built. She knew she was about to explode but did not know what she could do to release the safety valve on her boiling wrath.

She had been unable to find a moment alone with Emily since Deerhorn had interrupted them. The boss didn't know if the girl was attempting to divert future episodes by insuring Quinn did not have an opportunity to approach or if Deerhorn had decided he couldn't trust his girlfriend alone. Quinn's body needed Emily. The girl was the only receptacle that would be satisfactory for the rancher's pent up energy.

The Fourth of July had been the worst. Ike had fired up the big barbeque and the cowboys had slaughtered a pig to roast. The delectable aroma had floated across the ranch, the only distraction from the food a refreshing dip in the large pool that Quinn had installed. Emily, her skin bronze, wearing a red and blue bikini with large white stars on the cups of the top had driven Quinn to distraction. Deerhorn had stayed within a few feet of the girl all afternoon and Quinn couldn't blame him. If Emily belonged to her, she'd never let the girl be far away, either. Quinn had finally left the party. A few phone calls had found her a willing partner, but her anger had been so great that the experience had been a waste of money.

Quinn walked around the frame of the new stables. The construction was going well but she could find no satisfaction in the accomplishment. All she could think about was the fact that summer was ending and Emily would be heading to vet school. The boss rounded the corner and stepped into the training room, her boots echoing on the hardwood floor as she stormed through. The walls of the training room were completed. Quinn climbed up a ladder and began fixing hooks along the wall at different heights.

Quinn had torn emotions about summer ending. She would miss being around Emily when the girl left for Knoxville. At the same time, she hoped that if the girl was out of sight, she would also be out of mind. That might put Quinn back into her normal mental and emotional state.

The door burst open and Emily exploded into the room. Her head swiveled until her eyes landed on Quinn. "You fired Gage?" she yelled as she tramped across the room.

Quinn didn't stop working. "This is my ranch."

"You can't fire Gage because you are pissed at me."

"You over rate yourself, girl," Quinn answered. She laid her tools on the ladder and climbed down the rungs. "This is my ranch and I run it the way I want to. Deerhorn was having a little too much to say about my operation procedures."

Emily tracked Quinn's movements with her eyes. "And your decision had nothing to do with him interrupting us? I have a hard time believing that."