Fate and Armageddon

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
IronDragon
IronDragon
1,602 Followers

"Yes. I would like to know why the man who saved my life is now planning to kill me."

"Was. Not is."

"What changed your mind, then?"

"You did. You have no sin in you. You have never harmed another in your life. Your soul is pure."

"Are you an angel?"

"No."

"Are you a demon?"

"I've been called that, but no."

"Then who are you, Alec?" Her questioning voice was now a whisper.

"I am an assassin older than time itself. Now you will think me insane, but you wanted the truth."

She smiled and shook her head. "Seriously, Alec. Who are you?"

"I cannot tell you without showing you first." I said as I stood up from the chair by her bed.

"My name is Bazael, Sharon." I closed my eyes and let the change happen back to my original form. I opened my eyes to see her smiling at me in wonder.

I had changed not at all in shape or form, but for my skin, hands, and my face. My skin was now golden in color and myface had light horn ridges above my eyebrows and jutting from my chin. Twin spires of bone that met in a point below my chin. My eyes, as green as the richest emerald, remained unchanged.

"Alec, you aren't human." Her voice held no fear now, only wonder and... something else.

"No, Sharon. I am Setian." My voice had deepened somewhat with my transformation.

"Who are the Setians?" She asked.

I sat back down in the chair. "It is a long story, Sharon." I smiled.

"It's Saturday, and I don't have to be to work until five tonight."

"Very well. I'll tell you of my people and of what we, and I, have done throughout your history. When I am finished, you will hate us for what we have done."

"Alec, you saved my life last night. I won't hate you."

"When I finish my tale, you might have a different opinion." I warned her.

"Just tell me, please?"

The look in her eyes was both accepting of me for what I was and pleading with me to tell her of myself and my people.

"It started twelve thousand years ago, when Mankind first came to Earth...."

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3: The Domino Decree

"Before Mankind first came to Earth in their great stone ships, we, the Setians, lived in harmony with nature. We lived for hundreds of years, but we were not immortal. Our Magic was born of Earth Mother, and was nurtured by our Elders who commune with her still to this day. When the Invasion and Genocide began, Mankind was looking for the source of our Magic. The Council of Thirteen had received a Prophecy of the Invasion, and the Gathering was undertaken. As Mankind started to slaughter us from on high, The Ten Thousand were gathered. It had been millenia since we had fought a war, but I was brought into the Ten Thousand as a warrior, skilled in combat from years of training. But not before I saw my wife and son slaughtered in a strafing run by one of the small stone ships the invaders flew. Jarielle, my wife, had my son Brenael by the hand and was reaching for me as we ran towards each other. But when the ship attacked, they died in fire and flames."

Sharon got out of her bed in just her underclothes and pulled me to my feet. She hugged me, and I was nearly overwhelmed by her gesture. I gently pushed her back and sat her down on her bed as I sat down in the chair again before continuing.

"My tale isn't finished yet, Sharon. After that, the Ten Thousand began training in secret, far underground where Mankind could not reach us. We had food, shelter, and solitude to train and prepare. When another thousand Setians were brought in, however, it was not for their safety. They were brought before the Council and made to sacrifice their lives for a Spell of Clouding, which hadn't been used in eons, but was the only way to protect the rest of the cosmos from Mankind. We knew back then that Man had come to Earth in its entirety, having destroyed their home planet already. The Elders foresaw their... your demise, and that we would catalyze it. We would not destroy Mankind, but we would cause them to destroy themselves. 'Mankind will find Destruction or Redemption by their own hands. With their Destruction, Setian Life will return to the Earth, and we shall thrive again.' That was our prophecy, Sharon. I was one of the Assassins that would divide the world and see Mankind fall. There are others as well. The Ten Thousand live amongst you today. What I have done over the millenia is beyond forgiveness, though. Even with the promised return of our culture when Mankind is destroyed, I would have no place there."

"I can't believe that you would ever hurt someone who didn't deserve it, Alec." Sharon was holding my hand in hers. My claws had grown when I transformed, but my hands remained mostly human looking.

"Jesus died because I manipulated his people into turning against him. Hitler came to power through my machinations and whispers of power in his ear. President Abraham Lincoln died thanks to me whispering words of death and destruction in the ears of John Wilkes Booth. John Kennedy, I assassinated myself, and Lee Harvey Oswald was my accomplice. I fired the killshot, though. Robert Kennedy died when I poisoned the mind of Sirhan Sirhan. If you want a complete list of my sins, Sharon, we will be here for a month or more."

As I had predicted, her eyes had gone wide and she was looking at me in fear again.

"Why did you kill them? They were good men!"

"Some were. Some were not. They were all to be the Father of the Redeemer, though. John Kennedy Jr. died after I sabotaged his aircraft, since it was rumored that he could have been the redeemer. Do you see now, Sharon? I have fought a war in the shadows for so long that there is nothing of the man I was left inside me. At least not until I met you. I don't expect your forgiveness for what I've done. I do expect you to please accept my protection until you meet the man who will father your child and redeem Mankind. If I cannot have Redemption for what I have done, Mankind will, and I swear it by Blood and Stone."

I saw the look of abject terror in her eyes and realized that I had snarled my Oath. I closed my eyes and calmed myself. I achieved the inner peace learned over the thousands of years since my birth. "I apologize for that, Sharon. I didn't mean to scare you."

Her hand was still holding mine, and she squeezed it gently. I opened my eyes and looked into hers.

She had tears falling from her eyes with a sad smile on her lips. She leaned forward and knelt before he as her arms went around me. My arms came up around her back, and the softness of her skin under my fingers overwhelmed me. Everything about her overwhelmed me. Her beauty of body and soul. Her touch. Her skin. Her scent of roses and jasmine. Her soft breath on my ear. Her hands on the back of me neck and head. Her fingers in my hair.

"It's ok, Bazael. I can't judge you for your past. It's not my place. I also can't judge you for what you are. I know that you will protect me."

"But for what I've done, Sharon?"

"That's in the past now. You aren't the same man you were then. You said so yourself."

It was true. I wasn't the same man I was two days ago. When I saw her and scanned her soul for the first time, I saw something I hadn't seen in so many years, I had nearly forgotten what it was. Hope. Not just her own Hope. Hope for everyone. Human and Setian alike.

I felt their presence before they struck, and pushed Sharon to the floor as her door burst inward in splinters. I rose to my feet and looked at her. "Stay down!" I shouted. I turned my attention to the door, and saw them. They had dropped their disguises and were advancing on us. I stepped between them and her.

"Let us have her, Brother."

"I cannot do that, Dathael. She is to die by my hand, or not at all. That is the Order of the Elder." I snarled at one of my oldest friends.

"Bazael, why do this? You cannot save her. You would risk the destruction of us all over a human woman? Why?"

"She is innocent, Dathael! Scan her soul yourself! She has no darkness in her. No evil! I will not slay the purest soul on this Earth!"

I saw his eyes go silver as he scanned her himself. "Bazael, you are correct. She has no evil upon her soul. Yet still she must die before she gives birth to the Redeemer. Stand aside, Brother. We will be quick, and she will feel no pain." His tone was soft and full of regret.

"I cannot, Brother. Forgive me." I moved like lightning and impaled my Brother Dathael through his chest with my claws. Tears fell from my eyes as I slew Rahael and Burielle as well. I fell to my knees as their bodies disintegrated, leaving no trace of their existence. I cried for them and for myself. They would only live on in my memories now.

Sharon wrapped her arms around me from behind, and held me as I wept.

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter 4: A Gift or a Curse

We had no choice now but to run. My Brothers and Sisters in the Ten Thousand would hunt us. I knew this for a fact. None of us had ever 'gone rogue' until now. I was the first, and I would assume, the only Setian to turn his back on our Holy Crusade. Not only had I turned my back on it, but I was now harboring their greatest enemy, protecting her from harm.

Sharon was ready to go, having packed her bags. I had a list of safe houses that only I knew about where I would go to ground after a successful assassination. We would hide out in one of them, then move to another before we were found out. I changed back into a human guise and we were on our way as soon as she had packed all her necessities.

She leaned up and kissed my cheek. "Thank you, Alec." I found that she would call me Alec when I was human, and Baz when I took my true form.

"Do not thank me yet, Sharon. Save your thanks for when you have your child. Your child, be it male or female, will redeem Mankind." I said it to her kindly and stroked her face. She reminded me so much of Jarielle.

We went from her apartment then and made sure nobody would recognize her. We would need to stay as well hidden as possible. She asked if we could go back to the diner to say goodbye to Jerry, but I had to refuse her.

"We can't, Sharon. They will be watching the diner and soon your home. We have to leave the city behind." I was still speaking to her kindly and gently, and she realized I was right. I had a place we could stay at until nightfall, so I took her there. It was my penthouse apartment, and I had a lot of supplies and firearms there.

The doorman let us in when we got there. "Heya, Mr. Bastion. Good to see you again. Who's the lady?" Jim asked as we got to the door.

"She's a friend, Jim. Thank you." I handed him a ten dollar bill as a tip.

"Thank you, Mr. Bastion. You two lovebirds have a wonderful day." Jim smiled as we nodded to him and went to the elevators. I closed my eyes, but didn't sense any of my brethren, so we were safe for the moment.

"He seems nice." Sharon said.

"Jim is a good man. He has very little evil in him." I informed her. "He loves his wife and children, and would do anything to keep them safe."

"You can tell all that about someone?" She asked.

"I can, and I also talk with him a lot. He's the closest thing I have to a human friend." I admitted. Sharon was surprised.

"I didn't think you looked at us as anything other than murderers and invaders."

I laughed quietly. "Sharon, I gave you my people's perspective earlier, and my own as it was at the time. I believe there is good in Mankind, and you are the purest soul I have ever met. I dream of the day when I scan Mankind and see more light than darkness in their souls."

She put her arms around me again. Her head leaned against my shoulder. "So do I, Alec," she said quietly. I found myself once again with my arms around her as well. Jarielle. I could feel her when I closed my eyes with Sharon in my arms. Their souls were the same bright light of life and love.

The elevator finally came, and we entered. I hit the penthouse floor and we went upward quickly. She took my hand in hers as we rode it upwards, and interlaced her fingers with mine. I had seen lovers do such things, but I allowed her to do it. If it meant I could keep her safe, then I would allow her to do whatever she wished.

I smiled as we reached the top floor with my penthouse apartment. We stepped out of the elevator, and I unlocked the door.

Once inside, I showed her the bedroom, and told her I would take the couch.

"Alec, please. You don't have to sleep on the couch on my account. The bed is big enough for two." She smiled at me.

"Sharon, it wouldn't be proper." I said gently.

"Why not, sweety? Because we aren't married?"

"Because you don't love me." I realized in that statement that I was falling in love with her. I believe she realized it too.

"Alec, you are a strong, caring, decent man. Beneath the Council's Assassin lies the heart of a good person." She put her hand over my heart, and I closed my eyes again. It was exactly as Jarielle had done. A thought occurred to me and I looked deep into her eyes and soul as my eyes silvered over.

"Jarielle?"

"No, Alec. I'm Sharon."

"Please forgive me, Sharon. You remind me so much of her." I turned my face away before she could see me blush like a boy in love for the first time.

"You love her a lot." She said it as a statement.

"I do, but she's been dead for twelve millenia. Sharon, please forgive me. I see her when I look at you. You have the same kind of soul."

"There's nothing to forgive, Alec." She took my hand and turned me to face her. "I'm not her, but I know what she saw in you."

Her hand went to my face and stroked my cheek as she tilted her face upward slightly. Our lips met and parted slowly as her tongue slipped into my mouth.

I closed my eyes and was once again kissing Jarielle. Her tongue felt the same and tasted the same. My arms went around her waist as hers slipped up and over my shoulders.

I kissed her passionately as if she was the only woman on Earth. At that moment, she was to me. I held her close as our tongues danced together in the dance older than time itself. She moaned as we kissed and pressed her body to mine. She rubbed my hardness with her belly, and I loved how she felt against me. Sharon was not Jarielle, but I felt as if I was holding my wife again.

She broke the kiss and pulled back slightly. "Make love to me, Baz. Please." She looked up into my eyes, and I realized that during our kiss, I had let my guise drop. I could see my reflection in her eyes. She looked at me as Jarielle had when she wanted to make love.

"I will, Sharon. Tonight and for all time if you so choose." She nodded at that and took my hand, leading me to the bedroom.

We undressed each other slowly, taking our time. I explored her as she explored me. I could feel the warmth of her breasts and her hardened nipples against my bare chest when she pressed her naked body to mine. I sat on the edge of the bed with her and we kissed as deeply and passionately as I had ever kissed Jarielle. But Jarielle was no more. Sharon, however, remained with me. I kissed Sharon lovingly and tenderly, my hands roaming down her beautiful body.

I no longer cared that she was human. I cared about her and loved her as I had never loved any woman since my wife died. I lowered my mouth to her breasts and sucked her nipples between my lips. I licked and sucked around them and bit gently. She moaned in pleasure and held my head to her bosom. I moved my hand down her belly to between her silky thighs, and she spread her legs as my finger slipped into her. She was wet already, and I inhaled the scent of her arousal. She was not afraid of me. She was not disgusted with me either for my appearance or for what I had done. All I could sense from her was acceptance and love.

"I am a virgin, Bazael," she said, but it didn't surprise me.

"I know, Sharon. Your purity of spirit is completely untainted, and you would never make love with anyone unless you had love in your heart."

"I love you, Bazael. I need you inside me. I want to give myself to you."

"I love you as well, Sharon. I will take what you offer and give myself to you in return."

I moved on top of her and slipped the head of my hardness into her slowly. She gasped and looked into my eyes as I penetrated her to her maidenhead. She smiled and kissed me passionately as I thrusted through it as quickly as possible.

She screamed into my mouth as the pain nearly overwhelmed her, but I just held her and soothed her until the pain passed. I was completely inside her, and held myself there as she adjusted to me.

"I won't move until you want me to move, dear one." I softly said to her.

"I'm fine now, Baz. Make love to me, please."

I started withdrawing, then thrust back into her slowly. She was extremely wet and tight, and hotter than I had expected. I moved within her as I rotated my hips in and out and side to side as I thrust into her over and over. We moved slowly together, and her moans of pleasure were music to my ears.

She tensed up as her orgasm took her, and she squeezed herself around me tightly. I felt it, then. I felt that once familiar sensation before I erupted into her like a volcano. I cried out as she did, and we came together in perfect harmony. I kept thrusting slowly through our shared orgasmic bliss and she came again around me as I kept making love to her.

What if I am the father? The thought came unbidden to my mind, and I had admittedly never thought that I would be able to impregnate a human woman.

If so, then God let it be. I realized that I would be a father to our child if she should conceive.

We made love all through the day and into the evening. I lost track of how many orgasms we both had. I hadn't been with a woman in millenia, but the feel of Sharon's body below and above mine was exquisite. When night fell, we were laying in each other's arms as the sun set out my western window.

"I never thought sex would be so wonderful, Baz," she said dreamily. Her smile was one of complete bliss, and it raised my spirit to see her so happy.

"For many, it is not. I am happy that you enjoyed your first time, dear one."

"Nobody has ever called me 'dear one' before. I like hearing it from you."

"You are a dear one, Sharon. You are unique amongst humans." I now knew that I was completely in love with her.

"And you are unique amongst Setians, Baz. You betrayed your own people for me. It's a bit overwhelming, to be honest."

"I did what had to be done, Sharon. I would do it again in a second if it keeps you safe."

"I saw your tears and the pain it caused you to kill those who came for me at my place. Baz, you saved my life twice so far. I can never repay that."

I laughed softly. "You never have anything to repay to me, dear one. I am protecting you because you need my protection for the sake of Mankind, and because I love you."

"I love you too, Baz. I was wondering how I would meet the man I would love, and this never even entered my mind." She chuckled.

"Now we need to get up and shower. I need to train you to defend yourself in case something were to happen to me." I stood from the bed and resumed my human guise. I walked to the wall safe and opened it with my combination. I then withdrew two 9mm handguns and several boxes of ammunition. I placed them both on the table by the door to my firing range, and turned back to her. She had a fearful look in her eyes.

"Baz, I don't want anything to happen to you." She came to me and slipped her arms around me, holding me tight.

"As long as I live, you will be safe, Sharon. What I am preparing you for is just in case I should be captured or killed by my brethren." My arms went around her and held her naked body to mine.

"I.. I understand, Baz."

"Good. Now, let's go take a shower and get into some more practical clothing."

IronDragon
IronDragon
1,602 Followers