Faux-wife Solution

Story Info
Ending a story with no end.
11.4k words
3.73
46.9k
38
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In 2008, romantichica wrote an interesting story called Birthday Dinner. It was a good story, but it left the reader "up in the air" as to how the people in the story were ultimately affected.

It seems that romantichica is no longer writing for this venue. That is our loss. She has not answered my correspondence asking for her permission to write an ending for her story. I encourage everyone to read her story first so this ending will make sense. In fact, read all of her stories. Her last posting was in 2012. Let's all encourage her to return to the fold with a new story for us.

*

Here I am in the arms of Kelvin, while my husband has been summoned to handle an emergency at work. He has estimated that he will not get home until after midnight.

I have just, for the first time ever, committed adultery. I don't even like Kelvin. I felt sorry for him tonight because Denise had messed up the plans we all had to celebrate his birthday together, but how did I allow it to come to this?

I am a wife and mother. I love my husband and our kids more than life itself, but here I am with Kelvin's cum dripping from my pussy. Did I just agree to do this again on his next birthday?

As I was pondering the answer to my own question, I heard a very familiar voice singing, "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Kelvin. Happy birthday to you."

The voice was that of my husband. The sound was coming from his chair which was hidden in darkness in the corner of the room. He had an excellent view of the couch where Kelvin and I were still entwined. We were in fairly subdued light, but now it seemed to be as bright as the sun.

What is he doing home so early? How long has he been sitting there? How am I going to explain this to him? How can I even face the only man that I have ever loved? I am in big trouble!

"Oh, guys. I guess I may as well kill two birds with one stone. Lynn's birthday is only two weeks away. After what has happened here tonight, I will probably skip her party. For that reason, I suppose I need to take this opportunity to perform an encore, 'Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Lynn. Happy birthday to you.

"Well, Kelvin, I thought that a bottle of your favorite whiskey would suffice as our gift to you on this special day, but it looks like this day is much more special than I had realized. It looks like Lynn, my loving wife, has topped my whiskey gift a million times over.

"I know that her gift came straight from her to you, but technically what she gave you, until tonight, belonged to me. So maybe you could consider it to be a gift from the both of us.

"To tell you the truth, she gave you my most valued possession tonight. It was hers to give and mine to lose, but I never dreamed that she would give it away like this. Congratulations man, and let me assure you that you received the best gift of your life tonight.

"Since it is more blessed to give than to receive, Lynn has had a very special night too. Just sitting here watching has convinced me that tonight you both journeyed as close to heaven as two humans can get.

"Since you two are on a roll, I am going to make it even better."

My husband picked up an envelope from the table beside his chair. He threw the envelope toward the couch and it landed right beside us.

"Kelvin, did you know that Lynn has always dreamed of taking a trip to Hawaii? Well, actually, it was a dream that she and I shared. That is why my name is on one of those tickets, but it can easily be changed to your name. There will be a small charge for the change, but I will be happy to cover it. Can't have you paying anything for your gift.

"Since this is a three-day weekend, you will probably have to wait until Tuesday to make the change, but you will have plenty of time to get it done.

"In case you are wondering, in that envelope you will find round trip airplane tickets and fully paid lodging for two weeks in the best hotels on three of the most beautiful islands of Hawaii. All transportation is included.

"It is the trip of a lifetime and I know that you will enjoy it together. It makes me feel good just to be able to give such a gift to my best friend and my loving wife. It is the ultimate birthday gift for both of you. As for you, Lynn, you can also consider it to be my goodbye gift to you. It will be the last gift either of you will ever get from me.

"I think you guys really hit the jackpot tonight. It just doesn't get any better than this. And to top it off, Kelvin, you have Lynn's promise of a night just like this one on your next birthday.

"Well, sorry for the interruption. Guess I'll let you two get back to it. Just pick it up where I interrupted you."

All of this time I had been in shock. I didn't utter a single word. I didn't even cry!

At long last, I came crashing out of my dream world into reality.

"Ron, how much did you see? What did you hear?"

"Lynn, my dear wife, is that all that you have to say to me? I had been here at least 15 minutes waiting for you to get home. I fell asleep waiting, but I woke up in time to witness the destruction of our marriage. Needless to say, my life will never be the same."

"Ron, Ron, honey, please wait!"

He was already running up the stairs and didn't hear me.

He was gone. I heard the bedroom door slam and I heard the unmistakable sound of the lock slamming into place.

I started grabbing my clothes from the floor and trying to make myself presentable.

"Kelvin, get dressed. Go to your car. You need to get out of here now."

Kelvin dressed quickly and ran out the door.

I ran upstairs and knocked on the locked bedroom door.

"Ron, honey, please let me in."

"Who are you calling honey? Your honey is downstairs on the couch."

"No, no. Ron, I need to talk to you."

"Why now? You didn't have anything to say to me downstairs. You didn't show any regret. Hell, you didn't even cry. I am the only one that was crying. You were the perfect, unperturbed cheating bitch. Why change anything now?"

"Ron, I was too shocked to talk or even cry. I was in uncharted waters. I didn't know what to do or how to act. It was the first and only time that I have done anything like this. You must believe me. I never meant to do it."

"Lynn, are you forgetting that I was an eyewitness. I was in that chair when you two came in. I saw it all. I heard it all. You knew what you were doing. I suffered through the whole thing. It wasn't a case of rape, Lynn. Don't bother to lie to me."

"Ron, just promise that you will not leave me tonight. Please let me talk to you. I hear you packing. Please stop until we can talk. It was really just this one time."

No answer.

Just then the doorbell rang. Oh, crap. Who could be visiting at a time like this?

I looked through the peephole. I saw Kelvin standing there. I opened the door.

"Lynn, my car won't start. I'm afraid that 'check engine' light might have actually meant something."

"Damn, why don't you just call your motor club. Go out to your car and call them on your cell. I'm busy here trying to salvage what is left of my marriage."

"I canceled my motor club membership, Lynn."

"Good god, why would you do that?"

"We have been a little short of money since I lost my job. I had to cut somewhere. That's one of the cuts that I was forced to make."

"Damn, I'll call a cab for you. Wait outside until it arrives. I can't have you waiting in here."

"Lynn, I don't have any money for a cab. Hell, I don't even have enough to tip the driver."

"I'll cover it, Kelvin. Just go out there and wait."

I handed him some money and closed the door behind him.

I ran to the phone and called the local cab company. They informed me that there would be over an hour wait. I had forgotten about the big convention in town.

I ran back upstairs. This time I banged on the door.

"Ron, please let me in. Please don't leave without talking to me. If our marriage means anything, if our kids mean anything, please don't leave."

"What did our marriage or our children mean to you tonight, Lynn? What did I mean to you?"

I hung my head and crept slowly and quietly down the stairs.

I gently opened the front door and ran to my car. I motioned for Kelvin to get in.

I released the emergency brake and let my car coast out of the driveway and half way down the block before I started it. I don't need Ron to discover that I am taking my "lover" home. Not after all of the damage that I have already inflicted on our marriage.

How I wish that Kelvin still lived in our neighborhood. Now there is a chance that Ron may finish packing before I can get back home.

When we arrived at Kelvin's house, he made a run for the bathroom. Denise walked out to my car.

"I am glad to see that you are feeling better, Denise."

"I was never feeling bad, Lynn. I didn't have a gift for Kelvin tonight and I didn't want to be a spoilsport at the party. He will be getting my gift tomorrow. He will be served with divorce papers. That is the last gift that he will ever get from me."

"What? Are you kidding me? I didn't know you guys were having any trouble."

"What we have been having is more than trouble. We had to move from your neighborhood when Kelvin lost his job. He hasn't had any luck getting another job, since no one is interested in hiring an alcoholic.

"He was not able to get a recommendation from his company because of the amount of money his alcoholic behavior had cost them.

"Then, to make things worse, I had to work extra hours to keep the bills paid. I was, of course, gone from home more than usual.

"He rewarded me by giving me the gift that keeps on giving. Would you believe that bastard gave me chlamydia? He confessed to fucking three of my so-called friends while I was working extra hours to keep us afloat. Isn't that a hoot?

"So, my list of friends is pretty short right now. I am glad I still have you as a friend, Lynn. Thanks for keeping that cheating 'lover boy' out of my hair tonight.

"You are so lucky to have Ron. God, how I wish I could meet someone even half as good. I can see how hard he works to make sure that you guys have the best of everything.

"You have the pool, the luxury cars, the boat and the best house in the neighborhood. That man works hard and still finds the time to take you on great vacations and cruises. Hell, he even takes you out dancing or clubbing every weekend.

"You deserve it, Lynn. You are the perfect wife. Obviously, I am not. If I were, Kelvin wouldn't be drinking and looking for love in low places."

I was crying. Denise thought I was crying for her and attempted to comfort me. How about that, she was trying to comfort me. Oh, my god.

I obliterated the speed limit driving home.

When I arrived, Ron's car was not in the driveway. I pressed the button to open the garage door. The garage was empty.

I ran up the stairs. The bedroom door was open. Half of the clothes were gone from the closet. His dresser drawers were empty. At least three suitcases were missing from the set.

I ran downstairs to his man-cave. His computers were missing and his file cabinet was empty.

The only thing emptier was my heart. The wonderful man that used to comfort me day and night was gone.

Somehow, I just knew that he would never be coming back.

Just think, I was all upset because he had to work tonight. I was so upset that I found myself enjoying the evening as Kelvin and I talked and flirted over a birthday dinner that my workaholic husband had paid for.

Yes, I was upset because my workaholic husband could not be at the party. I was upset because he felt that he needed to work to pay for those cars, for that pool, for those vacations and cruises.

He was working because he had a high maintenance wife, the one that tonight had also been an unfaithful wife.

I would like to say that I cried myself to sleep. I did cry, but I didn't sleep. I tossed and turned and thought all night until the Saturday morning sunrise.

First, I called Ron's secretary at home. I hated to call her on the weekend, but she was my best hope for finding Ron.

"Hello, Jessica, this is Lynn. I was attending a birthday party last night when Ron got called into work. I did something really bad last night, Jessica, and now Ron is gone. I really need to talk to him. I just wondered if you could tell me how to reach him."

"Lynn, Ron gave me special instructions not to let anyone in general, and you in particular, know where he is spending this long weekend."

She promptly dropped our phone connection.

Next, I made an appointment at a quick care facility. I asked for an STD test. They told me that they would send the results by email later in the day.

I asked them to let me come back later for the results instead of sending them by email. I paid them in cash. I did not want to leave any trail leading to my activity. Before leaving, I asked for the morning after pill.

Ron had a vasectomy after our second child was born. I was not on the pill. I knew the morning after pill was my only option. I just hoped that I could count on it to work.

Well, to stay consistent with everything else, I tested positive for chlamydia. They gave me a one dose treatment and told me to avoid sexual contact for 7 days. After that, they needed to test me again. Boy, it just gets better and better.

As I drove home, I was overwhelmed with my sin. I had broken one of the "big-ten," commandments. I had shattered that commandment. I was an adulteress. It had taken me an hour or so to undo years of religious training and belief. Worst of all, my husband witnessed the whole thing! I have broken my vows to God and to my husband. I must be mentally ill. I am definitely physically sick to my stomach. I hate what I have done. I hate me.

There has been no communication with Ron since my night of sin. On Saturday night, my cell phone rang. At last! Finally, I get to talk to him.

"Hello, Ron?"

"Sorry, Lynn, it's Denise here. Kelvin told me about your Birthday Dinner escapade. I just can't believe my luck. I would have set something up between you two much earlier if I'd have had any inkling that you wanted Kelvin.

"I am still wondering why you would allow such a thing to happen with such a piece of crap as Kelvin. I am not, however, looking a gift horse in the mouth. You gave me a much better gift than the one that you gave Kelvin. At least, that is my opinion."

"What are you talking about, Denise? I betrayed our friendship. I am so sorry. I don't even know what to say to you."

"The only way you hurt me was by making my list of friends one name shorter. The rest is a spectacular gift that you have given me.

"Lynn, are you a baseball fan?"

"Am I what?"

"A baseball fan. Do you follow baseball?"

"Ron does, so I watch games with him. I wouldn't call myself a fan. Do you really want to talk about baseball right now?"

"You know how teams trade players all of the time? Have you ever heard of trades between teams?"

"Yes. I know what you are talking about."

"Good. How about we make a trade. I get Ron and you get Kelvin. I'll even throw in a player to be named later."

"Very funny, Denise. I have just thrown my marriage into the trash and you are making jokes."

"You are the joke, Lynn. You traded the very best player in the majors for a player that couldn't even make it in the lowest minor league. Do you really believe your superstar will take you back? If you are betting on that, I want a piece of that bet, you whore.

"I am putting you on notice right now, I am going after your superstar. If you remember, he dated me before he met you. I only worked on this friendship between our families so I could be near Ron.

"I would have never made a move on him. That's not how I play ball. Now, however, you have made a huge game ending error, so I can take my shot."

"Damn you, Denise. This whole conversation is farcical. I may have lost my husband, but I did not make him available to anyone else, including you. I will fight for him. I may lose, but I will go down swinging, to use a phrase that you should understand.

"I am sorry for what happened between Kelvin and me, but you don't throw a player out of the game for one mistake. For god's sake, Denise, let's quit playing this game. I'm sorry. I ask you to forgive me for betraying you.

"Kelvin is still your husband and I wronged both you and Ron. I am more ashamed than you can even imagine."

"You don't need my forgiveness, Lynn. I am not even in the game anymore. I filed for a divorce, remember? You need Ron's forgiveness, not mine. I pray that he will refuse to forgive you.

"I never want to see or talk to you again. Goodbye and good luck with your new career as a call girl. Hell, the way you cheated, you don't make the grade as a call girl. You are just a common prostitute."

The phone clicked in my ear. I'm really on a roll. The trouble is, I really deserve it. Oh, crap.

I didn't hear anything from Ron during the long weekend. I think it was the longest weekend of my life.

I have to see Ron. He should be returning to work on Tuesday. I know I can't get past Jessica. I need to get my wits about me enough to formulate a plan.

I got up early Tuesday and drove my car to Ron's office. I parked in his space. He has the third space on the row since he is third in the chain of command.

If he shows up first, I will make him talk to me. If one of the other two bosses shows up, I will talk to them.

After a few minutes waiting, the first space is filled by a black Lincoln. As soon as Mr. Emerson unlocked his door, I opened it for him.

"Good morning, sir."

"Well hello there, Lynn. I thought you would be in Sacramento with Ron."

"Ron is in Sacramento?"

"Oh, hell. I guess I just spoiled a surprise. Yes, he is in Sacramento. He called me Saturday morning and said he wanted to leave immediately on a house hunting trip. I just assumed you were going with him. I thought the vacation to Hawaii was his only surprise for your birthday. I think I talked when I should have been listening. Lynn, will you promise not to tell Ron that I slipped up. Just act surprised when he tells you about his promotion to head up the Sacramento office."

"Mr. Emerson..."

"Stop with the mister stuff, Lynn. Call me Ray."

"OK, Ray. Sir, I have something that I need to tell you. Can I buy you a coffee at the Starbucks over there?"

"I need to get to work, Lynn. Come with me to my office. I will have some coffee brought in and we can talk."

As we sip our coffee, I am trying to determine how to tell him my awful story. I finally decide that I just need to level with him and tell the truth.

"Ray, I have really messed up. I probably will not be with Ron in Hawaii or Sacramento."

"Lynn, please don't tell me that. Are you upset about moving? You are not going to leave Ron, are you?"

"It's way worse than that, Ray. I cheated on Ron with his best friend Friday night. I did it right in the living room of our home. Ron was supposed to be working, but unbeknownst to us he was sitting in his chair. It was dark and we were in the throes of passion. We didn't even notice him. He saw everything. He watched me betray him in our own home and in the process, destroy our marriage."

I gave him the whole story blow by blow. I didn't hold anything back, no matter how bad it made me look.

"Can you believe how stupid, insensitive and immoral I had become in one hour's time? My life is over. I have no hope. What can I do Ray? What can I do?"

"Have you tried reaching him on his company cell as well as his personal cell?"

"Yes. Yes, over and over. He is screening calls. He does not want to talk to me. I talked to Jessica and she said he had instructed her not to give me his contact information or help me in any way whatsoever."