Favours Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She crossed the bridge quickly and followed the path. She was more careful this time, determined not to roll her ankle or fall down any hills. Tatiana hadn't gotten far when she sensed a presence behind her. She wasn't sure how she knew, but she knew someone was behind her.

"You could have just called out to me," the presence said. She turned around to face him. His ears were more pointed here, his features more pointed and elfish.

"I wanted to get out of my apartment," she answered. He really was handsome, but she wasn't sure if that was enough to tempt her away from her life.

"Why did you come here?" he asked. His voice was soft, gentle and curious.

Tatiana shrugged. "It seemed like where I wanted to be. Is this fairyland or is it just a weird forest?"

Robin laughed. "We don't really call it fairyland, I think that's mostly young mortal girls that do. But yes, I suppose this is part of the fey realm. It's where the mortal and fey realm cross over."

Tatiana nodded, looking around.

"I look after this portal," Robin continued, puffing his chest out proudly. "I make sure none of the Unseelie use it to cross over and cause havoc."

"Unseelie?"

"Fey of the Winter Court. They tend to be quite wicked in their ways."

Tatiana raised an eye. "As opposed to you, who tricked me into owing you a favour because I took some stew you offered?"

Robin frowned. "Yes, we're very different," he replied, his voice short.

Tatiana nodded, suppressing an eyeroll, and looked towards the setting sun. It was a gorgeous sight, the sunlight filtering through the trees.

"What does the rest of the fey realm look like?" she asked. "For the record, I'm not even contemplating your request. I don't know how you fair folk like to do things, but in the mortal realm we like to get to know each other before we start living and having children together."

Robin shrugged. "I can show you, if you like? Most of it's just wilderness. Forests, deserts, open plains. There's the Summer and Winter Courts, which most fey belong to one or the other. They're giant castles and cities in their respective territories. I mostly just stay here though and visit the Courts when summoned."

Tatiana glanced back the way she had come, presumably back towards her car. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad, living in the fey realm? If he lived on the portal, she could leave whenever she liked. Maybe even maintain some semblance of normalcy. Tatiana shook herself mentally. What was she thinking? She barely knew him.

She looked towards him, catching his gaze with those golden green eyes. Her breath caught in her throat, as the setting sun bathed him in a golden glow. She took a deep breath. "I think I'd like to see more," she said, simply.


12