Fay Lines

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sheablue
sheablue
62 Followers

But from Guinevere? Oh my, Morgana, after he kissed my hand yet again and bade me goodnight I saw that Guinevere was walking nearby with one of her ladies and she gave me a look meant to stop my heart if it could! I can only assume there is something between them. I had to laugh to myself, I want nothing of her silly knight, and I'm afraid the smirk might have been visible on my face.

They will be gone tomorrow or a few days hence. I do so wish you had been with them, Morgana, my longing for you grows with every passing day.

Yours,

Bronwyn

5 September, 496

Bronwyn my love,

I only have moments. I am leaving on a Vision trip with Merlin. I am finally gaining his trust, and soon I will learn the source of his power, and I will gain it for myself. I am currently at my misty lovely home on the apple isle, and I believe your birds had a very hard time finding me here.

I am desperate for your safety, Bronwyn! You must leave there. I have sent horses and trusted servants to fetch you and bring you here. Do not be alarmed by their fearsome aspect. They look like warrior Picts but they are not, they are loyal only to me, they are closely related to my Fay people. I can only hope that this message will reach you too late, and that they already have you in their care.

If you have caught the eye of the poisonous Guinevere, you are not safe. Especially if that devil Lancelot has paid you any attention. Moon mother damn him for the rest of his days! There is indeed much between them, and Guinevere is most possessive of that errant knight. Add to that her knowledge of our deep friendship and regard, much less our love, and I can not trust you will be unharmed in her company.

Pack lightly, you will want for nothing here. If I have not returned by the time you arrive, make yourself comfortable and wait for me. Everything I have is yours. My servants have their instructions to cater to your every comfort.

Please do not wait, Bronwyn. Leave with my people the moment they arrive. Send me another bird, if you can, so that I know you are safe.

I cannot wait to see your lovely face. We will accomplish much together. I will take you on as my most trusted acolyte and I will teach you everything I know. All that I am will be yours. Our days will be spent perfecting our craft, and our nights will pass in each other arms. Our passion will ignite the very air around us.

Morgana

31 October, 496

Bronwyn, I begin to despair. When I returned to Avalon and saw you were not there, I had hopes that the roads were so treacherous in this dreary weather that you were delayed. I waited. I have used so much of my power trying to find you. Where are you, precious Bronwyn? I have used my bowl to scry through your mirror, which was no easy feat considering we had not previously connected them, and I can see your room, but you are not there. This gave me some hope that you had left with my men and horses, but when you still did not arrive I took more intense measures. Every locator spell I know, every cunning incantation, and nothing! I rent my best, most loved raven, hoping he still held a spot of your blood on his beak. His poor body went in my cauldron as well as some of your scrolls and the pretty stone you gave me when we first met. If you are anywhere on this earth I should be able to find you. But nothing. Bronwyn!

I have charmed this bird with all the power I can without killing it. I can only pray it finds you where I have failed. It is my last resort.

27 November, 496

My lady Morgana le Fay,

Please excuse my rough speech and handwriting. The fair lady Bronwyn only taught me to read and write this last year and sometimes I don't know the proper words to say. My name is May, and I am the head cook at the Northerly Keep.

I found your raven, and your scroll to the lady Bronwyn. He is a strange bird. He was flying quite madly around the keep before I could catch him. I have better eyes than most and could see he carried something on his leg.

I wish I had the words to say this gently. The lady Bronwyn is dead. By accident, it is said, but I don't know as I believe it. On the last night that the Lord Arthur was here, Lady Bronwyn fell from her tower window and was dashed on the stones below. Some say she threw herself from the tower, but I knew her and I know it's not true. My kitchen boy, he don't say much, but Bronwyn liked to give him treats and little presents, and sometimes he slept outside her door, though it be much colder up there than here by the kitchen fire.

He was most a frighted. He would not speak for days, and I felt he must be as sad as us all at the death of the kind Lady Bronwyn. It was days later when he told me that night she died he saw the Lady Guinevere leaving Bronwyn's tower room. I told him to never say another word about it, and I won't neither. But even simple folk like me know your name. I saw the Fay men you sent too late to rescue the lady. I give you these words to do with as you will.

Your servant,

May of Northerly Keep

25 December, 496

I know this message will never reach you. When I finish writing, this scroll will go on the fire with your precious bones.

My heart is fractured into pieces and will never be put right. I am cold inside and will never be warm again. I am ice. I am long cold vengeance and I will strike when my enemies least look for it. When they expect only my love and healing powers I will unleash on them such unholy pain and suffering. Every loss, every hurt, every dashed hope will be from my hand.

The dust of your bones, the words in your scrolls, the blood of your birds, all will strengthen me and my power will increase to frightening proportions. Merlin teaches me well, his power astonishes even me, but he will never see my endgame. He will be as blind as the rest of them. I will learn from him the darkest magic. I will master the art of immortality and I will scream your name to future days.

I am freezing fire. I am death. I am the great reckoning. I am Morgana le Fay and no matter how many moons must pass, I will watch them all burn.

****

Author's note: Thank you for taking the time to read my story. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you did (or even if you didn't) I would love your feedback or comment. And if you feel inspired to vote, that would be terrific.

As you may or may not know, legend says King Arthur died around the year 537 A.D., after being wounded in battle. It is said Morgana le Fay brought him to her mystical home of Avalon to heal him. Or did she? HIs wound festered, brought him great pain, and eventual death. Many moons had passed, but she saw them all burn.

sheablue
sheablue
62 Followers
12