Feast or Famine? Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*****

Ivan trudged grudgingly back to the hovel. He had trapped a rabbit and skinned it where he killed it. He muttered imprecations the entire time, thinking of ways of disposing of both Delacevic and then Marianna. But only after he had partaken of her ripeness, her body. He had no compunction or illusions that Stephanos would come after him, but he would have her. She had ruined everything with her sly, vixenish ways. He couldn't even return home for fear of the villagers rising up against him and he cursed Stephanos for sealing his fate. He would have his revenge and it would be sweet.

He entered the slattern cottage and set the rabbit on the table despite its filthy residue. He would not do a woman's work. Let Marianna spit and roast the damn thing. Stomping around the small room he passed the doorway to the back room. His mouth gaped open at seeing Delacevic just finishing brushing out her hair. He spat in disgust but watched his hands at work. He rubbed himself briefly before turning away. He was not prepared to fight the vampire just yet.

Muttering further, he did exactly what he said he wouldn't, he spitted the rabbit and started roasting it in the meager fire. Shortly, Delacevic joined him, Marianna preferring to remain in the back. Ivan grunted.Witch! She'll get hers. He quickly masked his face and tried to shield his thoughts. He didn't need Delacevic to know the extent of his internal ravings.

Unfortunately for Ivan, Luka knew exactly what feeble thoughts were skittering across Ivan's mind. And it displeased him. Rethinking his plan, he thought he just might have to dispose of Ivan sooner than anticipated. While he still intended to use the lovely Marianna for his own ends, he was feeling protective of her and Ivan was becoming a problem. At that moment, Luka started plotting Ivan's demise. No conversation passed between them. Ivan grew more uncomfortable with each moment and Luka was unconcerned.

Finally the rabbit was done and Ivan greedily reached for it. Luka batted his hand away, calling for Marianna. She entered the room with only a minute amount of hesitation, somehow finding that she could trust Luka a tad. He hadn't molested her while she was bathed or brushed her hair and she was grateful. She came across the room, sitting in the chair Luka indicated. He brought the steaming rabbit over to her and apologized that she would have to pick the pieces off with her hand. She couldn't know that he was performing another courtesy as the smell was repulsive to him. She tried to be dainty, but she was hungry. She ate quickly, ignoring the greasiness, until she was full. Luka threw the remains to Ivan to finish.

Marianna looked helplessly around for a second for something to wipe her hands on. Remembering her destroyed clothing, she rose to wipe her hands off. Ivan was taking the last large mouthful and gulping it down, barely chewing. Marianna returned quickly and moved to Luka's side. When Ivan was done, Luka announced it was time to leave. Since there was nothing of importance in the cottage, they left after banking the fires.

Setting out once more towards Luka's home, they made good time. Traveling at a rapid pace, they came across Goran's barn. Entering stealthily, Ivan corralled two horses to add to their flight. He brought them out and Luka assisted Marianna before getting up behind her, leaving Ivan to fend for himself. Breaking into a fast canter they set off again. Luka was relieved to be moving swiftly, but acutely aware of the beauty sitting in front of him. He held his breath for long periods of time, resisting the urge to pull her gently against his chest.

Just before the road to Cavtat, there was a low-lying branch. Merging with Ivan's horse mentally, Luka commanded it to head straight for it at breakneck speed. Ivan wasn't expecting the burst of speed nor the tree limb. He crashed into it, falling instantly from the horse and into unconsciousness. The horse free of its rider, immediately headed back to its home. Luka kept Marianna in check in front him, continuing on.

*****

Stephanos and party arrived at the abandoned cottage. Noting the recent signs of habitation and the lingering smells of a fire and the remains of cooked rabbit. Moving through the cottage they found Marianna's discarded clothing and the bathwater sitting. Exiting, they looked for signs of which direction they had headed to ensure they missed nothing. Continuing south they tracked them to the barn. They were at a loss as Goran only had one horse left. And just when they despaired, the horse that had bolted from Ivan arrived home. Its sides were heavy with lather, but the men didn't care.

Pyotr rubbed the horse down quickly and then they mounted both, with Zoya and Kirill running by their sides. Kolya and Pyotr sharing the lathered horse with Stephanos on the rested horse. Soon they stumbled across the unconscious Ivan. Sparing him a glance they spurred on. Stephanos pulled away from them with Zoya and Kirill. Kolya and Pytor's overworked horse finally shuddering to a halt. They watched the fading figure of Stephanos for a moment and tied the beast to a tree. They set out on foot after him.

12