Feast or Famine? Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*****

Kolya staggered under the combined weight of Luka's intent stare, the alcohol he had consumed and his own fear. He was curious to know Pyotr's fate, but unwilling to bear the brunt of the consequences.I have done this! I was not careful enough, I was not bold enough, and I did not love him enough! Kolya wailed in his soul. He was still robbed of speech. His bleary eyes tried to focus on Luka; he tried so hard and was unable to do so. Finally the burden became too much.

He sank to his knees and then lay prostrate on the floor in his grief. Neither Luka nor Nadia able to reach into his soul. Their hands carelessly shrugged off as Kolya willed himself to dissolve into the floor. Slowly, Kolya felt all of his internal systems starting to shut down. His mind, his heart, his soul. Disbelief evident on his features, Luka watched as Kolya tried to will himself to death, believing that Pyotr had already gone on to his.

Nadia screamed long and loud, echoes reverberating endlessly in the room. Luka was attempting to lift Kolya from his prostration, with no success. He tried to merge his gaze with Kolya's, but Kolya's was blank. His mind in retreat already. The darkness so impenetrable to Luka even as he searched his mind. In his frustration, Luka tried shaking Kolya, but he was a rag doll, limp in his arms. This was how Stephanos and Marianna found them. Stephanos grabbed the catatonic Kolya and also tried.

Nothing reached Kolya inside his black hole. He felt safe there. That was all. He didn't remember why he found himself in the swirling blackness, but it was comforting. Almost as if he was floating, there was tranquility. The more he heard noises, the more he retreated as he faded further and further away. He knew enough to hide. The voices and noises brought pain, and he wanted no part of that. Deeper and deeper into the recesses of his mind he plunged until the noises were no more. Then there was utter stillness.

12