Feldare Tales: High Society Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Great service, Shiran, you may be worthy to become a templar yourself one day," he said.

Her eyes fluttered open and she gave him another soft, lovely smile. "You honor me, milord," she said. "I seek only to serve you, and the One through you."

"You served him well this day, dear," he said, looking with a smile at the beast in the corner and the adoration of the girl the creature exuded. Her sacrifice had controlled this one completely. Perhaps she would survive the completion of the creature's purpose and Shiran would come with him to become his own advisor in truth, he thought. She certainly had no qualms about doing what was necessary to do a job. She was a loyal servant, if not a skilled or wise one.

There was something to be said for blind loyalty.

- - -

"All right, you two get dressed," said Crissa as she opened the door and hefted the sack of food she had brought with her from the market.

From the corner, a light stone perched on his shoulder, Kennet looked up, smiling.

Peris snuffled from the blankets near the door, poking her brown-haired head out and murmuring something about not being nearly that lucky.

They gathered around a crate that only had three sides and she handed out bread and cheese. Lastly, though, she produced a pair of bottles. One was rum the other a stout Ghantian wine. "Tonight we celebrate our self-imposed imprisonment," she announced, "and Wenn's acquittal."