Fever Ch. 05

Story Info
I'd decided to wait until the next day...
3.8k words
4.47
6.3k
3

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/25/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Navaura
Navaura
38 Followers

Olivia:

I'd decided to wait until the next day before enacting my plan because I'd spent too much time planning my escape and timing their turn in and wake up times.

I often wandered if mom knew about Tavis' and my blood line? Did she know that our father came from a descendant of Ethiopian warriors who'd expanded the globe several times over? As I continued to think of "Taylor," my mind was drawn back to the profoundly intense gaze of light green eyes, almost the color of a cat. I felt my skin flush at the heat that filtered my body.

There was no other guy on earth more finer and "Taylor." He was simply sexy with his light green eyes, curly hair, full lips and beautiful sculpted narrow nose. Although he was slightly shorter than me, I was sure that by the time he reached eighteen, he'd be taller than he was now. I couldn't wait to get back to the ware house just to see him.

~~

Denver put his sun kissed hand up to his chin, watching the graceful movements of Olivia Petty. He'd never seen a girl with a more beautiful face than the golden honey colored girl. Her dark hair lay against her back in a platted braid as she canvassed the halls.

What amazed him more was that she'd been wearing a dark black dress that was hideous, but when contrasted with her skin tone, it looked a lot better. When he'd first caught glimpse of her slender form tracking the halls, he'd been curious; however, once she glanced up into the cameras he was caught breathless. He couldn't speak. There radiated a stone cold fearlessness in those black opal colored irises of hers.

One that sparkled so beautifully he couldn't believe it. He'd never seen such fierceness in Anyone's eyes, such vibrant life flow. He cleared his throat as the video captured him moving what he thought was stealthy behind her, but when she reached out so fast, and kicked him hard in his mid section, he'd been surprised by the thrust of the blow.

She'd definitely knocked the wind out of him and this astonished him; A girl with her height and build, super tall, super skinny, possessed the ability to knock the air out of him? She couldn't have weighed no more than a hundred pounds, but hit as if she was packing on the pounds. Upon learning her age, he'd found himself even more enthralled. He was fifteen and she was thirteen and could disable him? He wanted to see how and why. Where had she learned her skills from and he wanted her to teach him.

Although Denver knew he had a handsome face, he was even more sure that once she'd learned that he was a computer geek, built computers from scratched, hacked systems and charted expeditions for those needed, secured the premises and just lead a dull existence, possessing no social abilities what so ever, she would be turned off like all the girls and within a week of being around him would be turned toward one of the more up to date guys on campus.

There was no doubt in his mind that Olivia would be all that anyone could talk about when she arrived and that her beauty would make girls envious. Denver already knew the girls that would pick on her, knew the girls that would torture her, the very ones that would wish they hadn't when she finished with them.

Denver felt as if Olivia was a very serious girl who didn't take mess from anyone and was not the one to mess with. This caused him to smile because he knew that she would make her own way here, just as her father did and in the process, become the most popular girl on campus, due to her fierceness.

~~

Olivia:

I brushed my hair back away from my face and secured it in a tight pony tail. Because my face was more angled at the bottom than the top, I found that pulling my hair away from my face was better for my features. Dark black pupils with long curly eye lashes, a slightly wide yet narrow nose and thin lips adorned my features. The pony tail added emphasis on the high cheekbones.

As I stared in the mirror, I saw what everyone else saw on the outside, but I also saw what I felt on the inside. I felt as though I needed to desperately leave this house. I couldn't stay cooped up for one more week. I didn't think I'd survive next week without any fresh air. The smell was starting to make me want to vomit. I felt as though I couldn't breath and my head was in a constant achy state.

Exhaling sharply, I slipped my bag on my shoulders, opened the door to my room and walked down the stair well, toward the front door. When I reached the door, I felt my heart thumping loudly in my ears, anxiety welling up. I was hoping that no one would see me, that I hadn't miscalculated the times Mom and Stefan did their routine. As blood rushed to my ears, the silence was loud, almost tangible to my sensitive body. I felt the adrenaline rush through my body as I twisted the knob and pulled the door open.

~~

Stefan watched with curiosity as Olivia pulled on the knob, thinking no one was there. Truth be told, he'd normally be down in the den with Odilia and Jr. resting, but he'd come up out of an inability to sleep. He'd been tossing and turning, worrying about Olivia. He knew that she was going to inevitably have to be dealt with while under his roof, because although he did care for her, he wasn't going to let her get the best of any of them. She was becoming stronger mentally and physically.

Also her disdain for this place was becoming more noticeable as she'd walked through the halls in a scowl, never speaking to anyone but Tavis. What he couldn't figure out was why did she hate them so much? She had a better life than the one before. He provided everything they needed and up until her eighth birthday had spent as much time as he could with her and her brother.

Even her mother had tried to be there for her, but compassion could only take you so far with an ungrateful child. Exhaling sharply, he watched as she exited the house. He wasn't for sure, but he believed she was going back to that warehouse and he suspected that she had found others like her. As he thought about this, a smile appeared on his face. She needed to be with her own kind.

What her mother failed to realize was that her daughter was not of vampire blood, her daughter would always be human because it was the human ways she'd chosen. It was the humans she preferred to live under and perhaps it was the humans whom she identified with most, the one she could accept more.

As he thought of Tavis, who'd exhibited the same abilities as his sister, tracking, hunting, locating and soon enough those qualities would be enhanced when he was changed. Stefan didn't know when, but they'd have a hunter of their own in the clan. Tavis was so bright that he could see him having a great future. When the time was right, all of the qualities he'd been bred into would come out.

As Stefan pondered over these two children, he realized that they both would bring about change, something different and in a sense he felt as though they had a special place in his and Jr.'s lives. Although Odilia had focused on keeping the children safe, she'd neglected to notice the differences in their personalities.

Each of these children were special and while Stefan didn't hate Olivia, he understood her nature. He understood her need to get away from the place she didn't belong. It would be like him being in the nest of hunters and himself being a vampire. He loved Olivia but he recognized the truth, she didn't fit in here anymore than he fit into her world. Now, all he had to do was make Odilia see it.

~~

Olivia:

Once I reached the ware house, I was surprised to find the area empty looking. There seemed to be no animals roaming and although the arranged rock path still led to the front of building and the grass remained manicured, there was no trace of life outside the building.

Going up to the building, I tried the knob. The thing wouldn't budge. I twisted it again and when it still refused to give, I let out a soft curse and turned away from the door. If I couldn't open it, how would I get in? I glanced up at the building, it's windows neatly maintained and I wondered to myself how come everyone thought the property was vacant?

It didn't have any holes in the building. There was no leakage, testifying to unused pipes and as I moved away from the structure, I noticed that for a vacant property, it sure was tidy.

I couldn't figure out why so many saw it as vacant when obviously someone took care of it. As I stood outside, wondering how would I alert someone to my presence. I began to roam the different areas and noticed how tightly secured the premises were. There were padlocks on any areas that were closed in structures, such as doors.

The door to the back of the building had a bolt as well as all the trees cleared out of the area. A massive area of land, without any type of visual to a road. I looked over my shoulder, just beyond the building and saw the same thing.

As I studied the property, I thought to myself they were pretty clever for getting rid of any debris or rubble. As a matter of fact there wasn't any type of loose material on the land. Everything was flat and well kept. It left little sense of danger.

Again my mind was perturbed over the idea that I couldn't get into the building as I had been able to the other night.

I decided to double back around to the front and take my leave. Just as I reached the door, it opened and to my astonishment, "Taylor" stood there, a quirky smile on his face, eyes glistening bright in the sun light. "Well look who's finally decided to show up." He teased.

I shrugged, not really finding it funny, but for his sake, offered a smile. "The one and Only, Olivia." I stated, already going past him and into the building.

"I believe excuse me and thank you are in order." He stated, the words rolling off his tongue. I turned to him, raised a brow, "Come again?"

"That's what you say when someone is in your way or holds the door open for you."

I narrowed my brows, crossing my hands over my chest nonchalantly, "I'm sorry, but I thought that's what came naturally to guys." My words sounded flippant enough to my own ears, I could only imagine what they sounded like to his.

He placed his arms over his chest as well, mimicking my pose. "They always say girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice, but I think you have been made with decon."

"Rat poisoning?" I inquired, already irritated with the guy.

"Yeah, you should say excuse me when a guy is in your way and thank you when the door is held open for you."

"Why?" I inquired, already sure of the answer.

"No manners will be added to the description of a girl with a filthy mouth and pretty face." He stated.

"So you think I'm pretty?" I inquired, my tone flirtatious, trying to change the subject.

He walked up to where I was and stopped.

The smell of his colongue made me want to sniff away at him. I wasn't too much shorter than him, but his green eyes burned into mine as he spoke. "Apparently not pretty enough to have manners."

I cleared my throat. "Excuse me and thank you." I forced out.

He smiled, taking my breath away again, "That's better."

As he moved past me, I was only aware of the tingles that caressed my skin as contact with his arm made my insides go berserk. I closed my eyes and inhaled sharply. I didn't like the way this was going already. He reminded me too much of my brother, seriously annoying.

I walked slightly behind him, taking in the scenery. "So, can you tell me what exactly is the Gala, Taylor?" I inquired, staring out at the murals as we passed along the hallway.

"The gala is a three story building with a good fifteen acres of land. Some of it involves property here, other involves property further out in the country. That's where we do hunting expeditions and it's where the hunters are tested. We even own land over the great lake areas. ."

"I know that hunters hunt,but what is it that they hunt?" I inquired.

"Vampires, humans, animals, other worldly creatures. We hunt everything.What we hunt depends on whose paying and the reason needed."

"How do you guys maintain your lifestyle? Do you stay here?" I wondered, wanting to know. He glanced at me, his smile fully contagious now, because a spark went up to his eyes, detailing his amusement. "What's so amusing?"

"You, miss Olivia."

I narrowed a brow in suspicion. "What do you mean?"

"I've never had anyone ask that question before and you are thirteen, with this in your mind."

I folded my arms across my chest, "Yeah, well, I like to know everything about what I'm getting involved in. That's just one of many questions I have."

"You don't say."

I felt my own lips turn up in a bright smile, a small giggle coming from my lips, "Yes, It's like a business transaction. I'm not getting into something I'll regret."

"So, it seems you've already decided to become a trained hunter." He surmised.

For some reason I felt really self conscious of the fact that I was pretty and found myself behaving in the behavior that many teenage girls my age did as I leaned in close to him,"Yes, I have." He stared down into my eyes with that bright smile, not saying a word. I was bedazzled by the enchanting eyes, contrasting with beautiful dark skin. He nodded, "That's good, I'm sure you will find it to your liking."

I felt my body heat up at those words, just from the intensity of his gaze. Although I was sure there was no hint of flirtation in his words, I couldn't help the sporadic set of chills that danced along my entire body. "I'm sure I will." I stated.

He exhaled sharply and finally removing his eyes from my face,continuing to explain as he gave a tour of the place."We are here for the winter and then during the summer we travel other places for competitions and work when we are needed. Most of the hunters here are not allowed to contract any work until they hit their senior year of high school.

No jobs requiring overnight or beyond local areas are permitted for seniors. When they graduate hunters are allowed to go where they wish and contract themselves."

I furrowed my brows. "So you guys can go where ever you like after training? You don't work in packs?"

He smiled, pointing to me. "We can go where ever we like and some hunters can be found in groups but most are dispatched on their own."

"What about the hunters who may not be so good at hunting?" I inquired as we turned from the end of the first hall and he opened a door.

"What makes you think hunters fail?"

I laughed at this, finding the question a little quirky, "Common sense, they're humans, not invincible."

"Are you really going to question everything I tell you?" He asked me, his face captured in a syrupy grin.

Deciding to take my chances and flirt

I stated. "As long as you keep looking at me as if I'm the high light of your day, why not?"

This caused that grin to burst into a laugh. As he didn't vocally reply, I felt my heart tilt toward something not normal to it, a joyous light hearted banter. I couldn't help the sweet warmth that filtered through my entire being.

In his presence I was not only convinced of my physical beauty, but my heart felt a radiance like never before. "This ms. Olivia is where we keep our supplies stocked." As a light was switched on from the wall, I glanced into a room filled from top to bottom of items used within the school. "And I thought Stefan had one heck of a supply closet."

"Who?" He inquired, never loosing that sheen in his eyes.

"My mom's husband."

"Your mom's married now?"

I narrowed my brow. "What do you mean now? How do you know my mother?" I watched as his face averted and he suddenly found the murals extremely interesting.

"Taylor...how is it that you know my mom?" I inquired, my tone sharp.

He turned back to me, his eyes still glossy, but a little nervous now. "My name is Denver."

I put a hand on my hip and stared him in the eye, not breaking contact. Finally he gave in to one of my mother's leering gazes and replied, "Your father told me about you guys, ok?"

"You know my father?" I stated, feeling numb. I wasn't too particularly happy about this, but neither was I upset either.

"I know him well enough." He stated, finally breaking contact with me. He began to walk down the hall again. I walked behind him. "I want to meet him." I stated.

He nodded his head no. "You can't."

"Why not?"

"He doesn't live here."

"He doesn't?" I inquired.

"No."

"Where does he live?"

"Across the world."

Feeling agitation course through my spine with the type of answers he was giving me, I caught up to him and grasped him by the shoulders, turning him to face me. "Look, Denver I don't have time for the bits of information, I need to know what you know about my dad."

"I could really get in trouble releasing information to you." He stated.

"Well, maybe you should have thought of that before you spoke on my mom."

He sighed, his eyes catching mine. After a minute, he said, "Look, don't tell anyone else I'm telling you this. I am only going to say it because he is your father and you deserve to know but don't go looking for him and don't try to contact him.

He will be here soon enough anyhow."

Ayanna:

Every time I close my eyes and think of my mother I see blood. Lots and lots of blood. I see her body sprawled out on the floor of our two bedroom home and blood pooling around her as if it had been laying there for days instead of two hours; Her eyes open and staring up at the ceiling as if saying why? Why did this have to happen to me?

Although there are many memories I can bring forth from my mind, this is the one that I remember the most. Her lifeless corpse stiff, cold, unmoving. It's the one thing that turns my sorrow to anger, my fear to courage, the one thing that allows my body to slowly shift into working position so that I may seek vengeance my way.

Just as I push myself up off my bed and stand, about to accept my fate, I hear a voice call my name. I feel my heart began to thump in my chest. Instead I decide not to answer and continue to my destination. It occurs to me that I can wipe any memory of a person from my mind as my powers of magic allow me to. I am not one of those who rely on current magic, but I rely on ancient magic, the magic of Egypt to control the mind.

Closing my eyes, I chant to myself, ensuring that everything I remembered about Tavis was gone, assuring that everything I had previously known about him or concerning him was erased.

~~

Tavis:

"I told you I didn't want my party here. I wanted it at the rink." I stated to my mother, my gaze heated as I followed her from the laundry room, through the kitchen and then upstairs to my room.

"And what...I'm obligated to follow your desires? I decided to have the party at home because I thought it would be fun that way. You could invite all your friends."

"You know I don't get along with any of the kids in my class."

"I know. This party's the perfect opportunity for you to show them who you really are."

I groaned, irritated, slightly angered, "No this isn't. These kids don't need to be anywhere near me." I stated, "They're not my friends. I'd rather invite my usual tag a longs."

"How can you have a party with four people?"

"It won't be four people. You, dad, Olivia and Jr. and another girl I know will be invited."

My mom turned her honey colored brown eyes up toward me. "A girl? What's her name?"

"Ayanna."

"Ayanna? That's a pretty name."

"I know."

"Is she in your class or at another school?"

"Another school."

"Well, although I'm a bit thrilled at your first girlfriend and all, I must say I never expected you to begin this early. I was hoping sixth grade would be your turning point."

"She's not my girlfriend and besides, I'm not sure if I will be able to invite her. I have seen or spoken to her in a good week."

Navaura
Navaura
38 Followers
12