Fever Ch. 08

Story Info
Chapter 8.
3.5k words
4.2
5k
1

Part 8 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/25/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Navaura
Navaura
38 Followers

Olivia:

The following morning I woke up, practiced a little kick boxing, throwing my all into it, thinking of the two boys I'd fought at the Gallery. What I understood about fighting was that when you came across someone who could inflict pain on you, it meant two things; One, you weren't as good as you thought and two, you needed to brush up on your game.

I had never been pushed to my limit like that and I'd fought several people in my lifetime. Back in Wisconsin, I was a junior champion in my league with Kick boxing and Stick licking. With what it took my mother a seven whole years to master, it took me three, so by the age of nine, I had beaten every kid in my age division nationally.

In my opinion, they weren't that great to begin with, so that wasn't a challenge there. What I accelled in was Ju Jujitsu.

As my mind went to the deliberate kick in the knee I'd received from one of the boys yesterday, I did a round house kick, hearing the rip in the bag as my foot collided with its side.

I balled my fist and slammed it into the front end of the bag, pushing the mounted sand bag toward the back of the attic. As it came back toward me, my left fist met up with it's swing and I watched as it busted open, sending an awful pain through my hand, up my wrist and to my arm.

As I pulled my hand back toward my face, I smiled as the sand bag bounced to the ground, toppling from the anchor that held it to the attic ceiling. The little piece that had held it onto the anchor had ripped.

Going over to the small fridge that held a stock of water, I went in, twisted the cap off and downed the bottle.

Not long after I'd opened it, I heard a voice yell, "Stefan, Olivia broke the punching bag...again!! I listened as he stormed downstairs in frustration. I finished the water in my bottle, threw it into the trash and then made my way toward the main area of the house.

When I reached the living-room, Stefan was telling Tavis, he needed to child out because there was another bag in the garage. "I don't want to be the one to drag that bag in the house and all the way up to the attic." He stated.

"Alright, I'll do it, but first..." He paused and glanced up at me, "I'd like to speak with you in my office." He stated, his Grey eyes probing mine. "Ok." I shrugged, "Where's ma."

"Sleeping." He stated. I furrowed my brow, "Why aren't you downstairs with her?"

"I needed to speak with you and it's important."

I rolled my eyes, irritated, When ever Stefan usually said he wanted to speak to me, it usually meant he was going to give me a stupid lecture about what...I wasn't sure.

He probably was going to talk about the other day and what happened. "I can explain that. I know I wasn't supposed to sneak out of the house, but I was curious as to what the ware house really was..."

"And you had to go right?" He inquired, his tone holding no hostility or anger.

I closed my eyes, "I know, y'all forbid me or Tavis..."

"I'm not mad at you Olivia. I get it, just come on so we can talk in my office. I'd rather discuss this in private." He stated.

"Non est mecum?" Tavis questioned him.

"Non." Stefan answered back.

Although I wasn't an expert in Latin, I understood no and what ever Stefan spoke to him, it was no to his question. As Stefan stood and beckoned me to follow him, I let him lead to the drawing room.

Once there, he sat down at a large oak desk, which had a computer, all in one printer and little nick nacks used to lend decor to the old piece of furniture.

I felt as if I was being brought to the principal's desk as he sat down in his usual spot, turned on the computer and I sat down at one of two empty chairs in front of him. My gaze drifted to the expansive library and liquor cabinet beneath a shelf of books. "You know, I've never seen you drink anything in that cabinet, yet you have so much alcohol."

He responded without looking away from what he was doing, "It's because I don't drink in front of children and most of what's there is for guests whom I entertain." I glanced over at him, not understanding why I felt so odd. I knew he wouldn't hurt me, yet this little meeting had me on edge. "I spoke with your father yesterday."

He stated.

I narrowed my brows, "Did you?"

"Yes."

"I'd love to hear what he had to say." I stated,

already convinced he was lying.

"He asked for you to join him at the Gallery."

"Mm, hmm."

"He'll be here at noon to pick you up. I'm expecting you to have some of your clothing packed and your pick of weapons." He stated.

I folded my arms across my chest. This was a hoax right? He and mom wanted to get back at me for leaving without permission.

"He'll be granted temporary custody through the training years however, during the summer months you are to come back to your mother and I."

I shrugged, Ok, if they wanted to play this little charade, I'd play. "Really...And I suppose mom approved?"

"She told me which ever decision I made, she would stand behind on."

"Eager to get rid of me that quick huh?"

"Just your mouth." He stated, his tone clipped. I was not surprised by what he spoke. In all the years that I'd known him, he'd been one to not bite his tongue on what he thought of an individual.

As this thought crossed my mind, I pondered what it was he was telling me. If there was one thing I knew about Stefan, it was that he wouldn't lie nor would he play games, if he had something to say, he'd just say it. He was that transparent. As my brows furrowed, I remembers Denver telling me that my father was in Bolivia and if so, how could he possibly be here?

"The young man lied to you, Olivia."

Stefan intruded on my thoughts. My eyes met him irritated, "Don't do that please, I hate it."

He smiled, "I bet you do." I let his comment slide and turned my attention back to him, "Ok, so when is he getting here?"

"Noon."

"Seeya." I stated, turning away, going to the door. As I reached for the knob, he spoke, "Olivia, before you leave, talk to your mom."

"Ok."

"I don't mean as you're leaving but at least an hour and a half before. She needs to see you before you go."

I glanced down at my watch. It was six in the morning. "As soon as I'm done packing, I'll go see her."

"Thank you." He stated. I opened the door, realizing that maybe Stefan wasn't so bad after all. I could feel

the ecstasy leap up within me, over joyed at my new beginning.

~~

Odilia flipped her hair over her shoulder, starring up at the ceiling in her bedroom. She couldn't explain the forlornness she felt at the thought of Olivia going, she understood that she had to go, but what she couldn't fathom was the idea that Oden could reach Olivia in a way that she couldn't.

She already had a hard time getting the girl to accept that she was a vampire, but if she went with the hunters, she would choose them over her own mother who'd been with her since conception.

Although Olivia was pushing her away at this moment, Odilia could feel in her heart that this stage would pass. At least it would have before Oden stepped into the picture.

Odilia had refrain from speaking anything about her father, because of the simple fact that he'd left when Olivia was three, and she had no memory of him. That and she wanted her to accept Stefan.

He was clearly a better father than Oden, who'd left his own two children, using that bull shit excuse of her being the reason. No man in his right mind would leave his children in the event of not loving the mother.

Truth be told, Odilia had loved Oden, way more than he'd loved her, a lot longer than he had. So much so that she had suffered through bouts of depression for a year after he left and had refrained from building any sort of relationship with any man until Stefan.

From the very beginning her attraction to him was so strong that it overshadowed any reasoning she attempted to have when dealing with him. Before him, she'd believed that no man would ever get as close to her heart as Oden had. However, she'd found a new height of love, desire and attraction with him. A bond that grew stronger and stronger as the years continued.

If she'd thought the love she'd shared with Oden had been real, it dimmed to nothing when compared to the man she'd come to understand in Stefan. His blunt way of dealing with things, compassion, and rationale were more than she'd hoped for in a man. When she ran around overly emotional without a rational thought in her mind, he leveled her out. When she opened her mouth too much, he spoke out on it.

Stefan was disciplined in such a way that she lacked that it steadied her. As she recalled the conversation from last night, she remembered how he'd kept what he'd known about Olivia from her. Exhaling sharply, Odilia felt that heat burn in her, fanning the flames. Calm down, love. You don't want to go there. He whispered.

Oh shut up Stefan. I'm not that angry! She yelled.

Yes you are. You need to chill out, for real.

Chill out?

Yes, Odilia Gregoire, you are really upset.

And you don't think I haven't a reason to be?

Of course, but not this angry. This type of anger is uncalled for.

Uncalled for? Stefan, how long have you known about Olivia being a hunter?

Since she was eight.

And how long have you known she'd be used to protect Junior?

Long enough.

Long enough to keep it from me.

I apologized for that, but as I said before, it wasn't time.

And I suppose last night was perfect?

Not really, I felt the longer I kept this from you the more sane you'd stay. You're too emotional.

I'm not, I can control my emotional state well enough.

Stefan laughed. I don't think so. You over react to everything.

What did you think I would say if you told me that Olivia was Junior's protector?

Exactly what you're saying now. That I deliberately tried to keep this from you to hurt you, but it was really to preserve you. I didn't think you'd be able to handle this.

Is there more to her being his protector than just training him, Stefan?

Stefan sighed, a lot more. They will fight together against Lilith.

Not that again. I thought she was done and over with.

He's been marked Odilia, she'll be back for him. She will try to use him to connect to this world. To control, manipulate things the way she sees fit.

She has that much power?

All but manifestation. She needs a human sacrifice for that.

Odilia raised a brow. Excuse me.

They're a packaged deal Odilia.

No.. she protested, You're lying.

It's true.

No... Feeling something fierce rise up in her, Odilia felt a headache come on. It was so severe that she blacked out.

~~

Odilia was floating away from her body. She was floating so fast, so far out that it was hard for her to grasp onto anything. She went so fast, past the many souls that were still throughout the earth and its atmosphere.

She continued to float away from the land mass, through the trees, through the clouds, through the atmosphere, out into a blackened sky where she stopped between the stars and the earth. Glancing down, she saw a hole splitting through the middle of the earth.

Inside, she could see many, many creatures down into the bottom of the earth, from humans, to vampires, to wolves, to creatures she'd never seen, and some she'd heard about in myths, dragons, with expansive wings, and talons so thick they'd shred anyone on earth into millions of pieces. "You shall not stop me." A voice stated in her ear, the tone hissing. "I will be where I am, how I am, and what I am." Odilia felt something so cold course through her veins, it filled her with dread. "You cannot contain a release!" The voice was so loud, so boisterous that it felt as if a speaker had blown in her ear, "I will be who I am, how I am and where I am." Chills, she felt chills and trembles course through her body so horrid that she could not stop the chattering the blistering cold wrapped her in.

~ ~

Olivia:

I went down to talk to mom like Stefan instructed and what I found astounded me. Stefan was leaned over mom, checking her pulse and calling her name. There was no answer. At first I thought she may have been asleep but then I watched as she seemed to loose color and began to pale. "Mom."

I called out, of course she would not answer me either.

I stared at her, confused as to why her body lay still the way it was with her hands to her side, almost like she was dead.

Horrified, my eyes went wide and I ran toward her. Right before I was to reach out to touch her, Stefan held out his arm, stopping me in my tracks. "Don't touch her, she's in hibernation right now." He stated all of this with a transfixed gaze on his features. "Wha...what?" I inquired, confused.

"She's in what they call a hyperbaric state." I stared at Stefan wondering how he could possibly know everything there was to know about everything.

Furrowing my brows, I sighed and glanced back at mom. "What does that mean?"

"I'm not sure what it means for her, but it's a state where the mind and body are inactive for a period of time."

"How long has she been like this?"

"For a couple of hours."

"You're not panicking?" I inquired, turning to him.

"No. I think she will be alright, I've seen this happen before with Shaman, it's like being in animated suspension."

"Should I stay, you know..." My tone trailed. In all honesty, I didn't want to stay, I wanted to leave, but given the circumstances, even for me that would be shallow.

"No, I'm sure she'll be alright, Olivia. I am going to call Raina and have her come up here, perhaps she can help her out of this." He glanced down at his watch. It read thirty minutes til eleven. "Go say goodbye to Tavis and Junior if you will."

I turned away from him and walked toward Junior's room. As I stood outside his door, wondering what to say, I heard a voice say, "come in." I twisted the knob and walked into my kid brother's room. He glanced up at me from his bed, A football in his hand, twirling it.

"Hey," I spoke, sitting down next to him.

"Hi, Olivia, right?" His tone was sarcastic as he tensed up.

I gave a small smile, "Right, look, I know you don't see too much of me, but truth be told I am not too fond of..." I struggled for another word other than bloodsucker. It was hard considering that I'd never spoke any word other than that one about vampires. This caused me to look at Junior with curious eyes.

He flickered his long eye lashes and stared up at me with dark intense eyes. His dark curly hair framing his head in a natural wiry way, the same as Stefan. "Vampires Olivia, we are vampires." He supplied. I smiled at his smart tone. "Vampires then, I've never been fond of them."

"No?"

"No."

"Why not?" He inquired, his gaze going back to his football.

I shrugged, "Well for starters, you drink blood, and everyone knows that blood is a life source and that's like taking a life."

"Yeah, well, dad says we aren't allowed to hunt humans."

I nodded. "That's a good thing, right?"

Junior threw the ball up in a toss and it came back down toward his lap. "I suppose if you're human it is, but you know what..."

"What?" I inquired, my gaze going to the floating football in the air. After throwing it in the air, the foot ball hadn't come back down.

"I'm not sure being a vampire is all that great either. I've been wanting to go outside in the light but mom and dad are smothering me in here. I don't go anywhere or do anything, it's so bad, they won't even let me enroll in public school."

I sighed, "Trust me, Junior, School is not all that and I know what you mean about smothering.

All these rules are grating my nerves. I'm so tired of do this, do that, I feel like I'm in a drill school."

"That's where you going, right? A fighting school?"

I nodded, "You could call it that."

"They will have rules there too you know."

"Yeah, they will but I will be more compliant when doing something I enjoy versus just compliance." Junior furrowed his brows, "I know I'm only six, but that sounds whacked."

I laughed, "It does doesn't it? I've tried questioning my beliefs at times too, but it's like something inside of me is like that."

"Something that wants to be free."

"Exactly."

"Maybe you will find more freedom when you learn to treat others better than you have been lately. Maybe your frustration is rooted to how you deal with everyone else." He stated.

"Come again?" I stared at him, unsure of how he even knew what he was talking about.

"You feel frustrated, misunderstood and at times unloved. If you learned how to deal with people, how to be conscientious of how you interacted with them socially, you would be less frustrated."

"Frustrated, misunderstood, contentious, interacted...seriously dude, you're only six and you're making me look bad." I stated, impressed at his vocabulary and knowledge of myself.

He laughed, "Well thanks but the question you asked I just answered. Learn to respect and you will be respected." I stared at him, taking in what he spoke. He didn't say anything else, just continued to hold the ball in suspension in air. "How did you do that?" I inquired. He said, "Heck if I know. I just know I can."

"I think it's raw."

"Raw...vernacular, right?"

"What?"

"It's a part of your original di..." He paused and chose another word, "common language."

"No...I don't think so..." I was perplexed. What was Vernacular?

"What do you mean by raw then?"

"It is an expression for cool."

"Ah, ok, so if I say Olivia's fighting skills are

raw, would that be accurate?"

I smiled, "You got it."

"Will you teach me to fight like you?" He inquired, turning bright luminous eyes upon me.

I furrowed my brows, "You want me to teach you to fight?"

"Yes."

"Why not your dad?" I asked, "I'm sure he wants that as his department.

He sighed and shook his head, "He would not be that great. He'd go easy on me. I don't want that."

I gave a sideways glanced perplexed. He actually paid attention to me? "You're my sister. I see the fight in you and I like it. It's what makes you great and will ascend you to the best."

I stared at him, "You know I don't like you reading..."

He cut me off, "I didn't read your mind. Your body expression says it all. I will not violate or intrude anywhere I'm not wanted. I'll give you your privacy."

I sighed, "I'm leaving today and I won't be here until the weekend before Christmas."

He finally allowed the ball to drop into his lap. "I guess I will see you then."

I smiled, "Yeah, you will." I stood up, feeling different about this little boy having just talked to him. I also felt a little calmer than I usually did. The storm that seemed to always brew was quieted down around him, that extra energy. I said, "Good bye Junior."

He smiled, "Don't you mean little bloodsucker?" I was speechless as I tried to come up with an explanation for what I'd spoken over the years.

He laughed at my expense, "Don't worry, I'm not angry."

"Maybe I'll just call you Junior."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you've earned it."

"Ok."

I waved to him and then found my exit.

Navaura
Navaura
38 Followers