FF Crystal Caravan Year 01

Story Info
The adventure of a young, inexperienced caravan.
30k words
4.82
6.1k
7
0

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 01/17/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER 1 - JOINING THE CARAVAN

Sala Joyrah gasped as the cold water splashed down her bare back. She was standing in the river along side her parents' house. She was washing up before their Caravan Ceremony in the center of the village.

Sala was a half Selkie half Clavat girl who was the newest addition to Tipa's Caravan. There were three others in the Caravan, one of them being Flora, her full-Clavat sister. Their mother Ezra was a Clavat and a bisexual who had her two daughters through one night stands with different men, both Clavats and Selkies. There was no telling who their fathers could be, maybe men from Tipa, maybe men met while Ezra was a Caravaner.

Ezra had long since settled down as a fisherman, met a nice Selkie girl and gotten married. They were currently the only lesbian marriage in the village, but Tipa was a very open village and it didn't bother anybody that Ezra had married Momo Soyo, a gorgeous Selkie with the usual traits of Selkies: long blue hair, a large bust and a love for love. A love which Ezra only too happily filled.

On the other hand, Sala, being half-blood, had inherited her mom's long crimson hair and light Clavat demeanor. She had also gotten her Selkie father's physical genes, giving her the Selkie's wonderful physique and characteristically large bust.

There was a noise behind her and Sala jumped, flipping around. She wasn't shy by any means, but the village did frown on the Selkie's love of nudity and naturalism.

"Relax sis, it's only me." Flora said, walking down the bank. She was wearing a basic Clavat outfit: Stockings and a large over-shirt that went to her knees and ended in large cuffs hanging from her wrists. She was truly a beautiful girl, a small Clavat chest and long brown hair from her father. She had kind eyes and a thin body, a little smaller than her younger sister.

"Good lord Flora, warn a girl before you come running up. I almost got it from ma when she caught me swimming naked around here. She doesn't understand it, but Momo does the same thing at night." Sala said, walking up to the shore. She took a towel from a rock and wrapped it around her large chest.

"You Selkies, I don't get nudity. It's nice to change and wash-up, maybe spend a few minutes in your room without clothes, but how could you do it in public. What if somebody saw you?" Flora said, scratching the back of your head.

"What's it matter if somebody see's you. I mean, if women see you, it's no different then seeing themselves and if men see you, all they can do is admire your naked beauty and think about you later. Eyes can't hurt you." Sala said, tossing the towel back on the rock. She shook out her hair and put her clothes back on, which were meager.

She only wore a thong, a very short skirt, a fur lined bra and some sandals. She did have a long pair of stockings, but they got torn up and recycled for patches and thread.

"But what about your privates. I mean, what if they see them, what if they don't stop looking?" Flora said as Sala brushed out her long crimson hair.

"Then it means they are only further enraptured by your beauty. There's nothing wrong with people seeing your breasts or your pussy, it's all natural and all beautiful." Sala said, putting her quiver back on the belt around the top of her skirt. She held a powerful maple longbow in her hand and was very skilled with it.

"You are so strange, how are you related to me or mom?" Flora asked, sighing fruitlessly.

"Blame the Selkie side of me, I enjoy nature and clothing isn't natural." Sala said, shrugging as they walked back up the shore to their house.

*******

They stood in the center of town, the four Caravaners were circled around Tipa's great crystal. The sisters Sala and Flora and the other two Clavats, Mick and Peter. Mick was an experience Caravaner of six years and Peter of four years. Flora had been with it for one already and Sala was joining this year.

The village elder stood in front of them with a large book in his hands and the Crystal Chalice at his feet. He read the ceremonial blessing while the entire village listened around them. The entire village was about sixty people, mostly Clavats and Selkies, but there is a single old Yuke who lives in the center of town and a small blacksmithing family of Lilties.

As opposites as Clavats and Selkies are, they live in perfect harmony in the small town. The Selkie's skill in battle and nature accents and guards the Clavat's peaceful farming lifestyle, making a town that thrives and survives in a world flooded with Miasma and covered in monsters. The Yuke living in the town was a skilled chemist and doctor who helped the village greatly with his considerably knowledge; while the small Lilty family were exceptional at making anything with metal and stone.

The village was truly a peaceful break in the storm of the world.

"Bless this Chalice and Bless this caravan, let them travel swiftly and peacefully. Return them safely to us with all the Myrrh we need to purify our crystal and survive." The Elder said, snapping the book closed.

"Bless you!" The entire village said in unison.

"We thank you, now let us set off. It's a clear and warm afternoon and I bet we could make the Belle River by tomorrow morning." Mick said, holding his sword high in the air. He was a Clavat with short brown hair and wore nothing except shorts and a shield on his left arm. He was a very skilled fighter and his body was covered in scars.

"We will be back before the winter with Myrrh and a caravan of trade goods." Peter said, holding up his long silver tipped spear. He had short blonde hair, was a year younger than Mick and he wore a full set of light leather armor.

"And we will all return safely!" Flora said, holding up her Falchion.

"We will be swift and courageous!" Sala said, holding up her bow.

The entire village cheered and cried with a wonderful spirit as the caravan started to move. They walked with the caravan to the bridge on the far side of the village that marked the edge of the Crystal's power. A small cloud of dust rose from the ground where the Crystal shield ended. Grass ruffled and there was a small strange glow along the shield.

Mick and Flora clambered up into the seat and Mick took the Papaopamus reigns. He clicked with his tongue and gave the reigns a flick.

"Come on Missy, let's go again!" Mick said to the Papaopamus. Peter and Sala walked along side the Caravan.

The Crystal Chalice was sitting inside the caravan with a few weeks of supplies.

The same shield that encircled Tipa encircled the Caravan and protected them in the Misama coated world. It was their life and their only means of survival. The Crystal Chalice must be protected.

"So, our plan for this year is starting with the Myrrh tree closest to home. Hopefully nobody has collected from it for a while so we can get some there." Mick said, handing the reigns to Flora. He opened a map and traced the trail with a finger, "It's a fairly calm path until we actually near the tree."

"You hear that sis, you're actually going to get to fight some monsters!" Flora said, looking down on her left at Sala.

"You guys fight them...I snipe them farther than they can see." Sala said, smiling. She wasn't far off because she was known as the best shot in the village and had such sharp senses that she was often assumed to be psychic.

"Just don't hit me in the back." Peter chuckled.

"We're not even out of the village and you two are quarreling already." Mick chuckled.

"I'll show you quarreling. You forget I'm the only Selkie here!" Sala said bearing her fangs. A common trait in Selkies, their teeth often grew in partially or completely sharp. Sala only had a pair of long sharp fangs in her mouth.

"Oh I'm so scared." Peter said with a chuckling sarcasm.

"Oh you will be...you will be..." Sala smiled.

"Sister, remember what you have become a part of." Flora said, her sisters strange sexual streak, the Selkie part of her made her a natural Nymphomaniac, but this was diluted by her Clavat genes.

"Yes Flora..." Sala said, stringing her bow over her shoulder.

They continued through the day, chatting and laughing happily, talking optimistically of their trip ahead of them. Sala munched on a striped apple and the group took turns walking and riding the Caravan.

They laughed and chatted, getting to know each other even better. Mick and Peter didn't really know Sala all that well because she was always taking trips out with the Selkie 'Shard' parties to explore into the surrounding peninsula and to hunt some wild game.

The sun started to descend in the distance as they walked towards the River Belle Path. It had taken less time than they thought and they reached the entrance to the path by nightfall. Monsters could be heard far in the distance as they released the Papaopamus to graze. Peter lit up a camp fire, set the Crystal Chalice near them and Mick tossed out a few sleeping bags.

"So tomorrow then..." Flora said, stripping off her overshirt. She slipped into her sleeping bag in her black stockings and bra.

"Pretty much." Peter said, sliding into his bag.

"I'm taking first watch." Mick said, sitting up on the Caravan.

"Hope you guys don't mind if I sleep naked." Sala said, tossing her clothes down in a pile next to the sleeping bag. She stretched in the luxurious freedom of nudity and sat down to slide into her sleeping bag.

"Really sis?" Flora started.

"You have no room to complain, I walked around naked in the house all the time, so does Momo." Sala said, cuddling up against her pillow.

"Really?" Peter said, smiling.

"You have to be kidding me...why Peter?" Mick said, groaning, "Just go to bed."

*******

CHAPTER 2 - THE CARAVAN'S FIRST BATTLE

"Sala, wake up. Sala!" Flora's voice floated through Sala's dreams.

"Fuh...five more...more minutes..." Sala mumbled, inching further down into her warm sleeping bag.

"No Sala, get up. We're going through the River Belle Path today and we need you awake!" Flora snapped sternly, waking Sala suddenly.

"Oh yea...I'm up, I'm up!" Sala said, sitting up. Her sleeping bag fell down to her lap, exposing her large breasts.

Peter, who was busy rolling up his sleeping bag, stopped and his jaw dropped open.

"Sala, get dressed before you get up!" Flora said, dropping her clothes in her lap.

"Yea...yea." Sala mumbled, pulling the furry bra over her head. Peter sighed and continued with his work.

Sala grumbled as she pulled up her thong inside the sleeping bag. She stood up and put on her small skirt. After stepping into her sandals, she quickly cleaned up her sleeping bag and put it in the caravan.

"Are you all ready? We are in for a fight now, there's always a good number of goblins and critters around the River Belle Myrrh Tree." Mick asked, looking at the other three. They nodded and continued with their preparations.

"Sala, I don't want you getting too far in. Remember, you have us here too, you aren't alone. We will protect each other as long as we can fight!" Flora said, putting a hand on her sister's shoulder.

"I know, but don't talk like that. Nobody's going to die, we will do this!" Sala said, smiling toothily; her fangs gave her a cute wolfish look.

"That's the spirit, now let's go. You're driving the Caravan!" Flora said, "Best place you can be with your bow."

"Okay, but if things get to thick, I'm coming in there with you guys." Sala said, climbing into the wagon. She gave a small whistle and flicked the reigns. The Papaopamus snorted and started to walk forward slowly, pulling the wagon with ease.

Mick took the lead with his heavy bronze sword. Peter was on the left with his spear and Flora on the right with her falchion. Sala set her bow between her legs and was prepared to fire as soon as possible.

"There, down on the left of the path. Three goblins!" Sala said, pointing.

"Where...?" Mick said, squinting.

The squat red creatures were still far off and difficult to see. Sala had spotted them further away than anyone else could've.

"I see them!" Peter said, pointing.

"Keep moving, when they get close we'll go after them." Mick said, holding out his arm.

They kept walking forward for another two minutes before the goblins spotted them and began to run crazily at them. The goblins were armed with stone spears, rusty swords and rocks. They were little red humanoid creatures with a horrible affinity for human flesh.

"Hold." Mick said, pointing at Sala. She stopped the Papaopamus and the caravan rattled to a halt.

The Goblins were nearing on them and Sala stood up, bow in hand. She held the bow in her left hand and pulled an arrow from the quiver on her left hip. She notched it and pulled the bow taunt. The goblins closed in and she pulled the arrow back to the bow's extent and let it go.

The arrow flew with a 'twang' from the bow and a whistle of air. It cut the space between them and stuck fast in a goblin's chest. It clutched the arrow and tripped forward, rolling over the arrow. It snapped and shoved into it's chest.

The other two goblins reached them. The first never got a chance to attack before Mick ruthlessly cut it in half at the waist with a powerful slice. Peter charged the other one and picked it up off the ground with his spear through it's stomach. He drove it back and yanked the spear free. The goblin groaned and rolled on the ground, holding it's bloodied stomach. Mick walked forward and drove the tip of his sword through the goblin's chest, killing it.

"Good warm up, let's keep moving." Mick said, hurling the Goblin's body off the path and into the tall grass.

Sala pushed the caravan forward and they continued. The next ten minutes were a slow walk along the Belle River. A number of goblins attacked them, but the tree warriors ruthlessly cut them down, giving Sala no reason to waste her arrows anymore.

"Keep it moving, the entrance to the Myrrh Tree is just beyond there, inside the cave." Mick said, pointing down the river. There was a small cave entrance at the end of the river.

"This is your third time here isn't it Mick?" Flora asked kindly.

"Yes, my first year we came here, then my third and now we're here again. Be wary, a particularly dangerous beast lives here and so far we've only been able to subdue it all these years." Mick said seriously.

"Damn, I forgot about the crab. I hope he's not still there." Peter groaned, looking up into the sky.

"Come on, we can take it down, what's wrong with you guys?!" Sala said courageously.

"Sala's right, we can do this! We've worn him down before, what's to stop us from killing him this year!" Peter cheered.

"Why not, let's go for it!" Mick said, smiling.

It was a fairly calm ride across the bridge and down to the cave entrance.

"So is the Papaopamus going to be okay?" Sala asked, jumping down from the Caravan seat.

"Yea, they were born in the Miasma and can live in it without harm. Grab the chalice." Mick said, looking into the cave entrance.

"I have it." Sala said, grabbing the white Crystal Chalice out of the Caravan. It was heavier than it looked and the crystal gave off a blue glow.

"Are you all ready?" Mick asked, looking them over, "When we get in there, remember, stay inside the barrier at all times and do not chase after him. He will come to us."

"Let's go then." Sala said, putting her bow across her shoulder, she hefted the Crystal Chalice and started to walk forward. They headed into the cave together.

Inside, the cave wasn't that large and there was a waterfall on one end. There was a large hole in the ceiling, letting light shine into the cave. Water splashed happily down a stream around the side of the cave. They walked to the middle of the cave and Sala set down the Crystal Chalice.

There was a rumbling from behind the waterfall and the cave shook slightly. A strange scratching noise came from inside the cave.

"Here it comes!" Mick warned, holding his sword out in front of him.

There was a clacking of shell on stone and a massive crab ran out and jumped at them. The group scattered and the crab ran past them.

Sala looked at the massive beast. It was a large crab-like creature with a massive carapace above his head. It was a huge shell with a large number of weapons stabbed into it. It was covered in scars and injuries of battles past. It's shell was reddish brown and covered in scratches. The beast was sure a veteran battler.

It bent down for a second and when it came up a large glowing bubble spit from it's mouth and started towards the group.

"Don't let it touch you. If it pops on skin it will make a sticky goo to slow you down." Mick said, stepping out of the way.

He swung out at the ball of water and it popped on his sword, spraying the ground with harmless water. It charged them again.

Mick skillfully dodged and slashed out at the crab's soft side under his shell. The Crab jumped and slid sideways, turning to them. Sala saw an opening and she took an arrow from her quiver. She notched it and pulled the bow back. The Crab turned to attack again, making a strange clicking sound with it's mouth. Sala let the arrow go. It flew forward and caught the Crab directly in the mouth. The Crab gave a sort of howl as the arrow pierced the soft inside of its mouth.

The Crab began to rage and it ran forward. Flora and Sala both jumped out of the way. Mick rolled and it missed him. Peter, however, wasn't as lucky. The Crab bowled him over and shoved him out of the circle of the Crystal Chalice.

"Peter!" Mick cried, running straight at the crab. He leaped out of the protective circle and ran head on at the Crab, sword prepared ahead of him.

"Help me get him!" Flora said, running out of the circle. Sala dropped her bow and turned to her.

Sala dove out of the circle and grabbed one of Peter's hands. The feeling of the Miasma around her was strange. It was like being underwater, unable to breath. The Miasma itself wasn't deathly poisonous, but it occupied so much space that you couldn't get enough air in a breath. It was strangling.

She held her breath and pulled on Peter as Flora pulled on his other arm. They pulled back into the protective barrier and looked at Mick. He was still outside the barrier, valiantly fighting the Crab. The Crab swung his arm and bashed Mick aside, knocking him out.

"Mick! No!" Sala screamed.

Something inside her unleashed its fury. A very primal Selkie gene inside her was controlling her actions. It urged her to attack and the moment she started to indulge it, it re-payed her with a wonderful feeling. She grabbed Peter's spear from his unconscious hand and she lunged at the crab. A throaty howl echoed from her and she jumped high into the air. The Crab seemed to move in slow motion as she raised the spear above her head. She fell and hit his large carapace-shield with the spear. The tip barely sank into it's shell. A large crack split from it and Sala planted her feet on his shell, pulling the spear free, she leaped back. With every movement in the battle, the pleasure that this rage was providing her increased.

Her mind wasn't even registering the lack of oxygen, the only thing that mattered was to keep indulging this fury so it would keep indulging her pleasure. She only knew one thing...kill this beast. She growled and bared her fangs, crouching low. Sala howled and lunged forward with an inhuman speed. The Crab made a swing at her with its claw, she jumped over it and jumped straight at the Crab's head. Giving an animalistic howl, Sala swung the spear with herculean strength and stabbed it directly into the crack on his shell. There was an audible [i]crack[/i] and massive chunk of it's shell fell off. Pleasure inside her peaked and she gave a throaty howl.

"Sala! Sala!!" Flora's screaming finally broke through her animal rage.

123456...9