Fight For Me

Story Info
Jamie runs into her past.
2.3k words
4.39
25.9k
9
12

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/21/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This is the first chapter of hopefully an ongoing romance story. This is my first try at posting a story so I would really appreciate comments and feedback. Thanks everyone!

-Deanna

Chapter One: Daydreams and Nightmares

"Remind me again why I agreed to this" I said to Danny as we made our way down the street. It was Saturday night and we were walking a few blocks to a party hosted by a friend of his. I'm not much of a party person so Danny had to con me into going. And of course I fell for it being the gullible person that I am. My feet were already starting to hurt from the heels I had on and I was starting think they were specifically made for women's torture. I never understand why women wore them anyway.

"You agreed because you love me and you didn't want me to go to this party by myself." Danny said smiling smugly at me. My best friend Danny was an expert at making you feel guilty about anything. I've known him since elementary school and I know firsthand on how convincing he can be. Especially when it comes to getting something he wants. In this case, it was going to his friend Jake's party. Apparently, it's some big important party where a lot of important people were going to be. He didn't want to show up without a date so he chose his best friend to go with him. It was also a formal party so we had to dress up which is why I'm wearing these ridiculous shoes.

"I still don't understand why you had to take me. You know I hate parties especially formal ones." I said irritated when I tripped for the fifth time tonight. Danny shot me a look but didn't say anything. I didn't mind because I was trying to concentrate on not falling. Did I mention that I hate wearing heels? Danny suddenly stopped walking and grabbed my hand. I turned and looked at him quizzically.

"Listen Jamie, the reason I asked you to come with me is because I really need you there. Jake told me that there's going to be a lot of people in the art business at this party and I want to make a good impression. That's why I need my best friend there for moral support." Danny gave me his classic puppy dog pout and I knew I was lost. See what I mean about his skills? Of course I would be there for him; he's had my back more times than I can count.

I patted his shoulder reassuringly. "You know I got your back Danny. But you really don't need my help to impress those people. You're a great artist and anyone who sees your work will agree with me."

Danny smiled and kissed my cheek. "Thanks Jay, I really appreciate you doing this." He ran his fingers through his brown hair. I don't think I've ever seen him this nervous. It made him look really cute when he was like this. Then, he had to ruin the moment. "Besides, you need to get out more. When's the last time you got laid anyway?"

I stared at him in shocked silence for a second before I reached over and pinched him on the arm. I got great satisfaction at the way he yelped and jumped back rubbing his arm. I glared at him before turning to walk down the street again. Danny fell in step beside me and smiled sheepishly at me.

As we got closer to the house where the party was being held, I couldn't help think that Danny was right. I did need to get out more. Danny didn't know it, but I hadn't gotten laid since our senior year of high school. I tried to, but I never got to that point with a guy that I wanted to have sex with him. I could never just go to a bar or a club and meet some random guy to have a one night stand. I would date someone that kept my interest for maybe a few weeks, the longest was a few months, but we never made it to the sex part. I always seem to compare them to my first love. The one I gave my heart to, and the one who broke it.

I pushed those thoughts away as we walked up the front steps. We could hear the party going on from inside, and people seemed to be still arriving. The outside of the house was made of mostly brick, and it had two stories. It was much more impressive than me and Danny's two bedroom apartment.

Danny rang the doorbell and after a few seconds a man opened the door. He was as tall as Danny and looked to be the same age as him too if not older. He had light brown hair that was cut short and sparkling green eyes. He was wearing a white dress shirt, black slacks, and black dress shoes.

"Danny, it's about time you showed up. What took you so long?" said the man who I assumed was Jake. He pulled Danny into a hug and motioned us inside.

"Fashionably late you know me." Danny said laughing. "Jake I want you to meet my best friend Jamie, Jamie this is Jake." He said making introductions

"So this is the famous Jamie. Danny talks about you a lot." He said smiling as we shook hands.

"Oh really, well don't believe a word it's all lies trust me." I said smiling. I had to admit that Jake was pretty cute.. That smile of his was contagious.

Jake chuckled, "Don't worry; it was nothing bad I promise." He signaled one of the waiters carrying drinks over. "Do you guys want something to drink?" he asked

"No alcohol for Jamie she's underage." Danny said smiling smugly at me. Asshole I thought glumly. He always has to point out that I'm not twenty-one yet. I elbowed him in the ribs then smiled innocently when he glared at me. Yeah, keep it up and see how many bruises you end up with tonight I thought wickedly.

As Danny and Jake talked, I took the moment to look around the house. The inside of the house was beautiful. The entire living room was a mixture of gold, white, and black. It had an elegant vibe to it. The kitchen had a bar, and there were waiters carrying drinks and snacks on trays. I could get used to this I thought excitedly.

Just then, a blonde haired woman with huge boobs sauntered over to Jake's side. The cocktail dress she was wearing didn't leave much to the imagination, but I guess that's what she was going for. She shot me a dirty look before smiling up sweetly at Jake.

"Who are your friends Jakey?" she asked in that annoying high pitch voice women seem to use when they wanted to sound cute.

"Amanda, this is my friend Danny and his date Jamie. Danny and Jamie, this is my girlfriend Amanda."

We said our hellos and exchanged pleasantries. Jake gave us the low down on all the big art executives that were here. Amanda's gaze stayed on Danny the whole time. The only time she did look at me was to shoot me an icy glare. I really couldn't care less though. I wasn't here to make friends with the plastic Barbie.

"Jakey, I hate to steal you away but you really must meet Mr. Thomas." Amanda said in that irritating voice again. Jake nodded and excused himself taking his bitch girlfriend with him.

Danny looked at me and smiled mischievously. I knew that look all too well. It's show time!

Over the next few hours Danny and I worked the crowd. It was like performance for us. Danny would play the handsome, intelligent artist, and I would play the charming, witty girlfriend. Everyone took to us right away. We were the life of the party. Danny got to meet a lot of the big shots and was able to talk about his art. I was really proud of him. The night was turning out a lot better than I expected, and I was having an amazing time.

I decided to take a break from the festivities, so I excused myself and headed for the bathroom. Danny refused to let me drink any alcohol so I'd been sticking to water all night. While I was waiting in line, I noticed a guy staring at me from across the room. I had seen him earlier glancing at me a few times but I had just ignored it. Something about him looked familiar but I couldn't place him. I shrugged and gave up. I doubted I knew anyone here anyway.

After I was done in the bathroom, I was ready to put in one more hour before calling it a night; my feet were killing me. I scanned the crowd trying to catch a glimpse of Danny; I finally spotted him talking to Jake. Just as I was about to head in that direction, someone grabbed my hand and stopped me. I turned to face whoever it was and my heart stopped. It was the guy who had been staring me earlier, but now that I was looking at him up close I knew why he looked familiar. I could never forget those blue eyes.

Time seemed to stand still as we looked at each other. Gavin Burkley; I never thought I would see him again. A thousand memories flashed in my mind as I stared into Gavin's crystal blue eyes. I wasn't sure how long we stood there gazing at each other but it felt like an eternity. I don't even think I was breathing. This can't be happening I thought frantically.

"Jamie, it's good to see you." He said softly

"Gavin..." I couldn't think of anything else to say; I was still in shock.

"You look really good..." he cleared his throat nervously before continuing. "So...how have you been?"

"Fine..." I was still unable to say much. "I-I need to go." I said wanting to escape

"Wait! Jamie, can't you talk to me for a minute?" he pleaded.

Something about that statement brought me out of my shock. Out of all the memories that I recalled a second ago, there was one that stuck. It was the one of me having my heart ripped out and thrown away like yesterday's garbage. I remembered all the pain and anguish I felt. I remembered how I tried over and over again to get Gavin to talk to me, and he just ignored me like I was nothing. And now he wants to talk.

"No, I don't think so Gavin." I stated flatly as I took a step back from him. I noticed a look of hurt cross his face before he hid it. That only succeeded in making me angry. What right does he have to be hurt? I was the one who was hurt I thought annoyed.

"Jamie, please I know-"

"No, you don't know Gavin. You don't know anything." I retorted glaring at him. I suddenly felt like I couldn't breathe. I need to get out of here I thought frantically. "I need to go." I turned on my heel and made a beeline towards where I last saw Danny. I heard Gavin call my name but I just kept walking. I had to get away from him before I did something I would regret.

When I reached Danny, he was talking to a group of people. One look at my face though, and he knew something was wrong. He pulled me aside to see what was up.

"You look like you've just seen a ghost." He said clearly concerned. I almost laughed out loud at his choice of words.

"I suddenly don't feel well. How about we call it a night?" I tried to keep the desperation out of my voice.

Danny searched my face for a long moment and then nodded. He turned to Jake. "Jake buddy, we've got to jet. It's past Jay's bedtime." I decided to let that slide.

Jake chuckled. "Alright man, I'll see you in class on Monday. Jamie, it was great meeting you."

"It was nice meeting you too Jake." I said sincerely.

I sighed in relief as we made our way toward the front door. I glanced around the house for any sign of Gavin but I didn't see him. I wasn't sure if I was relieved or disappointed about that. The walk back home was a blur. My mind was a jumble of so many thoughts that I was startled when I realized we were back to our apartment already.

The first thing I did when we got inside was kick off my heels. I plopped down on the couch in the living room and Danny sat down beside me. We were both quiet for a while. I definitely wasn't ready to tell him about Gavin. I waited for him to ask though because I knew he would. I wasn't disappointed.

"You want to tell me the real reason why we had to leave so suddenly?" he asked me.

I laid my head on his shoulder and let out a heavy sigh. "Can we talk about it tomorrow? I don't think I'm up for it tonight." I wanted to just say 'No, I don't want to tell you.', but I knew that wouldn't work.

He put his arm around my shoulders and kissed the top of my head. "Whenever you're ready..." He said quietly.

I must have dozed off because the next thing I knew I was in my bed; Danny must have carried me. I didn't bother getting up to take my dress off. I turned over on my back and stared up at the ceiling. I don't get it. Why now, after two years does he have to show up back in my life? What am I going to do? I kept asking myself that over and over again until sleep took me again. I dreamed of blue eyes.