Fighting Terrorism - Finding Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Erika took the A-8 autobahn and we arrived in the city in less than thirty minutes. Remember there are no speed limits on the autobahn and watching the speedometer I never saw her drop below 160 KPH (100 mph).

Driving into the city she went directly to the Hotel am Rathaus where she had reserved a two bedroom suite. I showered, shaved and changed clothes before we went out for lunch at a nearby bier stuben or small beer room which also served as a restaurant.

Haji-Resa arrived by train later in the early afternoon and checked into the InterCity Hotel adjacent to the Ulm Hauptbahnhof and less than a kilometer from our hotel. It was a perfect location for me to observe any communication he might have with his unknown contact.

It was well past seven in the evening when we learned he was on the move. He went to a small cafe just down the fussganger (pedestrian walkway) from his hotel. Erika was notified by one of her team that Haji-Resa had taken a seat in the back and was joined by another man shortly afterward.

I saw Haji-Resa's computer come on-line and then another one opened up right next to him. I quickly 'captured' that one. I was able to discern that a flash-drive was being plugged into Haji-Resa's laptop and an encrypted file was downloaded. With that being accomplished another flash-drive with information from Haji-Resa was downloaded onto the contact's computer. The entire exchange took less than five minutes.

When the contact left he was followed by another of Erika's team and he would be taken into custody later that evening.

Chapter Six - Erika gets to know Rick better.

I watched Rick as he manipulated his little computer. He told me that the files he had gotten from Haji-Resa and his first contact's computers were heavily encrypted. I asked him if that would present a problem and he answered me, with a grin on his face, 'no'.

He said he would be able to decrypt them without any problem. It would take some time, probably a half hour or so depending on the sophistication of the original encryption.

He then went on to describe the process in terms I could understand. His explanation was in plain everyday language and not computer/speak. He did not make me feel uncomfortable in any way with my lack of technical expertise. When speaking to me he only looked at my face and no where else.

He excused himself saying he wanted to shower once more and went into his room. I remained in the lounge of our suite and turned on the television. Germany was playing Argentina in the World Cup Final and the scoreless match had gone into extra-time. In the 112th minute Germany scored taking a 1-0 lead. They held on to the lead and won.

The TV then showed people celebrating in the streets all over Germany. I went to the window, opened it and saw hundreds of people in the street below celebrating. They were yelling, dancing and waving flags as they made their way to the Münster Platz (church square) for a huge party.

I was enjoying the scene when Rick reappeared and asked what was all the commotion.

Chapter Seven -

After finishing my shower I dressed and walked back into the lounge. I heard a lot of shouting and cheering from the street below. Erika was standing by an opened window and I couldn't help but notice her shapely figure as she leaned over the window sill.

"What's all the commotion about?" I asked her.

"Germany has just won the World Cup Fußbol (soccer) Tournament and the nation is celebrating. If it too noisy I will close the window." She responded.

"No, no. Let's watch for a while." I said as I joined her at the window.

For the next half an hour we watched as the celebration streamed by in the street below. Finally all that was left were a few stragglers running by to join the crowds assembled in the church square a few blocks from our hotel.

A few minutes later after she closed the window my computer chimed the alert telling me it had finished the decrypting of Haji-Resa files.

As I read Haji-Resa's flies I realized that he was not here to gather the technical information to build a bomb. He was here to coordinate and implement a plan to explode several devices simultaneously one in Tel Aviv, one in Berlin and one in London as well as the one in Washington D.C. Included in the files, downloaded from his first contact, were the names of those terrorists who were to carry out the plot in Tel Aviv.

I shared this information with Erika who immediately notified her superiors advising them of the new development. Meanwhile, I re-encrypted everything I had and transmitted it, via a secure satellite link, to 'The Agency'.

It was even more imperative now that we uncover Haji-Resa's other contacts in order to obtain everything we could to stop these attacks. Neither of us slept well that night knowing what the price of failure would be if we were unsuccessful.

The next day Erika was notified, by one of her team, that Haji-Resa had gone to the train station and purchased a round trip ticket from Ulm to Munich leaving at eight o'clock the following morning. We would take an earlier train and be there to follow him when he arrived.

At six o'clock that morning we were at the station and boarded the ICE (Intercity Express) for Munich. I was nervous that once we got there we might lose him in the crowds of people visiting this popular tourist city. Erika assured me that this would not happen.

Placing her hand on mine she said. "Let me worry about that, you worry about getting the information from his contact when they meet."

Chapter Eight - Munich

Haji-Resa arrived in Munich at 10am and went to the U-bahn station (subway) and boarded a train headed in the direction of the Marienplatz. We got on the same train but several cars back from the one he was in. Two stops later he got off at the Marienplatz (Mary's Square located in the center of the city). He was followed closely by Erika's colleagues and we trailed behind out of sight.

He entered a cafe on the Marienplatz directly across from the clock tower that housed the Glockenspiel, a mechanical device featuring medieval knights holding a jousting tournament with the townspeople dancing afterward holding the city's banner aloft. It was a big tourist attraction.

We found seats at another cafe and I set about powering up my computer. At eleven o'clock, as the Glockenspiel began its morning performance, his computer booted up and another one right next to him did as well. I 'captured' this one immediately as information was passed between the two terrorists.

Thirty minutes later at the conclusion of the Glockenspiel's performance the two terrorists left and mingled with the departing crowds. Both were followed and contact number two would be taken into custody later in the day. Erika was informed that Haji-Resa had headed back to the train station and was waiting to board a train for the return journey to Ulm.

Since we did not want to take the same train as him and risk him spotting us we elected to visit one of Munich's most famous beer halls, the Hofbräuhaus. Erika told me that it made no difference what time of day or night the place would be jamb packed with tourists and locals. Finding two seats at a long table filled with locals, we ordered. Beer is served in one size only, one liter glass steins so that's what we had along with a plate of bratwurst and sauerkraut. It was fun being with her and listening to the brass band playing as we ate and drank.

Leaving there we caught the afternoon train that left at three and arrived back in Ulm just after five that evening. As soon as we got back to our hotel room I set about decrypting the files that had been 'captured' earlier in the day from contact number two. It contained the details for the attack on Berlin. This was quickly passed on to Erika's superiors.

One other bit of information I garnered from today's work was that Haji-Resa was meeting his final contact in Frankfurt in two days and then would fly back to the States. The planned date for the attack was for ten days after his return. If all went as we hoped, it would never take place.

Chapter Nine - The end of Haji-Resa

Two days later found Erika and I safely checked into the Hilton Garden Inn Frankfurt Airport Hotel. Haji-Resa was staying at the Sheraton Frankfort Airport Hotel just a hundred meters or so from ours. At seven-thirty that evening he met with his third and final contact to exchange details on the up coming attack on London. As before, I was able to 'capture' contact three's computer and learned everything regarding that planned attack.

After sending this information back to 'The Agency' I was informed later that evening that all the data I had collected had been shared with Israel's Mossad and Britain's MI-5 counter terrorism divisions.

The next morning Haji-Resa was on Delta Flight 15 leaving at 10:15am CET(Central European Time) back to the United States. He was scheduled to arrive at 2:24pm EST (Eastern Standard Time) after a ten hour flight. He would be met by my colleagues from 'The Agency' as soon as he stepped from the plane and placed under arrest. At eight o'clock that evening I was notified, via the secure satellite link, that Haji-Resa and his computer laptop were in custody.

Additionally, I was told that I was being sent new orders to be completed before I would be able to return home.

Chapter Ten - A new assignment for Rick and Erika

The Deutsche Staat Polizei Counter-Terrorism Unit, of which Erika was a member, had received some recent intelligence regarding the Red Army Faction. It is more widely known as the Baader-Meinhof Gang, a home grown terrorist organization.

I was instructed to assist Erika's agency using my computer expertise in any way I could. It would seem that Erika and I would be working together again for quite some time.

Truth be told I was not unhappy with this turn of events. Over the past two weeks I had developed more than just a passing fancy toward her. Hopefully, the time we would be spending together now would allow these feelings to grow for both of us.

Just as I about to share these new orders with Erika her cell phone rang. Answering it and listening for some moments I heard her reply.

"Yes, I understand . . . . . Tomorrow at 0930 hours. . . . . We will be there. Gute nacht (good night) sir."

Turning to me with a big smile she said. "We have to be in Berlin tomorrow morning at the headquarters of my Counter-Terrorist Unit for a briefing on a new assignment. It would seem we will be working together again."

"I'm too tired to drive all night, Rick. If we hurry we can catch the next flight to Berlin Tegel airport." Looking at her cell phone display she continued.

"Lufthansa has a flight leaving at 2230 hours and it arrives at 2345 hours."

We managed to catch that flight and arrived at the gate in Berlin at five minutes to midnight. While walking through the terminal, Erika made a phone call to secure a hotel for us to spend the night before our briefing the next morning. We then boarded the shuttle for the short trip to the hotel.

Using her agency's credit card she checked us in and we made our way to the room.

Once we were in the room I immediately noticed a problem. There was only one queen size bed. When I pointed this out to Erika she simply replied to me.

"So this is a problem? The bed is large enough for the two of us. Is it not?"

I was too tired to answer and stripping down to my boxers fell into bed. Erika went into the bathroom and after some minutes returned, turned out the light and climbed in next to me.

Waking up somewhere around 5am I found Erika spooned up next to me with her soft derriere right up against my growing erection. My left hand was fondling her breast. As I tried to remove my hand away she grasped it and murmured softly.

"No leave it there. I like it." She promptly fell back asleep but not before wiggling her butt even closer to me.

So I did.

In the taxi the next morning, on the ride to our appointment, I tried to explain and apologize for what had happened.

She turned to me and placing her fingers on my lips she said. "Not now we will talk later."

Chapter Eleven - Moving our relationship forward

Erika walked me into the headquarters of the Counter-Terrorist Unit and after showing our credentials we were allowed to proceed. Taking the elevator to the sixth floor we exited down a corridor toward the reception desk. There we were instructed to proceed to a conference room several steps away. Walking into the room an older man introduced himself to me as Thomas Mueller, the head of Erika's unit. Two other men came in, were introduced and sat at the table with us.

Herr Mueller then began speaking.

"To begin with I would like to bring you up to date regarding your previous mission. As you may, or may not, know all of the terrorists involved in the plot to detonate a dirty nuclear bomb in Tel Aviv, Berlin, London and Washington, D.C. have been apprehended. The bombs have been found and are in the process of being made safe."

Nodding toward me he continued. "On behalf of the German government I congratulate and thank you for the difficult task you have accomplished."

Turning to Erika he said. "Fraulein von Sturm, I also, extend my congratulations and thanks for a job well done. It goes without saying that this commendation will be reflected in your personnel record."

"Now for the business at hand."

Herr Mueller explained that the Red Army Faction, or as it was also known the Baader-Meinhof Gang, had resurrected itself after its leaders had been either killed or jailed in the late 1990's.

"Right now they are in the process of reorganization and gathering money to resume their terrorist activities. It will be your task, Herr Wilhelm, to gather as much information as possible using your unique skills. Fraulein von Sturm you are being assigned to give all the support and help he may need."

At that point the other two men took over the briefing and gave me all the intelligence they had gathered to date. It was quite extensive and would take me some time to fully digest it all.

Leaving the offices I was surprised to see that it was already past four in the afternoon. Neither of us had anything to eat since a hurried breakfast almost nine hours ago. We found a small, quiet restaurant on a street just off the Kurfürstendamm (one of the main boulevards of Berlin). After being seated and reading the menu we ordered dinner. After finishing our meal I, once again, attempted to apologize for what had occurred the previous evening.

"Rick," she replied. "Nothing happened last night that I did not want to happen. Do you remember when I told you of the unique ability I had to discern anyone's feelings and intentions from just their facial expressions and body language? What I did not tell you was I have the ability to switch that ability on or off at will."

"After the first day we met at the airport in Stuttgart I elected to turn off this ability where it concerned you. I wanted to accept you at face value. Over the the past weeks that we have been working together I discovered something. You have always treated me with the greatest respect and as your equal, willing to listen and accept my decisions on what we should or should not do while in the field."

"The night we watched the World Cup celebrations in the street I saw your reflection in the window as you came into the room. You were looking at my derriere. Don't deny it. I know what I saw."

"I became concerned and switched my ability back on. I had to know what you really thought of me. Every man I have ever gone out with has just looked at me in the same way. Only with lust and a selfish desire to satisfy only themselves."

"What I see in you is entirely different. I have discovered several things. There is respect and admiration for me. But even those feelings pale in comparison to the love and affection for me that I see in your face."

"I have looked deeply into my own heart," she continued, "and have discovered I have the same feelings for you as you have for me."

As we walked back to the hotel, in the growing chill of the evening, I felt her shiver so I put my arm around her and pulled her closer to me. She, in turn, wrapped her arm around my waist and snuggled closer.

As we entered the lobby the desk clerk, who was on duty the evening before, called to us. "You inquired about a separate room last evening and one has become available. Would you like it?"

We looked at each other and I replied. "No, thank you. We like our room just as it is.

Chapter Twelve - The beginning of the end

It took Erika and me the better part of three days to read and digest the nearly eight thousand pages of surveillance data provided by her organization. We broke it down by individual reports. I would read one, making notes, while she read another. Then we would swap and read each other's looking for something one of us may have missed. It worked well. We worked hard each day and when we returned to our hotel room we did manage to even get a little sleep each night.

Finally I was ready to 'hack' into the terrorist group's computer network. I had been warned that they were using a very sophisticated anti-hacking software package with multiple firewalls. The Germans had not been able to penetrate past the first firewall.

Once I established contact with the terrorist network server I looked at it for some minutes and then turned to Erika and chuckled.

"Erika, no problem. I'll have us inside in just a minute or two."

"How can you be so confident?" She asked of me.

"Simple." I replied. "I wrote the program that they're using a few years ago while I was finishing my Ph.D. I left a backdoor, buried in the code, so I would always be able to break-in if I ever needed to."

With a few keystrokes I was inside. "Now lets see what they are up to."

I transferred every last scrap of information from their server to my little computer and then backed out of their system erasing any trace of my intrusion. There were over two thousand files, each password protected. It didn't make any difference. I was easily able to work around their passwords and access their data.

It took some time to weed out all the crap but when I finished we had everything needed to destroy their organization. One of their last files detailed plans for infiltrating the largest bank in Germany. They had an almost fool proof plan for stealing tens of millions of euros. (I'm not providing any details, as it was so ridiculously simple I don't want you to try it yourself.)

So ten days later I found myself sitting in the lobby of Deutsch Bank waiting for the gang members to arrive and implement their plot. I had my little computer ready to stop their attempt to electronically transfer tens of millions of euros to a secret Swiss account. Erika sat with me. Members of her counter-terrorism unit were stationed in and around the bank along with teams from the Staat Polizei.

Four men entered the bank and one had a laptop computer with him. They walked over to a desk, a few steps away from me. While the one with the computer was setting up, the other three turned away and were watching the crowds of customers.

Suddenly, one of the three spotted a bank guard. He panicked, drew his weapon and began firing. The other three followed suit. Erika stood and immediately began to fire back. She hit one and then she was struck twice in the upper chest and fell to the floor.

I fell on top of her to prevent her from being shot again. I was then hit in my left shoulder. I could feel Erika's gun beneath me, grabbing it, I rolled over and shot the remaining terrorist. I kept firing at him until the slide of her automatic locked open. The other three men lay on the floor having been killed by Erika's colleagues.