Final Edition

Story Info
Final Edition: Shannon gets her revenge.
4.9k words
3.86
123.8k
17
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Final Edition: Shannon Gets Her Revenge (Or Does She?)

Jeff Emerson awoke with a start, soaked with sweat in his bed in the resort that he owned in Miami.

Damn that was a horrible dream. Jeff thought shaking his head.

All that crap about being a bum for five years, then coming home to his wife that cuckolded him for months then him taking her back and finding out she had a lesbian lover. Yuck.

Of course he wouldn't put it past that bitch. She was probably capable of anything.

The truth was he had cheated on her once, while drunk at a party with a chick who had been after him for months. Then the whole thing had blown up in his face. It had cost him his job, his reputation and a good measure of his self respect.

But Shannon had lost it. Totally.

She acted like he had slept with every woman in the county since the day they were married. Get real.

Jeff knew he had screwed up and was willing to accept responsibility and take a certain amount of crap. But Shannon had lost her mind.

She came up with this plan that she would spend a two week "vacation" with Alan Watson on a cruise that Jeff had already paid for.

Bullshit!

Jeff had told her she was out of her mind if she thought he was going along with that crap. He told her in no uncertain terms that her idea was out of the question and that if she did it he was done with her.

Well she had done it in spite of his warning.

Jeff had contacted an old college friend of his and asked if the job he had offered was still available.

It was.

Jeff closed out all the accounts, split the money 50/50 sold his car and put the house on the market (It was his before the marriage, love those pre nuptials) .

Jeff told his family that he was accepting a job offer in another town and that he would be in touch later.

They were still pissed at him about his screw up. Their attitude was "Who cares where you go asshole. Don't call us we'll call you."

Jeff's answer was. "Fuck you too. I don't need your bullshit anyway."

So Jeff left town and went to work for his friend, a man who bought and sold multimillion dollar properties like other people sold used cars. He and Jeff made a lot of money.

Damn that was a fucked up dream thought Jeff again. I wonder what really happened to everyone. I might make a visit to the old hometown to see.

Being a man of almost unending means, he decided to indulge his whim.

First he hired private investigators to do some research on the "folks back home".

He got some really unexpected information.

First he was still married to Shannon. She never filed for divorce. Damn he needed to call his lawyer to see if she could get any of his dough. That would really suck.

Second his brother had about run the family business into the ground with his mismanagement. He really was a dumb shit who thought with his dick, as three ex wives demonstrated.

Third his father had about died from a heart attack. That's why his dip shit brother was running things. His Mom was concerned with his father and not the business.

Fourth, his sister had married Shannon's brother Wayne. Wasn't that a pisser.

Jeff decided that even though he was still pissed at them, they were still his family.

He set up a corporation that bought out the family business and installed a competent manager.

He made sure all his parents medical bills were covered and they received a generous monthly check.

He also found out that his attorney had filed legal separation papers at the time he left. Shannon had agreed to them and had signed them. The papers included a clause that stated she gave up all right to his future earnings and he to hers.

So he was covered on that front. Thank God.

Now was the time to make his grand entrance, or was it reentrance?

THE RETURN

Cruising down the main drag of his former hometown, just as the sun was setting, in his two year old SUV,(he thought spending big money on cars was a waste.) things looked pretty much the same. A few new stores and a couple of new convience stores were about the grand total of changes.

Arriving at the old homestead, he knocked on the back door.

His mother came to the door and looked at him through the screen. Her jaw dropped and tears were in her eyes as she slung open the door and rushed into his arms.

"Jeff. Where have you been? I've been worried to death over you!"

"Well mom, I left on kind of shitty terms. I figured you didn't want me around so I split."

She pulled back and looked at him. "You always took things to heart. We were ashamed and embarrassed. But we would have gotten over it shortly."

"Well it sure didn't look that way to me. The whole family took Shannon's side. Even when she went off with Alan the Dipshit. I figured the family had made their choice."

"I never took her side. I thought she was a very upset and confused young woman who made a bad decision. She allowed herself to be influenced by that jerk Alan Watson.'" Said his Mom "It didn't take her long to realize that she made a mistake. She was back in three days."

"That was three days too many as far as I'm concerned. I know I screwed up, but two wrongs don't make a right. I was drunk as a lord at a party, which is not an excuse, but if I'd been sober it never would have happened. I lost my job, my reputation was ruined, and I lost a lot of self respect. But I wasn't going to be a cuckold for anyone. Period." Jeff said

"Well that's something you need to work out with Shannon. She's been waiting on you to show up. She works and goes to classes. No dating. She comes here on Friday for the Family Bar b Que." Explained his mother

"As far as I'm concerned, she needs to move on. I've been done with her since the day I left. There's no going back."

As they were talking, his father walked up behind him. He spun Jeff around and punched him in the mouth. Knocking him on his ass.

Jeff looked up from the floor and said, "High Pop. Glad to see you too."

His father reached down and helped him off the floor. "That's for worrying your mother and I to death and for you not being here to run the business when I got sick. Your dumb ass brother about ran it into the ground."

He then pulled Jeff into a bear hug. "Damn I missed you son." As tears ran down his cheeks.

Jeff felt watery eyed himself. "Sorry Dad. It was something I had to do."

"We were lucky. Some Corporation bought us out for a good price. Even provided Health Insurance for us." Said his Dad

"I know Dad. I own the corporation. I set up the sale so you and Mom would be taken care of. And so my dumb ass brother would have a job so he can pay his alimony." Jeff explained

His mom and dad looked at him with surprise.

"Do you remember Randy Watson from college? He became a big time developer and made a zillion dollars. He tried to get me to work with him for a long time, but I didn't want to leave Shannon or home."

"But when the shit hit the fan, I called him and asked if the offer was still open. He said yes, and both of us made mega bucks. That's how I could afford to buy the business. I have more money than I can ever spend." Jeff said

"Ill be damned." Said his Dad

"Come in at sit down at the table. You want Coffee?" asked his Mom

"That would be great." He replied

"So what else is new?"

"Well your sister's husband, Wayne, is in jail for assault and battery." Said his Dad

"Did he beat up Martha? I'll kick his ass if he did. I never liked that sucker anyway." Jeff exclaimed

"Hold on Jeff. He didn't hit Martha, even though she probably deserved it." Said his Dad. "He slapped the shit out of her lesbian lover when he caught them in bed together. They were doing some kinky stuff."

"He said she attacked him and he was defending himself. She and your sister say he just slapped her. I think the whole thing will get thrown out of court, but who knows." Added Mom

"Your sister is ashamed to show her face around town. We haven't seen her since it happened." Said Mom

"Why is he still in jail?" asked Jeff

"No one to bail him out. His parents are dead. We'd do it but he won't let us. He doesn't want to get the family involved. Plus he has a legal aid attorney. You know how good they are." Said Dad

Jeff pulled out his cell phone and hit a number on speed dial.

"Let me speak to JJ. Now damn it. This is Jeff Emerson."

"JJ, this is Jeff. I need your professional services. My new brother in law is in the local slammer. His name is Wayne Simmons. Yeah bail him out and see what you can do about getting the charges dropped." He said

Looking at his dad he asked, "What is the woman's name he slapped?"

"Annie Burris. Dr. Annie Burris." His dad answered

"JJ, the woman's name is Annie Burris MD. Have your PI check her out and see what dirt you can dig up. Yeah call me back. Bye."

Turning to his parents he explained. "That was Jon James Cartwright III, Esquire, Attorney at Law. He's a good friend of mine. He'll take care of getting Wayne out of the Crossbar Hilton. His PI will find any dirt that this Dr. Burris has hidden."

"Why are you helping him? I thought you didn't like him?" asked his dad

"If he slapped that bitch he can't be all bad." Laughed Jeff

Can I have my old room for a week or two? I'm beat." He asked

"Of course. Let me make up the bed." Said his mom

Next Day

Jeff woke up the next morning in the bed and the room he had grown up in. The bed where he got his first piece of ass. Shannon.

It had been her first time too. They had been so much in love since junior high. They both cried when they finished making love. The first of many times to come.

There were times late at night alone in his bed, even when he wasn't alone that his soul ached for that love. He missed his soul mate.

Because deep in his heart of hearts he knew that he'd never love anyone that much again. There would never be a love like the one he shared with Shannon.

But she had killed it when she got on that plane with Alan Watson. She had broken his heart in a million pieces and then set the pieces on fire.

Jeff knew he had to see her and discuss the details of the divorce. Finally put that part of his life to rest.

After a quick shower he dressed and went into the kitchen, his nose following the smell of his mom's fresh rich coffee.

The kitchen was empty, but there was a note on the table telling him that his dad had a Doctors appointment and that they would be back later.

After drinking a couple of cups of coffee and eating a homemade blueberry muffin, he decided that he might as well get it over with. Time to face Shannon.

She was living in their old house. He had decided after he left, to let her live there rent free as long as she kept up the taxes and the upkeep.

It was only a couple of blocks so Jeff decided to walk.

Halfway there his cell phone rang. "Jeff Emerson." He answered

"Jeff, this is JJ. I sprung your brother in law from the local jailhouse. Plus I got some good stuff on Dr. Burris." He said

"Yeah. What you got?" asked Jeff

"She's been in town about a year. Seems she had to leave her last practice because of a nasty divorce from her doctor husband. Seems she was having a lesbian affair with not one, but several of her female patients. The husband hired a PI and got photos and video. After these fell into the hands of the husbands and boyfriends, she was done. Had to leave town again." Explained JJ

"What do you mean again?" asked Jeff

JJ laughed. "This is strike three. I think we can get her medical license. If not make her lose her practice here. Probably civil damages for breaking up your brother in laws marriage.

"Good work JJ. Thanks for the fast work. I'll see you later." Said Jeff

"Later Home." JJ said as he hung up.

Jeff reached his former home.

It looked pretty good. Fresh paint and nice yard. Shannon had kept it up well.

Jeff was thinking, I guess I'll let her have it as part of the divorce deal.

Walking up the drive way, he noticed a nice sporty car in the driveway and an almost new pickup truck.

As he lifted his arm to knock on the door it swung open.

Shannon stood in the doorway looking more beautiful than the last time he saw her. Blond hair and blue eyes. Long legs. Trim waist and set of knockers to beat the band.

Jeff felt his heart start beating wildly in his chest a mile a minute.

He finally got it together, "Hi Shannon. How are you?"

"As well as someone whose husband has been gone for five years and left his wife in limbo." She said in a flat voice

Jeff looked at her. He hadn't thought she'd be pissed at him. He figured she try to get them back together. Guess not.

Jeff got kind of pissed at her attitude. Fuck this bitch he thought. I sure don't need her shit.

"Well I've come to release you from purgatory. We need to discuss the divorce. What you want, what I want etc." Jeff explained in a calm voice.

He saw a flash of surprise in her eyes. "Come on in." she said

He entered his former living room. All new furniture. Guess she's doing well.

As he prepared to sit on the sofa, her brother Wayne came into the room.

Walking up to Jeff, he grabbed his hand and shook it. "Thanks for springing me from the clink and sending that lawyer. I appreciate it. Especially being that we never liked each other and Martha being your sister and all."

Jeff shrugged his shoulders. "My pleasure. I never liked lesbians anyway. And my sister did do you wrong. I owed you."

"JJ said he got some good dirt on Dr. Burris. Enough to force her out of town with her tail between her legs. Might even civilly sue her. Depends on what else the PI can find. JJ will keep you informed. He's a smart and ruthless SOB." Jeff laughed

Shannon looked surprised. "You got Wayne a lawyer and bailed him out?" she asked

She looked at Wayne. "You didn't tell me that. Why?"

Wayne looked at her. "One, I was sworn to secrecy. Two, I know you and Dr. Burris used to be big buddies. Three, I know you are still pissed at Jeff."

Jeff looked at Shannon. She couldn't look him in the eyes.

"So you and Dr. Burris are big buddies? How close are you. As close as my sister? Is that why you didn't bail your brother out? Jeff asked quietly

Shannon finally looked him in the eye. "Yes for a while. But I realized she was a manipulative, controlling bitch. She's only out for her own pleasure and doesn't care who she hurts to get it. I finally woke up and cut her loose. But in retaliation she seduced Martha. To punish me."

She looked at Wayne. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. But by the time I figured it out, It was too late and you were in jail.

Looking at Jeff again, she continued, "I didn't have title to the house so I couldn't get a property bond. I've been running around trying to get enough money together for a bail bondsman. I finally had enough money and was heading for the bondsman when Wayne came home."

Jeff shrugged. "What ever floats your boat. I never thought you'd turn lesbian. Of course I never thought you'd go off with Alan Watson either. Shows how much I knew about you."

"I never thought you would cheat on me with that Bimbo either. But you did." Shannon quipped

"I made a mistake. I was drunk and very stupid. I lost my job, my reputation and a large amount of my self respect. You made a conscious decision to cheat on me with someone you knew I hated. I don't believe it's the same thing." Snapped Jeff

"But that's water under the bridge. Let's bury the past and get on with our lives. What do you want?" he asked

Shannon sighed. "You're right. I was wrong. I should have stood by you. Instead I let that son of a bitch talk me into going with him. You know I never made to the ship. The more I thought about it, the more I was convinced that I was screwing up big time."

"When we got to Miami to board the ship, I turned around and went back to the airport and got on the first plane home. But you were already gone. I cried for days." She added

"I worked and went to school. Then to the gym. I never dated. Never went out unless it was with your family or Wayne and Martha."

"About six months ago, my gynecologist retired. I went to Annie Burris. We got to talking and started hanging out together. One night we got real drunk and I started crying and whining about how much I missed you. She said she could make me forget about you."

"She did for awhile. But I noticed that she was attempting to control my life. It was all about her. I realized what she was doing and cut her loose. She was pissed. She was the one who cut people loose. Not the other way around. She then went after Martha while Wayne was working out of town. The rest you know." She said as she covered her face with her hands and began to cry.

That was it. Jeff could not stand to see her cry.

He pulled her on his lap and held her close, whispering in her ear, "Don't cry baby. You know I can't stand it. Please stop crying. We'll work it out. Just don't cry, okay."

"Oh Jeff! I still love you so much. I don't want a divorce. I missed you so much. Please don't leave me again. I'll do anything. I was so wrong!" she cried

"We were both wrong. I've missed you too. I willing to work on things if you are. I've been telling myself I didn't love you anymore. But I was fooling myself. I've always loved you. Ever since junior high." He said.

There was a knock at the front door. Wayne said "I'll get it"

His teeth about fell out. It was his wife Martha.

Wayne quickly raised his hands and started backing away from the door. "What do you want? He asked

"Can I come in. I need to talk to you. Please." Martha asked

She then saw Shannon on Jeff's lap.

"When did you get back in town." she asked Jeff.

"Last night. I'm staying in town for awhile." He asked

"Oh." She said turning to Wayne. "Can we go somewhere more private?"

"Not on a bet. Anything you have to say to me you can say in front of my sister and your brother." He said

"He doesn't even like you." She said

Wayne laughed. "That might be, but he got me bailed out of the can and got me an ass kicking lawyer. He stays."

"You bailed him out? With what? What lawyer?" she asked

Jeff smirked, "Well little sister I've done real well since I left. I own tons of property. I have more money than I can ever spend. The way you screwed Wayne over, I decided I owed him. The lawyer is my friend, JJ. Jon James Cartwright III. He's one of the best legal minds in the state."

Both Shannon and Martha looked shocked.

"I went to the jail to bail you out. You were already gone. I figured Shannon had gotten you out. While I was there I made a statement saying that Annie attacked you and you were just defending yourself. I'm sorry it took so long for me to get my shit together. I've been hiding out, ashamed to face anyone." Martha explained

"I know you can never forgive me for what I did and how I hurt you. But I still love you with all my heart. But if you want a divorce, I'll understand. You can have everything." She said in a trembling voice.

Wayne looked at her. "Martha, I've loved you for a long time. I gave you all I had to give. You threw it all back in my face. I'll have to think about this for a while before I come to any decision about our future. I know that's not what you wanted to hear but that's the truth." He said as he turned and left the room.

Martha burst into gut wrenching sobs. Shannon got up from Jeff's lap and helped her to the sofa.

Jeff leaned over and hugged his baby sister. "At least he's willing to think about it. I think he'll decide that the love you have for each other is more important than a bad decision that you made. Just give him time to think."

Martha looked up at her brother, "When did you get so smart?"

"About ten minutes ago." He laughed. "When I realized how much I still love Shannon and didn't want to lose her. And that she still loved me even though I've been a jerk for the last three years."

12