Finding Happiness

Story Info
After the War, a father and daughter are drawn together.
3.9k words
4.47
86k
105
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ghostwind
Ghostwind
185 Followers

They say that war changes a man. True as that may be, it changed many more than the men lucky enough to come home. My wife Amelia was more changed than I. The worry for my safety and then for our son; it took its' toll on her.

Young Bertie was killed in the final days of the war; he had been a fresh young subaltern; conscripted, hurriedly trained and then thrown into the meat-grinder. He made us proud though, earning the Military Cross in his first action, a very rare feat. It sits on the mantelpiece, pinned to his picture.

Amelia was taken the following year. A great outbreak of influenza killed indiscriminately across Europe and beyond. I was lucky, in a perverse way; I never even had a sniff. But Amelia and Constance, our daughter, both caught it. Amelia had given all her strength in the preceding years worrying about me, and then Bertie too, and Bertie's death; the flu' took her in short order.

Constance, or Connie as I always call her, recovered. She was well enough to attend her mother's funeral, which was a quiet affair; we had already lost a lot of friends too in the last few years. It was us too alone now.

I was one of the few to remain in the army after the war. It was said that we had just endured the war to end all wars; but only by dreamers and blinkered ideologists. Those of us in the business of war knew it would come again. So I was given a job in Whitehall, helping to organise the new army; trying to retain the lessons of the last war for the next and continuing to deal with the ever present minor brush-fires across the empire.

We had a London house, plus a small pile in the country. When Constance finished her schooling, she came to live with me in the Smoke. I considered it no place for her; but she inherited my stubbornness and insisted. She became my companion, taking her late mother's place at formal occasions and the like, and running our small household.

There were occasional suitors; she had considerable beauty, well beyond even what a father only sees. She rebuffed all of them and it made me glad. The average young men in the capital these days were mostly quite unsuitable; most of them from reserved occupations or outright shirkers of their wartime duty.

Connie had the appearance of an angel; a body of fitness from ample sports during her schooling, unblemished fair skin, a smile of sweetness and eyes of understanding. Her hair was blonde and naturally curly; she wore it long most of the time, just like her mother.

My daughter reminded me of the angels illustrated on the early wartime posters, shown over scenes of our brave soldiers, directing and protecting them in their duty to resist the Hun. Of course those posters were just government tools to encourage enlistment, but I like to think of Connie and her mother too as angels protecting me when I'd been out there.

Connie and I had the same circle of friends for the most part. I know most daughters at the time would have cried of embarrassment to share friends with their parents, but Connie was forever at my side when I endured social engagements. We always dined and reposed together at home, I think sharing a sense of contentment with each other's company.

She had in most respects become my wife, I suppose, by that point. She became more so, subsequently.

I still had nightmares regularly. Perhaps nightmare is too much of a strong emphasis on a dream filled with terror. Indeed my dreams did include horrors, but it was more the rush and exhilaration of action; being so close to death and never being so much alive. Perhaps my mind missed it all.

My body didn't miss it. Numerous shrapnel wounds and three from bullets were all over my body. Thankfully I had avoided serious permanent injury, but I still suffered twinges and stiffnesses in the limbs occasionally. Connie's eyes were always upon me, and filled with worry when my step slowed or I stopped to take a breath.

I could understand her. Any sign of frailty, to her, could indicate my imminent demise, leaving her alone in this world. She would never quite believe my denials.

One night, I woke up suddenly; instantly realising I was bathed in sweat and sitting up. My daughter appeared as my vision cleared, she was standing at the end of my bed, holding a lamp and looking at me in petrified shock.

As the thunderous, murderous, exhilarating world I had dreamt left my consciousness; I was able to take in her presence. I told her I was alright. She swept down and hugged me tightly, sobbing suddenly that she couldn't bear to see and hear me endure such horror. I held her back for a while and then sent her back to her own room.

I smiled as I remembered the dreams. She had thought them horrors, but it was the action I vividly recalled in my slumber; nothing else compared; one really felt alive in the middle of it. The real horrors back there we had become accustomed to and they didn't bother me then or now. I missed Amelia so much more; her absence was what caused the anguish I regularly felt, and Bertie too. But I still had Constance.

I went into my water closet and had a wash then came out and put on a fresh night-shirt. As I climbed back into bed, Constance returned and said it might help if she accompanied me while I slept.

My daughter accepted no argument and stood her ground. I was tired so I let her do as she wished. Thankfully the bed was large and I had always slept on my own side, even these few years since Amelia had gone. My daughter took my wife's side. After she doused her lamp, I was instantly asleep.

I woke refreshed, as per usual, but feeling something I had not felt for a long while; the warmth of another human body against mine. Connie had moved across the bed in the night and was laying half over me. I could feel her breast pressed against me. Something inside held off any sense of propriety, or maybe it was just her unconscious-closeness, innocent; my child lying in my bed; even though she was a grown woman now; I loved her the same.

I laid there, just enjoying her presence. It was a Saturday and neither of us had anything prescient to attend to. He head was on my chest, her long blonde curls spread everywhere.

She woke slowly, taking in her circumstances. It felt like an eternity from when I felt her first stir to when she raised her head and looked at me. "Good morning, father" She said simply but contentedly.

I kissed her on the forehead. "Good morning, darling" I replied softly, "How did you sleep?"

"Wonderfully; and so did you, so quiet and steady; no agitation or excitement. I must sleep with you more often . . ."

"Oh, dear Connie; I do love you. But you are my daughter, not my wife, and you are a grown woman; you cannot be sharing my bed. It just isn't proper." I replied, concerned. I was concerned for propriety, but I felt the bliss of her close presence and I confess I did not want it to end, nor did I want it to not be repeated.

Her eyes mirrored mine, saying the same. "I so wish I could, dear father, to be beside you when you most need me."

We both rose and attended our toilet in our own rooms. But there was something now between us; not separating us, but silently pulling us together; a shared bed that suggested happiness of a closer kind. We were lacking in conversation over breakfast, something unusual.

I gave it no more thought until that night when I had climbed into my bed and it felt empty. But, I asked myself; was I missing Constance, or was it really Amelia? Part of me wished my nineteen year old daughter had not been in my bed last night. It brought back things I had missed and put out of my mind.

Not least the loneliness of a bed to oneself.

A few nights later and I woke up in the morning to realise I was not alone again. Connie's blonde hair was over my face and her body was pressed against mine, again.

Her explanation "You were shaking so badly and calling out that I tried to wake you, but when I couldn't, I hugged you and you went quiet. When I let go, you said 'no!' so I didn't leave."

It happened again less than a week later. But this time I woke, lying on my side; with her back to my front; both pressed together and my arms around her. Such an intimate, almost sexual position, I was disturbed that I could be in such a circumstance with my daughter. I then forbade her to sleep in my room.

Several days went by; then on a Saturday I went to the club for luncheon and Constance took in a concert with our neighbour's wife and children. I joked and drank with my comrades there and had a really good time, which extended into the afternoon; and with no prospect of it finishing I sent word home that I would be missing dinner.

Things got a little wild at the club as the afternoon turned into evening. We all drank well and the staff aptly decided on a buffet meal rather than a sit-down dinner, since we were not in the mood for formality. It felt like we had gone back in time; all of us had been in the thick of it in the last war, and some of the older hands had been in the South African war before it too.

Some of the games, old mess favourites, became a little too wild as everyone let out all the pent-up vivacity which society had stoppered since our returns from active service. I was drunk to a definite degree, but not embarrassingly so. As things quietened down in the late evening (or was it the early morning?), I hailed a cab from the club, back home.

I was distinctly inebriated, enough so that when my butler let me into the house, he offered to help me up the stairs. I dismissed him and hummed an old soldier's tune as I carefully climbed the stairs; which now gave a particularly mountainous impression as I embarked my climb.

Amelia was in bed, asleep and I managed to not wake her as I shed my garments, none too tidily and cleaned up before slipping in beside my wife. I reached out and stroked her golden hair; then feeling a rush of lust for my wife; as any man should, I took hold of her and pulled her against me.

She cried out in surprise until I clamped my mouth upon hers while my hands pulled her nightdress up. Her dainty limbs resisted half heartedly as I rendered her naked. I dived beneath the sheets and prised her legs apart to taste her.

My tongue found her sweet flavour between her intimate lips as I explored her most private of possessions. Amelia cried out and her hands were upon my head as I attended to my wife. They first pulled but then suddenly pushed me in and I found myself locked between her legs as she writhed and cried out repeatedly in ecstacy; though I could not make out what her words were.

She climaxed at least twice, secreting her nectar to me. My manhood though ached to be used; it was painfully hard.

I moved up her body, kissing her all the way and sucking on her delicious breasts in turn. Then as I reached up to her face, I looked her in the eyes and plunged my cock into her; an action sudden and deep.

She screamed more with pain than pleasure but the sensation of her tight sleeve clenching around my manhood blocked any further thought of that as I started to slide in and out of her. She was sobbing, crying even, but my pleasure was ecstatic inside her.

Amelia's sobbing subsided and she responded more appropriately to my efforts as I pounded into her. Now she exhorted me on, not crying but crying out for more, faster, harder. Then she climaxed, arching her back, and clawing at mine.

I felt the pain, the same I remembered it before as her fingers cut my skin and it gave me a final burst of energy as I repeatedly rammed myself into her. The heat from her body was intense and as she found herself after her climax she pulled my down against her and we kissed passionately, our tongues fighting in our conjoined mouths.

I could feel my balls tensing and I knew I was close; from the spasming of her vaginal passage I knew Amelia was close again too. I broke our kiss and put my last strength into the rutting as she made wails of pleasure underneath me.

My own climax hit suddenly and I hilted into her, firing deep into her womb. Maybe this will be our third child, I thought in a single strain of mental clarity otherwise overwhelmed by the intensity of my pleasure. She was spasming beneath me from her own too.

I remained inside Amelia as I settled down upon her body, her heat like fire. But I was too exhausted now. I withdrew and kissed her gently on the lips. "Thank you, wife." I said, then rolled over and fell into the oblivion of sleep.

The next morning I woke without a hangover, which surprised me. Amelia was in my arms, her body against mine and the memory of last night flooded back; the passion and the energy, the fire burning in us.

But my mind slowly cleared, and looking down at the head of golden curls on my chest, I realised suddenly that they were the wrong subtle shade of blonde.

Amelia . . . but Amelia was dead. My wife was dead. But here she was very much alive? My heart was beating harder now as I struggled to comprehend this conundrum, my brain still rather pickled with alcohol.

Suddenly she woke, probably from my heart beating as hard as an alarm clock now. And she looked up at me, revealing her face. "Constance?!" I cried in recognition.

"Good morning, father" She said sleepily as I looked on in horror. "Thank you." She added, smiling, resting her head back upon my chest.

"No." I said, hesitatingly. "It can't be. Did I dream it, please let it be so." Had I taken my own daughter last night? Even if I had only dreamt of the passion, had something happened, asleep or awake but inebriated; might I have actually physically done it? She was here after all, here in my bed.

"It was a dream, father; my dreams come true. You made me a woman; you made me your wife." Connie said, settled and happy.

"Amelia." I said.

Connie chuckled. "Oh father, I did wonder what with you being drunk and everything; whether you knew it was me or whether you were somewhere else in your mind, with maybe someone else. But you were so forceful and powerful, I couldn't say no. I didn't want to either."

"What have I done?!" I asked in anguish.

"Stop this, father." Constance said suddenly and firmly, sitting up and turning to face me properly. Her pert breasts were exposed, but she paid her nakedness no heed. "I wanted this. You needed it. We love each other. That is all we must consider. You've given me a great gift; you have made me a woman. It is something I would not allow any other man to do; I chose you a long time ago."

"It's so wrong." I said. "We can't do this. If word gets out about us, we will go to prison. This is incest."

"I don't care." Connie shot back, her beautiful chest heaving. "I am your wife, now, by ancient law. Look father, I am going to get washed and dressed. Think this through; you'll see it was meant to be."And with that she bounded off the bed, grabbed her gown and threw it on, and walked out.

Think it through I did indeed. I suppressed my emotions and tried to think it out logically. I accepted the situation and made some tentative decisions. So be it.

Suddenly Connie burst back into my bedroom. She was dressed in casual clothes and carrying a bowl. "Don't say or do anything, husband." She smiled "hmm, I like calling you 'husband'. I need to finish this."

My daughter, and now effectively wife, sat on the side of the bed. She pulled the bedsheets down and I shivered a little in the morning air, though it was not too cold, but I was exposed to her.

"So this is what impaled me last night?" she asked rhetorically, looking at my cock, which was relaxed at this point. "I need to get him clean first. You made me bleed last night."

"Sorry" I said, feeling oddly sheepish; but oddly not uncomfortable in front of my nineteen year old daughter.

"Hush, father." She replied as she took a wet cloth from the bowl and wrapped it around my manhood. She stroked me, wrapping her hand around the cloth and working it up and down. "Jekyll and Hyde, maybe" she observed as my cock became engorged and hard with her handling. "Hello, Mr. Hyde."

I just laid back and let her work. It felt too good.

"Now I can do this, father, please consider it my thanks for what you did last night, even if you perhaps didn't mean to do it." She said and took the cloth off but still retained a grip of me.

"I didn't mean to do it to you" I clarified, "Oh my God!" I cried out as she quickly impaled her mouth with my cock by dropping her face upon it. Her fellations were exploratory, as she had never done this before, but my daughter certainly was eager.

Amelia had never done this to me, ever. I'd experienced it on foreign service though, from lovers and whores in exotic places. Constance, my daughter, was now giving head. And she was easily on a par with those practised dusky girls too.

She raised her head and spoke "Do you like this, husband?"

"Yes, wife." I replied to my daughter. I am damned, but I love my daughter both as my child and as my new wife. It'll do, and the sooner I get to Horse Guards the better, to sort it out.

"Good, because I am going to give this to you every day." She replied and went back to sucking on my cock. I had a sudden urge to disengage her, spin her about and take her again, but I was content to let her continue, this time.

"I'm almost there! You don't have to swallow if you don't want to, Connie." I said quickly, warning her. But when I grunted and fired, she did not lift her head; she took all that I gave her and didn't gag on it.

Constance raised her head off of my cock when it was all done. My spent member slipped from her lips. "Delicious." She simply said and stood and walked out, carrying the bowl.

Breakfast appeared otherwise normal and we acted as if nothing had changed. But when I was about to leave the house; my butler Coggins, who'd been my batman in the war, helped me don my coat and stopped. "Err, sir. Permission to speak, umm, freely?"

"Well, sir; it's about you and Miss Constance. Beggin' your pardon sir, but it's about bloody time! I hope you'll be happy together, sir. Others might judge, but 'appiness is more important." He smiled, half expecting a rebuke or even a punch, but we knew each other too well.

"Thank you, Coggins. You've always had my back." I replied, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Always, sir. Whatever happens." And as I withdrew my hand he stepped over to the door and passed me my hat and gloves, before opening the door and letting me out into the street.

I was gratified. I knew I could trust him. He would keep the staff in line too.

I returned in time for luncheon. It was just Connie and myself. We made idle small talk until the meal was complete even though I was positively bursting to explain my morning's achievements.

"Connie, darling. What we did was wrong. Very wrong." I opened and I could see her face drop, almost to the point of tears, thinking I was putting a stop to our intimacy. "But I love you and you love me. Our love has become something society will never accept."

"So what are we going to do?" She asked in a small but hopeful voice, though simultaneously dreading several possibilities.

"Do you wish to really be my wife?" I asked.

"More than anything, father; you are my man." She said passionately.

I nodded but said nothing. I stood and moved around to beside her. Then I dropped to one knee, a little awkwardly due to my old wounds, and she gasped as I extracted a small box from my pocket. My daughter held her hands to her mouth in shock. "After much thought, I realise I feel just as deeply about you. Constance Amelia Hannington-Blythe, would you do me the supreme honour of joining me in matrimony?"

"Oh, daddy! Father! Oh yes, yes!" She cried and threw her arms around my neck. She sobbed for a little while, holding me tight but then she pulled back and took the ring, sliding it on to her finger and admiring it.

Ghostwind
Ghostwind
185 Followers
12