Finding Meridian Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alex started to cry. Connor grabbed her to hold her up. "She's going to make it. She's strong." He sat her on his lap.

The doctor took her hand, "We are doing everything we can. I'll let you know when anything changes."

~~~~~~

Minutes seemed like hours as they sat in the room waiting to hear any more news on Trinity's status.

Connor went down to the cafeteria and handed Alex over to Logan. She had finally cried herself to sleep.

Marcus pulled Meridian on to his lap, "I'm so sorry little one. I love you so much and I was wrong with what I said. I was wrong. I really hope I didn't fix my mistake too late." He held Meridian as she cried until she fell asleep from exhaustion.

12 hours later the doctor walked in. Logan and Marcus woke up Alex and Meridian.

The doctor walked over to Alex. "I have good news she's stabilizing. She actually started to wake but we've put her in a drug induced coma so she can heal. She still is not out of the woods yet but it's a great sign. We won't take her out of the drug induced coma for another 12 hours. Please remember we won't really know anything until she wakes up. Because of the skull fracture we won't know about any brain damage until she is awake and we can test her."

"Thank you doctor. When can we see her?" Alex relaxed against Logan.

"We have her in ICU, only one at a time and for 15 minutes. It can help if you talk to her. It might be possible for her to hear you. I can only allow four of you to go visit her separately. We don't want to overload her. A nurse will be in shortly to show you in to her room."

"Thank you doctor," Alex said.

Drake walked over to Alex, "Please let me go talk to her. I know you may hate me but I am so sorry for what was said and how I treated her. I really care for her. I was going to resign until Marcus told me he had the law removed. I also wanted to ask for your forgiveness as well as Meridian's."

"Ok Drake, I forgive you and you can go talk to her but Meridian and I go first. I forgive you." Alex said while wiping the tears from her eyes.

"I forgive you but there will be consequences for what you said. Payback is a bitch and so am I." Meridian said.

"What do you mean?" Drake looked concerned.

"Don't sleep too deeply!" Meridian growled at him. Marcus pulled her back and she stared up at him. "Don't think you'll be getting out of this without me paying you back too!"

"Calm down little one. We will fix this." Marcus was concerned what she would do to him.

Marcus went over and grabbed Alex's hand, "I too apologize. I would appreciate seeing her and apologizing. I hope that you and Meridian can forgive me too. I'm hoping for forgiveness without too much payback."

Both Meridian and Alex forgave him and allowed him to see Trinity. Meridian refused to remove her threat for payback.

Connor walked in, "What did I miss?"

"She woke up, it's a good sign. They put her in a drug induced coma so she can heal. They'll take her out of it in 12 hours. I'm staying but if anyone wants to go home and clean up and come back feel free. We won't know about brain damage until she wakes up. Meridian is threatening Drake and Marcus with payback." Alex started to relax against Logan.

"I would lock my door at night and I hope you aren't deep sleepers. Her payback is a bitch!" Connor said as his face twitched like he was remembering something she had done to him.

All of the men refused to leave. The nurse came in and Alex headed to see Trinity.

~~~~~~

Alex started crying when she saw all the tubes hooked up to Trinity. She looked so frail and tiny.

She went over to the bed and grabbed her hand resting her head on the side of the bed crying.

"Don't leave your sisters now! We just got back together. You have to pull through this. I promise Drake and Marcus are sorry. We'll even set them up and take a battery with jumper cables to their balls if it makes you wake up and smile. Please Trinity, come back to us. We love you so much. I can't think of this world without you and your laugh."

She sat there staring at her sister and the anger welled up. "You fight this Trinity! You never gave up before don't you dare do it now do you hear me!"

She finally gave her a kiss on the cheek and left.

~~~~~~

When Meridian went into the room she felt her heart was being torn apart. She wouldn't allow her sister to be taken from her just after getting her back.

"Hey sis, you need to heal and come back to us. I know Marcus and Drake will be coming in to apologize. I've already promised payback so you have to wake up to choose what you want me to do to them. What would make you smile more? I was thinking snakes in their bed, scorpions in their shoes, hair remover in their shampoo? These are very important decisions I can't make without you. I love you Trinity. I need my sister back. Don't leave us now. And if Drake isn't good enough for you I'll just accidentally toss him out a window on to a rose bush. Vampires are sturdy but it will sting. You need to get well and come back to us. I miss your laugh."

Meridian got closer to her ear and sang lightly to her. It was a song she sang to Trinity when they were children and Trinity had gotten hurt. "Don't cry our little Trinity, don't make us miss your laugh to long, we love you more than if the stars were gone, our little Trinity come back."

She kissed her forehead and left the room.

~~~~~~

Marcus was waiting outside the door and heard her sing to trinity. He hugged Meridian, "That was beautiful. I love you." Marcus walked into her room next. When he saw all the machines and tubes he felt like he had been punched.

"Hi Trinity, it is Marcus. I wanted to apologize for what I said. It was wrong. I was wrong. Come back to us little one. Drake resigned before I had the law removed. If you don't come back he's going to see if a vampire can die from alcohol consumption. Please don't go. I'm so sorry for my insensitive words. I am so sorry. Come back to us."

Marcus kissed her on the forehead as he noticed Drake in the hallway looking in.

~~~~~~

Drake walked in and felt like his heart was being torn out. She still had some blood on her face and he went and got a warm wash cloth and wiped it off.

"I know I'm sorry will never cover what was said or how I treated you. So you have to get better so you can kick my ass. Make me suffer. But come back to us sunshine. Come back to me sunshine. I'll even eat your crack cookies for punishment if you come back to us. I've never felt like this about anyone. I resigned today after you left. I don't want to be without you. Marcus had the law removed but we can do whatever you want to do as long as you'll consider forgiving me. Come back to me sunshine. I love you sunshine."

The nurse came in to motion he needed to go. He went up and whispered in her ear, "Come back to me sunshine." He kissed her forehead.

~~~~~~

Drake met everyone back in the private waiting area.

"Alex, as soon as she is close to stable, I want her taken to the house. I want to give her my blood to heal. She can hate me forever as long as she lives if she needs to but I want her well."

"We have to wait for at least the full 48 hours. I will call Damon and have him set up our medical crew." Marcus walked outside with his cell to set it up.

Alex looked at them confused. "I'm lost what is going on?"

Meridian went over and took her hand, "Drake is going to give her blood. The blood will make her heal fast. Marcus is having his crew set up medical so after 48 hours we can get her to the house and they can make her well."

"What about the brain injury? Will it fix it?" Alex was concerned. "I love her but don't want her to be an invalid." Alex buried her face in her hands.

Drake walked over and sat next to her, "It will fix it. Marcus gave blood to Meridian to heal her. It links mates together but even if she hates me afterwards I can accept that as long as she doesn't die. I'll even eat her cookies." Alex started to laugh.

12