Finding New Adventures Ch. 03

Story Info
Dinner and an unexpected ending to the night.
1.3k words
3.55
6.8k
2
0

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/17/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was six o'clock on the dot and there was a knock at the door. Sybil answered the door and smiled sweetly at James. She was surprised that he knocked on the door, after all they lived here together for over three years, and it was not that long ago that he walked right in after a long day at work. None the less she welcomed him in, as he walked through the door he took in a deep breath and sighed with a smile. Sybil's son bounced up off the couch when he realized who it was and ran to James with excitement and open arms!

"Dad!" He exclaimed, "You're here!" He slammed into James practically knocking him over, causing him to stumble backwards.

"Hi Bud!" James had always called him bud, since the day he met him. "How are you doing? Are you helping your mother around the house?"

"Yes! Just like you told me to. I have been making sure that I do a little extra work, she hasn't even asked me to. Are you staying for dinner? Mom is making ribs and loaded mashed potatoes."

"Yes I am staying for dinner that sounds wonderful. I have been living off of my cooking." He made a grimacing face at the boy, they both gave each other a little look. Knowing that James' cooking was not the greatest.

The two sat down on the couch and caught up, it had been about a month since they had seen each other, and there was much to talk about. Sybil smiled at the sight of the two of them laughing and talking like they used to. She walked off into the kitchen to finish up dinner and get it on the table. She had missed cooking for her family and it had only been the two them as of late. She was shuffling around the kitchen making little noises here and there. James had missed this sound, he always admired the way she moved around the kitchen. He would often walk in there to snag a taste of the food, and to see what she was doing. He thought it was funny to catch her off guard and chuckled at how cute she was when jumped and chastised him for it.

"Sybil, is there anything that I can do to help you?"

"Sure you can clear off the table..." that was Sybil's typical response whenever James asked if he could help with something. She didn't even think about the fact that he was now a guest in her home.

James jumped up immediately and got to work on the table. Shuffling around the junk that had piled up. He could tell that they had spent most of their meals at the couch, and Sybil just didn't have it in her to sit at the table. It just didn't seem right without her whole family there.

"All done. Is there anything else that I can do?"

"Um..." Sybil looked around the kitchen. "Why don't you get out some plates and glasses, I'll serve dinner at the table tonight."

James set the table while Sybil carted the food out and set it down. She arranged it nicely and went to the fridge to get James some beer and drinks for her and the boy. She set the drinks down and served the food. It felt natural to plate James' food and he looked at her in such a tender appreciative way, he felt bad that she was serving him, he didn't feel that it was right since they weren't together anymore. He didn't say anything, he didn't want to make it awkward, and truthfully was enjoying the care and attention. They sat around the table and ate dinner, talking about school, work, and just life in general. There was much laughter and even a little flirting between Sybil and James, her son chimed in every now and then and seemed to enjoy the unity.

When everyone was done with dinner they boy cleared the table and did up the dishes. Sybil went to the kitchen and grabbed some desert plates to serve up some Dutch Apple pie that she had made earlier in the week. James was surprised that she even had desert for them; he was puzzled that she had time to do all of this, but he had always thought that she worked miracles in the kitchen anyways. After desert they boy excused himself and went to take a shower, he paused around the corner to see if he could hear them talking, he was enjoying having his Dad back in the house and was hoping that it would last.

"Sybil, this was a lovely meal, you did not have to go through all of this for us. But I appreciate it."

"Oh James, it was nothing. I had already made the pie, and dinner was quick and easy. It was nice to cook for someone other than the boy and me."

"Well it was nice to be here. Maybe I should go so we don't confuse him. I would like to stay, but I don't to get his hopes up."

"No, you need to stay. Mom could really use your company. I'll be fine. Good night Mom, good night Dad!" They boy ran over and gave them each a hugs and a kiss and ran off, "I'm going to bed now, I'm tired, see you in the morning. Love ya!"

"Love you too." They both said it at the same time, they were good at things like that.

Sybil and James looked at each other and started to laugh. He was trying to play match maker and it was adorable. James reached over and took Sybil's small delicate hand in his, looking at her lovingly.

"He is a great one! You did well. Do you want me to stay for a bit? Why does he think you could use my company?"

"Yes he is. I got lucky. I am not sure what he is thinking to tell you the truth. But he is serious I can tell you that much. If you want to stay I guess that would be okay."

James was stunned by her answer but confused at the same time. How long could he stay? If he could have it his way he wouldn't leave. He figured that she would let him know when it was time for him to go. For now he was content to just sit here and look at her. Still holding her hand he stood up from the table giving her a little tug, motioning her to follow him.

He led her to the couch where it was more comfortable. They sat down and no sooner than they did they heard they boy's door shut and saw the light go out. James sat in the corner of the sectional and pulled Sybil in so that her head was resting on his chest. He loved that, it made him feel manly, and it make her feel safe. They talked and talked until the both drifted to sleep. James woke up a few hours later and realized what had happened. He gently got up and scooped up Sybil into his arms and carried her upstairs to her room.

The room looked the same, his side of the bed was still made and hers was all slept in. James laid her down on the bed and covered her with the blankets. He brushed her hair away from her face, she looked so peaceful. She reached up and took hold of his hand. He stood there for a moment and then tried to gently pull away, but she held on. "I need you, please stay." She whispered in her soft sleepy voice.

James indulged her and stripped down to his boxers. He crawled into bed and snuggled in behind her. She reached for his hand as she always did and sighed when he wrapped his arms around her.

"Jimmy I need you." She cooed softly at him.

"I'm here baby. I am not going anywhere, I promise. I love you."

"I love you more."