Fire & Ice Ch. 11

Story Info
The end... for now...
2.3k words
4.75
10.6k
16

Part 11 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/27/2022
Created 11/23/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Acal
Acal
374 Followers

"Ryan's likely going to be pissed off when he wakes up," said Demetrius as he stepped back into his apartment.

"It's better than the alternative Demetrius, he would likely be caught in the crossfire."

"You're right, so what are we going to do here?"

Katherine smirked, "We need to use a little bait, our combined magic will be enough to draw the predators here. I will need to borrow your strength to empower the shield, whatever comes will be here to destroy us. I have no doubt about that."

She walked over towards the ward in the centre of the room and placed her hand onto the line and closed her eyes, light flared under her fingers as she drew the power of the field back into her body. When she opened her eyes the markings had vanished except for a small amount of dust scattered over the floor.

The whole time they had been warding Ryan's bedroom she had been thinking of what she needed to do a protect Demetrius from his sire, the only thing she could think of was a block, but to block the connection suddenly would cause suspicion. She knew that from the angry force that had been vibrating around the ward ring was from his sire, it had the same darkness of the presence she had felt in the bar. He would send something to complete the job, something more permanent, the intent was to kill she could feel it.

She would need her most powerful barrier spell to protect them, and if what she thought the minion would bring was used she would need every bit of her strength and some of Demetrius' to shield them from the blast. So she would put a trigger onto the block, it would engage once she powered up the shield, the blast would time perfectly with the block going into place. It would be the perfect cover for them while they figured out how to protect themselves from his wrath.

And the only way a burst of power for their bait would work without being suspicious was if it was unconscious. Before Demetrius had a chance to react she grasped his hips and pulled him against her and kissed him hard and passionately pouring the power for the block into him as he growled against her, and as she expected his eyes flared hotly as a burst of raw power escaped.

He broke the passionate embrace, his voice sending shivers across her skin, "So that's what you meant by bait?"

"Of course, now we wait. It shouldn't be too much longer before predators arrive. Once we get out of this we need to devise a way of sealing the leaks we need to control them."

"I've been managing them for centuries, it will just take time to adjust to it. But it doesn't seem like we have that time, what did you have in mind for it?"

"Dampening charms, they project a null field which nullifies any escaping power, it's the only thing that is totally foolproof as concealment charms and wards can have leaks."

"It will be good to feel everything without all of these new powers interfering, some time to ourselves while we sort this out will be good. We haven't tested the full range of our collective strength yet, we could be stronger then we think."

A strange sensation crawled up his spine as he felt as if something dark was slithering closer like a hungry snake, he grabbed Katherine's arm and pulled her back against the wall. "I can feel something coming."

Katherine felt it as well the dark forboding sensation weaving its way up her spine like oily sludge, the sensation got stronger suddenly then the door slammed against the wall as it was smashed opened by a powerful kick. Then a man stepped in holding what appeared to be a bomb, her suspicions were correct, she grasped Demetrius' arm tightly as the minion before them with an evil smirk violently shook the bottle and tossed it at them.

Katherine threw a blast of kinetic energy at it and forced it back, it shattered against the floor and a brilliant flare of golden yellow light lit up the room before it rushed at them, Katherine forced her power into the floor as a shimmering wall of energy closed around them as the wall of golden fire slammed into them, she groaned and tightened her grip on Demetrius' arm as the shield pressed closer against them, the raging heat permeating through everything.

Demetrius grunted as the power drain began to affect him as well, the fire kept coming at them seeking to destroy, then when she thought she could no longer take the strain of the fire it suddenly stopped, she looked around everything was a charred mass of black. She wondered how the ceiling hadn't collapsed on them. Then she noticed Demetrius lying sprawled out on the ground and pale, quickly she knelt down, "Demetrius are you ok?"

He looked up at her, sweat dripping from his brow. "I'll be ok," he coughed then groaned. "Whatever the hell that was, really hurt even just the heat was like a thousand blades slicing into me."

She cursed silently to herself she should have realised that fact herself, just the mere effect of standing so close to the holy fire would have had some kind of impact, the heat had been wilting to her but she wasn't a demon. "How did it not do more damage? That was so explosive and hot."

"The faceless ones, the Watchers probably contained the spread, it likely would have caused the building to collapse if it hadn't been contained, questions would have been asked and it could have caused un-intended exposure."

He grunted and stood back up and winced, Katherine grasped his arm to steady him. "We need to get out of here before the authorities turn up, the Watchers likely would have altered a few things to avert suspicions."

"Go get Ryan then come to my place, I'll set up the dampening fields and get the charms done try to not leak anything."

"I'm a bit charred right now, I don't think I could let anything slip."

Katherine smirked, "I'll meet you at my apartment then we can discuss how to proceed."

"I'll deal with Ryan and then we'll figure this all out." Demetrius leaned forward and kissed her softly before walking out the door.

***

Demetrius pulled out the door key he swiped from the kitchen counter in Ryan's apartment earlier and unlocked the door and stepped in, he hadn't sensed anything astray but he couldn't be so sure. When he shut the door tense energy started to spike, he smirked he could feel it resonating inside of him as well. Ryan was well and truly pissed.

He walked down the hall towards the room they had locked Ryan into, he heard some cursing as he came up to door. "Feeling better Ryan?" he asked with a smirk.

Ryan sat on the bed and scowled at him, "What do you think? You locked me in here like I'm some kind of child."

"Well in a sense you are, since you just became a demon. And we didn't want to take the risk of you being caught in the crossfire, we just barely survived an assassination attempt."

Ryan tensed up, his muscles visibly tightening, "So this is how it's going to be? You're going to keep me out of these issues?"

Demetrius growled, "We did this to protect you because you are too young to be able to control your strength, you have to learn to control Ryan. And until you've learned how to control your strength this will be the way it's going to happen."

Ryan scowled again and said, "Are you going to let me out of here now?"

Demetrius smirked, "Of course, we have to go the minions could come for you now. Get together whatever you might need, Katherine is putting dampening wards up to block any leakages from escaping," he reached into the pocket of his pants and pulled out the wardstone key that Katherine had given him and placed it on the floor.

It glowed as it drew in the power of the entrapment ward, "It will be fine to come out now, because of the incident at my apartment I don't think we will be able to return to the company. We will have to see what happens, but we can always start something else together if that doesn't happen."

"Right, I do need to get a few things first. I will meet you outside then we can leave," said Ryan as he got up off the bed and moved over to his closet.

A prickle of power brushed over his neck, Demetrius then on full alert as he tried to find the source of the power. He walked towards the back of the apartment and stepped into a spare room, a woman dressed silvery armor and carrying a large sword etched with glowing blue runes on the blade stood there. Her icy blue eyes stared at him, he could feel them chill him, apprehension gripped him, there was an angel standing in front of him and he didn't even have enough strength to light a spark let alone call to his own armor and sword.

"We meet again Demetrius," a smirk curled her pale lips as her gaze pierced him.

'Again?' He thought, he couldn't remember ever seeing her before. Then a flash of recognition came to him, he had remember seeing her fleetingly when he was a fledgling demon. He scowled at the memory. "What do you want angel?" he questioned her.

"I am a Watcher, in fact I am Katherine's Watcher, very impressive I must say Demetrius. You've become more than I ever thought you would become so quickly, I do have a problem and I bring this to you because you're the only demon I know that I could trust with this. My brother Alexander has been abducted by one of your sire's demoness' to be her plaything. I'm certain of it." She looked down at her nails which looked like pearl rather than ordinary nail.

Demetrius considered her carefully, she made it look like a casual request but he could feel the subtle strands of tension coiling from her. "Why are you asking me? I can't do anything about it, if I did as you proposed, I would be signing my own death warrant, Jasrahel has already tried to kill me twice. First by poisoning my friend with a demon seed, then by sending one of his minions after me."

"You do have someone who can do it for you however, and I can offer you protection from Jasrahel. Being a watcher affords us powers that no ordinary angel or demon can possess, we can hide you from his sight and from his minions."

Demetrius growled, "I'm not throwing Ryan in like that, completely unprepared. He only just became a demon hours ago, he will be practically defenceless down there, until he learns how to control his powers I'm not putting him at such a great risk. Why don't you get your angels to help you rescue him?"

"Because they won't, they refuse to 'interfere' when that demon whore has already done that and most possibly more already. And they won't allow me to go and rescue him myself, I will not allow my brother to be abandoned like that, he's a watcher as well I thought that earned him a little more respect."

Demetrius considered his position for a moment, he couldn't knowingly abandon someone to such a fate, he personally knew what it was like to be enslaved. "I can't exactly just summon up a portal, it would let those trying to kill me know I'm still here. Right now they think that I'm either dead or at least out of the picture. You will need to do something, and if you're blocked from 'interfering' which I don't see how you could be because you're here right now."

"I can obscure the power signature, it won't be readable I guarantee it, will you agree to help?"

"If I do agree, how will we be able to find him?"

"I have something you can use to direct the search."

"I will have to talk to Ryan about this, and we will only be doing this if he agrees and it can't be until he's attained at least some form of control over his power, I am not sending him in without any training."

"You won't regret this Demetrius, you will be rewarded for this, we will ensure that Jasrahel cannot reach you. I will be watching, when you decide I will be there."

Ryan stepped into the room then carrying a bag, as the angel looked over to him her eyes flared a bright blue a moment before she vanished. "Fuck what the hell was that?"

"That was an angel, she wants to throw you to the sharks, her brother was abducted and she wants me to send you to rescue him."

"I guess you're going to 'protect' me from this as well?" Ryan questioned irritated.

Demetrius smirked, "No, I'm going to train you hard then I'll throw you to the sharks. It's the only way I think you will be able to learn, I can't do this I would if I could. But since I can't this is the only option available to us. She offered protection against Jasrahel if we rescue him."

"I guess that's the only thing open for us then."

"Then prepare for a crash course in demonic warfare Ryan," Demetrius smirked, it would be fun putting Ryan through his paces, this would show him exactly what he will be like once he has solid control over everything and this test of fire will help harden him.

Acal
Acal
374 Followers