Fishing with Cassie

Story Info
West Coast fishing guide trains his young female assistant.
8.6k words
37.6k
21
2
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The sky was clearing and the sun was coming out nicely. It had been a dull trip but now the sky was blue and there was a nice glint of sun coming off the water below. I recognized where we were and knew we were only about fifteen minutes away. The drone of the single engine Otter float plane would put you to sleep. The pilot George Freeman was an old family friend of ours and flew charters into the secluded fishing lodges. One of many in the Queen Charlotte Islands and is owned by my family and that is where we were headed today.

My name is Jamie and I'm starting my summer break from the University of British Columbia where I am in second year of Marine Biology. During this summer I will again be working in one of our family owned lodges as a fishing guide. I have spent most of my life on the water and started fishing before I was even in my teens with my father who passed away a few years ago. Barry, who runs the lodge is actually my uncle and used to play professional football and is very close to me. He is not that much older then me due to the fact he was my father's much younger brother which leaves Barry as more of a big brother then an uncle and we get along great.

I have spent a lot of time in various sports. I pitched intermediate fastball and went to the nationals when I was nineteen which was only four years ago but have got away from that and now just spend my time fishing. I am just a bit over six feet tall and keep myself in good shape. I have brown hair and blue eyes and have never really had any trouble finding a girlfriend but at the present time I don't have one and I'm not really looking. I have too many things on my plate right now.

George tapped my arm and pointed, ahead of us and to our left I could see the Echo Bay Lodge where we were heading. George tipped the wing and throttled back and began his descent which didn't take long when you consider he only flies three hundred feet above the water anyway. He was coming in against a very light wind according to the wind sock at the lodge. George brought the Otter in and I barely felt it touch down and he advanced the throttles to steady the plane and then throttled it back and the pontoons lowered themselves in the water and we began our taxi towards the docks.

We drifted into the dock and Barry was there to meet us along with some of the workers from the lodge. George had about seven hundred pounds of supplies besides me on the plane. I got my stuff out and chatted with Barry. He said , "come on, I want to show you something" and we walked along the float. He took me out to one of the new docks and tied up at one was a brand new Bayliner Trophy Hardtop with twin two fifty horsepower Mercury Verado Outboards. My eyes must have been as big as saucers as that was a hundred thousand dollar boat. It had all the equipment and was rigged for offshore with radar and all the extras. With the five hundred horses this big boat was a sixty mile per hour plus outfit and completely loaded with all the little extras. I was impressed and who wouldn't be.

The lodge owned thirteen fishing boats and they varied in size from a couple of eighteen footers with hundred horse outboards that worked in close and a few bigger boats with larger outboards in the two hundred horsepower class. The twin engine outboards were used for the off shore travel. We would go off shore to a reef that was twenty miles out for halibut and many of the largest migratory salmon were caught off shore over five miles out. The motors would be singled out for trolling and each one ran independent of the other. Each engine was powerful enough to plane the boat on their own. If one of the engines ran into trouble you had the security of being able to get home on the other.

I looked the big Trophy over and Barry told me that he had sort of went a little overboard on this one and kind of bought it for himself and the family. He told me that it would be mine for the summer and that it was not in service right now. He told me to go ahead and take it out in the morning and get used to it and run it on a trip alone before he dispatched me with a charter. He also told me that I was going to have a young female partner this year and that she was the kid sister of Madge, the lady that did some of the accounting and was in charge of the lodge restaurant and some of the help.

What I remember most about Madge was that she was real pretty and very sexy. She was about five foot six, brunette and well under thirty years old. She had been married for a couple of years and was divorced. There was a rumour going around that she had a thing for Barry and I could understand that. He was single, in his mid thirties and in great shape. He had kept himself up from his football days and there was not much fat on him. I think he was a bit under two hundred and fifty pounds.

We went in the lodge and there I was introduced to my partner for the coming season and when I saw her I right away cornered Barry and asked him if he was serious. I had been introduced to a young girl that couldn't have hardly been seventeen years old with long black hair in pig tails. She was wearing cut off shorts and a tee shirt that said "ban fish farms." Her name was Cassie which was short for Cassandra and I found out later I was a bit out on her age as she was actually twenty.

Cassie was on summer holidays from her first year of training for social work. She was actually very cute and had a very friendly smile and was about five feet or a bit taller. When I walked behind her I noticed her shapely legs and the way she filled out the jean shorts. All of those attributes weren't however going to be of any help to me as far as fishing went. I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and took her along with me and went for a walk along the dock and ended up at the new Trophy.

Cassie seemed very nice and quite smart. I was feeling a bit better when I found out she had been there for a couple of weeks and had been working so she had a bit of an idea of what was going on and that she had grown up in a family with boats so she knew how to run a boat and had been working with fish. I was also happy to see she had an operators certificate which means she had taken the boating courses. I began to think we might be okay and we jumped on board the trophy and looked it over. The operation of the boat was not a problem to me as I worked part time for a Bayliner dealer while going to school and I had run all of these boats. I had not ran the new Verado engines but had heard lots about them with their full electronic controls and new fuelling system.

I told Cassie to get the ties and I clicked the ignition keys and checked that the boat was fuelled. I hit the key and fired the starboard engine and instantly it was running. I could hardly hear it so I hit the switch on the port and I had them both running. I told Cassie to get in and she pushed off and I kicked the starboard into reverse and we eased out of the slip and proceeded to back out of the marina. Cassie whispered to me that I had a cheering section. Barry warned me that there was a few of the old boys had their noses out of joint because I was going to be running the company toy as he called it. I guess they would have liked it. He said he told them this boat was his personal boat that it would be used in special charters by his nephew and that was it.

There was a few watching no doubt to see if I would screw up but I knew how to run this thing and when we cleared the last dock I left the starboard engine in reverse and hit the port engine into forward and the twin engines literally spun the Trophy almost end for end. I hit the starboard handle forward and it leaped ahead and we were on our way. Cassie smiled and all she said was "impressive, very impressive, you've done this before haven't you." I looked back and the boys on the dock were walking away.

I smiled as we headed out and got out into the main bay and it was calm so I checked the trim gauges and hit both levers and the nose of the Trophy rose in the air and settled down and the boat hit plane in about fifty feet. We had a rooster tail behind us and were running at over forty five miles per hour with a third of the throttles left. The big Verado engines were smooth and so quiet we could talk in the cabin and I asked Cassie if she wanted to drive and she slid over and took the wheel and I stood right beside her.

She seemed to be comfortable and I got her to do some manoeuvres. I got her to take the boat down to an idle and then got her to bring it up onto plane and showed her how to trim the engines by bringing then up until they threw water then down until the counter rotating props were biting the water and watched the speed go up as the tachometer needles went down. She was handling the powerful boat very well. I looked over and saw the speed sitting on a bit over fifty and I knew we would get along fine. In this short time together Cassie has really impressed me. She is obviously smart and seems to be a very sweet sexy girl and she seemed to be comfortable around me.

When we got back in we walked along the docks over to the cleaning tables as some of the charters had come in and most of them had done real good with salmon. Most of the boats limited out and some released quite a few. I was happy to see that "old Babe" was still around. Old Babe is the lodge's pet seal that hangs around the cleaning tables and gets the chucks of fish scraps that go directly into the water. She is an old girl that don't see very well and is probably a bit too old to hunt so she hangs around and lays on the docks and mainly gets in the road as people have to step over her. She is probably the most photographed seal around as there are hundreds of pictures taken of kids petting her and people sitting beside her. She never gets very excited.

I took my bags and went to my room put my stuff away and went down to the lounge and sat at the bar and got a beer. Madge was there and she came over and greeted me and hugged me. She sat down and we chatted and she asked "what do you think of Cassie?"


I said. "she seems to be very smart and picked up real fast on the boat."

"She is very excited about it and I got Barry to put her with you." She looked sort of down her nose at me, "I'm watching out for her too, that's my baby sister." She laughed. "I'm teasing you Jamie, Cassie will get along good with you and that's why I wanted her with you." Barry came in with some people and sat down and we all moved to a table and chatted as Madge moved off to the kitchen

In a fishing lodge the meals are served at certain hours and we moved into the dinning room and Cassie turned up and I took her with me and we sat in with the group. The dinner was great as we had roast beef, baked potatoes, lots of salad and the usual desserts. Madge had got them to butterfly and bake a couple of salmon and the guests that were there really enjoyed that and always cleaned it right up. They always serve some sea food and it depends on what the catch is. The lodge keeps a good selection of various wines. We get a lot of Halibut but the main catch is the big King or Chinook salmon as well as the Coho or Silvers depending on what you call them.

I set up a fishing trip with Cassie for the next morning early. My idea was that we would go out fishing and get used to working together and get used to the equipment on the new boat. We would check out the rods and other equipment before we take out any guests. I set up the time to meet her at the boat at five o'clock the next morning and we ordered our lunch with Madge. The lodge makes up lunch packs for the next days trips and in the morning the kitchen is open for coffee and some snacks at four am. The fishing trips usually go out early right now as we try to be out there for the early "tide change" as salmon tend to feed on a flood tide.

When I got to the boat the next morning Cassie was already there. She had her hair in a pony tail and was wearing a ball cap and she looked real cute. The thought was going through my mind that my partner was probably going to be very popular with some of the people on our charters this summer. She was cute as can be and very friendly and that was perfect. I started the engines and let them run for a minute while we undid the ties and Cassie slipped over into the passenger seat and I caught her. "Not there Cassie, over there, your driving."

She looked horrified, "not out of the marina Jamie, I can't do that. I'll wreck half the place."

"No you won't, okay hit that starboard into reverse and back it out". She engaged the engine smoothly and the boat eased back. "okay Cassie, kick the port one in now," and she backed smoothly out. "okay hit both levers ahead just into gear and we got it made". She hit the levers and the big motors went into forward and we were on our way out of the marina and I looked over at Cassie and her face was pure white and I laughed at her.

She had a rather sick smile on her face "you have no idea of what was going through my mind back there, I had this vision of dragging the whole marina along with me." I think she was a little shocked that I would make her do that.

She hit the throttles and we took off and ran out to a reef about four miles from the lodge and slowed down and kicked off the port engine and lifted it and proceeded to troll on the starboard engine that was running so smooth you could hardly tell it was running except for the hissing sound of the cooling water running out of it. I checked out the new Scotty downriggers and turned them out and hooked on a couple of lead balls. I decided to go with a chrome and green spoon on one and used a flasher and a anchovy on the other. I dropped one to sixty feet and the other to fifty and we were fishing. I checked out the net and the speed. We were okay so as the rods were in the holders I settled down and waited for a hit.

We had a thermos of coffee so we had some coffee and Cassie and I chatted about University and what she intended to do and right then the rod on the port side popped and then the reel began to sing and whatever we hooked took off and run about seventy five yards of line off before I got to it. I grabbed it and it was heavy so I checked the drag setting on the Islander reel and worked the fish slowly. Cassie kept the boat straight taking it in and out of gear as I slowly played the salmon down and brought him along the boat. I was happy to see Cassie had kicked the engine out of gear and was there with the landing net. I heaved the fish along side and she netted him and I was very impressed that I didn't have to tell her anything.

The fish was about a twenty five pound Chinook. I got my pliers out and removed the hook in his jaw and we flipped the net and got a big splash of water from his tail as he headed for the bottom. We did good and handled that fish well. the object of guides is to look professional at all times. Never look like your excited and always look like your in control and we did that on the five other fish we caught and released that morning. We finally pulled up our lines and decided to go exploring and take a boat ride.

I took over the helm and headed north towards a strip of land about five miles away. There was a small peninsula with a quiet cove on the east side with a government floating dock that we could tie up at. On the other side was a mile long beach and it was just a short walk across the neck of the island. I eased the Trophy in and Cassie jumped out and we tied up. I called the lodge on the digital VHF radio and let them know we were parked and off the air. We grabbed a bag with a few cans of soda and part of our lunch along with some towels and proceeded along the path to the other side.

The tide was out and the beach was huge. It was a low tide and the beach went out for almost half a mile. We slipped our shoes off and the small pools of water were surprisingly warm. We walked and walked and picked some shells. Cassie got some beautiful big sand dollars and I picked a few unusual barnacle incrusted stones that make good ornaments.. We were having a good time and neither of us seemed to find it unusual the amount of time we spent holding hands as we walked. We had walked a long ways and by the time we got back to the path I had my arm around Cassie and walking slowly as she was a bit tired. We got to the path and stopped to rest before going the last few hundred yards across to the boat.

I had my arm around her and she turned to me and we never spoke but looked into each others eyes and for some reason I bent down and kissed her. I kissed her again a little more deeply and felt her move her body against me and slide her arm around my waist. I could feel her firm breasts against me and her soft body touching me. We finally moved apart and then she was back in my arms. I was the first to speak "this is only the second day together Cassie and we have to work the whole summer."

She quietly spoke " that's not what's bothering me Jamie, I'm wondering what you are thinking of me I have never done anything this impulsive in my life."

I lifted her chin and smiled down at her "you never did anything bad Cassie" and kissed her again lightly on the lips and then on the forehead and she smiled at me and we moved away from each other and started off for the boat. We chatted and decided to keep what happened to ourselves and to be professional around the lodge and on the boat.

When we got in I fuelled the Trophy and while I was filling the fresh water tank Madge came along and proceeded to interrogate me. I was beginning to like that. She asked "so, how is the boat working? how was the fishing? was it rough out there? did you guys fish all that time? "

I looked at her and laughed "okay Madge, enough about the weather, I know what you really want to ask me." I smiled at her "yes, Cassie is doing really good and yes, we are getting along really great and yes I like her fine."

She smiled as she turned away " thanks, actually that was what I wanted to know." and she turned back for one last comment "your a lot smarter then you look aren't you" and I could hear her laughing half the way down the dock.

She is just a real sweetheart, a very beautiful sexy lady with a great sense of humour and she sure likes to tease me. I really admire her and wondered if the rumours about her and Barry were true. I really hoped so and suspected they were as they seem to be very close.

The following day it was quiet as it was early in the season and mid week. Cassie and I cleaned the boat right up and spent the day getting all the little things in order such as arranging our hooks, checking the eight rods and reels that was part of the equipment on the Trophy. We had a harpoon gun for halibut and various snubbing tie downs as well as the first aid kits and life preservers. We were ready to go and we would be working our first charter the next morning. There was a group from Denver coming in this afternoon. There was a grandfather and his fifteen year old grandson that were part of the group and Barry wanted us to take them out to the close reef for salmon.

Cassie and I were at the boat well before five the next morning when our people turned up. We had met them at dinner the night before. Gordon was a very friendly man in his early sixties and his grandson David was a quiet boy that I had talked to the night before. I got him to take a couple of sea sick pills as we were going to be in some swells and Gordon declined as he told me his six years in the US Navy sort of got him over that years earlier and we laughed as I pushed the boat away from the dock.

I think Gordon was a little taken that the girl was running the big powerful boat but Cassie was well practiced now and she handled the big Verados as if she had been doing it for years and I saw Gordon was impressed. David sat in the jump seat at the front with Cassie and I sat with Gordon as she gunned the Trophy and we almost instantly had a forty foot rooster tail behind us and it felt like we were flying. I looked ahead at David and he was smiling from ear to ear.