Five of Spades Ch. 02 - The Costume

Story Info
Carol wonders if she can really go through with it.
1.9k words
4.05
31.2k
16

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 05/02/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

NOTE FROM AUTHOR: Well, here's the second chapter of the first story I've ever written. I don't even know how I ever came up with this idea. And being a guy, I'm not sure why I decided to tell it as if it is the woman telling the story because even though I'm an old retired guy, I still don't know that goes on in a woman's mind. So, I hope it at least sounds somewhat realistic. Enjoy!

**************

I'm not really sure what got into me but on hindsight, whatever it was I'm glad it happened because life has never been better. The day of the party finally came and all this time I had been nervous, excited and afraid all wrapped into one. Several times George had asked why I was on edge so much when we had parties at our house all the time and even with this same group of friends. He kept telling me not to worry about it so much after all it was just a party and our friends wouldn't care if the house wasn't just perfect. Oh, if he only knew the real reason I was so worked up. Guess he will find out soon enough.

Sharon and I got the house ready and were busy getting finger foods and snacks all prepared and in the fridge. Finally, about 4:00 she headed home so she and Tom could grab a quick dinner and get into their costumes. She was coming as Little Bo Peep and Tom was going to be dressed up as a sheep. I couldn't wait to see them but the party wasn't going to start until 8:00pm and would go until about 11:00 or so.

I helped George get all dressed and then he said he was going to get the beverage table set up just the way he wanted it. Typically, at our parties a few of the ladies bring plates of snacks and the guys will bring a bottle of wine or six pack of beer or maybe even some hard stuff. Before heading downstairs, he asked if I wanted a drink since I was busy combing out my hair after a nice steamy shower. Usually I would have a glass of wine but instead I asked if he had the makings of a Manhattan. He said; "sure I do, would you like me to make it a double?" I wasn't sure I wanted a double but I did ask him to make it a little bit stronger than normal. He came back into our room about ten minutes later and I think he was hoping to get a glimpse of my costume but I was still fully covered in my robe and doing my makeup. It was less than twenty minutes until the guests would start showing up so he asked if I thought I would be ready. That's when I sprung it on him that I wanted to stay in our bedroom until everyone had arrived and then make a grand entrance. He thought that sounded cool and said he, Sharon and Tom would keep things moving and music playing until it was time for my big reveal. One more time he asked if he could see my costume and I just laughed and told him he's waited this long, surely he can wait another half hour or so. He again gave me that cute little smile of his and headed back downstairs after I had given him a kiss on the cheek and thanked him for my drink.

A few minutes before 8:00 I heard voices and quietly opened the door immediately recognizing that Sharon and Tom were talking with George in the entry way at the foot of the stairs. They were here early to help George get things ready; she is such a good daughter. I heard her ask where I was and George told them of my plan for a grand entrance. They all three laughed and Sharon said how unlike mom that seemed.

Soon the doorbell started to ring time after time as other guests arrived and the happy sound of voices could be heard throughout the house. We had some contests planned for Best Costume, Most Elaborate Costume, Most Imaginative Costume and finally the Sexiest Costume. That's the one I planned to win tonight. Oh I was feeling so naughty. Could I really do this? By 8:15 the doorbell stopped ringing and I figured it was time to get myself ready. It took me a couple of minutes to get the blond wig just right to properly hide my full head of black hair. The final touch was to pull on my black kid leather gloves and slip my feet into a pair of black pumps with a three-inch heel. That was unusually high for me since I normally wear either flats or tennis shoes. I downed the last of the drink my loving husband had fixed for me then I looked in the mirror deciding that this was going to be either extremely fun or horribly disastrous. Either way I felt a rush of excitement as I placed my hand on the doorknob and noiselessly opened my bedroom door.

With fear and trepidation but gaining boldness with each step I made my way to the top of the stairs. From that vantage point I could see the legs of people in the living and dining room. Each step I took toward our entry hall more of their bodies were revealed. Then about have way down the stairs someone noticed me and the conversation in that area stopped cold as eyes turned toward my grand entrance. I was desperately looking for George and I finally spotted him by the beverage table where he was keeping everything well stocked. I quickly descended the final few stairs to an absolutely silent room. Then in the entry hall where everyone could see me I threw my arms in the air and spread my legs to form an X with my body and shouted;

"Look everyone, I'm the Five of Spades!" There I stood completely naked except for the black kid gloves on my outstretched hands, the black pumps on my feet and my very black bushy pubic area on full display thus forming the five of spades.

Still there was total silence in the room as nobody knew what to say. I glanced from face to face and got to thinking that this was a very, very, bad idea. Then all of a sudden a voice shouted out from the crowd of gathered friends; "Well I guess now we know who wins the prize for Sexiest Costume!" That broke the ice and there were several snickers and a few folks actually began to clap. I think the applause and the wolf whistles came from the men in the room as most of the women still appeared to be speechless. Right at that moment my eyes locked on Sharon and for the first time I was altogether embarrassed. I hadn't really thought it through that my daughter and son in law were going to be seeing me naked for the first time in their lives and this hardly seemed like the appropriate time or place. Now I wish I hadn't mentioned the party to them. Sharon was a visibly embarrassed Little Bo Peep as her face flushed red. I couldn't see Tom at first but then noticed him a little behind Sharon at the food table. The look on his face wasn't one of embarrassment but it almost looked more like lust if I didn't know better. I looked again over at George to see his reaction to all this as I expected him to be mad as hell but instead he smiled at me and held up his drink as if offering me a toast. What could that mean I wondered. Surely he doesn't actually approve of his chaste and very conservative wife of 22 years standing here virtually naked in front of all our friends.

My original plan was to make my grand entrance, get a few laughs and then rush back to my room, throw on my robe and spend the rest of the night with my bathrobe wrapped tightly around my body. It seemed the right time to do just that when Jake, one of my husband's best friends ever since high school approached me with two drinks in his hand. He had a broad smile on his face as he handed me another Manhattan and said: "George thought you might need to have another one of these." I was grateful for the drink and told Jake thanks as I was turning toward the stairs. Jake caught me by the elbow just as I stepped toward the bottom stair and asked: "Woah little filly, where are you going? The party is just getting started." I told him of my plan to get my robe and he said, "Why waste a perfectly good costume by covering it up"? "Besides", he continued, "From the first time George told me about you in high school I have wanted to see what lay beneath all those clothes you always wear."

Jake Stone was the only guy in the room taller than George but unlike my hubby Jake was well filled out and looked far more like the football player he was in High School than a thin lean body like George. Like I said earlier, I've never even flirted with a guy since George and I first got together but if I ever had flirted, Jake is the guy who would have been my target. Rugged, good looking, nice full head of hair and because he was a contractor his body was tan and in great shape. Probably from handling all those heavy construction tools every day. Tonight, he was dressed like a train engineer complete with one of those little stripped denim engineer hats and a light blue denim one-piece pair of stripped overalls. He really did look the part complete with a big long spouted oil can hanging from his waist. I thought he was exceptionally handsome in his engineer outfit. My face blushed as I looked again into his eyes and I suppose that blush extended down my chest as well but I didn't actually look. Instead I was now fully self-conscious of my nakedness and just wanted to get my robe as quickly as possible.

My eyes started to scan for Marlene, Jakes wife, because I sure didn't want her upset with me for talking with her husband while in this condition. When I found her, she caught my eye and started walking toward me but she didn't really look upset like I expected. She was laughing as she approached and said: "I've got to hand it to you Carol, never in my wildest imagination would I have thought you would come up with a costume like this!" I told her about getting the idea from a magazine in the doctor's office and she said: "I know what you mean, that's the only place I read those magazines too but I sure didn't see the article that suggested this for a costume. Who knows what I would be wearing if I had seen that article!" As it was she was dressed like a wild west saloon girl and she looked especially hot from my point of view. If I hadn't been naked, she would most likely have won the prize for Sexiest Costume. She and Jake talked with me for quite a while and I began to forget that I was naked as we just carried on an almost normal conversation. Oh my gosh, how can this be happening?