Fixing a Broken Heart

Story Info
Man tries to get back lost love.
1.7k words
4.29
33k
4
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bakeboss
Bakeboss
1,367 Followers

"Leave me alone, Sis, I already feel bad enough and I sure don't need you making me feel worse."

I swear my sister could be such a bitch when she wanted to.

"Jerry, I'm just saying, you look like shit, I know you're not happy, so why did you break up with Monica in the first place?"

I knew she'd never let be, that's just not her style, but I didn't want to talk about it.

"I know she loves you and by that hang dog look on your face you must still have feelings for her. Was it the sex? Was she lousy in bed or did you just get too kinky for her? Oh, I bet I know you're too cheap to buy her a Valentine present."

"Would you stop? No the sex was great, her and I always had the best time together but..."

Could I dare tell my sister the real reason I split with Monica, there was nothing I could say that wouldn't show me as an insensitive jerk.

"It's just with her size and all; it's embarrassing to be around my friends with her."

I waited for her onslaught but she said nothing, I saw the look on her face and knew it was disappointment in me. She got up and left my apartment without another word.

I ran after her, stopping her in the hall,

"Gloria, wait let me explain,"

she turned to look at me but what could I say I was an insensitive jerk and I had no excuse for it.

"Little brother, I didn't set you up with Monica so you could break her heart. I thought you two would be perfect but I can see that once again my expectations of you are far above your abilities."

With that, she was out the door, leaving me to wallow in my own self-pity.

The problem was I already was missing Monica something fierce so I didn't need my sister pushing my buttons. Gloria was right Monica and I were great together, she was always making me laugh and she even laughed at my corny jokes. The sex was always fantastic, with those big tits of hers and that round bubble butt I would just get lost in her body. I'd never been with a woman who was so enjoyable to sleep with after we'd had sex. No matter how we lay together, either face to face with my head on her breast or spooning with my cock between the cheeks of her rear within just a matter of minutes I would be aroused and ready to go again. As for Monica, she's a sex machine and she seems always ready for another round.

I started having second thoughts after the company picnic at the lake. The next Monday some of the guys were teasing me about my big momma. Up until then I'd never thought of her as fat, if anything maybe Rubenesque but after that day, the seed had been planted. It's not that I even cared what my buddies said but after hearing it I began to notice how much she was overweight. A short time later, I asked her what she thought about dieting and when I saw the hurt look on her face, I turned it around making it into a joke. I never brought it up again but it still festered in me until I thought I couldn't live with it anymore, so I split.

As the days passed, I realized that instead of missing Monica less, I was missing her more. Ever so slowly, I become conscious of the fact that the only thing that would make me happy was to have her back in my life. Once the decision was made, I thought the rest would be easy, that she'd just fall back into my arms. However, when I called and asked to see her she said she wasn't interested. She said she was through with boys who were embarrassed by her and who couldn't make a commitment, she asked me not to call her back. I called Gloria to ask for help but she was still pissed at me and said she wouldn't help me hurt her friend another time.

"Glo, I just want to know if I still have a shot with her. Do you think she still has feelings for me, or is she already seeing someone else?"

"Jerry I don't know why I bother, yeah, she won't admit it but she still loves you, I can tell. You know you really hurt her, she actually thought you loved her and she was shocked when you just broke it off like that. I know she's dating this guy but it's not going anywhere. If you can get her to believe you, I think you still have chance. To tell you the truth, no matter what kind of a jerk I think you are, I still say you two make a great couple."

I started to build a plain in my mind but I still needed one more favor from Gloria.

"Sis, just one more favor, do whatever you can to keep her from going out with the new guy on Valentine's Day."

She said she would try and really that's all I could ask.

The fourteenth was less than a week away and I had a lot to do to get ready. Number one on my list was to call Monica, if she wouldn't talk to me then all else was useless. At least she didn't slam the phone down when she heard it was me.

"Monica, I know I'm an insensitive ass, but I really miss you and I was wondering if we could just go for coffee or something."

"Jerry I know Gloria told you I was seeing someone else..."

"Yeah, she told me but listen to me, I now realize we had something great and I want just a chance to see if we can get it back."

"Oh all right, if you want you can come over right now, but I don't want any bull shit Jerry. Just bring the truth with you and we'll see where it goes from there."

So I got in the door but that's where I hit the wall. I brought flowers but she hardly looked at them, she just laid them on the kitchen counter. She poured us coffee and we sat at her table with all that wood between us.

"Monica, I know I hurt you and I don't deserve it but I want another chance. You're all I think about and I know you have to have some feelings left for me. I understand I'm asking a lot, but will you go out with me on Valentine's Day?"

"I can't, Fred already asked me, and he's taking me to D`Amour for dinner."

"I don't even know the guy and I already hate him, you know how many times I tried to get us reservations for that place."

At least this made her smile and she told me she thought of me when he asked her.

OK if I can't have Valentine's, will you go with me somewhere Friday afternoon; you do still have Friday's off don't you?"

She said yes to the date but refused to agree to anything else as far as her and me. I told her to dress nice and I'd pick her up around one.

When she opened the door Friday I was stunned, she looked gorgeous. She had on a full dress that was off the shoulders showing off miles of cleavage. Her toenails, fingernails and even her lips were all painted bright red. I wondered if she wore those open toed shoes that I liked so much for me, or just to tease me. I gave her just a kiss on the cheek and told her that she looked fantastic. I still hadn't told her where we were going, and she was surprised when I pulled up in front of my work.

"I just need to stop for a second; come on, you can go in with me."

She didn't want to go and I almost had to drag her inside. I held her hand and led her to the break room where most everyone was just finishing lunch. I sat her down at a table in the center of the room; I then took out a ring box from my pocket and opened it to her.

"Monica James, I love you very much and I want to live the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"

The whole room broke out in applause and whistles, but when I looked into her eyes, I saw only tears. Oh well I tried, I couldn't blame her but I thought if I asked her in front of the people who had teased me about her she'd know I was serious. I stayed on my knees and I would stay there until she answered me. I don't know how long it lasted but it was as if the whole world had stopped. I couldn't hear a sound other than Monica's sniffles, no one talked, no one moved, and then she leaped on me knocking me over and she kept saying yes, yes, yes, as she kissed me between each answer.

Since everyone knows if you're engaged, you can't go out with someone else on Valentine's so that meant we could be together on that special day. With all the other things I was doing, I neglected to get her a present and now I had no idea what I could give her. Then that little light bulb went on over my head and when I showed up at her place Sunday, I hoped she liked it. I gave her a homemade card with a corny poem I wrote and after signing it with love, I added a P.S., 'Ask me if I wear my heart on my sleeve.' She looked at me funny and I said well ask me, so she did.

"I was trying to come up with a way I could show my commitment to you..."

I took off my shirt and showed her my new tattoo of a heart with 'I love Monica' in the center. She started laughing which was the last thing I thought would happen. Then she pulled off her sweater and right there on the top of her left breast was, 'My heart belongs to Jerry,' tattooed in bright red ink. See I knew we were meant for each other.

Bakeboss
Bakeboss
1,367 Followers