Flapper Dick Ch. 02

Story Info
Men, women, the mob, a caper.
28.8k words
4.86
4.9k
3
0

Part 2 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/07/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

This is a continuation, as in read the first part first. I mention because a great many can't seem to understand that part even when the name has something chapter 3 and so forth on it.

Probably works fine as a read alone but darnit I type these so you miss out on plenty if you don't read the first part so if you haven't read the first part, go read the first first. I mean first is done first, why it is called first.

**

Wake with a groan since the alarm is going, and then Fred is on that side. So I am swatting at Fred who grumbles and rolls over to sit up and turn it off. Then he is going for a bath and I am making sure I didn't leak, my monthlies came. Definitely not nice, and not talking about Fred, this is all sorts of embarrassing since we are living together and never done this with a fella in my place.

Granted this is his place but still, I live here too so it is our place. Mostly because I am cranky like you wouldn't believe this time around. At least I should be done soon so no more of the embarrassment of being a skirt in the monthlies. Also heading into the kitchen to make breakfast and I'm not sure what to make.

Just stand there not knowing for a bit then I get a thought so I am making scrambled eggs with bacon and sausage. Also have the joe going since Fred demands joe with breakfast. I'd complain but I got used to it again and like it with breakfast. Then Fred is there helping me get breakfast on the plates, which is sort of nice.

"I wasn't going to throw a plate at you again." Fred snorts and shakes his head.

"You had a point, I mean I can walk and talk so I should be helping." Sigh and turn red, that was not precisely what I meant.

"Honestly that was mostly intended for the child I end up having, if I am able."

"I think they can tell for sure now so we could have a doctor check." Shake my head.

"Heck no, that is not cheap and we do have some more upgrade to do on the house."

"I half want to complain on the shower, I grew up on bath every morning."

"I know but this bathroom will keep the bath, we are adding in a shower and a curtain to the bath."

"I'm still not sure on why a shower."

"A shower because it is actually faster and then I am growing my hair so better to do shower and not wet my hair every day." Fred opens and closes his mouth, I mean he actually stopped eating to stare at me.

"Wait, you mean you are not just letting it grow for the winter?" Shake my head.

"I had long hair when I started going to a speakeasy. I decided to try the bob look, and now I want to grow longer hair, and then silly but maybe I will get knocked up looking like a woman." Fred snorts and shakes his head.

"You always do."

"I know, but I mean a woman, as in a mother which I would like to do and in about fifteen days we can try to make me one." Fred actually whimpers which is hilarious.

"Honestly having you in the family way sounds good in theory, but it actually happening, and then after that."

"I know what you mean, but according to what I have been told it's all on me until there is a son and he is ready to go out in the world to find his own skirt."

"I will help, but not diapers."

"Suppose you can do potty training, and I think we will need a nanny." Fred makes a face.

"Why are we talking about this now?" Grin because I made him uncomfortable without really trying.

"So you make that face, I'm cranky right now you know that."

"Am I supposed to want to be in a house across the city?"

"Sort of, honest I'm not usually this bad."

"I know, first time getting there while you are living with me."

I am nodding and we just finish off breakfast. I go on into the bathroom and have my bath and also smile because there will be a shower and I won't be bathing with what comes out of me anymore. Part of the reason we got up now, the crew is coming in to add it shortly. We get a crew because it's more than just a plumber needed to add a shower to this bathroom.

Have to knock out the wall to access the pipes, turn the water off, and then weld on new pipes. At least maybe since this house perhaps has screw on pipes. If the pipes are screw on up high like is hoped he unscrews and screws on new. House is new enough that it is possible. Mostly since Fred grew up here, but was not born so it is close enough in time to have the better pipes.

Got Fred to chuckle since he is actually older than I am. Not by all that much but he is older, I mean four years isn't that bad. How he went to war and was a bull before that. Then I am done with the bath and using my brush to brush my hair. I caught Fred using it yesterday, so I guess he likes it better than his comb.

Know I do, and I got short hair still so a comb is good enough. Had made me giggle when I caught Fred using my brush so perhaps the reason. But then it is in a different spot than I left it last and no reason to move the brush to get the comb, that is in with his shaving kit. Which makes me pause, he uses that big cup to make the lather, he has those newfangled shavers instead of a blade.

Almost giggling about this then hear the door open. Perhaps is the crew to put in the shower so exit to find it is our neighbor skirt. She waves at me so wave back and go in the bedroom, need new undies and pad. Find my suit on the bed first thing so I guess Fred has figured on I should wear that finally.

Would groan but I have had it done for nigh on a week already. Get the undies and pad on first thing since that is so better than leaking down my legs. So much worse to be doing that in a new place with a new fella, not that it is all that great anyway. Skirt goes on then the shirt but just grab up the jacket, and the shoulder holster with pistol.

Out into the sitting room and she is staring. Grin and twirl to show it off, I have a shirt and skirt on which is not made anymore. Not that I really fault the factories, it is easier to simply make a dress since us skirts want it different looking, so dresses and less factories needed.

"Wow, never thought I'd see that again."

"I still find it hard to believe you remember separate skirts." Has her grinning and Fred snorts so he gets swat then she comes closer to hand over an ace.

"The big lug is saying to give you an ace and pay more later for a silk dress. Our anniversary is coming up and he has to have dough for the present." I snort and would grin but Fred is glaring, her fella came over and handed dough over for a roll of silk to make her one like mine as the gift.

"At least it won't be all that long before you get a silk dress. Also be sure and mention he asked a tailor and not me, I can't be doing that dress as often as I would if it is known I make them." Has her grinning with me.

"I agree and you will mend right?" I am nodding since most of mending is sew the rip closed.

"I am actually better at mending since that was what I did for the tailor I worked for. Penny an item though, I don't want to mend all day every day neither."

"I wouldn't either, I ask because he rips his uniform some and then the rest of the bulls, not many of us are good at it."

"You mean fellas care?" Has her laughing with me.

"I was right floored too." Knock at the door has Fred going that way so we turn to watch and it is the crew.

We watch them go past with the tools and then go back outside. Little odd except they are coming back with pipes. Then they are banging at the wall so she grins then leaves, I'm a little jealous but do need to work on the jacket for Giovanni. No silk yet he hasn't found a good color so far, at least not that he has brought over.

So over to the machine with me where I drape the shoulder holster and jacket on the chair. Over to the table with me and got it all laid out, it is time to sew it together. So take two pieces and get the edges folded and sew them together. Get two more pieces and get that sewn, so now I have the front of the jacket done.

Two more pieces that I am sewing a little, then adding in the front pieces and get that all together. So now I am adding in the collar which is the hard part, because if the cloth catches on the corner I sew it wrong and that is noticeable. I don't want to do that, besides the part about it being a made fella he is nice and a good lover, though probably not give him a turn again.

Last time he came over to talk on the cloth for his jackets, and hand over another roll, he had mentioned a skirt. He actually gushed over her so she has to be Italian and interested in the manacles with him. Good turn, and a little not because I wouldn't mind trying him in a bed, his wiggling is impressive so a full turn at nookie has to be mind blowing.

Finished with the collar I go over the whole thing and it is sewn right, no lagging sew line or nothing. You won't notice this is sewn except at the side and the edge of the collar. So then I am doing the fold over and adding in the inner lining, with two pockets already sewn in. This turns out perfect so I am grinning as I get the arms done up, with an inner lining.

Inner lining is sewn into the inside inner lining, so there is almost no rubbing on the fella. It being a jacket it isn't much of an issue since there is a shirt under. Still I am doing good work because this is actually easy, once you learn how at least. Also a little slow right now since I have to go back over everything.

At least once Fred is collecting me to go look at our new bathroom I am dropping a finished jacket on the table. The new bath with a shower is honestly more or less the same as it was, just have a big odd looking spigot up high. Also no curtain, or pipe to hang it off so I better ask on that part.

"No curtain or pipe?"

"The one they brought isn't long enough, would be a half shower or full bath as it was explained to me. Is enough to shower with, but most want one to cover the whole bath so there is room for two." Nod since that makes sense, would rather just shower with Fred at least some.

"I like that, means we can shower together and then you help me make breakfast." Fred sighs then shrugs and actually snorts.

"Honestly I am half surprised you don't make me help already. Anyway the curtain and pipe will be brought in tomorrow hopefully day after for sure, he wasn't sure on having one at his shop and other jobs to do today."

"Sitting Jake with me, and I got the jacket done, so I guess we can go silk buying."

"Are you sure that will stay in the jalopy? We are going to work shortly."

"Yes, we just drop it in the trunk and there is a key lock on that."

"When is Giovanni coming to get the jacket?"

"Tomorrow, remember he came by yesterday with the talk of that new skirt and the roll."

"You wanted extra time?" I am nodding so Fred grins.

"I went slow at it, first jacket for someone else and I do take pride in my work."

"Speaking of which, are you going to make trousers?"

"I will if he finds the silk, need to anyway since silk jacket with cloth pants is not speaking well on making plenty which he seems to."

"Perhaps he does, it is possible Capone hands out a thick roll of dough to his enforcers and then just keeps those filled."

"Sort of the same thing, I mean he just handed over a full on C note at the store for the machine and cloth."

"True, and then it is probable that they don't use the bank." Toss my hands since we don't either, there is a box in the closet.

"We have a box in the closet, I mean besides the part where we will pay up to the IRS we are just like made men." Fred snorts and is chuckling, gets me to giggle then I am ushered to get in my jacket.

Shoulder holster goes on first then jacket and we are leaving. Her fella is coming home as we do so he waves then stops and comes over.

"Skirt in a suit, that is striking and not just because it is a short jacket like a fella would wear."

"Yeah do you think it is feminine?" He is nodding and grins.

"Definitely, that is a great look, and then are you packing?" I am nodding and pull the jacket open to get a whistle out of him. "Definitely talented, will make mention of this in the morning since I know you are making jackets for the made men. Not that it matters much, we only care on in a courthouse but still good to know. Also spreading word on a skirt dick so you two will get cases. The skirts would rather talk to a skirt if you follow." I am nodding since it has been mentioned.

"Talked to just about all of the skirts on this street."

"Yeah the old bird on the corner doesn't come outside much, agoraphobic I think is the term. We get updates on these things and there are three in town." I am nodding since her fella had come by, she doesn't mend neither.

"I know, her fella heard tell of a tailor so came over to ask, she doesn't mend."

"She made me a sweater, great look to it."

"Sweaters are knit, at one point all skirts knew how to do that since you ordered patterns and cloth not clothes. When could order clothes it was only shirts, pants, and skirts. Socks you had to make yourself."

"At least I'm a fella, never paid no mind to that part." Has me giggling and he is off to home, it is almost dinner time for him.

Into the jalopy with us and off to the store. Inside and get the silk, though there is another silk in here this time. Rolls are the same size and Fred has the dough needed so get both rolls of silk. The new silk is gray in color, but not quite more of a white but not there neither. It is a lovely look and perhaps will make me another silk dress, two rather since the other silk is to make her two.

Course I could double the layers too, wouldn't make much difference but would be warmer in the winter wearing. A coat would cover most of her but if the dress under is slim it may not help much. Also perhaps doesn't matter since if it is cold in winter it is simply worn in summer when it can be admired.

Get to our work and are early so we get out of the jalopy and lean against it. Mostly on account of it is summer and a suit is warm without a breeze.

"Fred, do you think I should double the layers of the silk so one dress or single layer and make two?" Fred is silent for a moment then asks.

"Why are you thinking of that?"

"Double layer would make it warmer in winter. Perhaps doesn't matter since in summer a silk dress can be admired."

"I think keep it single layer and make two. I mean if it rips you have to get a new anyway." Shake my head and wink.

"No, even if it rips in the middle of the dress I can mend it, simple matter to take a needle and thread to it and sew close, so it is only a small ridge inside. Outside I stretch it so it stays flat in the hang and have to look to notice."

"Never knew there was so much to tailor."

"Not just tailor, most skirts can mend, being good at it is the mark of a tailor or a skirt who takes pride in her work."

"Speaking of that, would you mend a jacket?" Sigh and shake my head.

"Unless it is a seam split it is better to simply get a new jacket. Jackets do not have much weight and are not stretched around unless the fella bought small. So a mend is noticeable on a jacket done by tailor or not. Most shirts is the same thing, if the fella doesn't mind then mend and wear anyway."

"So a dress is the only thing that you would mend?"

"Pants too, mostly since they are long enough that it will hang flat with a mend. A good portion of the hanging flat with a mend is the weight put on the cloth by the rest of the cloth. A shirt you can mend the arms, those tend to hang flat, but also not if say he works in an office. Has arms up most of the day and the mend would show it easy. As in a fella would notice it." Fred sighs and shakes his head, makes me giggle.

Simon pulls in the lot and Alfred just after so we are all here, except then another fella is parking. Normal since this is a grocery on the top of our speakeasy, but he parks on this side where one does to go to the speakeasy. As in we got a new fella and all of them are coming toward us, staring at me too so that is nice to see, means I did a very nice suit for a skirt.

"A suit?" Simon says getting me to laugh, Fred steps over one.

"I am a licensed dick you know. Even packing." Pull open the jacket and all of the fellas are gawking.

"Huh, suppose can have you sit security on the door." Roll my eyes since that is high for me, I'd have to stretch up.

"Not likely, but then I would like you to hire another bimbo, I haven't learned to drive yet and we will have cases." Simon snorts and shrugs.

"Will ask around but then you could always go talk to the outfit and ask for a fella." Fred is shaking his head.

"No, we are not made and best to not have a made man be a driver for us." Alfred snorts and swells up some.

"Heck, we are adding a bartender so I don't have to work every night, I'll be the driver when needed, asides Fridays."

"I still say that was a fluke, and I wasn't even there so you can't blame it on the singing waitress." Simon snorts and laughs.

"Portia is called the singing waitress too. Still asking for a skirt to waitress so we will have another. If we keep being full I'll hire a fourth even, perhaps ask for a singer to waitress so we have one."

"I'd say ask Sunset Cafe but Mr. Armstrong is most of the singing, aside when they have Cab Calloway in, he has a talent that puts Mr. Armstrong as weaker."

"I've heard him, he is good though I like Armstrong better. You just want to give him nookie since he isn't precisely dark colored." The new fella says getting Fred to grab me, wasn't reaching for the pistol so I end up giggling.

"Definitely a looker but no, I enjoyed his singing better. Asides not wanting for that Sunset is a black and tan, could have sampled no issue. Just not giving out nookie at moment." All of the guys turn green and I grin since that is funny.

"Are we waiting on the band?" Fred asks and Simon starts and shakes his head so we head for the stairs down.

Inside we go and I am pulled along to the bar with Simon. He sits so sit too and then Alfred is behind the bar with the new fella. Asks what we want so I ask for a martini, I like those the best out of what is available. Simon isn't sure until finally he asks for a southside. I've heard of that but never tried before so take his glass when it is set before him.

The new fella made our drinks and after taking a sip of the southside I go to my martini. Simon is poking at me and orders another southside. Alfred is chuckling at this, along with the new fella.

"So what do you think of the martini?" Raise the glass high and smile.

"Bee's knees. I admit the southside is odd, is it supposed to taste like that? Simon is nodding, and downing his drink, which is not so easy but he manages.

"Yes it is spot on. Good choice Alfred he is definitely hired." Simon says then I have a drink set before me.

Giggle as I look at it, he gave me what I said, a bee's knees. Still I take it up and take a sip to smile since it is high class. Hand it over to Simon who gives me a look but does down that and he is smiling. Then folk are coming in so I should get out of my suit and get to work as a waitress. Simon has actually turned to me to say that except a skirt comes right over to us.

"Are you still looking for a waitress?" Simon is nodding and I am grinning since I don't have to don the scandalous dress now.

"Yes and if you can sing he is hiring you, means I don't have to get out of my suit." She looks at me and her eyes go big.

"Oh heavens the singing waitress." Simon is chuckling into his hand so I poke at him.

"We all sing, at least we better be all singing. I am actually Betty, though you may know me by the way of Speakeasy Betty or Brazen Betty." She is grinning now.

"I have spotted you before, according to most skirts I should act like you do and I will have plenty of nookie." Simon perks up a little so I poke him again.

emap
emap
237 Followers
123456...8