Flapper Dick Ch. 05

Story Info
Men, women, the mob, a caper.
23.2k words
4.86
3.8k
3
0

Part 5 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/07/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

Not really anything to mention this time, but doing it anyway since I am evil and underhanded that way. There is a new addition, got a breezer now, it is a Dodge Brothers Roadster, convertible in case you missed that part. I have no idea if a roadster is always a convertible for then so I simply said roadster.

I don't know mostly because I didn't look that hard, like into Dodge history. I looked up 1925 convertibles and ended up spotting the roadster, so that is what was gotten. It being a four cylinder and not expensive, cops being cheapskates and all.

Also not done with not letting you read the darn story. Not that I have any idea what to say besides Penney. What I mean with that is JCPenney. See the thing is the name changed several times on the company, it became all one company in 1890's I think it was. Something like six name changes in all the time it's been around. It also was referred to as Penney for a while, then Penney's so there was a name change to J. C. Penney's in the 1930's.

Darn, I ran out of things to say. So I guess on with the actual story. Assuming you haven't run away screaming yet. If you have not I gotta work harder on that.

**

Wake to the alarm behind me and then Fred is swatting at me. He has to sit up to turn the alarm off so I have been sleeping on the alarm side. Roll over to turn the alarm off and fall out of bed again. Just lie there in pain, and Fred is laughing then he comes over the side of the bed to hold out his hand. Grab that and pulled up so turn to go to the bathroom.

Fred grabs me by the hand and pulls back so I do turn the alarm off. Then swat at him since he didn't get up and do it himself even though I am in pain. Fred frowns for a moment then is chuckling so poke at him some, then go to the bathroom. Fred follows along after so we will shower together, but not getting picked up to settle on him.

Definitely not a nice turn but his shoulder hurts to pick up heavy things. First time he said that I kicked and swat at him rather frantically, I am not heavy. Mostly wonderful shower of cleaning each other off then over to the sink where I am shaving Fred. He likes this turn because raising his hand high hurts.

After getting him home he had talked about it. The doctor told him while I had been tasked with getting his clothes and things. He shouldn't put his left hand up very high, and then raising the arm to his shoulder is not happening. Means he shouldn't be doing bum rushes for a while, and then nookie I am to get on top.

That part at least had been shared when I was there. Fred had explained it as the doctor wasn't sure what all I can understand being a woman. I had been rather dumbstruck on that one. Finished with shaving we go into the kitchen and I make breakfast. I do the one that our perhaps nanny had known from a mick so it is all in one pan and quite easy to do.

Make biscuits to go with and get that on plates that Fred takes to the table. So I pinch on his backside then go for the newspaper. Collect that from right at the door, when we got the letter I had forgotten to get the newspaper and we never thought about it. The paperboy had been tossing them onto the porch so it was a search every morning.

Because we forgot the newspaper one day, gone the next, and the paperboy had noticed, no idea how, he drops it at our door now. Makes it easy to get every morning so no complaining, though now that it is always there it is odd that it wasn't before. Suppose since this porch is partially enclosed, sitting down you won't see anything but our heads and shoulders since the partial wall isn't that tall.

Just eat breakfast then Fred is grabbing up the newspaper. He takes out the first section and drops the rest on my plate. Kick him then take it up and split out the sections so I can read them no problem and he can too. I get the second section and am reading that then Fred is poking at me so kick him again, not that he stops.

"What?" Fred is grinning now.

"We are on the front page." Snort then he shows it to me and I am gasping.

"Weird, we sort of walked into a shootout and are the top news three days later?" Fred is nodding.

"It talks about the case we did and how it tied in with the string of capers. No pictures of us but it does mention us, in the way of daring dicks that solve the two month problem the bulls couldn't." Frown because that is rather wrong.

"The bulls had no real chance at solving it, no witnesses. No this fella or group been hanging around my store for a couple days. The only reason we stopped it was the one having a condition and offing another. Also was one month, I thought, but then we are middle of the month." Fred snorts and shakes his head.

"Remember, they talked to Ruth on it. Far as they can tell the fella was just unpleasant."

"Which points Kelly as either putting a shine on to get rid of him, or a gold digger, neither is precisely a good notion." Fred snorts.

"Putting a shine on is a good mark, knew he was trouble so simply lied to be left alone. You did find the necklace in his room so he never found her again." Nod since true and better way to look at it, and then not too.

"Yeah but lying isn't supposed to be done." Fred frowns for a moment then shrugs.

"In the way of getting away from an unpleasant person who thinks you would date him I am all for the lying."

"True, and then when you have a really bad looking suit on." Fred tosses his hands then kicks me.

"I have seven good suits, and then one with good pants and everything else has a hole and blood on it." Shake my head.

"I tossed that one, and then I want to go to Penney, and a grocery. We can get the more things to make for a second meal, and I want you in a blue suit."

"Let me guess, in your new breezer." Roll my eyes.

"I didn't ask them to buy me a brand new Dodge Brothers Roadster. It also has four cylinders and I want to try it out." Fred sighs and looks up.

"I want to live through the year." Kick Fred for that.

"You let me drive it at that dirt track they have outside of town. There is not a radio in it either, I won't be one of those problem drivers."

"You are a flapper, by definition you are a problem driver." I am tempted to sock him, then notice the grin so poke at him.

"I even got tips on how to drive from one of the hooch drivers so I will be good at it, and I have a license."

"Speaking of that, you put it in that wallet?" I am nodding.

"I stuck it in the wallet and can see both. Not that I needed to, all the darn license is for is to say I registered to drive and what my name is. Same thing on the dick license."

Fred sighs and goes back into the newspaper so I go back to breakfast and reading the newspaper. The front page article is worded well though I admit it is painting the wrong look on the bulls. Also perhaps will net them an increase in funding so more bulls which I think everyone below the mayor's office wants.

Done with breakfast we get the dishes in the sink and I would follow Fred to get dressed, except the phone rings. I'm pretty sure Fred ran away so I am yelling mean things at him as I go to the phone and pick it up.

"Hello?"

"I am hoping I managed to dial the phone correctly and I am speaking to Betty." I recognize that voice, the grown beyond his age kid from the first caper we got.

"This is Betty, this is also the skirt that got you nabbed in that warehouse." He is silent for a moment.

"Oh that is good to know, I had no idea why I was phoning some house and asking for Betty. Besides what I am to tell you now at least. Mr. Capone is coming to your house to speak on terms of an agreement between you two. I'm unclear on the agreement and they have been teaching me plenty so it struck me as odd."

"You are not a muck up so did it anyway, good mark. I am curious, is your family doing better with your income?"

"Yes, thank you for deciding I should get this instead of taken for a ride. Mom is happier with this outcome and there is enough dough for food. I'm unsure on it being true but some of the fellas had been saying I perhaps am ready for some action." Sigh since that is so wrong.

"I will speak with Mr. Capone on that."

"If you would, I would like to get some action besides the bordello. Mr. Capone has said that I am able to go to one and pick out a skirt. I have though she seemed unsure on letting me." Barely hold in the giggles.

"You are not old enough for most skirts to think you should get nookie. I hope you have not told your mom."

"Of course not, I enjoy breathing. Also will need to hang up the phone now, have other tasks to do and later I am going to start learning how to safe crack. Just in case as it was explained to me, but still awesome." He elongates awesome so that is rather silly, and also rather interesting to be hearing.

Hang up giggling then go join Fred in the sitting room. He managed to get dressed with a suit on, though perhaps was not pleasant. Sit with Fred and snuggle into him since he seems to appreciate that and feels good to me too.

"What was the phone call about?"

"Mr. Capone is coming to talk terms on our agreement. I almost hope Mr. Nitto is coming since he is the business expert. I'm unsure on what to ask for besides say twenty five percent." Fred snorts and shakes his head.

"I want to say fifty, it is your designs being sold. Capone is providing the machines and people to use said machines."

"True, but come on we are talking about Capone. Most of the reports on him paint him as bloodthirsty. Besides I am not really doing all that much with this."

"True, and he is coming now?" I am nodding and Fred is frowning.

"Go get in your suit, I don't want to watch you give him nookie."

Roll my eyes but do hop up and go in our bedroom. Grab out the gray silk suit so I am not the most striking person in the room with Capone there. Mostly because he perhaps would off me for that, and I don't wear it as often. No real reason for that besides the other suit is more striking, silk suit is a silk suit.

Back into the sitting room and Fred snorts looking at me, but doesn't say anything. So sit next to him and eventually snuggle in again. We get enough wind it is not too hot to snuggle in suits, and it's going to get cold soon. Does bring to mind one thing.

"Fred I'm sort of a dunce on this, what do we do with my breezer in winter?" Fred snorts and shakes his head.

"I am thinking when it starts to snow you simply close it up, and then watch it so it doesn't collapse. Snow in your breezer is bad, since it melts eventually and it may make the electrical system short out. Means overhaul on the whole thing."

"Watch it as in go take the snow off?"

"Yeah, alternately, drive it around. Anything on the cover will come off as soon as you are driving. Also, do you have gloves and a good coat?" I am nodding then shake my head since my gloves are not that great and the coat probably needs to be replaced.

"The gloves I have are alright for stuffing in pockets as I walk somewhere. The coat probably could stand to be replaced. Keep in mind I struggled for food most of the time and didn't buy a coat from my tailor boss."

"Wonder if Capone will hand over an advance, you need to buy gloves and a coat."

"Gloves won't be more than half an ace."

Fred would say something except a jalopy just parked in front of our neighbor. Our two jalopies take up the space in front of our house. Not good and then not mattering that much, most houses have one jalopy. Little while after that there is the knock so get off Fred so he can go answer the door, except he is pushing me.

Swat him then hop up and go open the door to see a fella I don't know. Behind him however is Mr. Capone, I think, I can see a jacket. The fella is reaching out for me so swat his hands away then there is chuckling behind him.

"Lay off on checking for a pistol, these are our dicks." Fella frowns but does step aside and there is Mr. Capone so reach my hand out to have it grabbed and kissed.

"Do please come in, I think leave your dog on the porch." Mr. Capone snorts and comes in.

I leave the door open so the fella can see if not come in, not like I said he can't or anything. Fred stands up and they shake hands then Mr. Capone is given the sofa. Fred goes and collects a couple chairs so we sit there.

"So are you missing things or is this perhaps a person has been murdered and you are unsatisfied with the bulls progress?" Fred and Mr. Capone stare at me for a moment then Mr. Capone is laughing.

"Shall have to remember that. No this is instead about the idea for a store selling skirts like your suit there and shirts. Mr. Nitto was very happy with the idea and wanted to come and talk terms with you, but being the man in charge I am doing that. This is just a feeler meeting, Mr. Nitto has a good idea for percentages but I wanted to hear your side so we can meet in the middle."

"I was thinking twenty five though Fred thinks fifty is better since it is my designs, you are providing workers and the store."

"As it was told to me thirty percent is a better split, you get thirty mind. Partly that is because we are a big organization and can't look weak to any others or they will send a force to try and take over. Not that I think any will, we are making more than most and selling a lot of hooch to the other groups."

"I'm not taking the first offer, but I also don't want to argue for weeks, we want to get a safe and put it under a table out here covered in sheer cloth so it won't be noticed. So why not go with thirty three percent, I look like a good business person and you don't look weak."

"That is a good cut so I won't quibble over it. One thing, the bulls know the bordello is there and don't care?" Shake my head.

"As it was explained to me when I asked at the station. They won't bother to raid since they have to prove it is something illegal. Unless there are complaints on that one they won't raid, so long as it stays a quiet bordello it's best to leave there."

"Nice to know, and then if we give all of them a sewing machine they would be seamstresses and then lonely at night so it would take one of the customers talking." I am nodding though I do want to mention one thing.

"I think best if you pay them more for doing the work, even if it's a dime for a skirt or shirt finished. If they are not paid more it's not really worth the effort of doing the work. We also never asked so they are allowed to leave whenever they want?" Mr. Capone is nodding.

"We are not as bad as those north side ruffians, heard stories of them having bordellos where the skirts can't leave and are either dragged back or shot when they try."

"I've not seen anything on that in the paper, and not heard of it before we started getting one. Perhaps you are being told that to try and get you to wipe them out. Not that I am saying leaving there is a good idea."

"We want to get rid of them because this is our town, not half of it like they are saying. There is one thing, Mr. Nitto was unsure on it. Do we want to hire a clerk or two?" Frown because yes, but then there are skirts already working for him who can do it.

"First thought is yes, but then you also have plenty of skirts working for you. I'm thinking Kelly, she is too young looking for bordello working, but also can't be moving her out since she is popular and you wouldn't unless she quits." Mr. Capone is shaking his head.

"I agree on should get her out, though besides the questionable sorts hiring her she has no complaints. Still Giovanni said she was anxious to learn how to tailor so perhaps her running the store would be a good idea. She can still work in the bordello to scratch that itch, just means she goes to bed before the others."

"She will need a jalopy or driver if you prefer."

"I'll put it to her, though can't be having a made man in the store all day. If the bulls decide they need to get rid of us in the obvious places it would be better to have a not obvious income." I am nodding since Fred and I are not officially part of his organization either.

"I can see the thinking there and it is good. The only part that perhaps is troubling is simply she works in your bordello and they perhaps have seen her there. The fella in the station mentioned as how the fellas went to bordello when not up to going to a speakeasy for nookie."

"Good point, but then we do pay our skirts. If the bulls ask all of them will say the same. So Kelly will pay for the store with her savings and a loan that she pays off in short order, would be a small store. I believe we have a place picked, I am leaving that to Giovanni and Mr. Nitto since we want one that all skirts can reach."

"Almost think you should move Kelly out, but then she is not getting nookie and I wouldn't do that to her." Fred and Mr. Capone are chuckling.

"Officially the bordello is closing. At least for us officially, the skirts are now seamstresses, we will need to have them trained and their machines there but it is in the process on everything but training."

"So no more made men?" Fred asks and Mr. Capone is frowning.

"That is a tough one, for it to no longer be a bordello they should leave, but I don't want to just leave them to handle security on their own. I am sure they could but still not the best of ideas. Perhaps instead the one living there will be hired on as building manager and it is just an apartment building. The rest will visit because they are friends, and suppose we should add books and radios so there is a reason they are all in the lobby. There have been beefs on not having anything to do while waiting for a fella." I am nodding because that is a good idea.

"That is a good idea, radios to listen to and then books. They all visit the library I am sure, I remember before speakeasies I would have books to read and visit the library often. Problem is they can't be staying up all night like at a speakeasy."

"True, but then just turning the radios off would work, most are asleep by midnight. Most apartment buildings have the lights on all night in the entrance hall and hallways." I am nodding then remember the kid on the phone.

"That kid I got you to hire, he said the fellas are saying he should get action soon." Mr. Capone snorts and shakes his head.

"Not like that, if he does anything it would be as a look out. Small revolver so he can defend himself and explain he doesn't shoot anyone unless they are coming at them to attack. I may be an evil mob boss but I'm not stupid." Has me chuckling with Fred, and suppose we are done.

"Sure you are not missing something or having a murder you want investigated better?" Mr. Capone snorts and shakes his head.

"We are not, do hope you are not waiting for us to have a caper for you. Most of the time we don't have anything like that. If we run across anything though we will call."

Mr. Capone stands up so we shake his hand, I get mine kissed instead but am a skirt. See him off after that so a little later we are leaving too. Down to my breezer and get in, then not go anywhere since our neighbor came out. She just wants to watch so I am giggling as I start the car. Fred looks rather nervous so I look behind us then shove the pedal to the floor.

Engine screams a little and we take off getting Fred to groan. I let off the accelerator after that so we reach the end of the street at a sedate pace. Fred swats me some then calls out directions since I am not sure on how to get to Penney. Get to the store and park then I am jumping up and down since I drove all the way here and didn't kill anyone, Fred is laughing hard since we are not alone.

The other people in the parking lot are looking at me so I grin and wave. Plenty of laughs then we are all off to Penney. Going inside we have the first floor and then handy signs with directions to other things. I'm unsure on what to do first, so look at Fred and he directs us over to the elevator to get up to Woman's Wear.

emap
emap
237 Followers