Flapper Dick Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Usually that means a color but there is one that is all lace. Which is a rather good thought, lace can be gotten as edging or more inclusive. Reaching home we spend a little bit covering my breezer then up the steps. Audrey goes over to the mailbox and opens it up to pull out a few letters. Shocks me so get ushered inside by a giggling Audrey.

Into the kitchen with us and the letter opener is grabbed up. I get handed one that has me giggling, just says Betty on it. Open it up and there is dough inside along with a letter. Not much of a letter, it is a fella asking to get a silk dress for his skirt. Makes up most of the street since a number of fellas had gotten me to do the dresses for Christmas.

Have a second letter asking for the same thing, which does make the whole street having silk dresses. Which is rather grand, mostly for my neighbors though it is rather nice since I get an ace to make them the two dresses. Get handed another letter and this one is a full on letter, and recognize the handwriting, then notice Audrey who has a rather full on grin going.

"What did you think of, or is this happy that we have a case?" Audrey snorts and shakes her head.

"I realized, Abe Cabe gets a skirt two silk dresses. So why not do it with the store, except the dress will be two fifty." Smile since that is not bad, though then again most can't afford that much for one dress.

"I'm unsure on that, skirts go to our store so much because it is new things and we are cheap. I mean one of our dresses at Penney would cost a little more." Audrey nods and shakes her head.

"Most of our designs Penney would not carry, though the suits they would perhaps. What I am thinking is that who gets to wear silk? I mean besides the rich and then some celestials who move here with silk clothing, nobody can afford or doesn't buy anyway."

"So if we all of a sudden have silk dresses all of Chicago is paying attention?" Audrey nods and grins.

"Depending on how much we pay for the silk. I'm not sure Kelly has actually looked into getting silk." Frown because that is true, then realize one thing.

"Silk has to be ordered from China I think it was. I don't think there is a factory in this country for it. Still it is something we can ask Kelly. In fact you do that, she has a phone in the store." Audrey nods and hops up, so open up the letter.

Little shocked at this letter, they have a murder but unable to get even a description of the murderer. Which isn't that farfetched, middle of the night murders are not seen by most. Just this apparently happened when many are coming home from work. Still not outside possibility, what says there are witnesses is simply it happened at the steps to the fellas own home.

Will have to wait for Fred to make sense of this, and even then perhaps. Not sure where the address is, though I am thinking west side. Then Audrey is sitting at the table and she has a big grin.

"I'm thinking you got good news." Audrey is nodding.

"Kelly likes the idea and will call up her supplier and ask about silk. She is sure that if he doesn't have silk he will know where to get it." I am nodding then shake my head.

"Honestly most likely what will happen is the supplier will call up a silk supplier and ask to set himself up as a supplier. More dough for him." Audrey is nodding then shrugs.

"Doesn't mean anything beyond we have silk to make new dresses with. Also think we should go buy the silk now before Fred is up and you are off to do that." I am nodding since that is a good thought.

So back out to the breezer and get it uncovered, then Liza comes out and helps. Curious but then we are going to a store, another store isn't a problem. So we climb in the breezer and I take us off. Liza doesn't say anything at first, she is in the backseat, then leans forward to get her head up near me.

"Where are we going?"

"Getting two rolls of silk so the rest of the street has silk dresses."

"I was wondering what took so long on those two. I mean you had the most expensive Christmas present."

"Not everybody is paid as good as a bull." Liza snorts and shakes her head.

"That's just it, starting pay is the same as it is at a factory. It is staying around and getting promotions that means you are paid good. Course you should shush, you are making as much by breaking the law, and doing investigations."

"Don't forget picking up witnesses, and we are getting another sawbuck per month, driving expenses since have to get them in our jalopy or breezer."

"That's not bad, likely need at most half that." I am nodding and wink fast.

"Sawbuck was said by the prosecutor when I mentioned we should get more dough to cover driving expenses."

"Honestly you likely could mark off the bullets you buy as work expenses when you pay the IRS."

"We are supposed to pay the IRS?" Liza and Audrey are giggling so I think I did a shocked voice good.

Then we are at the store so on inside and back to the rolls of cloth. Get the silk and back outside to get to a grocery. Liza is wanting to get bananas so I make a face and get poked by everyone in my breezer. Still off to the grocery and go on inside, then we get a cart and walk around. Low on some things, including bacon.

Do find some chocolate, I had commented on finding boxes at another grocery so this one had gone looking. Found a company that would give them chocolate boxes. So now this grocery has the chocolate boxes along with a good assortment of the candy bars. Be cheaper to go to a candy shop to get the candy, but it's nice to just go to the grocery.

Besides which most candy shops don't have boxes of chocolate. They have candy bars, along with jawbreakers and gum balls. Really wonderful assortment of things, but mostly what kids wish for. Also gives me a wish so ask when we finish with the grocery. So off to a candy shop and inside where we look around some, and I get a full on quarters worth of gum balls.

Not all we get either, there are some really wonderful chocolate bars here. Liza gets taffy, lot of taffy really, course I don't blame her, they have the salt water taffy here. Better than the regular taffy that is for sure. Audrey gets peanut brittle which has me and Liza calling her lazy since it's easy to make.

Fella is chuckling at the exchange, mostly since Audrey counters with she makes most of the meals. Sort of hard to fault her on that, she has been cooking our meals more than I have. Course that was mostly due to morning sickness, and then the dark room and getting the photographs done. On home with us and then we split up to get our things inside.

Just sit around for a little while then Fred is getting up so hop up and into our bedroom to get out of my suit. Into the shower with me and put my arms up so Fred can pick me up to go inside. Fred rolls his eyes so kick him. Then we are washing each other off with Fred making sure to feel me all over.

Roll my eyes but it is nice to feel his hands roaming all over me. Then we are out of the shower and I am shaving Fred. All that done back into our bedroom to get in our suits, and this is odd so I better ask.

"Why are we getting dressed?" Fred rolls his eyes.

"We are getting dressed since you were already. Also need to stop having breakfast not wearing anything, child on the way." Sigh since he has a point.

"Good point, and I think Audrey is falling for the colored bull I went around with. Says he puts you in competition for best equipment." Fred snorts.

"Good I suppose, though also means we lose our nanny." Ponder that and shake my head.

"I wouldn't think so, I think Simon has an apartment and most of those are not big enough for a family."

"Many are being used for that anyway, I went to school with a fella who lived in an apartment with his folks and four younger brothers and sisters."

"Yeah but once you go to two kids you can't afford to get a house since you are buying so much food."

Fred snorts and guides me into the kitchen. Get with Audrey and we make up breakfast, eggs, bacon, sausage, and some biscuits. Not to mention joe, Fred demands that part since we hadn't gotten it going already. So Audrey and I are giggling and making fun of the demanding fella. Once we have it all cooked up to the table where we say grace and dig in for a little while.

"Audrey are you going to move in with Simon?" Audrey just looks at me for a moment and rolls her eyes.

"He has a hide away bed, and the bathroom is covered with drapes if you bother to pull them."

"So saving up to get a house?" Fred asks this so we both look at him, then Audrey is giggling since he looked back at his plate.

"Still discussing that part, I mean besides knowing him in bed we just met. I also don't want to end up in the colored areas. Not because it would be horrible, most of the houses in there are one floor."

"Yeah I wouldn't want that, any family with more than two kids and one bedroom for them knows how bad that is." Audrey is nodding then Fred looks up.

"Move him in here."

"What?" Fred looks at me and rolls his eyes.

"Seriously, move him in here so more dough to save, and then perhaps move in on this street, everyone is older and I am sure thinking of getting an apartment."

"I thought they wanted to stay here and delight in our kid."

"They do, but also know that an apartment would be cheaper." I am frowning now because that makes no sense.

"How is an apartment cheaper?" Fred rolls his eyes.

"Most apartments the gas and electric is part of rent. So they pay for the ice and food, then rent comes to less. They are not paying sanitation, electric, and gas, just rent that is in most places around four aces a month. Depends on the size of the apartment." Audrey is nodding to that.

"Simon isn't paying that much for his apartment, after that it is food, and gasoline." Makes sense, but then the moving out of a perfectly nice house is odd, then remember the case.

"We got a case and I have no idea how that happened." Fred frowns and takes up the letter, and tells me to eat.

So I eat and when I ask Fred he tells me to eat so finish off breakfast. Breakfast finished and not hungry, both ask me that, I get up and collect the chocolate bars. Fred watches me stick them into my pockets then shakes his head and takes them out.

"Coat pockets so they are not melting." Roll my eyes then grab up a gum ball and chew on that.

"I don't want to take forever, the last two houses are getting silk dresses finally. We got the silk and I want to help Audrey since she is a student." Audrey tosses her hands and pokes at me getting Fred to laugh so we both kick him.

"Ouch, keep that up and there will be a table in the basement for a certain nanny and her colored fella." Audrey tosses her hands, I just kick Fred.

"Say that again and I will sleep in Audrey's room with her fella." Audrey kicks me this time.

"He doesn't want nookie often enough for that." Toss my hands so Fred is chuckling, until I kick him.

"Do stop that or I will make you investigate this alone."

"Speaking of that, what happened that nobody saw anything?" Fred shakes his head.

"No idea, I mean he was offed with a kitchen knife. Hard to miss that happening since likely there was a fight first." My jaw drops since there is one explanation.

"His wife, I don't remember it saying he has one." Fred shakes his head.

"No wife listed, perhaps a live in skirt like I got." Audrey is nodding.

"Possible, but then why didn't anybody see it happening?" Fred frowns and looks at me so shrug, then one thought comes to mind.

"Possible he was one of those loving until move in then beat on the skirt. Any other skirt would know it happens and if she lost it and offed him they wouldn't see a thing."

"Wouldn't the detective know that?" Frown because I am a little unsure on that one.

"Maybe, depends on if the detective talked to the patrol. They would know unless nobody ever called in on the two when he was being not loving."

Fred sighs and nods then ushers me into my coat. So get in my coat and stick the chocolate bars in my pockets then we are leaving. Climb in the jalopy and just drive to the address, it is west side like I thought. Course these houses are different than ours, they are two stories but thinner than our house so that is a little odd.

Address reached we get out of the jalopy and then not going anywhere. Fred is looking around so I am doing the same.

"I'm not liking the look of these houses."

"I know what you mean, but likely they just extend farther than ours does so it is more of a sideways house." Fred snorts then looks up.

"Means there isn't much of a backyard." Sigh and look around, there are no kids playing along the street, but then school has started up again too.

"Not really anything wrong with that, just means the kids are playing on the street with the rest of them like I had growing up." Fred looks at me then.

"Didn't you have a back yard?" Roll my eyes and nod.

"I did have a backyard, that is where boys go to dig up worms. My folks figured on having more kids than just me so big house like what we have."

"What do we do if there is only this one?"

"Almost want to say we get a smaller house, but then I like the street. If we only have one then Audrey will stay there with us and she will likely have more than one. Suppose I could try a colored fella and see if we get more then." Fred snorts and pokes me.

"Best if you don't, most would figure on you were having an affair with Simon."

"True, but then I also don't think more than one will be a problem. Course if we get to three before nineteen thirty I will get one of those diaphragm things." Fred is nodding which gets me to giggle.

Also move up the steps to the house we parked in front of. Pull out my license before knocking then kick Fred so he does the same with his license. So the skirt with a shiner is opening the door to two dicks with their license out. She looks at us and sighs then waves us in, so we go on inside and sit on the sofa while she pulls a chair over.

"Are you working for his family?" Shake my head.

"We are court appointed, they want us to look into the offing of the fella better than the bulls did. Will mention that if you did off him for beating on I won't say against. Not likely to get witnesses to that anyway." She sighs and opens her mouth then doesn't say anything since Fred does.

"I'm saying the same thing on it, though also want to get a full accounting of what happened. Mostly in case you off another fella." She and I are looking at Fred then she sighs again.

"Suppose I don't have much choice. He would beat on me, always apologized about it after and did nice things for me. Probably should have kicked him out anyway, but he was charming. Before you ask this is my house, folks owned and I got left it when they died. No idea what I am going to do now, he had a job and I don't." Fred looks at me so roll my eyes then put up my hand since there is one thing.

"Kelly said that Mr. Nitto is looking for a warehouse to take over and make it a factory so we do need seamstresses. Not sure how long it will take however." Fred is frowning though she smiles a little.

"I can hold on for a month or two. Just where would I go to say that I want the job?"

"Best if you simply go to the store. Kelly perhaps will hire you on as a clerk there until the factory is done. No idea how much we will pay, we only have the one store so far."

"Since you are doing a factory I would not be surprised at mail order." Fred says and that is a really good point.

"Not a bad idea, but then that is all up to Kelly, or Mr. Nitto, I never asked on that." Fred nods then shrugs.

"Probably best to not know. Also if you could give us a run down of the day he was offed." She sighs and nods.

"I was running late on having dinner ready so wasn't outside to meet him the way he demands. He assumes I am busy having an affair if I am not out there to meet him. So he storms in and grabs me by my hair and pulls out front yelling at me the whole time. I am saying I lost track of time when we stop on the porch. So he popped me and I fell down the steps. So I am screaming about not doing that since I think he knocked me up. He is screaming back about how I gave my worthless body to other fellas, which I hadn't but then I don't think he ever believed that. Get hauled up again and shaken then he punches me in the belly right on our kid and I punch him back. Didn't realize I was still holding the knife until it's sticking out of him." Neither one of us says anything at first, on my end I am rather glad for her having the knife.

"Sort of hard to find fault with offing him, though the laws don't take that into account either. I am curious on one part, why didn't the bull find you with him?"

"Pete and Sally, they live next door, came over and got me to go inside and we called in. I wasn't able to talk much so Pete did the phone talking and told me what to say to the detective." Fred sighs so I look at him then he nods.

"Not supposed to do that, but then I wouldn't want to get put away with a kid on the way either."

"I wasn't thinking about that, he was hitting me where our kid is maybe and I got upset with him." I am nodding now since I would do the same thing.

"I know how you feel on that end. He did knock me up, even starting to show." Fred rolls his eyes so swat at him.

"Just what will I do if he did knock me up?"

"On that part I don't think you have much to worry on. The company is being run by Kelly and we are hiring skirts to do the sewing, with a machine so it's fast and easy as soon as you learn." She is nodding then frowns.

"What about this Mr. Nitto?"

"As far as I know he is funding the expansion."

"If Kelly is running it how do you know so much about it?" I grin, Fred rolls his eyes.

"I designed most of the clothes. We are going to add in a satin line, and silk. Silk we are unsure on how much it will cost but the satin dresses and such likely would be seventy five cents." Her jaw drops and just stays there for a while.

"Saint's preserve us, satin dresses for seventy five cents?" I am nodding and wink.

"You won't want them for a while likely, but we do wedding night finery items, and just added satin panties."

"It's a little odd, she made suits, and there are some rather nice glad rags, and then it is mostly things that goes under the clothes or for looking nicer to the fella." Fred says so we are both looking at him.

"Really?" I have to think about that for a moment then nod.

"We have the wedding night finery items, and then just added in more along with slips. The satin version goes on under your dress so it feels really nice. Have a sheer version that is part of the wedding night items, but still a slip."

"Brassiere that can be worn under glad rags, does nice things to her bubs." Fred says then pulls open my coat and jacket on one side to show my bubs to her.

"Fred do stop that." She is giggling, only a little but then she did off the fella that perhaps knocked her up.

"When should I go over to the store?" Ponder that for a moment then smile since I got a good thought.

"Store opens at eight so try and get there around then if you can. Little late is alright, there is already a clerk there. I will talk to Kelly later today."

"Closest train stop is three miles." Frown because that isn't so nice, takes a while to go that far and hard when you are tired.

"That's not good, but then you don't know if you are knocked up yet so you can manage for a few months. After that you should have the dough for a jalopy, I will mention that to Kelly and she can figure out if there is dough to get you a jalopy. Also don't have the factory yet either so it may end up being close to this house. All I know is warehouses that are not being used or not rebuilt are being looked for."