Flapper Dick Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Probably be in south side." Fred says which is a fair assumption.

"True, if need be we can talk to the bulls and see if any would hand over some dough to help you afford a jalopy. Likely shine one with knocked up and needing the jalopy so you can go to the grocery." She shakes her head though Fred is nodding.

"It would work, don't even have to say anything beyond what she is at right now. Perhaps knocked up and needing dough for a jalopy to get to her new job."

I think we are both staring at Fred, who has me write down the store address for her. Give that over to her then we are out to our jalopy and climbing in. Off fast after that so I am looking at Fred, who doesn't seem to notice. So watch where we are going and after not that long I am seeing something wrong, we are not going home.

"Where are we going?"

"Over to County Attorney, need to share with them on her. You likely didn't write up the report either." Groan because I had forgotten that.

"Won't they insist on sending us to arrest her?" Fred snorts and shakes his head.

"Most fellas don't like the fellas who beat on their wives."

"Also don't do anything about it." Fred rolls his eyes so poke at him.

"That is because if say I am beating on you and a fella stops to then beat on me to make me stop beating on you, he is then arrested for attacking me." Frown because that makes no sense, then realize what he means.

"So no matter the reason beating on a person means you are facing charges?" Fred nods and glances at me.

"There is nothing in the laws about that so it is entirely at the discretion of the County Attorney. Even when it is a bull shooting at a fella that is shooting back, the bull can be brought up on charges."

"Even when the bull shoots back?" Fred is nodding.

"Even if it is to save a skirt or another fella from a stabbing the bull that shot down the fella with the shiv can be facing charges. Generally he won't because the County Attorney says no charges, if the people of Chicago call for charges on the bull shot down a fella about to stab someone then there are charges."

"That's not very good." Fred is nodding then cursing some as he darts us around an accident.

"Yeah, the laws are rather basic, not been changed yet because there isn't an outcry to do so."

Seems that there shouldn't need to have an outcry to fix the laws. Not that I mention that, just watch where we are going since we are almost to the offices. Course when we do reach the offices there is an empty spot right in front of the doors. So I am rather irate with that and calling Fred things as we go to the secretary leading to the offices.

Has her giggling since I stop cussing at Fred to explain to her. Also get waved on into the hallways to meet with the fella I went to yesterday. I'm not liking that one, talking to him got me involved in a gang house. Still all the way to his office door we go then inside to find him reading a folder.

"Is that the mustache fellas information?" He looks up at us and shakes his head.

"I have other cases besides that one. What brings you in?" Fred gets me sat in a chair then sits himself.

"We got information on a murder happened west side. You asked us to look into it. We talked to the skirt that done the offing and it wasn't intended." Fella is frowning now and his hand comes up.

"So the fella was offed by the skirt he was living with?" Fred and I are nodding.

"Her house and he moved in with, charming and loving with a temper so would beat on her. She had a shiner when we got to the house. There was an argument and honestly the fella sounds to have had one of those conditions." Fella looks at me then Fred who is nodding.

"Yeah, demands she is out front to meet him, and if she is not he is sure she is having an affair. So when he was offed she was behind with dinner so wasn't out front to meet him. He stormed in pulled her out the porch and popped her so fell down the stairs. She thinks he knocked her up so was yelling about that to get pulled up and he popped her in the belly where their kid perhaps is. So she punched him back, still holding the kitchen knife."

"Why wasn't she found standing over the fella or something?"

"Her neighbors, they knew what happened and got her inside then called the bulls. Not proper to do that but then according to the laws she murdered him even though she was only trying to protect her kid. So we told her that we wanted the information to hold on to in case she offs another fella." Gets me stared at for a little while then the fella is nodding.

"I am agreeing with you two on that one. Is she going to be alright?" We are both nodding.

"We are going to get her hired on as a seamstress. The store is doing good enough that an empty warehouse is being looked for to be used as the factory and hire on seamstresses."

"That sounds alright, will tell the bulls to keep an eye on her in case she needs help. Also need one of you two to write up a report. Won't be actionable but good to have." Fred is nodding.

"What I told her would happen, we got the information to hang on to in case she offs another fella."

Prosecutor is nodding then hands over some paper and a pen. Fred asks if I remember to do the report of yesterday which I hadn't. So more paper and a pen and we are both writing a report. Prosecutor goes back to his folder since he has to figure out what to go for with that case. A rather good ending to the few days since no shoot out today.