Flight to Paradise Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He slaps his leg. "Great idea!"

"Mac! I was kidding!"

"I'm not."

"Mac. Don't do this, okay? Please," she says, touching the main screen and turning control back over to the autopilot.

"Let's just see how it goes, okay? Christmas is a long time away, and anything can happen, but... if... we exchange gifts at Christmas, I know what I'm getting you." He holds up his hand when he sees her start to protest. "No arguments. You'll never convince me you won't enjoy them and it's something I want to do. So just hold your protests and let's see how things go, okay?"

She stews for a moment, her inner demons trying to start trouble. She's never had a man so eager to buy things for her, and she's having a hard time adjusting to the fact that he probably doesn't expect anything in return. She mentally kicks her demon in the groin to quiet it down, struggling to throw off her mounting anger. "Okay. We'll see how it goes," she finally says.

He can tell she's struggling with another mother episode, like the one with the dress. "Kate. Let it go, okay? The only thing I expect is that you enjoy the lessons, okay?"

Damn him! Now I feel like an ungrateful heel! "I know Mac. I'm sorry. Please be patient. This is hard for me," she says unable to look him in the eyes. Apologizing to him again! I can be such a shit sometimes, she rails at herself.

He says nothing, simply placing his hand on her arm until she looks at him. "I only want that which you are freely willing to give. That's all I'll ever want. Nothing more."

She can feel her eyes tearing up at his words as she tries to smile at him. Thank god the sunglasses will keep him from seeing her struggle to not cry. "I know. It's just hard sometimes."

He gives her arm a little squeeze as he smiles. "We'll work through it together."

***

When they enter the LAX flight control area, he takes control of the plane. As they approach John Wayne airport, he allows the plane to settle through the increasing clouds, the plane bucking and jarring harder as they near the ground.

"It's windy as shit. Gear down," he says as he continues to approach, struggling to keep the plane steady.

She's been on rougher flights, but not many, as the Beauty continues to settle toward the ground. "Gear down and... locked," she confirms after pulling the lever. "It must really be blowing out there."

"Yeah, but we're small," he says, never taking his eyes off the approaching runway, the control wheel dancing in front of her and the pedals moving under her feet as he keeps the plane on approach. "On a big commercial jet, you'd hardly notice this. You should ride with me when it's really rough." He brings the plane in slow and flares out over the runway, running the engines up while holding the plane above the runway until with a gentle bump the wheels touch the tarmac.

"Nice landing, Skipper," she says with a smile.

Now that the plane is safely on the ground and he doesn't have to focus, he turns to look at her and grins. "Not bad, if I do say so myself."

Mac follows the instructions from the tower to his designated parking area and begins to shut the plane down so it can be fueled.

She removes her headset but doesn't rise out of her seat, reluctant to break this last tenuous connection to the weekend. "Will you stay the night with me?" she finally asks as he finishes his work.

"Kate, I'd love to, but weather is moving in. I need to turn around as soon as possible, before it gets any worse, but I'll be right here in three weeks if you want me to be."

She nods slightly as she rises from her seat. Once again he seems immune to her advances, but this time she can understand his reluctance. She'd seen the same weather forecasts he had, and the weather is predicted to continue to deteriorate over the next couple of days. "I understand, but I don't have to like it," she says with a small smile. "My bed is going to feel awfully cold after this weekend."

He smiles in understanding. "I know what you mean. Let me walk you to your car while they fuel the plane, okay?"

"Okay, but you better make the goodbye kiss one to remember," she teases.

"I'll do my best," he replies with a grin.

While they wait on the fuel truck to arrive, he pulls her bag from the nose of the plane then signs for the fuel before picking up her bag. Together they walk to Kate's car.

"When do you need to leave?" she asks quietly as he places her bag in the car.

He shuts the hatch on her car, turning to look into her eyes. "As soon as the plane is fueled. The weather is closing in sooner than they predicted. If I don't leave in the next hour or so it's going to be a rough flight back."

She sighs then looks him face. "Okay. Mac?"

"What?"

"I had a lovely weekend. Thank you for inviting me," she says just as Mac's eyes defocus for split second before coming back. "What?"

"The plane is fueled. I'm glad you came. I hope you'll come back in three weeks, when you can spend more time. I was just getting used to having you around and you had to leave," he says with a smile.

"Does that mean you'll miss me?" she asks with a teasing smile, her hands busy on his shirt collar.

"You could say that," he answers with a smile, his arms going around her waist as he steps in closer.

"Mmmm," she purrs, "That's good to know. I guess you should be on your way, but you owe me something first, remember?"

"I remember," he says quietly as he lowers his lips to her, pressing her back into her car with his body as he pulls her into the kiss.

As he begins to push her back into her car, a flush of heat comes over her, her body responding to his kiss. Like their first kiss in his bedroom, she can feel the kiss take on a life of its own, their tongues dueling as she pulls at him, wanting even more from the kiss. As he leans in harder, she can't contain the soft moan that escapes her, her hips pushing back against his body, the pressure sending a continuous surge of pleasure racing through her until she slowly pushes him away.

"Fuck," she mutters softly, looking down as she tries to get control her desires. Much more of that and they'd be folding the rear seats down and fucking right there in the back of her car.

He slowly breaks off the kiss as she gently pushes him away, trying to reel in his suddenly rampaging desires. Now why did I think a kiss like that wasn't going affect me, he wonders, feeling like a dumb-ass. He takes a deep breath to get control of himself.

"So, is that one to remember?" he asks, tipping her face up, holding his lips close to hers.

She offers him a small smile in initial answer to his question. "I think that qualifies," she finally says when she feels she can trust her voice. "Are you sure you can't stay tonight?"

He takes a half-step back from her. "I want to Kate. God how I want to, especially now," he says with a grin of his own. "But I can't."

"I know," she says, lowering her head again, stepping to the car door as he takes another step back. "So how about a quickie at the nearest motel?" she asks just before sliding into her car.

He bursts into laughter. "You know as well as I do, all that means is we would spend the night in the motel."

She grins back at him. "I suppose you're right. Ping me when you get home?"

He swings the door shut, waiting until she rolls the window down. "I will," he says before leaning in through the window for another quick kiss and a gentle stroke of her face as he pulls back. "I'll see you in three weeks."

"Yes, you will," she says, starting her car, the clicks and hums of the car coming to life barely audible. "And McMillan..."

"Yes?"

She smiles wickedly. "Don't take matters into your own hands. I want you ready in three weeks," she says as she backs the car out of parking spot and drives away.

***

Kate lies on her bed wrapped in a large bath robe, missing Mac's touch. Her house, her life, seems unnaturally quiet without his presence. After that blistering kiss at her car, and his ping later, she's feeling adrift, unsure of what she wants, other than him. That much she's sure of. She wants him kissing her, holding her, and yes, banging the shit out of her. But there seems to be more than just lust, something more than just the physical. Is it love? No, not really, she decides. She'll miss what he can do to her, how he makes her feel, but that's all. So why this... longing?

She growls in frustration. She can't remember the last time she felt so out of sorts. As she lies on her bed brooding in frustration, she's struck by a thought. It has been months since she experienced The Proposal, and she thinks about Giselle and Rick, how hopelessly in love they are. She tries to remember that feeling, and though she can remember walking on the beach with Rick, feeling Giselle's love for him, the feeling is distant, remote, and not totally unlike the way she feels about Mac right now. The sudden connection causes her to experience a rush of fear. Is she falling for Mac? Frowning she logs into the Immersion Playground store and loads her copy of The Proposal. She needed to know what that kind of love feels like, the kind of love Charlie and Todd have, that Giselle and Rick have. She wants to experience that feeling, to prove to herself that yes, she likes Mac, but nothing more. Love? Surely not after only one week! It must be infatuation. That's all it can be.

She settles comfortably on her bed, and starts the immersion.

***

Kate finds herself walking along a deserted beach with Rick. She occasionally brushes her copper colored hair from her eyes as they stroll along, the warm, wet sand feeling delicious on her feet, an anticipation making the walk with him even more pleasurable. She finds herself stealing glances at him, admiring the strength of his body as a glow suffuses her.

Standing six foot, two inches, with dark hair, dark eyes, and a heavy build, Rick isn't ripped like a bodybuilder. His passion for tennis keeps him lean and fit, but his large arms, broad chest, and muscular legs give away his natural, easy power. They also make him look damn good in swim trunks and a loose, open shirt.

They turn away from the water's edge and head farther up onto the beach to where four torches are flickering in the wind. Below the torches is a light dinner of spiced meat, cubes of cheese, fresh fruit, and a bottle of wine. It is all beautifully presented on a large red blanket spread over the sand, the blanket held down with a large smooth stone on each corner. A wicker basket contains more of the same, along with plates, utensils, and most importantly, wine glasses for two.

"Oh, Rick, it is lovely!" she exclaims. He says nothing, settling onto the blanket and reaching for her. She curls into his waiting embrace, his chest warm to her back, his arms circling around her waist as he holds her gently to him.

She feels him move, then his lips on her neck, their touch sending a small jolt of pleasure ricocheting through her as he whispers into her ear. "I love you Giselle."

She positively purrs in pleasure, then, twisting her upper body around as much as possible, she whispers back. "I love you too." Then in a louder, more playful voice, "But before that, let's eat! I'm starved!" She pulls herself away from him and begins taking plates and glasses out of the basket, Rick laughing as he joins in to help.

The next hour is so romantic that heart melts. Oh yes, he is going to get something special tonight. They take turns feeding each other and nibbling on bites of cheese, meat, and fruit while sipping the very nice red wine. As much as she is enjoying the cheese and fruit, she is eating light to avoid feeling full; she has plans later and doesn't want to feel stuffed. They've had many lovely dinners, but never one in so romantic a location, with the ocean rolling in on the deserted beach and the lights of the California coast in the far distance.

After clearing away the dinner they lie back on the blanket. She lies on her back staring at the stars while he props on his elbow on her left, gently stroking her left breast with his free hand. The feel of his touch through her gauzy wrap and swimsuit is causing a deep and pleasant warmth to flow through her body. She closes her eyes, enjoying the spreading warmth.

"Giselle?" he asks quietly.

"Hmmm?" Charlie purrs.

"I want to ask you something."

Silly boy. At this moment she'd give him anything; he didn't have to ask. "Mmmm?" she purrs again. She feels his hand pull away, and then she opens her eyes as he takes her hands and gently pulls her into the sitting position. He reaches down and behind him, his hand coming back with a small black box. Seeing the box her heart almost stops and her breath hitches in her lungs.

He opens the box to display a diamond ring. The stone isn't large, but it is beautifully cut and set, sparkling in the dim torch light. "I know the stone isn't large, but it's perfect, flawless. Just as you are." He takes a deep breath. "Giselle Sheehy," he says, using her maiden name, "will you marry me?"

***

As the immersion releases its hold on her, Kate becomes aware of her bedroom. Groaning, she rolls to her stomach, pulling the extra pillow into her chest, holding it desperately tight as she squeezes her eyes shut, trying to gain control over her emotions. She needs Mac so desperately she wants to cry, the need something she's never experienced before when coming out of the immersion. Normally some quick work with fingers or vibrator, to burn off the sexual energy from the immersion, is all she needs, but not tonight. She lays still, tears leaking silently from her eyes, her emotions in turmoil, struggling with feelings she hasn't felt in years. Perhaps ever. How can this be happening? I am Katherine Nicole Thompson, Goddammit! I don't fall in love. I take what I want from men and throw away the husk. And yet, there's no denying that there's something there with Mac. Weak, tenuous, easily broken, but there nonetheless. And it scares the shit out of her.

With a sniffling laugh, she sits up in the bed and wipes her eyes on the heels of her hands. The first man she finds that can fuck her into submission and she goes all gooey for him. She laughs bitterly once more. She's one fucked up chick.

12