Flight to Sanity

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That Darla had put a piece of paper into his hand with directions and the address, certainly helped him on his way. The idea of calling her brothers to join him was his own contribution to the plan.

They didn't actually harm Richard in any lasting way. Granted, he was 'bitch slapped' around a little as they explained their views on his underhanded seduction of their wife/sister. When Richard threatened to call the cops, Darla's brothers found it amusing as hell, when they brought out their Sheriff's Department badges, and told him the police were already there. Getting their badges out, they had also exposed their holsters, filled, as is the case with most off-duty police, with their duty firearms.

Richard had time to think, after they had left. He was applying ice to his swollen face, and wiping the small amount of blood still seeping from the side of his mouth, where his teeth had opened a small wound.

He had always believed that his talents were greater than merely writing for monthly publications, and the like. Writing screenplays had always appealed to him. With Darla's husband and brothers suggestion that living in some other town, preferably a rather distant town, might be good for his health, he thought that Southern California sounded just perfect.

He listed his condo for sale the next day.

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
42 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

This is a decent tale that is well written and how it unfolded. A scenario that is believable with the reactions to their lifes situation is pretty accurate..4 stars..JZK

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The bitch Richard should have had his balls damaged. Now he just moves to another place to seduce a new bunch of bitches. Cunt Rachel got lucky

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

...It wasn't a decision she was making lightly. She knew that if they ended up at his house, they would probably have sex. She would become one of those women, desperate, in a complacent marriage, reduced to having an affair.

It was something that she never thought would be possible, she loved Frank too much. But she was weary; she needed the affection and emotional support that Frank hadn't been giving her for at least a year, if not longer. She realized she had been increasingly been relying on Richard for that support instead...

Uggh. Have to agree with previous poster. Yes Frank had been a workaholic and not prioritized his family and marriage, but she is upset because it has been more than a year? So that means she was "out of touch" with her husband for more than six months due to his working for the family (and not something jsut for his benefit btw, nor is it by any means fun), and then she starts an emotional affair that has already gone on for six months, and had become physical in the last few weeks, only to jump to her going over a THIRD time to his apartment, this time for premeditated adultery. Wtf? She is not trustworthy. What did she do to communicate her dissatisfaction? Did they argue? Did she make demands? Even threats? Request for counseling? Besides in the course of six or more months, if you know your spouse is working for the FAMILY, she should be able to handle that before escalating, and without getting sucked into an emotional affair. The fact that she just buries it after the plane crash, and never confesses or even seeks out a therapist is disconcerting. She even recognized her flawed reasoning and that she was being narcissistic. But does she do anything to address that serious character flaw to prevent future woes? No. She just moves on with her marriage and lives HEA. To be fair the premeditated cheating but stopped due to unknown intervention, strange circumstances, or chickening out is realistic. But what is not realistic is the HEA ending. Oh sure she would get away with it, but her own guilt should be hammering her for some time. She had an emotional affair for six months. And pla Ned to bang the predator that very morning because she got extra ticked off that Frank didn't say goodbye or kiss her as he departed in a rush. Seeing Ellen later that afternoon wouldn't be enough. Nope she had to shaggy Richard, who being skilled and uninhibited with sex would have sucked her into a doom spiral of a multimonth affair and her falling in love with him. She did not have the moral character to last six plus months of Frank busting his ass, before getting ensnared in an emotional affair, and another six months later, during which btw was significantly further poisoned by her ongoing emotional affair (let's call a spade, a spade), she was about to become a cheating slut (well she was already a cheater, so an adulterous slut). Therefore there is no way she had the moral character to break it up with Richsrd after having sex with him once or twice out of guilt. Nope she would keep going back until she became another Darla. Difference is I doubt Frank would take her back after say a 6-12 month twice a week affair with his wife. Nope it took the plane crash tragedy to shake her out of her stupor. Imagine if the plane incident was less severe? Little scary but not that directly catastrophic. What then? She would be banging Richard. Frank would probably self analyze his faults before ahe would, and ahe would be so enamored with Richard that he woukd try to reach back to her and she woukd drift away. She already had emotionally with her six month long emotional affair. I get that if he is a workaholic then he is setting his marriage up for failure. But seriously. Fight for your marriage. Argue, entice, beg, confront, even threaten (eventually) to get the workaholics head out of their ass. But if you cheat without doing all these things then you are responsible for all the sh$t that follows, even if it only means poisoning your marriage form the inside in secret and being affected by guilt and shame that you take to your grave because your spouse never found out. That is on you as being the coward. Your job in such a situation, regardless of gender is to first support your working spouse, but if it gets to be too much and is becoming toxic, then you need to get them yo realize what they are giving up or the damage in their wake. But making it morally equivalent to cheating is not appropriate. Rachel is untrustworthy and disappointed that (unlike real life, where Chester's often get away with it) there is no light shed on her actions and her repugnant behavior. Not saying she cannot be forgiven, but she gets a free pass via the plane crash aftermath. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

[Reflecting, that if Frank was too focused on his job and work, it was only intended to benefit his family, to make their, her, life easier. Her flirtation with infidelity was narcissistic; it was all about her, her desire for more affection and intimacy. But rather than to confront Frank about the problem, even if it meant demanding his attention, she had almost fallen into the arms of another man.]

=====> Look their marriage had serious problems. He was by his own admission neglecting his family and not honoring his vows to love, cherish and honor. I can resonate with that because I did it for a number of years to my family.

But. And this a big BUT. She absolutely cheated. And that is not even including her premeditated decision to have sex with Richard that very morning of the crash because she was fed up and her husband was in too much of a hurry to listen to her.

Worse she showed little to no effort to make clear how unhappy she was or to get him to talk with her and hash things out. That is what my wife did. No she had nothing to do with another guy. But she called me out on the carpet and made her concerns and her fears known, and finally told me I had to choose: my 70 hour work weeks at my company or her and my two kids. That made me sit up and listen. Sure we argued some but it became clear to me that I was not fulfilling my obligations. And yes our sexual intimacy had waned between us. How could it not with all my working, my stress, her feeling neglected, her chasing the kids by herself, etc? Anyways that was my come to Jesus moment. And you know what we worked it out. While I was culpable in bringing our marriage to the edge, my wife had the courage to fight for our marriage. Rachel did not.

Rachel had already cheated when she went to Richard's apartment and had a passionate kiss, let alone the next time with going to second base, and then finally her descent into wilful adultery (planned but not executed because of the plane crash). I am happy that a near tragedy and brush with death made then realize what they were losing or could have lost.

But Rachel did not fight for her marriage, did not confront her husband about his work, had already cheated and would have been embroiled in a multimonth affair, and never told her husband about Richard. In fact if she had gone through with the affair and had it run its course she would have developed emotional feelings for Richard and he would dump her after 3-6 months, after he had his way with her body, and even if she kept it secret from her workaholic husband, their marriage would never be the same and would be on life support. And knowing how she thought about Richard, she would have probably cheated again after a short hiatus.

In such situations, the workaholic spouse is so locked in to what they are doing that the only hope is for the non-workaholic spouse to confront and get their partner to get their head of of their arse. Seriously Rachel got away with everything, never came clean, and if not for the deus ex machina tragedy of the plane crash, she was going to kill her marriage either outright (discovery) or poison it over time (more likely scenario).

Would have liked to see that she sought out therapy on her own to deal with her emotional and her weaknesses. Reconciliation suffered because it was under somewhat false pretenses as if the crash snapped both of them out of their rut and restored her sanity.

It is perfectly acceptable to be upset with a workaholic spouse. And the whole ball game changes if she had spent a long time and a lot of effort to get him to snap out of it. She didn't. Ergo while he planted the seeds with his screwed up career priorities, her hubris and sin was much greater. If she had confronted him and he refused, that changes everything. Cheating still sucks then but at some point the if the workaholic doesn't reform, their marriage is dying anyways.

LwcbyLwcbyover 2 years ago

Wolfgang1955, why don’t you try having her calling your work until you lose your job, then take all of your cash out of your box you use to pay clients who only deal with cash, then have her take the rest of your money out of your account. After you lose your job, second job because of no cash, then your house, then your truck, and end up living in a fucking van doing manual labor, you can talk about us that hate the bitches!!!!!!!!!!!

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Let Go CEO wife fires husband. What follows is the aftermath.in Loving Wives
You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
Trying to Reclaim My Marriage Pushed too far and taken advantage of no more.in Loving Wives
Requital He caught her cheating; she thinks he's overreacting.in Loving Wives
But Honey, It Was Just A Dance The way she was acting led Harry to believe she was cheating.in Loving Wives
More Stories