Florence

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Andrew's here," Florence said. "I thought I'd lost him... I'm so happy!"

"You look it," Joe said, as he embraced her. "Happy birthday - and congratulations!"

Florence took their coats and went with them into the living-room, where she introduced them to Andrew.

"So you're the one who reunited our family," Joe said. "Thank you very much for that - and for reintroducing me to Martha." He looked at his girlfriend and smiled. "You've no idea what a lot of joy you've kindled!"

Andrew grinned. "I do have a little idea, I think," he said and grinned at Florence. She blushed happily, and Martha smiled at her.

The other guests all arrived within a very short space of time. Florence introduced them to Andrew, and to Joe, her uncle - Joan was the only one to understand his great importance for Florence - who beamed at everyone all the afternoon. Sandy and Bob made a surprise appearance, to the delight of all those guests who'd never seen Florence and Sandy together before.

Florence poured the drinks, and when they all had been handed a glass she said, "Here's to family and love!"

It was a good party. The last guests left at around 6.30; Florence and Andrew cleared away the glasses and crockery and made the living-room presentable again in about fifteen minutes.

"Can I take you out for a meal?" Andrew said.

"Yes, please. At the George?"

"Fine with me! Or somewhere more fancy?"

"No. I just love to have dinner with you where it all started - okay?"

"Sure. Let's go!"

They didn't need any coats, as early May was very mild that year. They crossed the green with Andrew's arm around Florence's shoulder, and her hand in his back pocket. It was a lovely evening, and Andrew commented on the beauty of the village.

"That's what I always feel, too," Florence said.

There were a lot of customers in the pub, but they found a free table, and Andrew went to the bar to order their meals and drinks.

"So," Jem said. "Back again?"

Andrew nodded. "To stay," he said.

"Really? Good! Congratulations! By the way, I've found your letter. It must have fallen through a crack in the desk - it was deep down in the wrong place."

Andrew took it from him and put it in his pocket, and carried the drinks to their table.

Florence grinned. "You got your letter back?" she said.

Andrew nodded. "You can have it if you want."

"Yes, please!" Florence said.

She opened it, and read it. It made her smile. It was a long declaration of love that contained his address, telephone number and an invitation to come and visit him in Glasgow. "Useless now," she said, "but sweet enough to keep. Thank you!" She smiled at him and put the letter into her clutch.

They lingered over their meal while making plans for the coming weeks; but when at last they'd finished, Florence looked at Andrew with a wide smile.

"Do you want to do what I want to do?" she asked.

"I do," Andrew said, and they hurried home.

1...345678