Flowers for Jan

Story Info
A sweet adulterous affair.
1.4k words
3.84
81.6k
10

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/30/2022
Created 11/14/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Oswynne
Oswynne
10 Followers

In the three years since they were married, life for Bill and Jan Stevens had settled down into the predictable routine of every-day life. Childless by choice, they were the "perfect" couple. Both attractive and successful, Bill worked hard at his Passaic auto dealership, while Jan had a busy career in real estate.

After getting her realtor's license, Jan's first job at an agency got off to a slow start. New to the game, she gratefully accepted advice and mentoring from one of the top agents in her office, Ken Hill. In return for doing "girl Friday" chores and errands, Ken would help Jan with composing her listings, making contacts, and generally learning the ropes of the business.

Realtors schedule a lot of evening appointments for showings to accommodate working clients' schedules, so Bill gradually got used to Jan working late. She was making money and seemed happy. She would regale Bill with stories about how Ken had helped her with this or that, and Bill seemed genuinely pleased that she had an old hand in the business to help her along. Bill knew Ken was married to a local antique shop owner with several children, so he wasn't at all concerned. After all, Jan and Bill had a great sex life, and spent their free time sailing their small sailboat, a gift from Jan's uncle.

Unknown to Bill, in her enthusiasm for her career Jan had taken quite a liking to Ken, who often took her to lunch and even paid for her to join him at an agent's seminar in New York. When they weren't with their clients, Ken and Jan made small talk in the office and even shared little jokes about their spouses over lunch. As time passed, the work day began ending with a "friendly" hug as she left the office. Ken would call her at home in the evenings to discuss business and make chit-chat while Bill worked in the garage.

One day at the office, Ken mentioned to Jan that he was scheduled for a dance lesson the next night, and that his wife was going to be on a buying trip to Baltimore. Would Jan be able to stand in for her just this once?

In her naive exuberance, Jan never hesitated. "I'd love to!" she gushed. After all, a harmless little dance with a co-worker was nothing to raise any eyebrows, was it? She'd just tell Bill a little white lie, that she had a late client meeting. She was sure he'd understand.

Next night, she stopped home after work and changed into a slinky dancing outfit. She knew Ken was a Tango expert, and she looked forward to a spin on the dance floor. As she was leaving, Bill arrived home from work and was surprised to see his wife headed out the door so late "dressed to the nines".

"Where are you off to, honey?", he asked, just a little surprised. "Don't you remember? I have to meet a client at eight and this was all I had clean to wear."

"OK, sweetheart," he said with a peck on her cheek, "see you after the meeting."

Ken already had a table, with a bottle of red wine and a box of chocolates sitting there, when Jan arrived.

"I thought these were dance lessons?", Jan asked, a bit confused. She appreciated the attention, but wasn't ready for such a glamorous setting.

"The instructor mingles with the couples, giving pointers as they dance." Ken explained, and Jan accepted that. Soon the music started, and the first dance was a cha-cha. Ken danced the lovely young woman effortlessly, and Jan was enjoying herself. She was totally swept away by the music and the firm feel of Ken's arms as they danced. They waltzed, they tangoed, they jitterbugged the night away. One bottle of wine led to another, and with each dance Ken's right hand seemed to be placed a little lower on her back. She did not feel embarrassed or complain when his warm, firm hand occasionally slid below her waist .

Eventually the music stopped, and the crowd began to leave. "Oh my God!" Jan gasped, "It's almost midnight!" as she gathered her purse and coat. "It's alright, if Bill gets upset have him call the office tomorrow to confirm the 'meeting' and it will be fine." Ken assured her with a wink. For a moment Jan felt a little guilty. But only for a moment. It was just dancing, wasn't it?

On the way to the parking lot, Ken turned to Jan and smiled, "Thank you for a lovely evening." With a gentle hand placed behind her head, he kissed her firmly on the lips. Automatically, her arms wrapped around him, and her tongue met his. The kiss seemed to last forever. "Good night, little dancer," he cooed as they parted, "see you at the office."

Jan's heart raced as she drove home. She knew it was wrong...but she liked it. One little kiss is OK, she told herself. It was all just so dreamily romantic. She wished Bill could dance like Ken.

Bill was sound asleep when she got home and slid into bed after midnight, but at breakfast the next morning Bill asked her how the meeting went. "It ran a little late but Ken, I mean the client, kept me longer than I thought."

"Ken? Ken was there too?" Bill asked. "Uh, yes, to help with some of the details of the deal." Jan's voice tapered off.

"I see. Well, I hope you sealed the deal." Bill shrugged. "I think we did." Jan said, as she smiled to herself. Dancing with Ken had been like a trip to Wonderland, a fairy-tale style romantic episode that left her heart fluttering.

Jan couldn't stop thinking of Ken now. They became inseparable at work, causing a good deal of water cooler gossip. Soon the late-evening "property showings" became stops for drinks after work.

Bill was clueless, as most trusting husbands are. His wife was being seduced, and he had no idea. Why should he suspect anything? He knew that realtors worked long hours. Jan was the love of his life, and he was proud of her career.

When Ken finally asked Jan to his house for lunch one afternoon, Jan knew it wasn't to eat or see the antique collection, but she went anyway. As they stood near the large sofa in Ken's living room there was no sound, only the silence of anticipation. When Ken reached to embrace her, she offered no resistance. She willingly gave herself to him in a swirl of romantic fantasy.

It felt like a dream. Not once as she caressed and held him, never for a moment as he pounded her senseless on the sofa, did she notice the rings on their fingers. She didn't care. This was her private work life, after all. Bill didn't have to know. She told herself she could manage it secretly. The sense of danger just added to the thrill of it. She was a woman at the mercy of her lust.

The weeks went by, and the late appointments became more frequent. Jan's affection for Bill had cooled noticeably lately, so Bill thought he'd try a little good old fashioned romance to rekindle the fire. One morning he left the auto dealership and stopped by a florist to pick up a bouquet of yellow roses, Jan's favorites. Then he headed downtown to to her agency to surprise her with flowers and and invitation to lunch.

The receptionist at the real estate agency seemed surprised as Bill entered and made a "shhhhsh!" motion. The embarrassed young lady pointed to the carpeted steps that led downstairs to where Jan and Ken shared desk space. Bill quietly tip-toed his way down so as not to spoil the nice surprise he had for his beloved wife.

Halfway down the stairs, Bill saw them. In a corner by the copy machine, Ken and Jan were locked in a passionate kiss. Oblivious to the heart breaking just a few steps away, they groped and kissed like animals.

Bill said nothing. He quietly turned and went back upstairs, removing the thick gold wedding band on his finger. As he passed through the foyer, he left the flowers and the ring on the stunned receptionist's desk.

He got in his car, torn between rage and dismay, and looked for the address of Mrs. Hill's antique shop. He went to the store, and the unsuspecting Mrs. Hill greeted him with a cheery "May I help you?"

"Are you Ken Hill's wife?", Bill asked quietly. "Yes, I am. My name is Helen," she replied. "is something wrong?" By Bill's look, she wondered if there'd been an accident or if her Ken was alright.

"Mrs. Hill...Helen," Bill paused, "we need to talk."

Oswynne
Oswynne
10 Followers