Fool Me Twice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
StangStar06
StangStar06
5,792 Followers

"No one, not even you should have to go through something like this alone," I mumbled. "Visiting hours ended a long time ago. The nurses agreed to let me stay until you woke up so there'd be someone here for you. I'll..." I hesitated because it was a big step.

"Yes," she asked.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said.

"You're coming back to visit me again?" she asked incredulously.

"No Lena," I said. "I'm coming to take you home. Your ankle surgery was minor. Normally they only keep you in the hospital for a few hours after the surgery. But since your surgery was so late and no one knew how long it would take for you to wake up. They've scheduled your release for tomorrow morning. The good thing is that we won't have to pay for a follow up visit, because your doctor can see you in the morning just before we go home."

Her face frowned up then. "What's wrong Lena?" I asked.

She shook her head and tried to smile bravely. "Have you ever done something so bad that every time someone says something to you, no matter how little the relevance that it just reminds you of how stupid you were?"

I had no idea of what she was talking about so I just shook my head and told her good night.

The next morning was a circus. First, we had to wait around for Lena's doctor to complete his rounds before he could come to do his post-surgery checkup, so she could be released. One of the nurses paged him and we found out that it would be almost an hour before he'd be there. I wanted to go ahead and do my grocery shopping, but Lena begged me to stay with her. I didn't understand why.

She said something stupid about wanting to spend as much time with me as possible. Finally, the doctor breezed in wondering why there was nothing but pissed off faces in the room.

The nurses had patients they needed the room for. The maintenance people needed to clean the room before it could be assigned to anyone else. And I wanted to get Lena out of there because I had to drop her off before I could even start the shopping.

I guess the doctor thought that the sun shone out of his ass and that everyone was fortunate to await his beck and call. Anyway, finally they loaded Lena into one of those wheelchairs with one leg raised. One of the things I was told was that we needed to keep her leg elevated as much as possible. I knew that wouldn't be happening on the road because the interior of my Mustang was not what one could consider roomy.

I went and got my car and drove up to the door and we loaded Lena into my front passenger seat. I smiled at all of the nurses and thanked them. I fussed over Lena and she smiled and cried at the same time. "What's wrong now?" I asked.

"We aren't going to be on the road for hours," she said. "I can be uncomfortable for a few minutes, you know. But you making all of that fuss and adjusting seat belts...It's been a long time since anyone even pretended to care about me." I didn't have the heart to tell her that I really didn't give half a damn about her.

As the car started up, she noticed the vibration from the powerful 5 liter V8. I guess she hadn't noticed it the day before because she'd been in so much pain. Once we got on the freeway and I let the pony stretch her legs out, I noticed the expression on Lena's face.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"This isn't the way to the shelter," she said.

"What shelter?" I asked.

"I live downtown in the homeless women's shelter," she said. "At least I do for now. They limit the amount of time you can stay there, so I'm going to have to find another place very soon. Where are we going?"

"Lena, I'm supposed to be taking care of you and your baby," I said. "I'm taking you home with me." She turned and looked at me as if I was crazy.

"You don't have to do that, Dan," she said. "It's too much, really."

"So you don't want me to take care of you?" I asked slowing the car down.

"Yes, very much," she said quickly. "But I'd never have asked it of you in a million years."

"You do realize that this would have worked out better if you'd let me go and do the grocery shopping while we waited for that asinine doctor. Now I have to drop you off at the house and then go out and do the shopping and come back," I said.

"Danny, I didn't know that I'd be staying with you," she chirped. "I wanted every second possible with you."

I sped up again and barely exceeded the speed limit for the rest of our trip.

As we left the freeway and entered my neighborhood, Lena's head swiveled like it was mounted on a pivot. "Where are we?" she asked.

We pulled into my driveway and she looked at me as if I was crazy. "Why are we stopping here?" she asked. I pulled my remote down from the sun visor and my garage opened. I pulled in and walked around to help her out of the car. I put one hand under her legs and scooped her carefully out of the seat. I carried her through the yard and sat her down in a chair on my deck while I wrestled with the lock on my sliding glass patio door.

"Welcome to your home for the next few months," I said. Her eyes were huge.

"When did you get all of this?" she asked.

"When you left me, I was very close to getting a promotion at work," I said. "Once I got into the new position, with nothing at home to occupy my time, I've been concentrating on work more. I'm also free to travel for the company. That comes with certain benefits."

"Danny, you could have traveled before," she said quietly.

"No, Lena," I said. "I couldn't have. Being with you was far more important than any job ever could have been. If they'd offered to make me president of the company, in exchange for being on the road most of the time, I'd have chosen to be the janitor and stay with you."

She didn't say anything, she just looked around. I guess she thought I couldn't see the tears. "What's that?" she asked, pointing at a big rubber oval on the edge of the deck.

"Oh that's the pool," I said. "I put the cover over it this morning because I didn't want your baby to fall in. I have to get some of those child proof pool guards installed."

"Danny, do you know how silly that is," laughed Lena. Her laughter was magical. "It'll be about a month before she's born. And almost a year after that before we'll let her crawl around. She's in no danger, but maybe her mommy might enjoy a pool. If my leg wasn't in this cast I'd be begging you to let me in it right now."

"It's just so strange Danny. I never imagined that you'd have done something like this," she said. "I never even thought I'd ever have a chance to talk to you again as much as I prayed for it." I'd never been big on prayer so I let that one slide.

I opened the door and carried her inside. As you'd expect from a woman, she looked at everything she saw. She looked the place up and down. "Do you want me to put you in your room or the living room?" I asked.

"I have a room?" she said in a quiet voice.

"Well, until now it's been one of the guest rooms," I said. "The house has four bedrooms. I made one into a home office. My computer and all of that stuff, is in there."

"I'll take the living room," she said. "Just the thought of watching whatever I want on TV without twenty other single or expecting moms seems like a luxury to me." Then she got quiet.

I put her down on the sofa. I brought her a Pepsi and some chips to snack on while I was gone. "Lena, what kind of fruits would you like?" I asked from the kitchen.

"Dan, you know more about what I like and don't like than any person on the planet," she said smiling. "Just bring me what you want me to have." I looked back and she was snuggling herself into the couch. I went to the linen closet and opened the door. I covered her with a blanket and left the house to go shopping.

The next few days were amazing to me. Lena was coming out of her shell and her glow was returning. I don't know if it was the result of being waited on hand and foot or simply that she was misunderstanding what I'd done or why. But she was beginning to look and act, like my Lena again; a very pregnant Lena, of course, but Lena all the same.

Two people rarely enter into living together very smoothly and without friction. There are always going to be a few ups and downs. We had ours but the biggest one happened on the Sunday of that first week.

It is my habit to go out on Sunday morning and do my longest run of the week. I went out Sunday to run ten miles. I figured when I got back, I'd make a big Sunday breakfast for Lena and I, but it didn't happen.

I got back to my house on Sunday, as tired as I expected to be but what I didn't expect was to have the sound to two women screaming at each other.

My entrance into the house didn't make things any better. I stuck my head into the living room and two sets of eyes glared at me before I could extract myself.

"Danny, what the fuck is she doing here?" they both said exactly the same thing at exactly the same time. If they both weren't so pissed at me it might have been funny.

Kim stomped over to me. "I came over here for a Sunday morning swim and to make breakfast for you. I know how tired you get after those longer runs of yours," she said. "And what do I find? The pool is closed up and summer isn't even over and then I find Skanky McGillicutty on your couch. Do you want to explain this?" she asked, pointing at her sister.

"Well, I was awake and you usually make breakfast for me, since I can't get around very easily. I was expecting for us to have a nice talk like we've been doing all this week. Then I heard the door opening. I thought that since the person used a key, that it had to be you. Imagine my surprise to find out that my sister has a key to your house," said Lena.

"Your mom and dad have one too," I said. "They like to use the pool or the spa sometimes too. They're all the family I have left and they like to check on me sometimes ever since...well, you know."

"So you're telling me that she's free to just drop in whenever she gets a mind to?" asked Lena. "So I won't have any privacy even in my..."she stopped suddenly.

"I'm sorry Dan," she said. "I'm sorry Kim. Sometimes I forget about that part of my life being over. I'm not being a very good guest, but Kim was the one who started yelling first."

"I'm sorry I yelled at you Lena," said Kim. "I'm really pissed at Danny. You don't know what I had to go through to make him human again after the shitty way you dumped him and walked out on him without warning or reason. It just makes me feel like I wasted all of that time."

"Oh, I understand totally," said Lena sarcastically. "Danny extending a helping hand to some scummy whore just pisses you off. Even if she is your sister, who loved you all the way up until you and our parents turned your backs on me when I needed you most. You worked really hard to help Danny forget me and I have the gall to come back and drag him back down into the mud and shit with me. It's perfectly understandable."

"Oh bitch, if you really want to go there, then let's," sneered Kim. "Yeah, I'm pissed at Danny, because you just ran out on him without warning or without any sane reason and then just flounce your worthless ass back into his life, just as he's ready to move on from you. The woman he was supposed to go out with earlier this week was prettier than you and built better and a fuck of a lot smarter. I saw a possible future there for him and happiness down the road. I saw this house being full of love and laughter and kids who'd be my nieces and nephews maybe. Now with you back, all I see is pain for him, because I still don't see any reason why you wouldn't do what you did to him again."

"So tell me you worthless cunt," hissed Kim. "Did you ever once think about Danny before you walked out on him? Did you ever think about how those narrow minded people at the church would treat mom or dad or even how people would look at me afterward or was the throbbing in your pussy at the thought of it being filled with strange dick so intense that you just said fuck it?"

"I..." began Lena. "I..." and then she burst out in tears.

"I'm sorry Danny," said Kim. "I'm out of here. I'm sure you've spoken to her and the two of you have worked something out but I'm not staying around here to watch you hurt yourself again. It was painful enough the first time, when you didn't have a choice, but it's just torture to watch you when all you have to do is throw her out; the same way she threw your feelings for her away."

"Lena, you're my sister," said Kim sadly. "And you're right, growing up I loved you and looked up to you. But you don't get to hurt him twice. Whatever you've worked out, whatever little con game you're running on him is fine. But mark my words, when you're done with him and you decided to move onto your next pimp or whatever you call them, I want him unharmed. If you hurt him again I'll track you down and you'll regret it."

Kim turned to leave and Lena called out to her.

"Kimmie," yelled Lena. "I never asked Daniel to let me stay here and I have no intention of hurting him. We aren't trying to work anything out and as much as I've tried to talk about what happened to us and what happened to me, Dan won't talk to me about it. As soon as the baby is born and my leg is healed, I already know that I'm out of here."

"Luckily for me, Dan is far kinder to me than my own family. He doesn't want to see the baby born in a homeless shelter for unwed mothers, despite the way my family looks at it. And you're also wrong about the rest. I, more than anyone else in the world, know how stupid what I did was. I lost the best and most important part of my life for nothing. I have to live with that for the rest of my life. I don't need you to tell me how special what I gave up was." Lena's tears and her honesty melted off a little bit of Kim's anger.

"Kimmie, I don't want to even try to ruin anything that makes Daniel happy. Please don't leave or stop visiting him because I'm here. From now on if you'll call first I'll stay in my room and you'll never even know that I'm here. The same goes for mom and dad. You can all just pretend that the whore is gone and her baby too."

Kim just turned and left.

Lena just looked at me and shrugged her shoulders. "Sorry," she said. "I really didn't know that my sister had a key to your house."

Communication is an important part of a relationship and Lena and I didn't have it. We talked a lot. I had a cleaning lady who came in several times a week to make sure my house didn't end up looking like a bachelor pad. Most of the time, she came and went while I was at work. I paid her extra to come in a few more days and help Lena so I could work.

The funny thing was that though Mrs. Hayes, the cleaning lady, and I rarely spoke, we had a much deeper understanding of each other than Lena and I had. Lena and I spoke to each other constantly. Almost every second from the moment I came through the door until we went to sleep in our respective rooms was spent with us chattering about this or that. We'd talked about how I decided to buy the house and things I wanted to do with it. We talked about my new job title and my new responsibilities and where I saw myself going in the future.

Sometimes we talked about things we'd each like to do. It was very rare that we ever mentioned the past and even then we tread very lightly. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it really was. Everything we talked about was just chit chat. We didn't really talk about anything that mattered or our feelings. That lack of communication meant that the two of us had completely different expectations and ideas about what was going on between us.

Lena really believed that we were becoming closer again and that our relationship was healing itself. She was hoping that we were headed towards a reconciliation of some sorts and since our divorce wouldn't be final until after the baby was born, maybe we could cancel it.

On the other hand, although I didn't hate Lena nearly as much as I once did, I had no intention of ever starting anything with her. All I knew was that from the first time I'd touched her pregnant belly, I'd become obsessed with it. I was beginning to think that perhaps I had some kind of pregnant woman fetish. But the thing about it was that I felt no connection whatsoever to Lena. What I seemed to be drawn to was the child in her womb.

Maybe our connection was spurious or tenuous at best but I felt so bad for that child. She reminded me of myself. Her father wasn't in the picture and she'd be denied the chance for the life she should have had because of someone else's selfishness. Her father had apparently disappeared. I didn't care how or why. Lena and I had never really sat down and talked about it. She'd tried to broach the subject on several occasions and I'd stopped her. In my case, the life I was supposed to have had been denied to me by Lena's selfishness and need to indulge her base instincts. So to me the child and I were the same. We'd both been let down and cast adrift by the people who were supposed to love us.

There was a time when just having Lena smile at me made my day. But now whenever she looked at me and smiled, it made my skin crawl. Sometimes at night when I'd carry her out onto the deck and softly place her down on one of the lounge chairs and rub lotion into her belly to help with the stretch marks, it was obvious to me that she really thought something was going on with us.

"Ooh Danny, you don't know how good that feels," she'd say. "I wish that these nights could last forever."

I never said anything because I didn't want to upset her, but my thoughts were more along the lines of whether or not I could sneak Kim in for a quickie.

Kim and I still got together. It actually seemed like we were getting together more regularly since Lena was in my house. I guess it was her way of checking up on me and making sure I was still okay. One of things that I simply couldn't understand was the thing between Kim and me.

Kim was strange. When we fucked, she was totally into it. She just lost control. She said whatever was on her mind and held back nothing. She'd tell me that she loved me and I knew she meant it. But at the same time, I also knew that I wasn't the only guy fucking her. She dated just like I used to before Lena came back into my life. Kim also expected me to still date and was often giving other women my phone number and telling them to call me.

One of the things she'd done recently had scared the living shit out of me. We were going at it hot and heavy and I was no stranger to the things that Kim says, but this was different.

"Fuck me, harder Danny," she screamed. "Fuck me the way you fuck Lena. I want to feel all of that love." That was it. My erection wilted and I just stopped.

Kim sat up and looked at me. "Sorry Baby," she said. "I don't know what came over me." I just stared at her.

"Kim, I already love you," I said. "You're the one who's stopping us from being more than just FWB."

"We're a lot more than that," she said. "We're more like RWB; Relatives with Benefits. But Danny you just don't see things straight right now. Maybe you need counseling or something to get you past the shit in your head. I'm not the one stopping us from moving on. I never have been. But I'm just not crazy enough to get into a relationship with a guy who loves someone else."

"Kim, I don't love anyone except for you. Maybe I'm a little bit scared of what happened to me with your sister happening again. Maybe that's why I'm a little bit afraid to move on, but trust me it isn't what you think," I said.

"You just don't see it yet," she said. "Right now you think that you hate her. And the thought of having sex with her is so loathsome to you that it just totally grossed you out. But the only reason for that emotion to run that hot is that you really still feel something for her. Sure you're still pissed at what she did to you, but I think that your feelings for my sister are still as deep as they ever were."

StangStar06
StangStar06
5,792 Followers
123456...8