Footsteps

Story Info
Where words fail, moans rarely do.
2.5k words
4.55
14.7k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He could only imagine what she must be thinking at this hour, as he finally comes home from another long day away from her.

Late.

Late again.

Late as always.

Late.

As the door creaked open, as one foot followed the other past the door, those words echoed in his mind. She never said them out loud, not once, but he knew they were there, in her mind, in her heart.

Just not on her tongue.

There was no evil behind any of this, no betrayal; just the simple fact that having a nice home, and a wife who stayed in it to care for the kids, meant he couldn't take much time to enjoy all of it.

Whatever happiness he could have with them, he gave upforthem.

His greatest fear was always that by the time he could finally rest and enjoy it all, it might not all be there anymore.

He crept up the stairs, skipping over those spots he had long ago learned creak and groan under his weight; a strange ballet in the darkness.

He passed the twins' room first, seeing that his little girl had gotten scared and crept into her brother's bed again.

Or was it the other way around?


He closed the door behind him, and turned towards his room.

Towards their bed.

He crept slower than ever, hoping that for once he might be able to creep in without disturbing her sleep.

Just once, he'd like to lie down beside her and close his eyes and not feel her turning around and looking into his eyes again.

Just once, he didn't want to feel guilty.

She didn't even do it on purpose; she simply had to look at him with those eyes, those eyes that always caught him off-guard no matter how prepared he thought he was.

Locking the door behind him, he slipped off his shoes, his aching feet instantly thanking him, and slipped in beside her.

There was no energy left to unbuckle his belt, to unzip his pants and slide them off his legs.

Not now.

Not at this hour.

He just laid down and closed his eyes...

****************

Nothing woke him up.

The kids weren't yelling, no one was mowing the lawn at an ungodly hour, and they were both still in bed.

Nevertheless, he was awake, and in more ways than one, he realized as he looked down at himself.

He looked beside him at the rise and fall of her shape next to his, at the white sheet covering her all the way to her collarbone.

Her naked collarbone.

Shit.

Yesterday was Thursday.

She'd fallen asleep waiting for him; seeing as how he missed dinner, she must've thought they'd at least have time to make love before going to sleep, so she waited for him.

And that's all she did. She waited.

That's all she's been doing for too long, he thought, immediately feeling guilty.

She's been waiting for me.

He traced her shape with his right hand, from her thighs, slowly up over her hips, down the slope of her waist, and over her chest. Her breathing deepened, a long inhale as she finally stirred. She blinked, once, twice, then finally opened her eyes enough to look around her.

There was enough light to give everything an odd glow, that haze that exists between night and morning. She didn't even need to turn around to know he was there, but she realized she'd awoken because of him now. His hand kept tracing her lines, the dips and climbs in her figure that remained the same ever since they met in high school.

Every so often, ever since the first time, he would take his hand and trace her in the morning light, as if to make sure she was still there for him to feel.

To memorize.

And like always, she stopped this ritual by placing hers over his, and moving it in front of her. clasped and together. He leaned over her and kissed her neck, then tracing the entire right side of her jaw with his lips before moving back down again. He kissed his way down her neck, then followed her throat up to her chin, and focused on her lips.

He knew if he looked at her eyes, he'd want to say all the things he always said, so he decided to show her, instead. He brushed his lips on hers, then pecked them, each touch staying longer, feeling rougher, until they were kissing like never before.

They started biting and pulling at each others' lips, the salty taste showing how rough they were being. He pulled away and saw how puffy and red hers were, then dove in for more, strying to her neck and drawing moans from her with each time.

Kiss.

Bite.

Lick.

Their lips did all their work on skin instead of ears, and as always their kisses wouldn't be enough for long; she tugged at his belt and loops as he struggled to get his tie off, then pulled at his collar.

Desperation gave way to frustration as the seconds passed, seconds they could be using on each other.

He regretted going to bed without undressing right about now.

Between the two of them, no more than a minute passed before they were on each other again, with nothing between their skin this time. In the moment there's no thought being given to what they're doing, or will do; as they followed what their basic needs and wants yelled at them, their bodies seemed to collide with one another.

He kissed and licked at her chest while she clawed at his back and hooked her legs behind him, his breath warming her skin while she moaned into his ear. His tongue swirled, once, twice, again and again around her left nipple, never once directly on the center. She bent her back towards him, desperately trying to force it unto the path of his tongue. When he saw she couldn't take it anymore, he licked her nipple and started sucking on it, covering it with his lips while his tongue flickered over it. Each quick swipe of his rough tongue on her sent tiny shocks straight down her body, centering in one place.

She pulled him even closer against her using her legs, tugging at his locks of hair as she closed her eyes and opened her mouth into a tiny, silent 'O'. She started grinding against him, almost complaining when his mouth left her until he turned his attention to her other breast, repeating the same torturous process all over again.

He finally got up from how he was sitting and onto his knees, leaning her back until she was spread out on her bed; this was her favorite position, and she knew he knew it. She reached down and started stroking him, that first touch making him realize how painfully hard he'd become.

She began her own torture, slowly tugging forward, then pushing his skin back, making him almost double over in pleasure by now. She kept this up, tugging faster and faster every so often, pulling him to the brink then slowing her movements so he could come down. When she saw she'd done this enough time, that he wouldn't last much longer from this, she began stroking him faster than ever before, trying to make him cum as she knew what would be next.

She on her back, he kneeling over her chest, she'd finally taken him over the edge; she felt his body tense up, knew he'd gotten there. He let out a quick breath and shut his eyes, opening his mouth as a silent roar escaped him. She felt him get larger than he had been before, turning red as he shot over her chest, her stomach, a few strands even reaching her neck.

His ears were thumping, slightly deaf to any noise for a few moments; his breathing slowed, trying to let him catch up to his surroundings. he looked down at her, his vision still slightly hazy from such an incredible climb. She'd reached for some tissues on their nightstand and was trying to clean up most of the mess, barely batting an eye at all this.

When she'd finished, she looked up at him, wondering what he'd do next, hoping it was what she expected. he gave her an almost wolfish grin as he pushed himself back on the bed, leaving a hand on her stomach so she wouldn't get up. He kneeled on the floor and pulled her legs to the edge of the bed, hooking her thighs over his shoulders; he smelled deeply, letting her scent drive him wild like always.
It never failed.
He began licking from her knees to her thighs, just like he'd done to her nipples, torturing her over time. Quick nibbles and lciks of her skin, getting closer and closer to her center, making that ache in her that much more powerful. Just when she thought his tongue had driven him towards it, he skipped over and began on her right leg now, licking and taking small bites of her skin as he pulled away now.

Her ache had spread even deeper and further now, and each taste of her skin he took sent pinpricks all over him, making her almost shake in arousal.

Oh God...

Again, he did this for far longer than was necessary to drive her wild, to the point where he knew she'd be getting almost angry at his pace, and when he was sure she'd take matters into her own hands, he gave a quick lick down her center.
She let out a quick, guttural moan at her relief. He licked slowly down her lips, paying attention to the outside, red by now, a flush that had spread almost to her thighs. He pulled in one of her labia inside his mouth, licking it as he swung his tongue up and down her flesh, tasting her wetness, the almost oily essence of it.

He knew her, knew her body, knew every inch of it; he knew what to do, what not to do. And this part of her, he knew very well...
Taking his tongue, he pushed it in inside her, tasting and feeling how wet she was by now, keeping an arm hooked around her waist and holding her down by her belly. She was turning her head right to left, pulling on the sheets or her hair, anywhere that gave her hands somewhere to be. When he wiggled his tongue inside her, she grabbed his hair and began squealing, high-pitched moans that let him know what he already knew.

When he thought she was ready, he took his index and middle fingers and pushed them inside her, replacing his tongue with them; while they wiggled around, stroking that tiny rough patch inside her, her focused again on her lips. He stroked and licked and kissed at her, all while holding her down.

Finally, he thought it was time to sendherover the edge, and zeroed in on that tiny nub, the button to what would surely do it for her. He softly let his tongue stroke it, knowing that overdoing it at this point might ruin what he'd built her up for. As soon as his tongue pushed down even harder against it, her hips started bucking, trying to push herself against his mouth and fingers. He stroked harder and deeper against her, licking more and more of her until she started gasping, her breaths ragged and hurried.

She lifted her back off the bed, her thighs clamping around his neck to the point of suffocating him, and lost it. That ache in her pulsed its way through her body, the muscles in her stomach tightening and releasing, every muscle in her legs letting go and dropping lifelessly on him.

They had both fallen over the edge now...

He kept licking her after she came down from her explosion, making sure not to touch her clit so she wouldn't be put off. He licked what little had squirted from her just then, tasting that almost intoxicating essence of her and looking up at her.
She had her eyes closed, trying to catch her breath; her body shone slightly by then, a few strands of hair clinging to the sweat on her forehead, darker than the rest that was spread on her pillow. He pulled himself back onto the bed and lifted her legs again, putting them around his waist. She looked up at him and smiled, feeling and seeing that he was ready again by now; she took hold of him and rubbed him over her lips, then both pushed him inside of her at the same time. She was ready for him, but that feeling of being filled still got to her, realizing how empty she felt any other time. In just a few strokes into her he was almost completely inside her, starting out slow to see where she wanted to go.

When he saw her nod, he quickened his pace, his backside lifting quickly and dropping as he began pounding into her, a roughness that mirrored their kisses. He pushed back slowly then came back harshly, creating slaps from the collision of their bodies. He lifted her by her backside now, letting himself push even deeper inside her, feeling their hips join together.

She reached up and grabbed him by his back, holding on while he took her just how she liked it, with an energy that left her breathless. She noticed his thrusts were becoming erratic now, and the throbbing between her legs seemed to become even stronger just then. She put her lips to his ear and directed her moans and gasps in it, every so often kissing and nibbling at his neck.

He pulled her tight against him and used what strength he had been saving to push even harder, and held her chest completely against his as he pushed her down onto him and came inside her. He shuddered as he released into her, as she felt him throb inside her and felt his warmth spreading inside. He held her against him harder than before, a closeness that let him get as much pleasure from her touch as possible.

He was sitting on the bed, and she on him, and they opened their eyes and looked at each other as if for the first time that morning.

"Good morning", he whispered to her. She kissed him softly, not wanting him to pull out just yet.

"Wait, wait, just stay with me."

He put her down again on her back, then turned with her as he cradled her from behind, not for a second leaving her body. He took the bedsheet and pulled it over them, pushing his left arm under her pillow and his right arm around her waist, cupping her breast.

He breathed in the scent of her hair, kissing her neck the way he was supposed to the night before.

The way he wanted to every single night.

He started thinking about all this, about what all the times he'd have to miss this because of work, or being too tired from work.

As his eyes started to close, he started thinking of what he would do so he'd never pass this up again...

So that they wouldn't have to wait anymore for each other.